/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deadly explosions hit US city of Boston

جوري
04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Deadly explosions hit US city of Boston
Simultaneous blasts leave at least two people dead and more than 80 injured as runners cross marathon finishing line.

Security has been stepped up around the US after twin blasts near the finishing line of the Boston Marathon left two people dead and at least 80 injured, six critically.
A White House official said the explosions occurred just before 3pm on Monday and would be handled as an "act of terror".
Police officials said mobile phone service have been shut down in the Boston area to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives.
A witness describes the aftermath

A fire at the John F Kennedy Presidential Library also took place several miles away more than an hour later. However, Ed Davis, the Boston police commissioner, said investigators had not linked the fire to the blasts.
A senior US intelligence official said two more explosive devices had been found near the scene of the explosions and were being dismantled.

Davis said that powerful devises caused the blasts. "We are questioning many people but there is no suspect in custody," he said.
Barack Obama, the US president, vowed to hold accountable whoever carried out the blasts and said he had directed his administration to increase security around the country.
The White House was cordoned off with tape after news of the explosions broke.
Loud explosion
The blasts happened about three hours after the winners crossed the line as thousands of runners finished the 117th running of the Boston Marathon, with crowds watching and cheering at the finish.
There was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the bridge that marks the finish line.
Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.
Smoke rose from the blasts, fluttering through the national flags lining the route.
A Rhode Island state police officer, who was running in the event, said he saw at least two dozen people with very serious injuries, including missing limbs.
Many of the Injured spectators were carried to a medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.
The stragglers in the 40km trek were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts, as a Massachusetts General Hospital spokesperson said it had four patients from the incident under evaluation and was expecting more.
Several competitors and race organisers were crying as they fled the chaos.
"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose running number 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter.
Laura McLean, a runner from Toronto, Canada, said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.
"There are people who are really, really bloody," McLean said. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."
Runners who had not finished the race were diverted straight down Commonwealth Avenue and into a family meeting area, according to an emergency plan that had been in place. The race was later abandoned

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americ...144419266.html

Hope all our bros and srs in Boston are OK :ia: anyone living there knows the latest?
Are they gonna blame it on Muslims? They're already talking about that before any investigation and this is the Arabic source I hazard go into CNN or BBC

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
:sl:

Not all of the Media are looking for an Islamic Source. Today is a Massachusetts State holiday "Patriot's day" and because of the Boston Marathon it has caught the attention of some home grown militant anti-government activists/

Slate notes the Patriot's Day connection, reporting that other major attacks occurred on or around the holiday, including the Columbine School shooting (1999), the Oklahoma City bombing (1995), and the Waco assault (1993). In fact, Waco inspired anti-government activists to hold their own darker version of Patriot's Day.

SOURCE

جوري
04-16-2013, 01:16 AM
but they're already questioning a Saudi
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...boston-attack/

I think I'll just turn off the news and wait it is too much to watch and too much to hear and too much to take!

Iceee
04-16-2013, 02:58 AM
It's too quickly to make assumptions on who did it and stuff.

What confuses me is that the parents of the victims in the Sandy Hook Shooting were in Boston and watching the marathon, this must be the most e4motional things happening to them. Their children, now 3 more victims, and they feel unsafe and insecure wherever they happen to go. Devastating.

Inna Lillah He Wa Inna Illay He Rajioon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
04-16-2013, 03:07 AM
The world is an ugly unsafe place all over.. I think it is strange in the west because people have expectations that their life should run a certain course but reality is in most places people don't know if their 9 year old is going to make it home just going to the bread line and if they don't die of a blast they'll die of starvation since even their bread places are being bombed as well. Just today in Iraq and everyday in Syria.
The world is headed for a WWIII and yes like the sister whose SN I don't now recall life is short and full of blisters.. I had a friend who grew up in Lebanon during the war time every day a bomb drops one of her parents would lie on top of her as she was their only child and was had after much difficulty with fertility problems.. Everyone's children and life is dear to them.

:w:

Iceee
04-16-2013, 03:14 AM
IMO: We live in a seriously screwed up world.

