/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A survey you've probably never seen

IAmZamzam
04-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Here’s a little survey I’ll bet you’ve never seen before. It consists of two questions:

1. Muslims: what is your favorite passage from The Bible?
2. Christians: what is your favorite passage from The Qur’an?

Nobody else is eligible to give a vote, nobody is allowed to answer for their own scripture—and nobody is allowed to troll! Serious, tolerant answers only. No offensive or provocative passages are to be listed, even if they genuinely are your favorites (in which case grow up!).

Somehow I don’t expect to get many responses but I may as well give it the ol’ college try. I’ll go first.

When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you—and put a knife to your throat if you have a big appetite. (Proverbs 23:1-2, New Revised Standard Version)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
04-10-2013, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you—and put a knife to your throat if you have a big appetite.
I am not quite clear as to why that would be a favorite passage from the Bible. Undoubtedly, my favorite passage in the Bible is the parable of the Prodigal Son.

IAmZamzam
04-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Why? Because it's so true! And it's timeless. As someone with front row seats to see the three ring circus that is the American government I would know. (BAZINGA!) And it's well-written at that. And a bit more deep or layered in meaning, perhaps, than it might look at a glance.

MustafaMc
04-10-2013, 02:10 AM
What I took from the passage was the futility of pusuing after the dunya. What did it mean to you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
04-10-2013, 02:18 AM
I would agree with you if the "eat with a ruler" part weren't in it. But it's of no consequence. Let's wait and see if someone else posts.

Independent
04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
My favourite line is 'Let there be no compulsion in religion'.

As in the Bible, there are many lines in the Qur'an which, taken in isolation, can lead people to justify undesirable actions. So the value of this clear, short, unequivocal statement is huge and you see it quoted everywhere.

IAmZamzam
04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
You're not a Christian, though. Like I said I want to hear from them.

But I'm glad to see you notice that verse anyway. It goes far too unnoticed in post-9/11 culture.

Pygoscelis
04-10-2013, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
My favourite line is 'Let there be no compulsion in religion'.
That is definitely the best line in the Quran, or in pretty much any religious text.

Is there a similar line in the Bible?

Eric H
04-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Greetings and peace be with you IAmZamzam;

"Whosoever intercedes for a good cause will have the reward thereof, and whosoever intercedes for an evil cause will have a share in its burden. And Allah is Ever All-Able to do (and also an All-Witness to) everything. When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things. Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Surely, He will gather you together on the Day of Resurrection about which there is no doubt. And who is truer in statement than Allah?" [Al Qur'aan 4: 85-87]

"The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient, and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of the happiness in the Hereafter i.e. Paradise and in this world of a high moral character)". [Al Qur'aan 41:34-35]

"And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh�hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)". [Al Qur'aan 3:159]

In the spirit of seeking a greater interfaith friendship and understanding

Eric

Urban Turban
04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
May Allah save us. Aameen.

------------------------------------------------------
Seek Guidance from the Quran and Hadith only:

Some Muslims I know read the Bible and try to find guidance in it. Is such behavior permissible? Please explain?

Answer 389

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) replied to a similar question by some of his Sahaaba (Radhiallaahu Anhum), 'Do you doubt (in your religion) just as the Christians and Jews doubted in their religion (during the time of their Prophets).'

He (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) further mentioned, 'Even if Musa (Alayhis salaam) was alive today, he would have followed me.' If Musa (Alayhis salaam) would not seek guidance from the Tawraat (old testament) and Eesa (Alayhis salaam) will follow the Qur'aan upon his arrival on earth, how then can one we follow the scriptures of Musa and Eesa (Alayhis salaam). They themselves regard the Qur'aan and Ahaadith as their superguide despite being the direct recipients of revelation of the Tawraat and Injeel. It is not permissible for Muslims to seek any guidance from non-Muslim sources.

The Qur'aan and Ahaadith is their only and best source of guidance and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

“Narrated Jabir Ibn Abdullah :Umar ibn al-Khattab brought to Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) a copy of the Torah and said: ‘Allah’s Messenger, this is a copy of the Torah’.

