/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad Ali

abo mussaab
03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
"I'm a Muslim. I've been a Muslim for 20 years. . . . You know me. I'm a boxer. I've been called the greatest. People recognize me for being a boxer and a man of truth. I wouldn't be here representing Islam if it were terrorist. . . . I think all people should know the truth, come to recognize the truth. Islam is peace."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
*yawn*

Boxing is haraam yet so many Muslims support it. What's so great about two men punching each other? What that achieve? RARRR I'M BIGGER THAN YOU!! RARRR! I'M STWONGER THAN YOU! RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RARRRRRRRRRRRRR MY EXTRA LARGE FOREHEAD!

IAmZamzam
03-28-2013, 08:38 PM
He's not exactly the best poster child for our religion there ever was. I mean, the famously volatile, arrogant attitude may have all been an act, I suppose, but that would still make him a hypocrite or a deceiver. He wasn't putting on a good face, is what I'm saying. I mean, not that I know a very great deal about the guy but as I understand it, that he's a well known Muslim whom everyone is aware wasn't a terrorist is about the only really famous thing about his public persona that isn't notorious. And yes, professional boxing is a needlessly dangerous profession in which people risk their health and even their lives for money or a thrill, instead of doing it for a noble cause.

Berries'forest
03-28-2013, 08:40 PM
I agree boxing is dangerous and we as muslims should not adopt a violent attitude.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abo mussaab
03-28-2013, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
*yawn*

Boxing is haraam yet so many Muslims support it. What's so great about two men punching each other? What that achieve? RARRR I'M BIGGER THAN YOU!! RARRR! I'M STWONGER THAN YOU! RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RARRRRRRRRRRRRR MY EXTRA LARGE FOREHEAD!
salam alaykoum corecet i agree with you brother its forebiden in the reality but something like legitimate defense if somebody want to attack you as kung fu too for exp me i prefer kung fu as my favorite sport thank you for reading my post and your comment about the muslim mohamed ali

GuestFellow
03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
:wa:

Nothing wrong with self defence. I just don't approve of boxing for entertainment.

ardianto
03-29-2013, 01:04 AM
"No! ..... The Greatest is Allah"

This was what Muhammad Ali said when he came to Indonesia and some people called him The Greatest.

IAmZamzam
03-29-2013, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"No! ..... The Greatest is Allah"

This was what Muhammad Ali said when he came to Indonesia and some people called him The Greatest.
Okay, I'll give him some credit for that.

IslamicRevival
03-29-2013, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
He's not exactly the best poster child for our religion there ever was. I mean, the famously volatile, arrogant attitude may have all been an act, I suppose, but that would still make him a hypocrite or a deceiver. He wasn't putting on a good face, is what I'm saying. I mean, not that I know a very great deal about the guy but as I understand it, that he's a well known Muslim whom everyone is aware wasn't a terrorist is about the only really famous thing about his public persona that isn't notorious. And yes, professional boxing is a needlessly dangerous profession in which people risk their health and even their lives for money or a thrill, instead of doing it for a noble cause.
Incorrect. He was volatile in his days of ignorance but changed his attitude for the better after he reverted to Islam. Cassius Clay was the trash talker, Ali was/is a humble man.

IAmZamzam
03-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Eeeeennnnnnnhhhh...not exactly what I heard, Vision. But "volatile" probably wasn't the best choice of words and I'm not his biographer.

crimsontide06
03-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Boxing is so stupid lol If you want entertainment watch REAL (American) football or soccer :p.

Scimitar
03-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Sorry but uhm, the man Cassius, Muhammad Ali did say "I am the greatest" and boasted a lot - A LOT - even as Muhammad Ali and so, Allah took the power of speech from him

Recognise.

Scimi

~Zaria~
03-29-2013, 10:56 AM
:salamext:

I remember Mufti Menk once saying that on the Day of Qiyamat, when we will be asked to recite quraan (and thereby in shaa Allah, attain our rank in Jannah), many will not be able to get past Surah Fatihah.

Because, in Surah Fatihah, we recite each and every day (translation):

'All praise is due to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,

Master/ Owner of of the Day of Recompense.....'

In other words, even though we acknowledge every day, that Allah is the One who will Judge us on the Day of Qiyamat - we spend much of our lives, acting as judgers of others.

Lets forget what this muslim brother has done in the past - who knows how much he may have repented for his past ways of living, and how regretful and remorseful he may be......so much so, that Allah may have forgiven him, completely erased his slate of previous deeds, and may be making his current illness a means of attaining a very high rank in the hereafter.
In shaa Allah.

Parting thoughts:

:wasalamex

Scimitar
03-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Point made well... as I said, it's not a worldly reason, and Muhammad Ali can admit that himself, who are we to argue? :)

Scimi

greenhill
05-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Muhammad Ali...... The sportsman/showman/entertainer and whatever else pertaining to his public persona that we see in the media I'm sure is the 'alter-ego' to bring in the crowd. Like him hate him, he got your attention! The more attention he can milk, the bigger his pay day. He was the richest sportsman of his day by a country mile or ten!

He was cunning, he was devastating, and can be downright mean. But he can get away with it. And he did! Except for the ban. Shame for the sport. When talent is there to see, to me it transported the mundate into art. Even football, I am not interested to watch people just kick the ball about. It's about watching for those intricate plays and magical skills that can be conjured up.

There is a saying, 'no advertising is bad advertising', say what you like, but if people are influenced by him see that he has accepted Islam, what is the possibility that they will follow suit? They won't be learning from him.

However, Muhammad Ali, not the alter-ego, I cannot judge, I know him not.

YusufNoor
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
:sl:

Ali might have been a bit arrogant, but he gets many kudos from me for refusing to serve in the Capitalist/Drug venture known as the Vietnam War.
and extra for being a brother! (and we would have never known of Howard Cossell without him! :D)

:wa:

ardianto
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Muhammad Ali was the only person who could make schools in Indonesia got day-off when he was on the match.

It's happened in 70's. I still remember.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!