/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice for Conveying Islam to Non-Muslim Friends and Acquaintances

abo mussaab
04-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Some Advice for Conveying Islam to Non-Muslim Friends and Acquaintances

Sheikh Khâlid al-Sayf, professor at al-Imâm University

Many of us have contact with people of other faiths in our daily lives. They might be friends, acquaintances, or

leagues. However, some of us find it difficult to approach them about Islam. We wonder: What can I possibly say? How can I tell him that his religion is wrong? This bewilderment causes us to fail to teach these good people about Islam.

As Muslims, we should naturally desire to teach others about Islam. We know that this was the work of the Prophets. Allah says: “Say: This is my way; I call to Allah upon clear knowledge, I and those who follow me. Glory be to Allah! And I am not of those who engage in polytheism.” [Sûrah Yûsuf: 108]

We know that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said to `Alî b. Abî Tâlib: “I swear by Allah! That Allah guides by your hand a single person is better for you than all the finest camels.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2724) and Sahîh Muslim (4423)]

The following are just a few points of advice for those of us who wish to approach this noble effort:

1. Make sure to pick an appropriate time to bring up the subject of Islam. Make sure that the other person is n the right frame of mind to talk about it.

2. Avoid things that will make the other person uncomfortable. You should be gentle and accommodating in your attitude and approach various issues and questions as a seeker of the truth.

3. Never criticize or attack the other person’s beliefs. That is a very indiscrete and unwise thing to do. This might make the other person more adamant about his beliefs as well as spoil the good relationship that you have with him.

4. Avoid getting into discussions about secondary issues. No matter how much the other person insists upon doing so, stress to him that essential matters and principles should be discussed first and it is not going to get us anywhere to delve into secondary matters when the primary issues are not fully understood.

For example, it is wrong to talk about why the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had the number of wives that he had before discussing the concept of prophethood and what it means for him to be a Prophet.

5. Get acquainted with the standard misconceptions about Islam that are being circulated and how to answer them. Many of these misconceptions are well known. If he is Christian, acquaint yourself with the claims about Islam being circulated by Christian groups to their followers. Many of these misconceptions have been around for generations.

6. If the person is from the People of the ******ure, it is often good to start with the topic of the earlier Prophets and how we know that they are Prophets. Talk about Moses (peace be upon him) and the other prophets of Israel. After that, bring up Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and discuss how his prophethood is established in the same way that theirs is. Once it is accepted that he is a Prophet, then it follows that everything that he says about God is true.

This is far better – in my opinion – than trying to argue concepts like the Trinity, especially with people who are not well-versed in their faith, which is the case with most people today.

And Allah knows best.

ALLAH SAID IN THE QURAN :“...The only religion in the sight of God is Islam...” (Quran 3:19)AND

“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (their selves in the Hellfire).”
(Quran 3:85)

In another saying, Muhammad, the Prophet of God(SAAW), said:
“Whoever testifies that there in none worthy of being worshipped but God, Who has no partner, and that Muhammad is His slave and Prophet, and that Jesus is the Slave of God, His Prophet, and His word which He bestowed in Mary and a spirit created from Him; and that Paradise (Heaven) is true, and that the Hellfire is true, God will eventually admit him into Paradise, according to his deeds.”(Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

“Indeed God has forbidden to reside eternally in Hell the person who says: “I testify that none has the right to worship except Allah (God),’ seeking thereby the Face of God.”Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
04-01-2013, 02:58 AM
I think I would wait till I become more knowledgeable...I make people mad when I talk about religion with them.

Especially when I tell them its stupid to think Jesus is God... so yeah, I'm not good at it. Some things people believe are just frustrating, should be logical sense.

abo mussaab
04-01-2013, 03:10 AM
salam alaykoum of course brother because peaple in this world have negative idea about islam and muslim especialy arabic peaple islam is not just for arabic peaple its for all this world
Islam is peace.
Islam is beautiful.
Islam is successful.
Islam is unity.
Islam is purity.
Islam is love and prosperity.
Islam is not hatred or adversity.
Islam is not rivalry and enmity.
Islam is true salvation.
Islam means no harm or affliction.

LOVE ISLAM... LIVE ISLAM... SPREAD ISLAM..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!