He (Allah’s Messenger) kept quiet and he (Umar) began to read it. The colour of the face of Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) underwent a change, whereupon AbuBakr said:

“Would that your mother mourn you, don’t you see the face of Allah’s
Messenger?’

Umar saw the face of Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) and said:

‘I seek refuge with Allah from the wrath of Allah and the wrath of His Messenger. Weare well pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion, and with Muhammad as Prophet’.

Whereupon Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) said : ‘By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, even if Moses were to appear before you and you were to follow him, leaving me aside, you would certainly stray into error; for if (Moses) were alive (now), and he found my prophetical ministry, he would have definitely followed me’.(Sunan ad-Daarimi, Book 1 – Compilation of Chapters in Preface, Hadith 435)

=====================

I'm not sure what ruling is what comparative religion purposes.

Save your imaan.

IAmZamzam
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Urban Turban, you have completely missed the point of this exercise. I was only asking what passage from The Bible these brothers and sisters liked the most. As in the one they thought was the niftiest or the wisest or the most memorable (in a good way). Like they might in a 100% secular work. Guidance doesn't have anything to do with it.

Urban Turban
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Urban Turban, you have completely missed the point of this exercise. I was only asking what passage from The Bible these brothers and sisters liked the most. As in the one they thought was the niftiest or the wisest or the most memorable (in a good way). Like they might in a 100% secular work. Guidance doesn't have anything to do with it.
Are you being sarcastic?

If yes, don't play with the religion.
If not, I'm sorry.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade Hadrath Umar (ra) to even read the Torah.

Period.

IAmZamzam
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Brother, I'm getting a little tired of dealing with you and your intolerant attitudes. I know that you mean well but you're really not doing us any favors. I'm not going to let you derail the thread so I shall just have to ignore your post.

Pygoscelis
04-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Here is one from the Bible that any Muslim supporter of Palestinians should be able to get behind. And that we should ALL be able to get behind.

Exodus 23:9: Thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Eric H
04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
"Every son of Adam is a sinner, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Yet, He is the Most Merciful and the Most Clement. In the words of Allah the Most High, "Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped." (Az-Zumar, 39:53-54)

al-Ghafoor: The most Forgiving
This name occurs in the Qur’an more than seventy times. There are other names from the same root, such as Ghafir and Ghaffar. The meaning of the “ghafara” is to cover, to hide and from it comes the meaning “to excuse”, “to pardon”, “to remit” and “to forgive”. Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala does all these things. In the Qur’an, it is mentioned that Allah does not forgive shirk (without repentance) but He may forgive every other sin for whomsoever He wills. (al-Nisa’ 4:116) We must turn to Allah to seek His forgiveness.

al-’Afuw: This is another aspect of forgiveness
This name occurs in the Qur’an five times. Literally the word ‘Afw means “to release” “to heal”, “to restore”, “to remit”. Thus in relation to Allah it means “to release us from the burden of punishment due to our sins and mistakes”, “to restore our honor after we have dishonored ourselves by committing sins and making mistakes.” Sometimes in the Qur’an both names: ‘Afuw and Ghafoor come together.

al-Tawwab: The Acceptor of repentance
This name of Allah is mentioned in the Qur’an about 11 times. Allah accepts the repentance of those who sincerely repent and turn to him. The word “tawwab” gives the sense of “oft-returning” which means that Allah again and again accepts the repentance. We make sins and mistakes then we repent, He accepts our repentance. Then again we commit sins and make mistakes and when we repent, He again very kindly accept us and gives us another chance.

al-Haleem: The Clement
This name is mentioned fifteen times in the Qur’an. This means that Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala is not quick to judgment. He gives time. He forebears and is patient to see His servant to return to Him.

al-Rahman and al-Rahim: The most Merciful and Compassionate
These names are the most frequently mentioned in the Qur’an. Al-Rahman is mentioned 57 times and al-Raheem is mentioned 115 times. al-Rahman indicates that Allah’s mercy is abundant and plenty and al-Raheem indicates that this is always the case with Allah. He is full of love and mercy and He is ever Merciful.

