/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whats the use of being a good example?

User_23338
03-30-2013, 03:28 AM
no matter how hard we try to be good examples infront of non-muslims, they still won't mostly likely convert to islam, because 1.) they don't care about religion or 2.) they don't want to know the exact truth, for some reason they don't want practice their religion in particular hense the reason why christians changed the bible and they want to eat pork and drink alcohol and all that stupid stuff.

why do they try to hard to defend their religion when their belief is currupted? why do they like worshipping a man? why do they like following a illogical belief?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
03-30-2013, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
why do they try to hard to defend their religion when their belief is currupted? why do they like worshipping a man? why do they like following a illogical belief?
How is their belief corrupted?

That man Jesus (pbuh) is the son of God thereby they are worshipping a God instead of a man.

Illogical belief?

YusufNoor
03-30-2013, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
How is their belief corrupted?

asked

That man Jesus (pbuh) is the son of God thereby they are worshipping a God instead of a man.

and answered!

Illogical belief?

yes, completely and totally illogical!
got any other easy questions?

to the OP, MrKan89, Allah has guided you to true Islamic monotheism! Alhamdulillah!

have pity on these poor souls who are still polytheists. make dua for them.

ma salaama

Samiun
03-30-2013, 04:45 AM
:sl: it is not our decision to decide whether they would convert or not because Allah will only give Hidayat to those He wills. Also, we do not try to become a good example to only non-muslims, we also do it for muslims and more importantly, we do it for Allah S.W.T.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
03-30-2013, 06:59 AM
Are you asking about being a good example, or about giving da'wah to non-muslims/christians ? because these are not necessarily related.
- you can give dawah by other means : give them a book, discuss with them, pray for them, etc.
- being a good example is not only for da'wah, we are required to be a good example because we follow our prophet SAW :
"Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much." (Al Ahzab : 21)
and to encourage other muslims to be good muslims.
- I agree, many non-muslims are not ready to accept the truth, and some of them don't want the truth. This makes da'wah very hard with them. Your job is to pass the message and let Allah do the rest.
Allah says, not only to us, but even to Prophet Muhammad SAW : "Lo! thou (O Muhammad) guidest not whom thou lovest, but Allah guideth whom He will. And He is best aware of those who walk aright." (Al Qassas : 56)
And : "Say: The knowledge is with Allah only, and I am but a plain warner;" (Al Mulk : 26)

Hulk
03-30-2013, 07:27 AM
no matter how hard we try to be good examples infront of non-muslims, they still won't mostly likely convert to islam
I hope this doesn't mean that when there are no non-muslims around you cease to be good.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2013, 11:26 AM
lol i think its better to think of it this way

we will obey God and strive against ourselves to follow his commands

if people change by what they see in us then all well and good, if they dont then that shouldnt affect us as people

Ahmad H
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
no matter how hard we try to be good examples infront of non-muslims, they still won't mostly likely convert to islam, because 1.) they don't care about religion or 2.) they don't want to know the exact truth, for some reason they don't want practice their religion in particular hense the reason why christians changed the bible and they want to eat pork and drink alcohol and all that stupid stuff.

In answer to your concern, which was a concern for me till very recently, is in Surah Al A'la. For a long time I wondered, "I do so much to try and propagate Islam to the people in the West, yet no one seems to listen or try to benefit from this beautiful religion. Why do I try anymore?" But, when I was memorizing Surah Al A'la, then I found my answer:

87:9 Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer).
87:10 The admonition will be received by those who fear (Allah):
87:11 But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate ones,

This is the concise and best answer. It is from Allah Himself. No human can give you the correct answer since they do not know all of humanity. Only Allah knows all of humanity. Therefore, you will only be able to benefit from His answer, since you are propagating His message, and you are working for His sake only.

So keep on preaching. It will eventually reach someone who is searching for this answer in their hearts. Do it with love and be patient. This type of work requires a lot of it.

User_23338
03-31-2013, 03:12 AM
how could christians even say, that God is all loving when they believe that God let Jesus get crucified? Why would he do such a cruel thing to his messenger? God never did this with any other prophet, it boggles my mind how they think this is a peaceful and good thing, when it clearly isn't. What kind of brain did Allah give these people?

Iceee
03-31-2013, 04:35 AM
how could christians even say, that God is all loving when they believe that God let Jesus get crucified? Why would he do such a cruel thing to his messenger? God never did this with any other prophet, it boggles my mind how they think this is a peaceful and good thing, when it clearly isn't. What kind of brain did Allah give these people?
He was crucified because he wasn't roman. and cause people did not like his teachings. And yes Isreal was once under the Roman Empire. There was a law that if you were not Roman, you get crucified and if you are roman and sentinced to death, you would get the deluxe package and get beheaded. I would rather get beheaded because you would die instant instead of die in 7-8 hours, like Jesus did.

Periwinkle18
03-31-2013, 04:43 AM
I would say one thing hidayyah is in Allah's hand all u cn do is give the message u can't make anyone convert trust me.

Sothis Girl
03-31-2013, 05:47 AM
Now, now, that's what happens when you're obsessed to the result instead of process. :)

Remember the saying "we can only take someone to a fountain, but whether he will drink from the fountain it's up to his choice?"

