/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do u do wen ur really scared or worried??

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Assalam o alikum

Another one of my questions :p

So what do u guys do wen ur really scared or worried?? What do u do that would make u feel better??

Cuz I can't sleep wen tht happens no matter how hard I try I end up staying up the whole nite esp wen I'm really worried.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
03-29-2013, 04:18 PM
cry for my mama....... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!! lol

sister herb
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Salam alaykum

It depends what is the reason why I am scared. Sometimes I run to dark forest, sometimes cry alone and sometimes attack against someone whose made me scared and then that someone will be much more scared than I.

:raging:

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Huh :S hmm I guess u feel better after talking to ur mum am I rite ??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

It depends what is the reason why I am scared. Sometimes I run to dark forest, sometimes cry alone and sometimes attack against someone whose made me scared and then that someone will be much more scared than I.

:raging:
Omg wow sis ur really strong MashaAllah.

Run into a dark forest?? Are u sure ??

sister herb
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
In my country people are more danger than animals in the dark forests. That is normal reaction here when people are upset - they like to be alone - they run to forest.

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Wasn't talking abt wen ones upset just wanna know what ppl do wen they're scared or worried dobu recite something etc??

sister herb
03-29-2013, 04:32 PM
^^ Oh that? I say shahada and after that I know nothing can´t hurt me. Allah is near of me. Or punch of angels.

:embarrass

IslamicRevival
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Ask yourself why you're scared/worried? If something triggered these feeling its best to talk to someone and let it out because bottling things up can be disastrous sometimes.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
ayatul kursi works for me.

i saw a djinn once after awakening from a nightmare and the terror felt was extreme.

in my dream i saw anbeautiful girl climb into my bed and slowly climb be and as she climbed i could feel her heavy grip upon my legs, thighs, stomach... chest.... then kneck and my eyes opened As the djinn stared back.

ayatul kursi helped a lot.

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Had a feeling u mite post.

Ahaan InshaAllah will keep that in mind.

Btw I'm not worried or scared just asking. Cuz I was a couple of days ago n I couldn't sleep properly.

Scimitar
03-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Sounds like sleep paralysis, happened to me once,

I woke up because I couldn't breathe, something was pressing on me, and I couldnt move anything, only my eyes were open and I felt terror - I thought, death has come... and I tried to scream. But couldn't. Then I managed to say "Allah" and I was able to move again. I jumped out of my bed and hit the light switch. I didn't see anything, but bro - the room felt really weird. The atmosphere was dark. Can't explain it.

Anyway, My lil bros room was next door so I ran to his door (it was like 3am) and I started banging on it, He woke up and was like "what you want man, go to sleep"

I was freaked out and just kept saying, "there's a jinn in my room" lol, Whether there was or wasn't, I wasn't sure, but I didn't want to be alone.

He told me to shut up and go to sleep and jinns don't exist, But I just kept banging the door til he opened it. I slept on his floor that night :D

This was sooooooooo many years ago though, over ten years at least..

Scimi

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 06:00 PM
But jinns do exist.

Ok so what do u guys do wen ur worried how do u make ur self feel better ??

I hope these went silly questions just wanna know what other ppl do wen they're in tht situation Cuz its just horrible wen I'm scared my heart beats real fast :s

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2013, 06:07 PM
when im worried i do dhikr of the breath. which is either to recite laa ilaaha as yiu breath in and illallaah as you breathe out.

or i sit down and just recite dhikr.

to be honest im never ever really worried. whats making you worried?

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Hmm I usually get worried wen I don't hear from a frnd for a long time or if something happens to someone or if I don't finish my work on time. I usually get worried abt ppl I do pray a lot buh I Duno y in just not at peace.

I'm just crazy I guess ppl say I care to much buh shouldn't all of us do tht after all we're one ummah one big family no??

Mite try tht tip Nxt time InshaAllah.

Jedi_Mindset
03-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Reciting dhikr or anything to remember Allah(SWT) that HE is the ultimate protector and no one will harm me except of HIS will.

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 06:23 PM
N then I've been promoted to head teacher I'm well kinda worried I hope I'm dng my job properly its a big responsibility tht just scares me.

Scimitar
03-29-2013, 06:24 PM
I find that a belly full of fat keeps the worries away :) it's so true too.

No, I don't have a fat belly :D I mean, if one eats well, they release all the right feel good chems in the brain.

