/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would it make sense for a Jew or a Christian to view Prophet Muhammad as a good Teach

truthseeker63
04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is would it make sense for a Jew or a Christian or any other Non Muslim to view Prophet Muhammad as a good Teacher but not as a Prophet and a Messenger of God ? In my view or opinion the answer is no because the Christians I have known believe Prophet Muhammad was a False Prophet a False Teacher and or a Liar therefor how can a False Prophet be a good Teacher or a good Moralist ? I have heard that Jews believe Jesus was a good Teacher or a good Moralist but they reject Jesus as a False Messiah a False Prophet I have met Jews who say they view Prophet Jesus as a False Teacher how can one say these Prophets were false but they had a good Message I thought Prophets were also Teachers to Mankind am I correct the fact is that that Jews can't accept Judaism and reject Jesus as a Prophet a Messenger of God and the Messiah peace and blessings be upon him and call Jesus a good Teacher because Judaism the Teachings and or the Message of Jesus Christ Contradicts Rabbinical Judaism just like Christians can't believe in Christianity in the Trinity and in Jesus as the Son of God God the Son and God and Jesus dying for Mankind's sins because Christianity Contradicts what Prophet Muhammad taught his Teachings and his Message and Christianity Contradicts the Quran and the Hadith/Hadiths therefor if Jews and Christians really believe in and respect and love the Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him they would want and should convert/revert to Islam would anyone agree thank you ?

Muhammad, the Messenger of
God

(... -9 AH / 570-632 CE).

Muslims believe that Islam completes the revelation of
God’s final message to man through the Prophet Muhammad Praise Be Unto Him
(PBUH) and the Holy Qur’an. For Muslims, God began His message with Judaism and
Christianity, and Islam is the capstone of the monotheistic tradition. The
Prophet’s name means "the praised one" or "he who is glorified" and
traditionally every mention of the Prophet by name is followed by one of several
invocations. Usually it is sufficient to say ‘alayhis-salam’ or ‘Peace be
upon him’ (PBUH). The Prophet is a descendant of the Prophets Ibrahim (Abraham)
and Ismail (Ishmael). His father was Abdullah, the son of Abdel Mutalib and the
grandson of Hashem who was the founder of the Hashemite clan.

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/prophet_muhammad.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Greetings and peace be with you truthseeker63;

I cannot talk for other Christians, but I have found many helpful texts from the Quran, they have helped me to understand my Christian faith in a more profound way.

God chooses whom he wills, and I still do not understand how the God who hears all our prayers, chooses different paths for us. My prayers are that we might journey together through our diversity.

Blessings and peace be with you

Eric

truthseeker63
04-15-2013, 07:35 AM
The Khilafat ensured security of the lives and property of non-Muslims under the dhimmi system.

This status was originally only made available to non-Muslims who were "People of the Book" (Christians, Jews, and Sabians), but was later extended to include Zoroastrians, Sikhs, Hindus, Mandeans (Sabians) and Buddhists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_pluralism

truthseeker63
04-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Religions Contradict Each Other.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't see any problem. People say the same thing about Jesus all the time. In fact it's kind of a cliche: "I believe he was a great man and a great teacher, but nothing more than that." Actually now that I think of it they're not too far from being Muslims, are they? I should bear that in mind for the next time I hear said cliche. I'll tell them, "You do realize that's exactly what Islam has been saying from the beginning, don't you? That he was a prophet--that is to say, he was sent to be a teacher--but no more than that?"

Anyway there is nothing at all odd about respecting someone as a human being but still disagreeing with their viewpoints. Haven't you ever done that before? Personally I find it relieving, because it's not nearly common enough in these highly Islamophobic times.