جوري
04-16-2013, 03:21 AM
I think it was always this ugly and this harsh but without indoor plumbing lol :D
just seems romantic when we look back because we know the worst of it and people got through it or died through it.. we're only afraid because we don't know.. not knowing is frightening .. but there's nothing to fear when one is with :Allah::swt:

Iceee
04-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Maybe that is the problem, especially in Boston, a giant and wonderfully city in America.
Religion is forgotten.

Maybe it's just me but putting religion back into people's mind would help overshadow the sadness and accept the fact that this was destiny for this to happen. We will see our loved ones in Jannah inshallah.
But because religion is forgotten, we think we'll never see that loved one again.

Also, avoid making jokes on a thread like this one. Some people Muslim or non-muslim may feel offended.

islamica
04-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Saw this on FB

Iceee
04-16-2013, 04:01 AM
It's because bombings in the Middle East have become so frequent with death occurring numerous times everyday that we don't seem to care to what has become so common. In the U.S, or in North America in General, we rarely get bombed and it is devastating because it rarely ever happens.

CosmicPathos
04-16-2013, 05:38 AM
I dont understand the mass hysteria of people.

One Muslim on my fb became so senti that he wrote his status as [brackets are mine]
Our great city [city which allows gay parades?], our source of pride [you take pride in homos?], our heart of hearts [ya right] bleeds today while our shock turns to numbness and our home turns to our heartache [do you have a heart?]. But as we shed tears, that shock will pass, our nerves will return, and with it, Boston will beat brighter and louder than we have ever known and we will only think of home with fondness and love. I refuse to believe anything less [and i refuse to believe you].

Why does not he talk like that for Muslims maimed in Muslim countries?

Tyrion
04-16-2013, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
Hope all our bros and srs in Boston are OK
Yes, both Muslim and Non-Muslim.

glo
04-16-2013, 06:24 AM
Prayers to all in Boston and to everybody who is affected by this. :cry:

glo
04-16-2013, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
Saw this on FB

Forgive me, but that a very simplistic statement.
NOBODY cares about people dying in the Middle East? Really now??

I know many people who care for ALL people who suffer injustice and hurt and discrimination and hatred - whatever their colour, religion or ethnicity.

I wish people wouldn't spread this "Everybody hates us and nobody cares about us" propaganda. It's firstly untrue and secondly simply feeds that untruth.

So for the record, I care that people blow each other up and kill each other, whoever they are and wherever they are.
I wish and pray and strive for a world where people accept each other and live in harmony together.
I pray for people in Boston.
I pray for people in the Middle East.
I pray for people everywhere.

islamica
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Ramadan90
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
:wa:

This is very sad, but what is more sad is that the thousands of people killed in middle east dont get as much media coverage as this.

My condolences are with the family, both muslims and non-muslims. I cant imagine how it feels to lose a loved one.

Futuwwa
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
You presume much.

And even if he doesn't, so?

Iceee
04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
One Muslim on my fb became so senti that he wrote his status as [brackets are mine]
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
And even if he doesn't, so?
Cosmic is assuming that his friend who is Muslim should be much more devastated about the events going on in the Middle East which is a primarily Muslim area rather than a city of...
Our great city [city which allows gay parades?], our source of pride [you take pride in homos?], our heart of hearts [ya right] bleeds today while our shock turns to numbness and our home turns to our heartache [do you have a heart?]. But as we shed tears, that shock will pass, our nerves will return, and with it, Boston will beat brighter and louder than we have ever known and we will only think of home with fondness and love. I refuse to believe anything less [and i refuse to believe you].

