/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !!

abo mussaab
03-29-2013, 09:30 PM
About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !! masah allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aflawedbeing
04-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Masha'Allah. Truly inspiring. :)
May Allah swt keep them, and all of us firm upon our deen and in constant pursuit of self improvement. Ameen.

Tyrion
04-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Honestly, that number doesn't interest me nearly as much as the number of people that could be leaving Islam every year.

aflawedbeing
04-01-2013, 12:47 AM
While obviously there's some. Given the fact that Islam is renowned as being the fastest growing faith in the world, it's much less.
I'm not diminishing that each and every one is a grave tragedy. I'm just saying, Allah swt alone guides and misguides.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
04-01-2013, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Honestly, that number doesn't interest me nearly as much as the number of people that could be leaving Islam every year.
I believe most leave because they feel Islam is too strict. They feel life is about loving everyone and having fun.

Muslim Woman
04-01-2013, 03:32 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

It's not a news at all that some people are leaving Islam . If u leave Islam and become Christian , u will get many facilities . If u don't believe in Islam anymore , u will enjoy life as u wish - no restriction . But despite the media propaganda agianst Islam , people specially western women are embracing Islam , that's amazing .

aflawedbeing
04-01-2013, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I believe most leave because they feel Islam is too strict. They feel life is about loving Then obvioeveryone and having fun.
First of all I must take exception to this, as it seems as though you are speaking as though only/even mostly reverts leave Islam. This is completely untrue - anyone can be misguided just as anyone can be guided (sincerely).
Either way, the reverts that do haven't given Islam the right respect and consideration before embracing the true way of life if they leave for this reason.

May Allah swt keep us all steadfast. Born Muslim, or not. Ameen.

Aprender
04-01-2013, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I believe most leave because they feel Islam is too strict.
Or due to loneliness. In my experience it's very difficult for reverts to "fit in" to a community that has its own sub-communities and cultures where a revert doesn't feel welcome. Often times they end up adopting another culture instead of practicing Islam and lose themselves in the process. That can lead to self-hatred, a feeling of losing their individuality and instead of realizing where they went wrong in the beginning by focusing on a culture instead of the religion, they blame Islam for that unhappiness and leave so that they can be themselves again.

Another problem I see is the lack of Islamic scholarship in the West. There is a lot of mistranslation, apologetics, misinterpretation and cultural oppression that happens to reverts living in Western countries. To be American is inherently anti-Islamic to some in the Muslim community and that's not a good thing.

I do think that we as a Muslim community need to take some responsibility for the lack of resources we provide to newer Muslims and work toward building better academic institutions for Islamic studies in America. Understanding the Islamic heritage that America has and the history of Islam in other parts of the world is something that needs to be better emphasized in addition to working toward properly practicing this deen so that people don't feel alienated. Learning the Arabic language is something that should be an ongoing process.

Still, American Muslims, reverts or not, need to make the effort to learn and grow with the religion and rely only on Allah (swt) despite the barriers that are currently in place.

Naeema
04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
I keep saying that it is because so much of my life is easy (I have clean water, regular electricity, plenty of food) that the isolation of being a revert in America is a test I must pass. I have more time to read Quran and work on my memorization now; so that's a good thing. But I can imagine that if you had many friends and were used to being very social with them, that the post-revert desert would be very lonely.

Scimitar
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab
About 20,000 People Revert To ISLAM Every Year In America !! masah allah

Source? I could claim 100,000 people a year convert to Islam every year in the USA, but without a census report, I'd take it as a wild claim.

Scimi

جوري
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
here's one source:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hem-koran.html

and here's another:

numbers don't matter though we need quality not quantity Muslims and indeed if we can rid ourselves of wishy washy ones whose hearts are those of kaffirs we'd be collectively better of.

Ramadan90
04-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I absolutely agree with sister above. We need quality muslims. How many muslims do consciously seek self development in Islam to perfect all aspects of their deen?

It is relatively easy to declare the words of Shahadah, but it takes the rest of one's life to live up to those words. If we don't progress from that first day when we accepted Islam, then we have not made much progress in becoming better Muslims, have we? This deepening comes both in terms of knowledge and in the way we behave.

May Allah make us quality believers who seek excellence in every aspect of this beautiful way of life.

Futuwwa
04-02-2013, 07:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
numbers don't matter though we need quality not quantity Muslims and indeed if we can rid ourselves of wishy washy ones whose hearts are those of kaffirs we'd be collectively better of.
I love you too :)

Karl
04-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Strange... I thought they would be converting to secular Judaism. Or are these American Muslims infiltraitors? If the Americans can't destroy Islam they can join it and rot it out from the inside. Just like the commies and gays rotted out the Church. Sorry if I sound like a cynic, but what ever the USA touches turns to cr*p.

Scimitar
04-07-2013, 03:41 AM
lol. That is surely a cynical thing to say... but the truth is, many revert for genuine reasons.

There is a very small micro-minority that revert with the intention to "rot it out from the inside" as you say. We've got proof of that too, on these very boards.

Scimi

Futuwwa
04-07-2013, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
There is a very small micro-minority that revert with the intention to "rot it out from the inside" as you say. We've got proof of that too, on these very boards.
I would very much like to see that proof, brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!