Scimi

Periwinkle18
03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Umm Lol belly full of fat :S

Wen I'm worried I don't feel like eating at all :s

Buh Alhumdulilah I am eating now . Well sort of

Qurratul Ayn
03-29-2013, 06:54 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ayatul kursi works for me.

i saw a djinn once after awakening from a nightmare and the terror felt was extreme.

in my dream i saw anbeautiful girl climb into my bed and slowly climb be and as she climbed i could feel her heavy grip upon my legs, thighs, stomach... chest.... then kneck and my eyes opened As the djinn stared back.

ayatul kursi helped a lot.
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I woke up because I couldn't breathe, something was pressing on me, and I couldnt move anything, only my eyes were open and I felt terror - I thought, death has come... and I tried to scream. But couldn't. Then I managed to say "Allah" and I was able to move again. I jumped out of my bed and hit the light switch. I didn't see anything, but bro - the room felt really weird. The atmosphere was dark. Can't explain it.
I had similar experiences myself although I've never seen a Djinn before but I knew that it was that that was on me or stopping me from breathing. I can't even imagine the terror you felt Brother IbnAbdulHakim, but we are human and prone to fear from other things but :Allah::swt: is The All-Mighty and All-Powerful, I always try and remember that .

Whenever that happens to me, I always seem to be sleeping on my back, facing upwards, and I stop breathing, I struggle with the duvet, and then I just recite A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīmi أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم and it stops.

After that, I recite it again 3 times
Then I recite 3 times; lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāhil aliul azeem لا حول ولاقوة إلا بالله
Then I recite 3 times La ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka, inni kuntu mina z-zalimin. لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ

Then Ayatul Kursi 3 times and Qulillahumma maalikal mulki 3 times

Then I recite the Shahadah 3 times

That's my routine(?) more or less in that order whenever I feel like that or if I have a truly frightening dream

sister herb
03-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Sometimes I make something not so islamic. Like listening hard rock. No no I don´t send any link to here don´t worry.

:D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2013, 06:57 PM
qullillaahumma is amazing to rcite helped me a lot too

i made a'mal of that verse and Allah provided me my rizq through it

Qurratul Ayn
03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
But in answer to your question, Periwinkly (I had an inkling it was ya :D)

:haha:

Scared; Same as my other post but also I start saying "Allah please please please help. Please (x100 or more)"

I start reading Dhikr as other Brothers and/or Sisters have suggested.

Worried; I do Dhikr, but I keep thinking about the worry and what will happen/ed, how will this affect us all? Yep, I over-think too much when I worry, but then My Husband speaks to me about it or distracts me and then I become fine :)

That's me

Haya emaan
03-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Alhamdulillah i don't get scared too easily..:p
for worried... i was last two three days, too much worried.. at first i tried hard to keep my self normal but at last bursted out crying in front of my mom. gave me some feeling of relive, thn together we tried to set right those worrying things although didn't succeeded yet but i read dua e istakhara and prayed to Allah SWT to give me strength to handle the things and to do whats right in the situation. just after that moment, although nothing have changed, i m feeling so much peace in my heart not at all worried or dis satisfied any more.. Alhamdulillah

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:salamext:

I had similar experiences myself although I've never seen a Djinn before but I knew that it was that that was on me or stopping me from breathing. I can't even imagine the terror you felt Brother IbnAbdulHakim, but we are human and prone to fear from other things but :Allah::swt: is The All-Mighty and All-Powerful, I always try and remember that .

Whenever that happens to me, I always seem to be sleeping on my back, facing upwards, and I stop breathing, I struggle with the duvet, and then I just recite A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīmi أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم and it stops.

After that, I recite it again 3 times
Then I recite 3 times; lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīmi لا حول ولاقوة إلا بالله
Then I recite 3 times La ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka, inni kuntu mina z-zalimin. لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ

Then Ayatul Kursi 3 times and Qulillahumma maalikal mulki 3 times

Then I recite the Shahadah 3 times

That's my routine(?) more or less in that order whenever I feel like that or if I have a truly frightening dream

JazakAllah khayrun ukhti

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
qullillaahumma is amazing to rcite helped me a lot too

i made a'mal of that verse and Allah provided me my rizq through it
whats an a'mal???

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
But in answer to your question, Periwinkly (I had an inkling it was ya )
lol u said that the last time i posted a question :P

Sometimes I make something not so islamic. Like listening hard rock. No no I don´t send any link to here don´t worry.

no no no , no hard rock sis its haraam haraam hehe no srsly music is seriously dangerous i tell u :p

sister herb
03-30-2013, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
no no no , no hard rock sis its haraam haraam hehe no srsly music is seriously dangerous i tell u :p
Salam alaykum

Some scholars say that music is haram and some say it is not. Who I should really believe?

marwen
03-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Some scholars say that music is haram and some say it is not. Who I should really believe?
With controversial issues, where it could be haram or it could be not, the safest way is to avoid it. I guess :hmm:.
Unless you have a really really strong argument to do the act, or if you are obliged to do.

Al-Mufarridun
03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Salam alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
With controversial issues, where it could be haram or it could be not, the safest way is to avoid it. I guess :hmm:.
Unless you have a really really strong argument to do the act, or if you are obliged to do.
Greetings sis harb, bro Marwen.

