/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Want to open up!

anonymous
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I want to inform a brother that I am interested in him for marriage Insha'Allah, but I want to do this Islamically,, right now I dont have the courage to do so but if I knew about the right way to go about the situation I think I will have more confidence,, could someone please advise me on what steps I should take

Jazakhallah Khairun

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Haya emaan
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
walaikum assalam waramatullah wabarakatahu sister

tell your mother about him or any other family member with whom you can discuss the matter.. than Ask your father or brother to meet him and talk to him or his family about this...

tigerkhan
04-15-2013, 12:25 AM
:sl:
my suggestion will be, if you r feeling something like this...don't prolong and let it be decided. get clear that if marriage is possible or not, i mean he is interested, families, compatibility... etc. if its not possible, stop thinking about him as it will develop feeling in your heart for him which is very dangerous for ur eman and spiritual strength.

ardianto
04-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Waalaikumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

From my experience when I was young, every girl who interested to me had her own way in sending a 'sign', depend on situation, and their character. And the way that done by the girl who now becomes my wife was be friend with my mother and made her impressed. Of course it made my mother always urged me to "choose her!". :)

But no one of them who blatantly told their feeling to me. They just sent 'sign' that could be read as they wait for me.

Sister anonymous, as a female you are not so lucky like male, because you are in position that wait for proposal while males are in position that send proposal. If a man has interest to a woman, he could try his luck with sending proposal. But if a woman has interest to man, what she could do just make this man know that she open her 'door' for him, and wait for his proposal. If she send proposal like the men can do, society would mark her as an aggressive woman, even if she send this proposal through third party.

Send a 'sign' through third party is a good idea. However, this third party must someone (or some people) who close to him, not just close to you but not close to him. And this third party should able to tell about your interest to him in right manner that not blatantly. In example "Bro, I notice that sister likes you. So, if you are looking for a wife, why not her?"

But sis, actually the advice that I will give you is, you should not too expect him. It's for prevent you from big disappointment if he does not choose you. I mean, do not thinking "I should marry him". Just make him as a man who should be accepted if he send proposal.

And open your heart for anyone, not only for him. make du'a wish Allah give you the right man, although maybe not that man. If he doesn't come to you but there is another man who comes and you sure this another man can be a good husband, why not?. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!