/* */

PDA

View Full Version : chitka ads

YusufNoor
04-06-2013, 12:42 PM
:sl:

sorry, didn't know where else to put this...

does anyone else use firefox? i do, and i hate, like really hate internet explorer. i get these :raging::raging::raging::raging::raging:huge popups on the lower right hand side of the screen. i can't make them stop! i use spybot, malware by antimalwarebytes, and avg. i completely checked my addons and installed programs for the culprit(s) to no avail...imsad

been going on since Nov or Dec. few things make me completely lose my mind (or, what's left of it), but this does the job in spades.:skeleton:

i'm guessing it is directly related to firefox, and i'd consider alternates, just not ie.

anyone???

ma salaama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Zainab
04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Use chrome brother... its the best.

YusufNoor
04-06-2013, 03:07 PM
is that firefox chrome or google chrome?

Haya emaan
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
google chrome.. with ad block plus.. no popup ads at all...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
04-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I use Google Chrome. Search up Adblock on google afterwards and download it.
No mo ads!

YusufNoor
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM
:sl:

done and done.

now, we'll see.

did anyone actually pay for adblock?:embarrass

YusufNoor
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
grrrrr:raging:

first chitka ad...

methinks this is google itself...

YusufNoor
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
and on to adblock plus...

Iceee
04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Maybe it's the fact that you click on something which opens up another window with the "chitka" ad.
This cannot be blocked, just try to avoid clicking on whatever you clicked on that opens that new window.

If I HAD to pay for adblock, I would. But I don't so I don't. :statisfie

crimsontide06
04-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Like others said use Adblock <3

Not only does it block ads on webpages it blocks stupid youtube commercials

YusufNoor
04-07-2013, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Maybe it's the fact that you click on something which opens up another window with the "chitka" ad.
This cannot be blocked, just try to avoid clicking on whatever you clicked on that opens that new window.

If I HAD to pay for adblock, I would. But I don't so I don't. :statisfie
nope, the ad is right on the page.

and with adblock plus...still got 'em. :hmm:

Iceee
04-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Conflict with another Internet Explorer addon
Some addons for Internet Explorer like IE7Pro has been reported to interfere with Simple Adblock. You can verify if another browser addon is conflicting with Simple Adblock by disabling the various addons you have installed, relaunching Internet Explorer and verifying if ads are blocked.
In Internet Explorer goto tools -> manage addons. Here you can try an disable other plugins installed within Internet Explorer. If you find out a conflict is causing the conflict, please reenable the plugins one by one, until you have located the plugin causing the conflict.

Or maybe the makers of adblock haven't been to the webpage you are visiting. Report it

YusufNoor
04-07-2013, 01:21 AM
will try that!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!