The Qur’an teaches that Allah is a Judge and He also punishes, but Allah is not bound to punish. The justice of Allah, according to Qur’an is that Allah does not and will not inflict undue punishment on any person. He will not ignore the good of any person. But if He wishes to forgive any sinner, He has full freedom to do that. His mercy is unlimited and His love is infinite.

There are many verses in the Qur’an and sayings of the Prophet -peace be upon him- on the love, mercy and forgiveness of Allah. In one of the prayers that the Prophet taught, he said, “O Allah, You are most Forgiving One, You love to forgive, so forgive me.” . We need Allah’s mercy and forgiveness all the time. It is wrong to assume at any time that one will find eternal salvation without the forgiveness of Allah.

Human Forgiveness in Islam:
Just as it is important to believe in the mercy and forgiveness of Allah, it is also necessary to base human relations on forgiveness. We cannot expect Allah’s forgiveness unless we also forgive those who do wrong to us. Forgiving each other, even forgiving one’s enemies is one of the most important Islamic teaching. In the Qur’an Allah has described the Believers as “those who avoid major sins and acts of indecencies and when they are angry they forgive.” (42:37) Later in the same Sûrah Allah says, “The reward of the evil is the evil thereof, but whosoever forgives and makes amends, his reward is upon Allah.” (al-Shura 42:40) In another place the Qur’an says, “If you punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith you were afflicted. But if you endure patiently, indeed it is better for the patient. Endure you patiently. Your patience is not except through the help of Allah." (16:126-127)

Eric

MustafaMc
04-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Peaceful greetings upon you, Eric H, that was an amazing post. I assume that you composed that by yourself as I did not see a reference. This is certainly an aspect of Allah (swt) that is dear to me and a personal expression of the Most Gracious, Most Merciful that is very important to my understanding of Islam.

جوري
04-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I love ayas where :Allah::swt: comforts and solaces from fear.

Ta-Ha[20:46]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Qala la takhafa innanee maAAakuma asmaAAu waara
20:46 He said: "Fear not: for I am with you: I hear and see (everything).

At-Tur (The Mount) [52:48]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Waisbir lihukmi rabbika fainnaka biaAAyunina wasabbih bihamdi rabbika heena taqoomu
52:48 Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of thy Lord the while thou standest forth,

Yunus [10:62]

[RECITE]

Ala inna awliyaa Allahi la khawfun AAalayhim wala hum yahzanoona
10:62 Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve;

of course in Arabic when recited it sends the entire being into shivers. These are the words of :Allah: how can one go into life with fear with :Allah::swt: by their side

MustafaMc
04-11-2013, 01:06 AM
1. Muslims: what is your favorite passage from The Bible?
2. Christians: what is your favorite passage from The Qur’an?
Assalamu alaikum, sister. Do you have a favorite verse or passage from the Bible? In addition to the parable of the Prodigal Son, I also like the passage about the Pharisee and the tax collector praying in the temple.

جوري
04-11-2013, 01:22 AM
I like Song of Solomon

3 I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine;
he browses among the lilies.

MustafaMc
04-11-2013, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine;
he browses among the lilies.
I am not as familiar with the OT. Is your take on this SoS 2:16 part of a human love story, or is it symbolic?

جوري
04-11-2013, 01:46 AM
I don't think in the 'OT' it's meant as love between two humans but I take it as such.

Eric H
04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Greetings and peace be with you MustafaMc;

Peaceful greetings upon you, Eric H, that was an amazing post. I assume that you composed that by yourself as I did not see a reference. This is certainly an aspect of Allah (swt) that is dear to me and a personal expression of the Most Gracious, Most Merciful that is very important to my understanding of Islam.
I can only take the credit for copying and pasting the article from this forum, sadly references do not have a great meaning to me, just the text, so I am not sure of its origin. You guys post some good stuff on this forum, keep up the good work.

In the spirit of striving towards a greater interfaith friendship and understanding,

Eric

Eric H
04-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Poted by osman on this forum

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Shall I inform you of the best morals of this world and the hereafter?

They are to forgive he who oppresses you, to make a bond with he who severs from you, to be kind to he who insults you, and to give to he who deprives you.