جوري
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Let me steer this thread back to course as it is getting out of hand.
This is about the vilification of Muslims in the media- Red neck terrorists for instance who bomb temples killing sikhs while mistaking them for Muslims don't get an honorable mention in any terrorist event only the reference to 911 with the foregone conclusion that Muslims flew their invisible planes into the pentagon or are behind any attack, when there's a zillion attacks that don't get any mention whatsoever.
It is to create a state of panic and constant state of hatred toward Muslims as evinced by the Saudi guy who was captured merely for being Muslim looking even though he himself was injured in the attack.
So please spare me the smarmy sympathies- an attack occurred the same day in Iraq with a ton more death and I didn't see the wailers and moaners with the outpouring of outrage & sympathies. In fact you've attacks happening right here in the U.S for instance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese
38 people saw a woman stabbed and raped and did nothing your intense sentiments are rather lost and let's not take every thread to showcase just how human & altruistic you're, I personally don't care how you feel and no one is taking notes- maybe you'll get your pulitizer or Nobel out of it but I hardly think IB is the medium to get said recognition!

best,

Futuwwa
04-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Is there some moral law stating that you are not allowed to express outrage over a specific crime without also committing equal effort to express outrage over every other instance of that same crime being committed anywhere in the world?

جوري
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
No such moral law exists as far as I am conerned, it isn't what this thread is about- I personally don't care for the ostentatious display of emotions least of which when the same crowd shows none for far worse events going on. It is simply not what the thread is about. If you wish to express your condolences do it directly or amongst yourselves!

best,

glo
04-16-2013, 05:26 PM
I heard that the officials and the mainstream media in the US have been very careful to say that motive and culprits are not yet known. Is that correct?

جوري
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Not correct where I am living!

best,

جوري
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
FOX News guys did it again. This time, with one of its contributors, Erik Rush, tweeting in response to the Boston attack that, “[Muslims] are evil and we should kill them all.” And Fox news and its affiliates are trying to blame Muslims, since one of the victims is a Saudi, Sister Norah, who is NOT in custody.
It was just last week when we reported Fox News' role in the attacks on mosques. When asked by Judge Jack Zouhary why he targeted the Islamic Center, Randolph Linn, the arsonist, said he was spurred to action by what he read in newspapers, heard on the radio and on FOX News. The Mosque suffered $1.5 million in damages and had to be closed down.
The Muslim community in the United States and abroad began issuing their condolences and condemnations of the Boston incident within hours of receiving news reports about the attack. However, these statements of sincerity and sadness receive little to no attention in the majority of media outlets, specially the Radio and the TV.
Omitting Muslim statements of condemnation directly leads to Islamophobia, translating into deadly hate – attacks on Masjids and Islamic centers, Islamic schools, and anyone who “looks Muslim”.
In contrast, last night, Radio Islam provided Muslim reaction on the bombing. These expressions of sorrow and condemnation reached at least 60,000 listeners, thanks to our nightly program, the nation’s only daily Radio Islam.
Such is the power of having our own media, our own voice, to speak in a timely manner with authenticity and effectiveness, about issues we care about and that affect us not just as Muslims, but as part of the wider community we live in.

glo
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't know if it is right or wrong to think this way, or if it should even matter (a lost life is a lost life ...), but I find myself hoping that this atrocity was not carried out by Muslims. That it was some other group, some other cause.
It would cause so much damage to all the efforts across the world to overcome Islamophobia ...

Is it wrong to think that way? :phew

Tyrion
04-16-2013, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I heard that the officials and the mainstream media in the US have been very careful to say that motive and culprits are not yet known. Is that correct?
Seems to be true from what I've seen. The farthest I've seen it go is referring to whoever did it as a terrorist, which seems to be an accurate description given what we know.

glo
04-16-2013, 05:52 PM
American Muslim organizations are condemning the Boston Marathon bombings and urging Americans of all faiths to join them in praying for the victims and their families.
http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/201...thon-bombings/

جوري
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
It would cause so much damage to all the efforts across the world to overcome Islamophobia
Muslims or not so long as the initial reaction is to fuel hatred against Muslims (kill all those Muslims per tweet) but no condemnation there it is A OK- meanwhile droning men for 'thought crimes' without trials is normal and encouraged. To me it doesn't matter what your hope is, what I see is what I see and speaks volumes about the state of affairs and the hypocrisy of the west.. and of course the cowardice of their poodles!

best,

Independent
04-16-2013, 06:15 PM
This is about the vilification of Muslims in the media
I just searched the Fox website for anything of what you describe and i can't find a single accusation against Muslims.

