PDA

View Full Version : Critical Thinking

abo mussaab
04-15-2013, 07:10 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Greetings and peace be with you abo mussaab;

Thanks for sharing, my initial thoughts were that the video ignores God, because God chooses whom he wills, God seems to give us a fixed world view through our religion.

But the aim of critical thinking seems to draw us to a profound conclusion of living together, needing answers for our collective future. If we were to think critically, does our religion lead us to live collectively together with people who believe the same as us, or can we live collectively with all people?

I guess the bottom line might be peace on Earth with justice for all people, the poor, marginalised, refugees and the starving regardless of beliefs.

I have watched a couple of the other videos linked to the critical thinking one above, and they are very anti religious. In theory critical thinking should lead everyone to the same kind of conclusion, I sense these have another agenda apart from getting on together.

Blessings

Eric

NjmYqlb
04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
From a youtube comment.

This is a good video on critical thinking, but I fear you may be overlooking something very important: Truth. Whatever is true does not depend on how you reach a truth value on it. Furthermore, even a very wise man using critical thinking skills can reach the wrong conclusion.
Only God has the truth, Critical thinking should be good for anything else other than what has already been taught by God.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!