Brother Marwen's advice is similar to that of the Messenger of Allah :saws:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt. Verily, truth is tranquility and falsehood is doubt.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi and Sunan al-Nasaai – Hadith Sahih]

Verily Halaal is clear, and verily Haraam is clear. And between them there are certain doubtful matters many people are unaware of, therefore, who stays away from doubtful matters he has protected his Deen and honour. And who gets involved in doubtful matters, he would fall into Haraam.’ (Bukhari; Muslim)

piXie
03-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Reading this really helps,

حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).”

piXie
03-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Salam alaykum

A difference of opinion does not mean we can choose the one we like. We have to sincerely weigh the evidences and proofs on both sides.

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Please don't change this thread into a music is halaal or haraam thread.

It is dangerous though srsly it gets stuck in ur head n makes u sing it again n again.

Don't listen to it anymore buh wen I used to trust me it never helps makes u sadder.

Al-Mufarridun
03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Back to the Topic:

Dhikr - Remembering Allah :swt: is the best form of medicine, vaccine, pain-killer for the believers.

Worry like all other emotions serves a purpose, it is informing us to try our best to prepare for an uncertain, possibly negative outcome in the near future.

But excess worry is unhealthy, and we should do our best to over come it. There are plenty of Authentic Hadiths in which the Prophet :saws: directs us to recite specific supplications, Dhikr. Whichever one you use at times of worry, fear, distress, anxiety, the fundamental underlying issue is to return our hearts, minds, our focus back to Allah :swt: our Rabb, our Refuge, our Protector.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2013, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
A difference of opinion does not mean we can choose the one we like. We have to sincerely weigh the evidences and proofs on both sides.
#

we have to weigh the evidences?

I'd rather rely on my madhab and my trusted scholars to be honest to do that.

Marina-Aisha
03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Little dua, whenever u feel scared only Allah can help so whenever ur distressed just do wudu and make dua this is always a good one:

Arabic:
Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee

Translation:
O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress

Innocent Soul
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
I usually do something in which I completely get involved so that I don't have much time thinking about it. These type of emotions just stay for a bit of time. Doing zikr,duas, reading translation of Quran or listening to it on internet also helps.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
But excess worry is unhealthy,
I agree. Leave everything on Allah and the reasons you stated for your worries are a part of day to day life and occur a lot that implies that are worried for much time believe me it really feels good when you are free of any tensions and rely on Allah. Don't be worried about anything except your deen. If your worries are too much talk to Allah about them pray and sometimes try to prat tahajjud. :)

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marina-Aisha
Little dua, whenever u feel scared only Allah can help so whenever ur distressed just do wudu and make dua this is always a good one:

Arabic:
Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee

Translation:
O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress
JazakAllah Khayrun ukhti I know this dua by heart Nxt time I'll remember to recite it :)

Periwinkle18
03-30-2013, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
But excess worry is unhealthy,
i know buh i just can't rest at times if i don't find out if the person im worrying abt is ok or not buh alhumdulilah know thanks to u guys tht i've got to do lots n lots of dhikr cuz someone very wise said that i should just remember that i have no power n should do the right thing and rely on Allaah. :)

Sothis Girl
03-31-2013, 06:02 AM
I'll ask myself : "what's the reason I feel this fear? What's the root cause? Can I overcome the root cause of fear, and HOW?"

"Is this fear necessary, or just an embellished thing from a hypothetical scenario that has yet proven to be true?"

Fear is merely the smoke, not fire. But Allah has created fear as alarm, a survival mechanism, and you have to understand it -- instead of making enemy with it.

Eric H
03-31-2013, 06:33 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Periwinkle18;

Last year I had a mole removed that might be cancerous, we waited around six weeks and the doctor phoned to say he urgently wanted to see me. it was non Hodgkin Lymphoma, my wife went pale, her best friend had died from this. We spent the next three months waiting for more tests and more results.

My prayers have never been for healing, rather my prayers have been that whatever the outcome of the tests should be that I should have the wisdom, peace, serenity and strength to do God’s will. I can only say that during this last year I have experienced profound moments of peace. The thoughts and worry of cancer have never troubled me, I have never had sleepless nights worrying, we place all our troubles in God’s hands and strive to do his will.

So many things are out of our control, often there is very little we can do to make things right, we just have to place these concerns in Allah’s hands knowing that he will look after us. At the tender age of 64 I know I am on borrowed time, I might have days, months or forty years left, the cancer might be the cause of my death or not, but one thing I have learned is that worrying will probably shorten my life rather than prolong it.

Lord give me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change,
Grant me the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that transcends all understanding

Eric

Periwinkle18
03-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Ameen

:cry: may Allah give u hiddayah ameen.

May Allah cure you ameen n ur so rite worrying won't take a person anywhere I've learnt tht one should pray lots.

Alpha Dude
03-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Non-stop dua. Over and over, begging for help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!