/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cheating in school?

anonymous
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Salam to all,
I was on a website called notesolution which is a website for university students to seek previous notes from students, for extra help. While I was looking at one of my classes, I came across an old final exam from 2005. I clicked to see what it was, and it was a 100 multiple choice final exam for the same class I was taking. I found it interesting and printed it out, however, I feel a little bad. The only time I ever cheated was on a midterm 3 years ago since everyone else cheated, but I still have the guilt from 3 years ago, and I doubt it's ever going to leave. I'm trying to make myself feel better because the exam my teacher is giving us is a 200 multiple choice exam, and he emphasized over and over again that he's changed the exam over the last few years, so I feel as though I can use it to test myself once I finish studying for the exam, but if it turns out to be the same one (or maybe he might use some of the questions as there's only 100 in there) I know I'll feel super guilty. I'm trying to ace this class (and I've been doing that so far) to be able to switch into a program that requires a high GPA but I feel as though Allah swt won't bless me if I "cheat" my way through.

Is it considered cheating considering all the circumstances? I need to know whether or not I can use it to test my studying knowledge for the final exam.
Thank you, jazakAllah for those who answer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-12-2013, 03:41 PM
:wa:

In the Universities I attended, past exams are considered to be public record and available to anyone. To serve as a study guide to learn the type of questions to expect. It is the Professor's responsibility to assure that current exams do not duplicate past exams.

As your instructor has stated the upcoming exam is different from any past exams. I do not see why it would be considered cheating to look at past exams for the purpose of learning the instructors testing style. You will not be looking at the questions you are going to be asked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!