/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why: Ali (R.A), Hassan (R.A), and Hussain (R.A)

Iceee
04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Salaam.

As mentioned in my introduction thread, I was born into a Muslim family. My Dad (peace be upon him) always took me to the Masjid ever since I was 4 years old for prayers and he and I would stay for bayaan after prayers as well. I attended a madresa at 4 years old to 16 years old as well. Now I pray by myself.

My question: From when I was four years old to now (eight-teen), the bhayaans I attended with my Dad, talks from my appa, my mol-e-sab, even my Mom (peace be upon them all) who would tell me stories about the Sahaba's before we would go to sleep never used to tell me about: Caliph Ali (R.A), and his sons Hassan (R.A) and Hussain (R.A). The talks were always about the Prophet (Peace be upon him), Abu Bakr (R.A), Aisha (R.A), Bilal (R.A).

I have been reading about Ali (R.A) http://www.islamicboard.com/companions-prophet/386-4-ali-ibn-abi-talib-fourth-caliph.html

I
s there a reason why people in my community didn't tell me about Ali (R.A), Hassan (R.A) and Hussain (R.A)???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Best to ask them directly. People on a forum would be unlikely to answer that for you.

However, I don't believe there is any specific reason and suggest that you are simply looking too much into it.

Sunnis don't view Ali RA or his sons negatively so there would be no logical reason to avoid talking about them.

Iceee
04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't know but I feel like Sunnis seem to avoid talking about Ali (R.A). Maybe it's just me stereotyping because of my views.

Muslim Woman
04-02-2013, 04:24 AM
:sl:

even on Ashura day , u never heard of Imam Hossain ra ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SFatima
04-02-2013, 08:25 AM
thats rather strange, Sunnis and most muslims Love Hazrat Ali(r.a) Imam Hassan (r.a) and Imam Hussain (R.A) and are related to a lot of quotes and stories about them, maybe your family didnt come across them, it would be a good thing to find authentic books about these people and keep them in your house for everybody to read..

YusufNoor
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
I don't know but I feel like Sunnis seem to avoid talking about Ali (R.A). Maybe it's just me stereotyping because of my views.
if i had to guess, the Sahabah that i hear/read the most about are Abu Bakr, Umr, Aiyisha and Ali, ra. the kids were real young when the Prophet, pbuh, was alive, so you do hear some, but not a whole bunch. Ali ibn Abee Taalib, ra, is in the top 4, though.

:wa:

Iceee
04-02-2013, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
even on Ashura day , u never heard of Imam Hossain ra ?
Never heard of this day, I'll do my research on it Inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
find authentic books about these people and keep them in your house for everybody to read
I usually read about the Sahaba online Inshallah. But yes, I shall print out this information, staple it together stating the name of the Sahaba, and keep it for my family, relatives, or friends to read Inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
Ali ibn Abee Taalib, ra, is in the top 4, though.
Top 4? I know he's the fourth succeeder of Islam after the Prophets' (peace be upon him) death.

YusufNoor
04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Top 4? I know he's the fourth succeeder of Islam after the Prophets' (peace be upon him) death.
i meant as far as frequency of occurrence of stories about him. he was the 4th Kaliph, but there are far more stories about him than #3, Uthmann. After all, Ali was raised in the Prophet's, pbuh, house, was one of the 1st Muslims, took his place when the Prophet, pbuh made hijra so that when the Quraish showed up to kill him, they found Ali instead, married the Prophet's favorite daughter, was a fearless warrior and steadfast in the Din.

i like listening to Seerah, rather than reading:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...wi%20%28saw%29

and the Kulifah:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...ulafah+Rashida

and the Sahabah:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...ba+Rasul-Allah

:wa:

Iceee
04-03-2013, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
pbuh made hijra so that when the Quraish showed up to kill him,
Never read that ^^^

Ja'Zakullah for links. I will read when I am free Inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!