/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duas for parents who passed away

Faiza47
04-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Assalamou 'Aleikoum Brothers & Sisters,

I am trying to view an attachment posted on a thread concerning islamic views on praying for parents who passed away but it seems that I do not have permission to do so given my status as a new user. Could you please approve my account so I can access this information?

Barak Allahou Fikoum,

A sister in Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
04-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Salaam.

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Please view this video:

Give charity for your parents.

Pray 5 times a day.

After prayers whether with the Imam or by yourself at home, make du'a to forgive your parents, and all Muslim Brothers and Sisters Sins.

Go Hajj once in your life. I'm sure your parents would have loved that.

Forgive. And don't forget them. They are your parents. We can never forget those who gave birth to us and those who raised us to be the beautiful Muslims we are today.

Visit their graves and pray. Avoid crying. Remember your parents. What they have done in their lives. Their friends. Their love towards not only you but your other siblings.

Before I conclude my dear Sister, I leave you the following. Inshallah you read and benefit from the following hadiths.

The loss of a loved one is a time when a person may be overwhelmed with grief, and many customs surrounding bereavement reflect the depth of the feeling of loss. Wailing, eulogizing (ie praising the deceased excessively) and tearing one's garments are all customs which were well known at the time of Jâhiliyyah, and are still common among some Muslims. Such conduct is not permitted in Islâm, as the believer is required to face bereavement, like all the other trials of life, with patience.It is permitted to cry or weep, softy, before death, at the time of death, and after the person has died.According to ash-Shâfi'î, however, it is makrûh to cry after the person has died, but permissible before the soul has departed.
The correct opinion is that crying is permitted both before and after death. The evidence for this is the hadîth narrated by Jâbir ibn 'Abdullâh (RA) in which he said: "My father died at the battle of Uhud, and I began to weep. The people told me to stop, but the Messenger (SAAS) never asked me to stop. Then my aunt Fâtimah began to weep too, and the Prophet (SAAS) said:
'It does not matter whether you cry or not, the angels kept shading him until they ascended with his soul' "(agreed upon).

Ibn 'Abbâs (RA) reported that when Ruqayyah (RA), the daughter of the Prophet (SAAS), died, the women started to cry, and' Umar (RA) began to whip them to make them stop. The Prophet (SAAS) told him: "O 'Umar, leave them alone and let them cry." To the women he said: "Go ahead and cry, but avoid the crying of the Shaytân ... Whatever comes from the eye and heart is from Allâh and is a sign of mercy, and whatever comes from your hand and your tongue is from the shaytân. "(Ahmad)

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "When a son of Adam passes away, he is cut off from his deeds except for three things: a current or perpetual charity, good knowledge that benefits someone, and a good child who makes du`a' (supplication) for him."

Our duties towards our parents, as we learn from the sources, do not cease with their death; rather they continue as long as we live. In a report cited by Imam al-Bukhari in his famous work al-Adab al-Mufrad we read, “A man approached the Prophet asking, “Is there anything I must do in terms of kindness towards my parents after their death?” The Prophet replied, “Yes, there are four things for you to do: Praying and asking forgiveness of Allah on their behalf, fulfilling their promises, respecting their friends, and fostering their ties of kinship…”

Forgot to add one thing.
If you visit their graves, try going when it is not during the month of Ramadan or on Eid. A lot of males will be there most likely and it's not good for prayers. Go with siblings or relatives and make du'a together and reflect on their lives Inshallah.

abcdcool2012
04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Du'a for Parents

Surah Ibrahim 14 : 41 & Surah Al-Isra 17 : 24 :-

Rabbighfir lii wali-waalidayya walilmum-iniina yauma yaquumul hisaab (Our Lord ! Forgive me and my parents,and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established)
(Also recite) Rabbirhamhumaa kamaa rabbayaani sag-hiiraa (My Lord ! Have mercy on them both as they did care for me when I was young)