6. The Prophet said: 'Blessed is he who preoccupies himself with his own defects, rather than those of others.'
(Musnad Al-Bazzâr)
posted by Alpha Dude on this forum,

Husn al-Dhann (Arabic: حسن الظن) is a very beautiful Islamic teaching. It means in other words:

* Avoiding suspicion as much as humanly possible
* Giving the benefit of the doubt.
* Thinking good and positively, despite what it might look/sound/feel like.
* Not jumping to conclusions, or making assumptions.

If we treat our brothers & sisters as we would love to be treated, and also practice the principle of Husn al-Dhann; we will lead a better life and have less misunderstandings.
There is a saying about thinking of seventy-somethin' excuses for our brothers & sisters before even beginning to judge them.
In the spirit of journeying together

Eric

Futuwwa
04-12-2013, 06:06 AM
"If you only love those who love you, do you expect to be rewarded for that? Do not the heathens do that as well?"

-Jesus, Gospel of Matthew 5:46

Eric H
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.

The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.

Blessings

Eric

faithandpeace
04-16-2013, 03:07 AM
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might" (Deuteronomy 6:5).

Amigo
04-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Surat Al-Baqarah [verses 30-34]

Naeema
04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the birds of the air came and devoured it up. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. And some fell among thorns, the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on good ground, did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, some an hundred. He said unto them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear. (The parable of the sower, Mark 4:3-9)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
04-18-2013, 06:26 AM
To IAmZamzam: What the respected brother, "Urban Turban" has mentioned is correct; he had also provided the Fatwaa given by Mufti Ebrahim Desai regarding the issue.

He has not missed the point of this thread in the least. Do you think Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab (Radhiyallaahu `Anhu) was reading the Towraah for the purpose of obtaining guidance? Yet, he was prevented from doing so. Present the reason for this from the authentic Kutub of Hadeeth, that too in the original Arabic text, not a translation. Can you do this? As a layman, such an endeavour is quite beyond you. By what right, then, have you rejected the Fatwaa issued by Mufti Ebrahim Desai? Is it your wish to follow Islaam or to follow a Deen of your own making? Perhaps you would like what some people nowadays term, "an Opera Winfrey Religion".

Also, I request you to explain what you meant by your statement, "No offensive or provocative passages are to be listed". So if an Aayah of the Qur'aan is seen as "offensive" or "provocative" by the Kuffaar, it should not be recited? It should not be quoted? It should not be taught? We should (Wal `Iyaadhu Billaahi Ta`aalaa) remove it from the Qur'aan Kareem, as well as all other Aayaat the likes of it until we have a Qur'aan which is "unoffensive" and "non-provocative" in the eyes of the Kuffaar and Munaafiqeen? I must be quite honest with you, and my reason for writing this is not to unnecessarily attack you, but to speak the Haqq. What you are trying to do is to extinguish the "Noor" of Allaah Ta`aalaa; an attempt at which you will fail miserably. This is because Allaah Rabbul `Izzah had already promised in the Qur'aan Kareem:

"Yureedoona li-Yutfi'oo Noorallaahi bi-Afwaahihim, Wallaahu Mutimmu Noorihee wa-low Karihal Kaafiroon." {Soorat-us-Saff}

(Translation: They desire to put out the Noor of Allaah with their mouths, but Allaah will perfect His Noor, even if the Kaafirs detest it."

The advice given to you by the brother, "Urban Turban" (May Allaah reward him), was honest advice by which he intended only benefit for you. If you disregard it, and you disregard what I am telling you now, you will definitely come to regret it. Remember that the Deen of Allaah Ta`aalaa is not what you want it to be; never will this be the case. Read the lives of the Sahaabah-e-Kiraam (Ridhwaanullaahi `Alayhim Ajma`een) and you will see the practical explanation of the Qur'aan and of the Sunnah. Take knowledge from the `Ulamaa-e-Haqq, and not from your Nafs and Shaytaan.

Was-Salaam.