Please, people. No one in the world can make someone "convert to Islam". Guidance is between Allah and them only. But why not becoming a medium, a catalyst to that guidance? Lead by example with intention to please Allah and gained His rewards alone. Even if they in the end, not convert, so what? We don't lose that rewards. I know someone who's sympathetic to Islam yet doesn't convert after 5 years he knew the deen. But he openly admitted back then he hated Islam, and now he put his hat off for it.

Isn't that a one step forward? Who knows what's next? Our aim here in da'wah is not "to convert". But merely to "present the truth on what Islam is about", and provide them a map. Islam is surrounded by a lot of misunderstanding now, which is our main barbed wire. Break the barbed wire first from the minds of people as much as you can.
That way you don't have to resent if you can't convert someone. Conversion cannot be forced. The heart needs time to discern and adjust to change. If you were raised 20 years with the whole people around believing Jesus or Isis is the right god, do you think it would be easy to move overnight? No.

Believe me, converting is not just a matter of belief. It's a matter of stepping outside your comfort zone.

If I have to credit my own conversion, it's 99% result of inner searching, and no outside people influenced my decision that time. But I converted nearly a year after my first study in Islam. And it's through a strange "a-ha" moment. If Allah wishes something, it becomes. But it's not an instant thing. It takes time.

Berries'forest
03-31-2013, 05:53 AM
You are putting your effort in the wrong place. You have to be a good muslim for your own sake. Every muslim has to be good for their own sake. If one only puts up a good example so people can recognize them. This is insincerity it is ostenation. You should concentrate on pleasing Allah and no one else. The purpose of being a good person is to please Allah and not to convert other people it is not our job and at this day and age there are only few people who take religion sincerely from there hearts. Wasting time trying to please and win others because you want them to be good will not be of any benefit. Only so few people are actually humble enough to follow the guidance of Allah; and only Allah knows who they really are. It's all about your heart not what you put up for people to see.

It doesn't matter what they say.It shouldn't trouble you either. Concentrate on pleasing Allah and not those people.

glo
03-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Surely you obey God because you believe it is right and you want to please him and worship him. Don't you?
Or do you do it to convince others and convert them? :?

I would say that your first duty is to God, and to trust him to deal with your non-Muslim friends.
Your duty IS to practice Islam, the rest is up to him (God) and them (your friends).

God's peace with you, friend.

User_23338
04-02-2013, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Surely you obey God because you believe it is right and you want to please him and worship him. Don't you?
Or do you do it to convince others and convert them? :?

I would say that your first duty is to God, and to trust him to deal with your non-Muslim friends.
Your duty IS to practice Islam, the rest is up to him (God) and them (your friends).

God's peace with you, friend.
let me ask you a question, why won't you become a muslim?

User_23338
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
im still waiting for your response, glo.

ardianto
04-03-2013, 03:37 PM
With provocative attitude like this, I don't think you are a good example of Muslim, Khan.

glo
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
let me ask you a question, why won't you become a muslim?
MrKhan, I don't know if it's appropriate to reply to this question in this section.

My brief answer is that although there is much I appreciate in Islam, I simply cannot deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.

I hope you can accept this simple reply. I don't want to go into any debate about it. :thankyou:

Salaam

IslamicRevival
04-03-2013, 06:05 PM

I don't understand your logic and reasoning, what good would come out of setting a bad example? As Muslims were supposed to set a good example not only for Non Muslims but for the whole of humanity at all times and not when it suits us.

Its our job to deliver the message of Islam in the BEST way possible and the rest is up to our creator for Allah almighty guides whom he wills.

Hulk
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
You have the strangest threads mrkhan. I hope you will continue to do your amal with the right niyyah.

User_23338
04-04-2013, 09:36 PM
@Glo, So you believe in the pagan trinity? you believe God is the son of himself? Btw, why would Jesus (pbuh) be considered divine just because he performed miracles? What about when Moses split the water in half, does that make him God? what about when abraham didn't get burned in the fire? you have to realize that these great men are not devine, they are 100% human beings, God gave them the ability to perform miracles.

When Jesus (pbuh) comes back, i have a good feeling that you may convert to islam right away when he says he's only a prophet and messenger of god, and not a son of god or god himself. But who knows you might be really angry, which i won't understand why you would, you need to realize we have all of the prophets in islam, WE ARE NOT LEAVING ANYONE, Jesus even said there will be another comforter coming after him and it definitely isn't the holy spirit because that doesn't make any sense, because Jesus says to test the comforter to see if he's the next messenger.

glo
04-04-2013, 09:39 PM
MrKhan, as I said in my previous post:

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I hope you can accept this simple reply. I don't want to go into any debate about it.
Lakum deenukum waliya deen

God's peace to you. :)

Iceee
04-04-2013, 09:44 PM
i have a good feeling that you may convert to islam right away when he says he's only a prophet and messenger of god, and not a son of god or god himself.
Salaam.

Just let people be; Allah Guides Whom He Wills. You have to remember that some people were born into a family of a "faith" just like I was born into a family of Muslims. If someone asked me to convert to Christianity giving me so much evidence about the false of Islam and positives of Christianity, don't you think I'll stay as a Muslim because I was born in a family of Muslims, I attended madessa, most friends and family are of the Islamic faith etc...?

This is exactly what the Atheists are doing? Are you trying to be like them? "Why do you believe in God? There's no proof of Gods existence?" You think I haven't been asked that? Don't be like them. This forum is to help people learn about Islam.

Salaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!