/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haraam to marry if you are incompatible

anonymous
04-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Is it haraam to marry if you are incompatible with the likes and dislikes of the other person , which would cause problems and led to divorce

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
04-07-2013, 12:50 AM
:sl:

u can't predict who will get divorced. Many jolly persons , friendly helpful persons are not happy in married lives .

Abdul Fattah
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Aselam aleykum
We'll we're not sheikhs, so we cannot give fatwas as to what is haram and what is halal. I don't even know if there are any sensible fatwas on that issue.
But if there isn't any fatwa on it, then common sense would tell me not to enter a marriage if you don't believe it has a fighting chance.
As for the examples you listed: compatability with likes/dislikes. Well thats a very personal question. It would depends on which issues you have a diffrent taste in, and how important those issue are for both of you; and how import it is for you that the other person would be interested in it as well. Some couples have completely diffrent interests, yet still have a meaningfull and happy relationship.

anonymous
02-23-2015, 01:49 AM
Listen to me. Dont do it. wont work out. Will end up in a miserable life. Like mine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
فصيح الياسين
02-23-2015, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Listen to me. Dont do it. wont work out. Will end up in a miserable life. Like mine.
Dear sister we've seen ur several post. Either direct or indirect yr marriage life is not going well. Nikah is not haram with it. These likes unlikes are other part of relations. U served 7years and still not solved the problem.... why???

greenhill
02-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Haram is a rather harsh word for this matter. It means forbidden and sin. Incompatibility means there will need more give and take and consideration.

Just because we may not like something will never make it haram.

So if you find a person at total odds with you, don't marry that person as it may spell trouble for you. Why even try to place something like 'haram' into the equation when it has no jurisdiction there.

:peace:

M.I.A.
02-23-2015, 11:04 AM
you are on a board that widely agrees on arranged marriage and marriage through wali.

look at previous threads.

although these are almost always beneficial, its not apparently obvious who for most of the time.

fitna_fighter
02-24-2015, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
did you perform istikhara and was it an arranged marriage. With regard to compatibility I think it's important how we define this. As muslims we should be looking at a spouse who's compatible with islam cos ultimately thats our be all end all. If the spouse is not someone who prays and lacks the basic of deen in their daily life it could be difficult. Surely if you agree to marry someone you will be wary oftheir personlaity so you will have to adjust. Yes compromise is key but on the basics of deen there's no scope for compromose in my opinion.

At the end of the day it's about completing our deen you want to marry someone who's practising to some extent(salah, beard, hijab, etc) as otherwise you'll be wasting precious time trying to implement the basics and that doesnt help at all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!