FOX News guys did it again. This time, with one of its contributors, Erik Rush, tweeting in response to the Boston attack that, “[Muslims] are evil and we should kill them all.”
Firstly, this is a personal tweet, not a report on the Fox website, and people are always being caught for saying dumb things in tweets. Secondly, he may not have meant it the way it sounds in isolation, he says he was being ironic:
http://bossip.com/759082/hi-hater-fo...l-the-muslims/
---

Muslims or not so long as the initial reaction is to fuel hatred against Muslims
Obama has gone out of his way to avoid accusing Muslims and the weight of speculation is plainly behind a patriot-style right wing attacker right now (in the absence of more information). ---

Futuwwa
04-16-2013, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
Read what I said. I'm telling you what's on the site now, not yesterday. If something bad was on the site yesterday please tell us, because so far all you've mentioned is one tweet which was someone being sarcastic anyway.
We have no way of knowing whether he indeed was. He might have retroactively come to the realization just how sarcastic he was after getting second thoughts.

Independent
04-16-2013, 07:11 PM
We have no way of knowing whether he indeed was. He might have retroactively come to the realization just how sarcastic he was after getting second thoughts.
That's what he says in the link i posted above - I agree we can't really know one way or the other what was in his head. I think it was a dumb tweet either way, you have to be a little more careful than that if you're in the public eye.

Jedi_Mindset
04-16-2013, 07:42 PM
why was there a drill before this event took place? History has the same patterns, look at 9/11, 7/7, madrid bombings, supposedly carried out by muslims, US and NATO we will never trust your lies ever again. The first ones who got arrested were 3 probably innocent saudi's.

Good job USA, the government has instilled fear in you again. And which country is obama going to send his drones to now?

The government could try to frame more domestic groups though, to justify security guards on streets and to ban more arms.

I think the ones who have their eyes open are a step ahead now.

MustafaMc
04-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I know many people who care for ALL people who suffer injustice and hurt and discrimination and hatred - whatever their colour, religion or ethnicity.
What you wrote reminded me of a FB friend of mine. I agree with you that there are many who care for others outside their particular 'group' but still within the larger group of humanity. We should all care about the oppression and suffering of others.

MustafaMc
04-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Are they gonna blame it on Muslims? They're already talking about that before any investigation and this is the Arabic source I hazard go into CNN or BBC
I believe that we can now automatically expect this reaction to events like this, but the question is how do we as Muslims respond.

جوري
04-16-2013, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I believe that we can now automatically expect this reaction to events like this, but the question is how do we as Muslims respond.
For what it is worth, I don't think it matters at all or makes any sort of impact how we react, there's no media focus on our reaction which was already expressed by an outpouring of condolences per my earlier post; & especially when we have Muslims injured the desire is either for more Muslim casualties or at least guilt by mere presence. You can only expect focus when something derogatory or negative is being expressed by a Muslim toward the events.

Pygoscelis
04-17-2013, 02:10 AM
What you wrote reminded me of a FB friend of mine. I agree with you that there are many who care for others outside their particular 'group' but still within the larger group of humanity. We should all care about the oppression and suffering of others.
Well said!

Enough with the tribal garbage. People are people, and any harmed person is somebody we should all care about. A dead American isn't worth more than a dead Palestinian. A dead Palestinian isn't worth more than a dead Israeli. A dead Christian isn't worth more than a dead Muslim. A dead Muslim isn't worth more than a dead atheist.

Hulk
04-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Narrated 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Laila: Sahl bin Hunaif and Qais bin Sad were sitting in the city of Al-Qadisiya. A funeral procession passed in front of them and they stood up. They were told that funeral procession was of one of the inhabitants of the land i.e. of a non-believer, under the protection of Muslims. They said, "A funeral procession passed in front of the Prophet and he stood up. When he was told that it was the coffin of a jew, he said, "Is it not a living being (soul)?" (Bukhari Book #23, Hadith #399)

Hamida.gp
04-17-2013, 05:29 AM
As I put on my FB page about this senseless and horrible act... "Those responsible could have used those pressure cookers to feed the hungry and homeless..." I dislike the fact that people in this world think they are better than others because they "live better lives" or what have you. I've been all over the world, I've seen slums in the US, people living in a cardboard city in South Africa and I've seen Alexandria and Cairo in an unsanitary state. If people would just take the time to overcome their differences and help their neighbor or someone across the pond from them, the place would be a better place. But that starts with people. It may be a small step but if people were to show others kindness rather than hate, perhaps it would reach to others.

