Last words of Omar Mukhtar (may ALLAH SWT has mercy on him)
Publication time: 13 April 2013, 16:45
Omar Mukhtar, Emir of the Mujahideen of Libya, headed jihad against Italian invaders in the 1920-1930s. He was 70 years old, when he received a severe wound, and was taken prisoner by the invaders.
A dialogue in an infidels' court in 1931, between the "judge" and Omar Mukhtar:
- Did you fight against the Italian state?
- Did you encourage people to fight against Italy?
- Are you aware of penalty for what you did?
- For how many years did you fight against Italy?
Omar: For 20 years already
- Do you regret of what you have done?
- Do you realize that you will be executed?
The judge remarked:
- It's a dismal end for a man like you.
Hearing these words, Omar Mukhtar replied:
- On the contrary, it is the best way to end my life!
The judge then wanted to acquit him and deport him from the country if he appeals to Mujahideen in a statement to stop the Jihad. Then Omar Mukhtar said his famous words:
- My forefinger that admits in every prayer that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah cannot write a word of falsehood, we do not surrender, we win or die!