View Full Version : Purification Of The Heart

IslamicRevival
04-01-2013, 09:38 PM
:sl:

Beautiful lecture on the heart by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
04-02-2013, 03:30 AM
I have this lecture series on CD along with several others. I just finished listening to "The Poor Man's Book of Assistance". I really like his lectures.

SirZubair
07-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Masha'allah, Shaykh Hamza Yusufs work is beyond awesome.

May allah swt reward him for his efforts.

Muhaba
07-10-2013, 06:37 AM
I have a great book on the subject "Purification of the Heart." It is a translation of some Arabic book and is something all muslims should read. Pray that I get the time and tawfiq to type it and post here. I have intended this for some time, but haven't gotten the chance to do it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Icy Maiden
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
The Prophet sws said if we don't have anything good to say, then say nothing and be silent. I don't have anything good to say about Hamza Yusuf, so I'll be silent.

ardianto
07-13-2013, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Icy Maiden
The Prophet sws said if we don't have anything good to say, then say nothing and be silent. I don't have anything good to say about Hamza Yusuf, so I'll be silent.
I often disagree with fatawa from the ultra conservative ulama, but I always have something good to say about them, and I still learn Islam from them. My disagreement with their fatawa does not make me be unfair on them and regard them as ulama who should not be listened.

Stay away from hatred because hatred is a disease that will ruin your heart. And if you cannot remove hate from your heart, try to always fair. You maybe hate people like Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, but try not to unfair will regard people like him is always wrong.

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.
(Al-Maaidah: 8)

Icy Maiden
07-14-2013, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I often disagree with fatawa from the ultra conservative ulama, but I always have something good to say about them, and I still learn Islam from them. My disagreement with their fatawa does not make me be unfair on them and regard them as ulama who should not be listened.

Stay away from hatred because hatred is a disease that will ruin your heart. And if you cannot remove hate from your heart, try to always fair. You maybe hate people like Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, but try not to unfair will regard people like him is always wrong.

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.
(Al-Maaidah: 8)
I merely said I have nothing good to say about Hamza Yusuf. That doesn't imply that I hate him. I'm indifferent.

MustafaMc
07-14-2013, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Icy Maiden
I merely said I have nothing good to say about Hamza Yusuf.
... and what does this imply other than you have plenty of bad to say about him? You are treading extremely close to backbiting and I believe in fact have crossed the line. Sheikh Hamza Yusuf is one who teaches on the inner, spiritual aspect of Islam that I find to be quite enlightening and refreshing. He teaches that the merit of all deeds is determined by the intentions behind them and even the noblest of deeds and most devout adherence to the sunnah provides no protection from the Hellfire if it is not accompanied by the right intentions which come from the heart.

Icy Maiden
07-14-2013, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
... and what does this imply other than you have plenty of bad to say about him? You are treading extremely close to backbiting and I believe in fact have crossed the line.
I have crossed the line? ^o)

When a man is angry he doesn't have a great deal of good things to say about the person he is angry with. But if he refrains from saying those nasty things and controls his anger, this is considered a virtue. God doesn't look at the fact that he entertained bad thoughts and ideas and greatly desired to curse and utter indecent language doesn't matter. What He does look at is the man's control over his tongue.

Hamza Yusuf makes me angry and I could say bad things about him and am sorely tempted to. But I have refrained from speaking ill of him. I have exercised control. You may not notice this. But God does.

God does not hold a person accountable for things he never said.

Hulk
07-14-2013, 08:35 PM
I think part of what the brother meant was that if you were really practicing what you said you wouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Icy Maiden
07-16-2013, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
I think part of what the brother meant was that if you were really practicing what you said you wouldn't have said anything in the first place.
Allah doesn't hold any person responsible for entertaining negative thoughts and ideas about another human being.

On the contrary, Allah appreciates the entertainment of such thoughts if one has very good reasons for having them.

IslamicRevival
02-03-2014, 01:54 AM
:sl:

A Sound Heart

IslamicRevival
09-15-2015, 11:45 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!