/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salah For Women

faithandpeace
04-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I'm working on learning Salah and have found what I believe to be some good online resources. However, I have heard that there are some differences in parts of the Salah between sisters and brothers. I may be wrong. I am hoping to learn the traditional method insha'Allah as I've heard there are a few variations. A masjid nearby has a class for New Muslims and it sounds like they are very interested in helping new Muslims and those considering reverting to Islam. I am also wondering if the dua's before and after wudu should be said silently or out loud or if it is a choice. Jazakallah khair to any advice given. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
04-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Assalamu alaikum. Yes there are differences in Salah between men and women, have a read of them here: http://islamicacademy.org/html/Learn...mens_Salah.htm. You can also check out this excellent and complete How to perform Salat guide here http://islamicacademy.org/html/Learn...form_Namaz.htm.

MustafaMc
04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
I had used this book http://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_...r_in_Islam.pdf as a quick reference.

I recommend this site for learning proper pronunciation of Qur'an. http://www.imaanstar.com/juz30.php I have used it to learn short surahs for salah.

I pray according to the Shafi'i madhab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2D4_f3LPg8 The masjid closest to you may pray slightly differently according to one of the other madhabs (schools of Islamic jurisprudence) or references such as Albani
http://islamic-knowledge.com/Books_A...Al_Albanee.pdf

Having a knowledgable sister show you in person is the best way.

faithandpeace
04-10-2013, 03:22 AM
Jazakallah khair for all of these links and information. Insha'Allah it should help me along the way.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
faithandpeace
04-24-2013, 05:59 AM
I had a question about ra'akat. I believe this refers to the totality of all of the postures and recitations. Different prayers have a different number of ra'akats. Am I correct? Is there any part of the postures/recitations that are not part of the ra'akat? Jazakallah khair for any help. :)

abcdcool2012
04-24-2013, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by faithandpeace
I had a question about ra'akat. I believe this refers to the totality of all of the postures and recitations. Different prayers have a different number of ra'akats. Am I correct? Is there any part of the postures/recitations that are not part of the ra'akat? Jazakallah khair for any help. :)
From Surah Fatiha to prostration or sajda where we say subhana rabbiyal a'ala is one raka and yes different salah has different rakas like --

Fajr :-
2 rakas sunnah,2 rakas fard

Zohr or Dhuhr :-
4 rakas sunnah,4 rakas fard,2 rakas sunaah and then if you wish you can read 2 rakas of nawfils

Asar :-
4 rakas fard

Maghrib :-
3 rakas fard,2 rakas sunnah

Ishah :-
4 rakas fard,2 rakas sunnah and then you can offer 2 rakas of nawfll if you wish

Then if you want to offer Tahajjud then get up at 2 am and read it and afte it read Witr salah which is basically odd rakas from 1 to 11 whichever easier for you...

I hope it helped...

Muhammad
04-24-2013, 03:21 PM
:salamext: sister,

Ma sha Allaah, it is good you are keen to learn the Salah and this is a very important step. As a note of caution, try to focus on the most important aspects of it first, and avoid going into details right at the beginning. Salah is a very big subject and involves a lot of rulings, and scholars have differed over some rulings. If you ask a diverse group of people, they might give you different answers to some questions and this will confuse you. For example, your question about variance between men and women praying - some scholars mentioned some slight differences and other scholars said that they both pray the same way. There are other issues though, which all scholars agreed on. Once you have become confident with the basics, then in sha Allaah you can study in more detail, and you will gain a better understanding of why differences occur and how other opinions can be valid too.

On the issue of rakats, a rakat is like a unit within the prayer. You are right that different prayers have different numbers of units, but it's usually only 2, 3 or 4 rakats (the witr prayer is the exception as it can be less or more than this). All parts of the postures and recitations are part of the prayer: from the moment you say the first takbeer to when you end the prayer with tasleem, you are considered to be in prayer and certain conditions will apply (like not being allowed to talk, eat, etc.).

And Allaah :swt: knows best. I hope I haven't said anything that's confused you. May Allaah :swt: increase you in knowledge and keep you steadfast, Aameen.

faithandpeace
04-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Jazakallah khair for your responses. This really does help a lot. It is true that I want to get the basics down first and then eventually work on the finer details. My main reason for these questions is so that I don't do a form of salah that is blatantly wrong. Once I'm regular in daily practice of the essentials of salah, insha'Allah I can ask some sisters over at a masjid near me to give me more specific guidance if possible.

faithandpeace
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
When does the rakat end? Does it go from Takbeerat to the part where you turn to both sides? And are all postures and recitations including Al-Fatiha and both Sajjdahs included in each Rakat? A lot of the websites aren't clear on what the unit of rakat covers or if it is basically all 9 postures with nothing omitted/altered on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rakat of the salah. I'm not worried about minor variations but what the essentials say on this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!