/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Virtues of Dhikr

ncarolinahs
03-28-2013, 03:47 AM
By Sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyah

1. Abu as-Darda (RA) said: Allah's Messenger (SAW) said, "Shall I not inform you of the best of your actions, the purest in the sight of your Lord, which raises your rank to the highest, which is better for you than spending gold and silver, better than meeting your enemy so that you strike at their necks and they strike at yours?" They replied: "Yes, indeed," and he said: "It is the remembrance of Allah." (At-Tirmidhi)

2. Abu Huraira (RA) said: Allah's Messenger (SAW) said, "The mufarridun have gone ahead and excelled". They asked, "Who are the mufarridun, Messenger of Allah"? He replied, "Those men and women who remember Allah much." (Muslim)
3. Abdullah ibn Busr (RA) mentioned that a man said: "O Messenger of Allah! the ordinances of iman have become too many for me, so tell me something to which I can cling." He replied, "Let your tongue not cease to be moist with the remembrance of Allah, exalted is He." (At-Tirmidhi)
4. Abu Musa Al-Ashari (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) as saying, "The examples of one who remembers his Lord and one who does not are like the living and the dead." (Bukhari)
5. Abu Hurairah (RA) reported Allah's Messenger (SAW) as saying, "If one sits in a place where he does not remember Allah, exalted is He, there will be deprivation for him from Allah; and if one lies down in a place where he does not remember Allah, exalted is He, there will be deprivation for him from Allah." (Abu Dawud)

http://www.areweprepared.ca/post/201...-of-Dhikr.aspx

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!