/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Television and Digital Images

Huzaifah ibn Adam
04-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

Alhamdulillaah, was Salaatu was Salaamu `alaa Rasoolillaah, wa `alaa Aalihee wa Sahbihee wa manit Taba`a Hudaah, ammaa ba`d:

Recently a member on this forum opened a thread inquiring as to whether it is permissible for Muslims to post pictures of themselves of Social Media Networks.
I would have posted this in that particular thread, but the staff require that the person belong to the "Brothers' Section" in order to do so, and for that one requires two-hundred posts. Hence, I post it in this thread so that that particular member and all others may benefit.

The Shar`i Hukm regarding all pictures and videos of animate objects, regardless of the method by which they are made, whether it is by hand or by camera, is that they are absolutely Haraam. Do not be bamboozled by any person, even if he may claim to be an `Aalim, who tells you that such pictures and videos are permissible in Islaam. They may be permissible in some Baatil Deen of Iblees, but they are definitely not Jaa'iz in the Deen of Rasoolullaah (Sallallaahu `Alayhi wa Sallam).

Recently, a very great `Aalim from South Africa, "Mufti Emraan Vawda", who is both an `Aalim and a lawyer, wrote a detailed Kitaab on this subject wherein he clarifies the position of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa`ah and refutes the misconceptions of the deviants.

This Kitaab of his may be found here:

http : // www . freeuploadsite.com/do.php?id=9128

It is titled, "Television and Digital Images - In Response to the Mufti's Invitation".

I encourage all the Muslims here to read it and educate themselves on the correct Shar`i ruling.

Baarakallaahu Feekum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
04-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Note: Remove the spaces within the link in order to view it.

I understand that the staff here do not want the sharing of links initially, as a precautionary measure. If it were to be allowed, members might get away with any kind of filth. However, this case is different. What I have posted is a Kitaab of Deen, and an essential read for the Muslims of today's time. Therefore, I hope the moderators understand the necessity for me posting a link in this thread. As I am, Alhamdulillaah, a Taalib-ul-`Ilm, there is no need for the staff here to worry about the posting of anything Haraam/obscene/illegal from my part, Inshaa'Allaahu Ta`aalaa.

Was-Salaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!