/* */

PDA

View Full Version : student advice - study and motivation

anonymous
04-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Salams everyone!

I wanted some advice about studying, focusing and staying motivated.
I used to (last year and prior to that) be a very hardworking student, making sure things were done on time and revising well and i used to do very well. this past year, i don't know whats wrong with me, I've been so demotivated, i don't bother really doing anything, I've also lately realised that i've even been less concentrated during prayers and azkaar etc (deen stuff)
my huge assignment which counts towards a lot of this year is due in less than three weeks and i haven't done much of it to be honest. every time i sit down at home to work, i just get distracted or just don't start :( my exams also start soon.
i just don't know whats happened and why i don't seem to work or concentrate anymore. i'm at uni btw. i guess i sometimes am distracted by family etc, but a lot of it is just me wasting time.

how'd you guys motivate yourselves? what are/were your routine for revision period etc? any advice is much appreciated and may Allah reward you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2013, 07:45 PM
umm since no one else has answered

is it ok if i tell you what i do in similar situations?

it may not help at all but i eat less and sleep less intentionally with focus on controlling my nafs (i dont watch tv listen to music etc anyway).

that kinda boosts me back to my norma self

sorry if thats bad advice fr your situation

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!