Eric H
04-18-2013, 07:48 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Huzaifah;

I like this thread started by IamZamzam, it was also aimed at non- Muslims too, he asked us to quote any Islamic message that had meaning for us. He also asked that we should not use each others scriptures in a negative way.
A number of Muslims here were brought up as Christians, so they will already know Christian scripture. I would just ask that you might not be so hard on your brothers and sisters here. I have a great respect for my Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum, and learned much from them.

We are all created by the same God, and the same God hears all our prayers despite our differences.

In the spirit of striving towards a greater interfaith friendship and understanding,

Eric

IAmZamzam
04-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Eric, don't bother: he's going to screen out every word of that as more of our "politically correct" drivel, I'm sure. I know his type too well. It's amazing how you can draw out the most black-and-white, intolerant, ultraconservative nonsense sometimes over the pettiest, most ridiculous, inconsequential things. Huzaifah, I'm not letting you derail the thread either. Anyone can say anything they want: they'll never draw me into an argument. If it's not an answer to my survey I'm not interested.

MustafaMc
04-20-2013, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I like this thread started by IamZamzam, it was also aimed at non- Muslims too, he asked us to quote any Islamic message that had meaning for us. He also asked that we should not use each others scriptures in a negative way.
A number of Muslims here were brought up as Christians, so they will already know Christian scripture.
Eric H, my friend, you are exactly correct. I grew up as a Christian and I remember much of the Bible. I still have the New International Version (with much underlining) that I had in college 30 years ago. I read the NT again after I decided to practice Islam nearly 12 years ago; however, from the perspective of my Islamic faith. This time I did not read it with the intention of seeking guidance, but rather to see what was and was not in agreement with my understanding of Islam. Some things stood out to me that I had not noticed before as a Christian, for example Hebrews 7:1-3, Acts 1:21-22, Acts 3:13 and Galatians 1:11-12. Just today I was thinking about the Biblical story of Job.

GodIsAll
05-09-2013, 02:41 PM
I have always found the Book of Job ... disturbing.

IAmZamzam
05-09-2013, 03:00 PM
I request that you stick to the topic, GodIsAll. This isn't the place for textual analysis. It would derail us for thirteen pages and there would be no hope of return.

Berries'forest
05-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I like these :) :

Matthew 7:7,8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 7:1–5 (NKJV) (Also Luke 6:37–42):Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
KJV: But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Matthew 6:24: No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

I also like the prayer of serenity:

God, give me grace to accept with serenitythe things that cannot be changed,Courage to change the thingswhich should be changed,and the Wisdom to distinguishthe one from the other.Living one day at a time,Enjoying one moment at a time,Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,Taking, as Jesus did,This sinful world as it is,Not as I would have it,Trusting that You will make all things right,If I surrender to Your will,So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,And supremely happy with You forever in the next.Amen.

GodIsAll
05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Fair enough! I am bad for doing this. Duly noted!

Eric H
05-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Greetings and peace be with you IAmZamzam;

I like these posted here by Muhammad some time ago

Ibn Abi’l-Dunya narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet said: “The most beloved of people to Allaah is the one who brings most benefit to people, and the most beloved of deeds to Allaah is making a Muslim happy, or relieving him of hardship, or paying off his debt, or warding off hunger from him. For me to go with my Muslim brother to meet his need is dearer to me than observing i’tikaaf in this mosque – meaning the mosque of Madeenah – for a month… whoever goes with his Muslim brother to meet his need, Allaah will make him stand firm on the Day when all feet will slip.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 2623.

The Prophet said : None of you [truly] believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself. [Related by al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Camilla
05-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Hmm, I grew up in a predominantly Christian household and attended Church services for a very long time,
and various Christian academies for almost a decade.
(I'm agnostic only because Christianity has never quite resonated with me)
Even though I may not be eligible, I thought this verse too good not to share.

‘Turn not your cheek away from people in scorn and pride, and walk not on earth haughtily; for Allah does not love anyone who acts proudly and boastfully. Be modest in your bearing and lower your voice; for the ugliest sound is the donkey’s braying.’
(Luqman 31: 18-19)

glo
05-16-2013, 08:23 AM
(Qur'an 60:7-8): "It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!