/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam Alaykum, New sister in the neighbourhood =)

samijohs
03-29-2013, 01:43 AM
Salam Alaykum, brothers and sister :muslimah:

My name is Amal and I'm 20 years old. I've been muslim for about 2 years, when I was about 12 or 13 I was attending a class about middle age and my teacher mentioned something about Arabs and Islam, since then I got interested because at that age I didn't know there were more religions than Catholicism and it was like discovering a new world *v* At first, my interest for Islam was merely academic, I love religious topics and I want to study Theology as a second career, Insha'Allah :embarrass

The most beautiful thing and which impressed me the most about Islam were the prayers, I fell in love with Islam when I saw people praying, it was just amazing :thumbs_up . I decided to be muslim when I was 17, and I started talking to a sister called Zaara (my Allah bless her) and she helped me a loooooooooot during my process to come back to Islam :)

I joined this page because I want to get as much knowledge as possible and also to contrast different points of views.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
samijohs
03-29-2013, 01:50 AM
I forgot to mention that I'm from Peru (South America) and I speak Spanish (that's why my English is not very good :omg: ).

IAmZamzam
03-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Salaam.

samijohs
03-29-2013, 01:54 AM
Wa alaykum salam, brother :muslimah:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abo mussaab
03-29-2013, 02:04 AM
wa alaykoum esalam wa ramahtu allah welcome sister

Iceee
03-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Salaam.

Welcome to our forums.
format_quote Originally Posted by samijohs
The most beautiful thing and which impressed me the most about Islam were the prayers, I fell in love with Islam when I saw people praying, it was just amazing . I decided to be muslim when I was 17, and I started talking to a sister called Zaara (my Allah bless her) and she helped me a loooooooooot during my process to come back to Islam
Glad you like Islam. Please check out the http://www.islamicboard.com/new-islam/ Threads.

I have a question; how did your parents/family react when you converted? Because you're 17 right now and you converted two years ago right?

crimsontide06
03-29-2013, 02:10 AM
welcome!

White Rose
03-29-2013, 02:10 AM
:wa: my dear sister :statisfie,

Welcome! I am very happy to hear that you have accepted Islam and that you love the prayers. :ma:. May Allah SWT bless you, increase your knowledge and grant you protection.

Ameen

Muslim Woman
03-29-2013, 02:16 AM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam sis :)

may Allah bless u in this world and hereafter .

samijohs
03-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Salam to all, thanks and ameen!!!

Brother Icee asked about my parents' reaction...I'm 20 now, I became muslim when I was 18 but I decided it when I was 17 hahahahahaa :statisfie
Well, it was complicated at first. I couldn't tell them the truth so they discovered it on Eid al Adha, when I arrived home with a lot of meat O.o
My mother yelled at me, she was upset, angry, disappointed and actually she didn't know anything about Islam, only what she had heard in the media. It was difficult :/ and until now she doesn't like Islam at all. She asked me to not wear hijab and to not marry a muslim man, I said "ok, mom, we will see..." because I didn't want to fight and also I don't want her to be worried. I know that what she is asking for is not possible but why to make her feel worried? =) My father didn't say anything, my sister thinks it is "cool" hahahhaa she's a teenager and Alhamdulillah she is always ready to listen and learn. My grandma has the same way of thinking as my mother and the others members of my family always try to make me "think again" and they are asking weird questions all the time. Sometimes it's funny to hear them hahaha they repeat everything they watch on tv ^o) I think my mother will accept the fact I'm muslim soon (insha'Allah) because during Ramadan, she helped me a lot, she made my food for Suhoor and also she doesn't say anything when I go to the mosque or when I pray. They respect me and that's the only thing which matters now.

Iceee
03-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Alhumdulillah.

A lot of members on this board are reverts as well so if you have any questions or need any support, feel free to ask in the Advise and Support Thread located here: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-support/
Even some of the forum mods are reverts from Christianity.

Keep praying, making du'a, fasting, stay around Muslim sisters and don't mingle with the brothers. Stay focused and Allah will guide not only you but your family to Islam Inshallah. It might be hard for them now but it will take time to accept this fact.

samijohs
03-29-2013, 03:22 AM
Thank you, brother. Yeah, that's why I try to do, stay around my sisters and talking about brothers...don't worry, even when I was Christian I didn't used to be close to boys who were not part of my family. Thanks for ur wishes, I hope they could find the way to Islam, insha'Allah =)

Al-Mufarridun
03-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Masha'Allah

Welcome to the Forum sis, May Allah :swt: continue to Love, Guide and Bless you always. Ameen

May Allah :swt: also guide your loved ones too. Ameen Ya Rabb!

samijohs
03-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Ameen!!! :)
Thanks

sister herb
03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum dear sister.

:statisfie

Nice to get you here. I know one from Peru (she is half Peruvian and half Finnish and Catholic - anyways she is kind person).

samijohs
03-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Wa alaykum salam, sister harb :D and thanks!!

Really? wow it's great! hahahahaha there is always a peruvian in every corner of the world :3 We are trying to dominate the world actually hahahhahhaa :statisfie

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Assalam o alikum

:welcome: to the forum hope u like it hea :)

Jedi_Mindset
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Assalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu ukhti,

beautifull story right there and a enthusiastic post you've made :)

Welcome to this forum and enjoy your stay.

samijohs
03-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks!! And Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, Jedi and Periwinkle :thankyou:

Qurratul Ayn
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakatuh

May the Blessings, Peace & Mercy of Allaah be upon you

*BIG HUG*

Welcome to the forum!

:ia: In Sha Allaah, you shall learn a lot here and have a beneficial stay!!!

samijohs
03-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wa warakatuh!!! Thank you sister :statisfie I'm happy to be here, I'm reading some interesting posts you've wrote on the forum n I'm sure I will learn a lot :3

sister herb
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samijohs
Wa alaykum salam, sister harb :D and thanks!!

Really? wow it's great! hahahahaha there is always a peruvian in every corner of the world :3 We are trying to dominate the world actually hahahhahhaa :statisfie
My friend is human right worker and doc who has made work with ICRC in the field hospitals in Africa and Asia countries.

:statisfie

I am glad to know person like her.

samijohs
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Wow! Masha'Allah!! Such a beautiful career, helping people all the time *-* I'm happy to know that peruvian people (a half peruvian in this case) have such a successful life abroad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!