YusufNoor
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
:sl:

as i have written consistently, and everyone seems to miss, some Jews ABSOLUTELY consider Prophet Muhammad, pbuh, to be a legitimate prophet; just NOT for the Jews! the following are note from Mesorah Publishing's Stone Chumash and their Art Scroll Series 2 part Bereishsis/Genesis:

In chapter 17, Chumash, God is speaking to Abraham about their covenant and promising a son through Sarah, Abraham interrupts God:
v18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before You!” God said, “Nonetheless, your wife Sarah will bear you a son and you shall call his name Isaac…v 20 But regarding Ishmael I have heard you; I have blessed him, will make him fruitful, and will increase him most exceedingly; he will beget twelve princes and I will make him into a great nation…”

Part of the notes for this verse read: “We see from the prophecy in this verse, that 2337 years elapsed before the Arabs, Ishmael’s descendants, became a great nation [with the rise of Islam in the 7th Century C.E.]…Throughout this period, Ishmael hoped anxiously, until the promise was fulfilled and they dominated the world. We the descendants of Isaac, for whom the fulfillment of the promises made to us is delayed due to our sins…should surely anticipate the fulfillment of God’s promises and not despair” (R’ Bachya citing R’ Chananel).

Bereishsis/ Genesis adds: R’ Bachya cites R’ Chananel’s comment on this verse: We see from this prophecy [in the year 2047 from Creation, when Abraham was ninety-nine], 2337 years elapsed before the Arabs, Ishmael’s descendants, became a great nation. [This would correspond to 624 C.E, two years after the H(ijra)!…]

i also have a lecture series in which the Jewish Professor makes that the claim that Islam adheres so closely to the Torah and the Decalogue that it has inspired a whole new curriculum amongst some Jewish scholars. i have yet to contact him for more information on this.

ma salaama

IbnAbdulHakim
04-15-2013, 08:32 PM
god doesnt choose different paths for us.

only one path is the truth and the rest are manifestations of satans misguidance.

truthseeker63
04-15-2013, 09:45 PM
I agree with you all.

truthseeker63
04-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Good posts.

truthseeker63
04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Do Christians and Muslims believe in the same Jesus ?

IAmZamzam
04-15-2013, 11:59 PM
It depends on what you mean by that, truthseeker. I fear it may be more a question of semantics than anything else. In theory we do. Perhaps the best way to explain it is with the word "Messiah". They've gone and completely redefined that as well, to the point where the term has been burnt beyond recognition--so much so, in fact, that you always have to stop and explain what you mean, every single time you ever end up identifying Jesus as the Christ. So do we both believe in the concept of the Messiah? Well, yes and no. And I imagine that a Jew would have just as much trouble answering that as we do. One thing I can tell you is that in my experience Christians would often be much quicker than Muslims to say "no" when asked if we all believe in Jesus, or even if we believe in the same God. That's what centering your religion around the deification of a mere human being does to you. If anyone ever dares not idolize him as well then they obviously aren't believers in him. How could they be? But again, semantics. We believe different things about Jesus. Believing "in" the same person...well, that's just a matter of words.

Hulk
04-16-2013, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
I believe he was a great man and a great teacher, but nothing more than that." Actually now that I think of it they're not too far from being Muslims, are they? I should bear that in mind for the next time I hear said cliche. I'll tell them, "You do realize that's exactly what Islam has been saying from the beginning, don't you? That he was a prophet--that is to say, he was sent to be a teacher--but no more than that?"
To be precise he(pbuh) was not merely a teacher as he was also a Messenger. The ones that believe that he was merely a teacher are jews. Such a view is wrong as his status is higher than that of a mere teacher, and the other view that glorifies him beyond his proper status is also wrong. The middle, neither too low nor too high is the correct place for Prophet Isa(pbuh).

Regarding the original post, there are verses in the Quran where the muslims are addressed "O you who believe", then there are verses where mankind is addressed "O mankind". For example

"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted." Sura Hujurat Verse 13

SubhanAllah!

glo
04-16-2013, 06:23 AM
I echo what Eric said.
I find much wisdom in the Qu'ran and in Muhammad's teachings, even if I am not a Muslim.

As others said, people from all religions and none find wisdom and comfort in the teachings of Jesus and Muhammad (and other wise and good prophets and leaders). Godliness simply shines through. :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!