abcdcool2012
04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'unPlease view this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6EEzWqY93IGive charity for your parents.Pray 5 times a day.After prayers whether with the Imam or by yourself at home, make du'a to forgive your parents, and all Muslim Brothers and Sisters Sins. Go Hajj once in your life. I'm sure your parents would have loved that.Forgive. And don't forget them. They are your parents. We can never forget those who gave birth to us and those who raised us to be the beautiful Muslims we are today.Visit their graves and pray. Avoid crying. Remember your parents. What they have done in their lives. Their friends. Their love towards not only you but your other siblings.Before I conclude my dear Sister, I leave you the following. Inshallah you read and benefit from the following hadiths. The loss of a loved one is a time when a person may be overwhelmed with grief, and many customs surrounding bereavement reflect the depth of the feeling of loss. Wailing, eulogizing (ie praising the deceased excessively) and tearing one's garments are all customs which were well known at the time of Jâhiliyyah, and are still common among some Muslims. Such conduct is not permitted in Islâm, as the believer is required to face bereavement, like all the other trials of life, with patience.It is permitted to cry or weep, softy, before death, at the time of death, and after the person has died.According to ash-Shâfi'î, however, it is makrûh to cry after the person has died, but permissible before the soul has departed.The correct opinion is that crying is permitted both before and after death. The evidence for this is the hadîth narrated by Jâbir ibn 'Abdullâh (RA) in which he said: "My father died at the battle of Uhud, and I began to weep. The people told me to stop, but the Messenger (SAAS) never asked me to stop. Then my aunt Fâtimah began to weep too, and the Prophet (SAAS) said:
'It does not matter whether you cry or not, the angels kept shading him until they ascended with his soul' "(agreed upon).

Ibn 'Abbâs (RA) reported that when Ruqayyah (RA), the daughter of the Prophet (SAAS), died, the women started to cry, and' Umar (RA) began to whip them to make them stop. The Prophet (SAAS) told him: "O 'Umar, leave them alone and let them cry." To the women he said: "Go ahead and cry, but avoid the crying of the Shaytân ... Whatever comes from the eye and heart is from Allâh and is a sign of mercy, and whatever comes from your hand and your tongue is from the shaytân. "(Ahmad)The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "When a son of Adam passes away, he is cut off from his deeds except for three things: a current or perpetual charity, good knowledge that benefits someone, and a good child who makes du`a' (supplication) for him."Our duties towards our parents, as we learn from the sources, do not cease with their death; rather they continue as long as we live. In a report cited by Imam al-Bukhari in his famous work al-Adab al-Mufrad we read, “A man approached the Prophet asking, “Is there anything I must do in terms of kindness towards my parents after their death?” The Prophet replied, “Yes, there are four things for you to do: Praying and asking forgiveness of Allah on their behalf, fulfilling their promises, respecting their friends, and fostering their ties of kinship…”
:jz: for sharing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faiza47
04-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Salam,

Jazak Allahou Kheir for this wise piece of advice.
I have been and keep trying to perform all the appropriate actions for my dear beloved mother who passed away 2 months ago Allah y rahma but also for my father who is still amongst us.
Would anybody know the written arabic translation for the following dua (so that I can make sure I have the exact pronunciation as the phonetical version is not sufficient in this case):

‘Allahumma anta Rubbuha wa ant khalaqtaha wa anta razaqtaha wa ant hadaytaha lil lslam wa anta qabadata ruha-ha wa anta alamu bisirriha wa 'alaniyatiha. Ji'nashuf'ala-hafaghfir laha zanbaha"
(Oh Allah ! You are her Sustainer, You are her Creator, You provided her with sustenance, guided her to Islam, caused her to die, and You best know her secret and public life. We plead to You on her behalf to forgive her her sins.)

Inna lilahi ou inna illahi raji3oon.

Barak Allahou Fikoum

Iceee
04-12-2013, 05:15 AM
1. Abu Hurairah said: The Prophet, peace be upon him, prayed in one of the funeral prayers: Allahumma anta Rubbuha wa ant khalaqtaha wa anta razaqtaha wa ant hadaytaha lil lslam wa anta qabadata ruha-ha wa anta alamu bisirriha wa 'alaniyatiha. Ji'nashuf'ala-hafaghfir laha zanbaha "Oh Allah ! You are her Sustainer, You are her Creator, You provided her with sustenance, guided her to Islam, caused her to die, and You best know her secret and public life. We plead to You on her behalf to forgive her sins."

Re: Duas for parents who passed away

Title suggests both parents died?

Faiza47
04-12-2013, 09:05 PM
1. Abu Hurairah said: The Prophet, peace be upon him, prayed in one of the funeral prayers: Allahumma anta Rubbuha wa ant khalaqtaha wa anta razaqtaha wa ant hadaytaha lil lslam wa anta qabadata ruha-ha wa anta alamu bisirriha wa 'alaniyatiha. Ji'nashuf'ala-hafaghfir laha zanbaha "Oh Allah ! You are her Sustainer, You are her Creator, You provided her with sustenance, guided her to Islam, caused her to die, and You best know her secret and public life. We plead to You on her behalf to forgive her sins."

Re: Duas for parents who passed away

Title suggests both parents died?

[/QUOTE]

My father is still with us elhamdoulillah. But what I was looking for really was the arabic sentence so as to match the correct pronunciation.

khamid
09-21-2017, 07:11 PM
اَللّهُمَّ اغْفِرْلِيْ وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَارْحَمْهُمَاكَمَارَبَّي َانِيْ صَغِيْرَا
muslim dakwah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!