/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About Easter from my reading today this nugget

جوري
03-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Should Christians use the 'E' word? What does the term Easter mean? In the Old Testament times the Bible talks about Ashtoreth and Baal worship in I Kings 11:5-6, "For Solomon went after Ashtoreth [Easter in english] the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father." Ashtoreth is the mother of Baal. The short form is Ashtar or Ishtar and the English form of the word is "EASTER". Easter is nothing other than the mother of Baal and the celebration or worship of Ashtoreth is forbidden in the Old Testament Scriptures. Look at the Scriptures in Judges 2:13-14, "And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtoroth. And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel…" Easter is Ashtoreth (easter Egg)! Pray for the many who are deceived by this system! "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you (Matthew 24:4).

I found this by a bro on islam21

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-29-2013, 04:41 PM
more goodies on the matter
http://www.bibletruth.cc/Easter.htm

sister herb
03-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Salam alaykum

Can muslim greet to christian holy easter or is it sin?

جوري
03-29-2013, 04:52 PM
we should only invite them to the truth not reward them for transgressing against God.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
03-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Aren't there some groups of Christianity that don't celebrate Easter, Christmas because of their 'Pagan origin'?. I believe Jehovah witnesses don't, I'm not completely sure but I think the Seven-day Adventists also don't. One Adventist i work with told me, they don't celebrate both, nor do they have images inside their churches. It is interesting that the knowledge of the origin of these festivals are not entirely in doubt for even some Christians.

Marina-Aisha
03-30-2013, 01:12 PM
I haven't read the whole Quran yet but so wot happened to Jesus? I've read online but I don't really understand wot happened to him was just sent to jannat(paradise)?

Al-Mufarridun
03-31-2013, 07:27 AM
:sl:

Sis Marina-Aisha,

Jesus(as) along with Yahya(John)(as) is in the 2nd Heaven, He will In Shaa Allah return to earth to complete His mission. He is not in Jannah per-say, but he is in a pure and holy place with Allah :swt: and the Angels. Prophet Muhammad :saws: met Him and Yahya in the Night Journey.

There are seven Heavens, Earth is in the lowest heaven, all the stars and galaxies we can see are all in the lowest heaven, above it there is another heaven, much much greater than ours, and above it another, and above it another, until the 7th Heaven.

It is our sins that corrupt the earth, for if we were all righteous, there would be much blessings on earth, so much so that Earth would be like a 'Jannah on Earth'. So the place were Jesus(as) is living now, is a pure, holy place with pure and holy beings, similar to Jannah, but not the actual Jannah which He will In Shaa Allah enter when Allah :swt: ordains.

Allah :swt: knows best.

Marina-Aisha
03-31-2013, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
:sl:

Sis Marina-Aisha,

Jesus(as) along with Yahya(John)(as) is in the 2nd Heaven, He will In Shaa Allah return to earth to complete His mission. He is not in Jannah per-say, but he is in a pure and holy place with Allah :swt: and the Angels. Prophet Muhammad :saws: met Him and Yahya in the Night Journey.

There are seven Heavens, Earth is in the lowest heaven, all the stars and galaxies we can see are all in the lowest heaven, above it there is another heaven, much much greater than ours, and above it another, and above it another, until the 7th Heaven.

It is our sins that corrupt the earth, for if we were all righteous, there would be much blessings on earth, so much so that Earth would be like a 'Jannah on Earth'. So the place were Jesus(as) is living now, is a pure, holy place with pure and holy beings, similar to Jannah, but not the actual Jannah which He will In Shaa Allah enter when Allah :swt: ordains.

Allah :swt: knows best.
Oh okay thank you that's very helpful :)

Aprender
04-01-2013, 02:18 AM
I believe Jehovah witnesses don't
You are correct. Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Easter. They also do not celebrate birthdays, Christmas, or Halloween due to the pagan origin of these celebrations and Biblical evidence against doing so. They also do not celebrate Thanksgiving. For Jehovah's Witnesses, getting together to be thankful and spending time with family is something that should be a regular occurrence.

Jehovah's Witnesses also do not view Jesus (peace be upon him) as God.

crimsontide06
04-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Easter, Valentines's Day...etc... many "holidays" are manufactured so companies can make big money off of people.

Iceee
04-01-2013, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Easter, Valentines's Day...etc... many "holidays" are manufactured so companies can make big money off of people.
Of course, I don't see the significance of the "Bunny" in Easter when it's about the Resurrection of Jesus (PBUH).

Valentines' Day? A day where Christians allow the mingling of genders but don't allow pre-marital sex. I don't understand things these days.

Am I the only one confused :unsure:

Urban Turban
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Quran Sura 67.3 He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (God) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?

Urban Turban
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Am I the only one confused
Absolutely not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!