Regardless, I was highly impressed with the selfless people who helped those injured and the thoroughness of how they dealt with this tragedy. If they hadn't done what they did, a lot more people would have died. My prayers to out to the families of all those injured and killed as well as those who helped out since they too will remember the carnage.

glo
04-17-2013, 06:17 AM
I agree, Mustafa.

I came across this article by Farrukh I. Younus, a freelance writer from the UK, which I found very balanced.

It's called "I Feel for Bostonians, Afghans, Syrians, and…" (A Muslim’s Reflection on Boston Marathon Explosions)

God Almighty says in the Qur’an, “Do not allow your dislike of a people lead you to be unjust towards them. Be just, that is closer to piety.”

[...]

Let us not be complacent, so also say a prayer for those who suffer from bombings elsewhere in this world: all human life is precious.

Hulk
04-17-2013, 07:17 AM

Futuwwa
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Does the world cry? It's newsworthy simply because it happens more rarely in the USA, but that doesn't imply that the entire world has started mourning.

Hulk
04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Does the world cry? It's newsworthy simply because it happens more rarely in the USA, but that doesn't imply that the entire world has started mourning.
I think the usage of "the world cries" is not meant to be taken literally. I think the picture is describing those who turn a blind eye to the tragedies happening around the world and yet shed tears when it happens to a place they are familiar with.

Taabuu
04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
According to the Quran, a human life is a human life: “Whoever kills a person…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32).

The bombing in Boston is a tragedy, and everyone should condemn the actions of people who have destroyed the lives of people enjoying themselves watching the marathon.

We feel for all victims of terror, regardless of faith or the colour of their skin.

But judged by the media coverage of the Boston bombing, it is hard not to conclude that western lives are valued much more highly than those of people in Afghanistan, Iraq or the Middle East.

sajjad7006
04-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Cruel people always think that this can only be done by the Muslims. Where they know that Islam is not permitted us to do this type of stuff. All non-Muslims countries targeted Muslims all around the world that's not fair. I don't know what to say about media, who always ignores the murders in all other Muslims countries. :(
We can only pray for our brother's and sisters who martyred in different attacks. Amin

Independent
04-17-2013, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sajjad7006
Cruel people always think that this can only be done by the Muslims
Yet, Obama has gone out of his way to avoid blaming Muslims for this attack and currently the main media speculation is around right wing groups.

format_quote Originally Posted by Taabuu
But judged by the media coverage of the Boston bombing, it is hard not to conclude that western lives are valued much more highly than those of people in Afghanistan, Iraq or the Middle East.
American lives are valued more highly in America. Each country cares more about its own. Is that surprising?

IslamicRevival
04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
This is sad and if it was a false flag attack the aim was probably to pin the blame on North Korea. US has a history of planting bombs in its own territory and we can't ignore that reality.

Like this

Abu.Yusuf
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
A discussion with Deenonline regarding the Boston Bombings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovcrRa5NDWU

جوري
04-17-2013, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
US has a history of planting bombs in its own territory and we can't ignore that reality.
Yup bay of pigs, several coups against chavez completely funded by the U.S and I wouldn't be surprised if they were behind his slow death!
and then they plant their net spies and shills with all sorts of logical fallacies and intimidation & baiting!
I don't think there are any idiots left, just folks sick of all the BS

Pygoscelis
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk

I like this graphic, except that it shows an underlaying Muslimism equal to the Americanism it decries. The world is not split into USA and Islam. There are billions of other people suffering all around the world that are neither American nor Muslim. Change two of those upper bits from "Muslim..." to "African" with a starving child and "Japanese" with the atomic bomb, and you'd have something compelling.

Marwaa
04-17-2013, 01:59 PM
war icauses collateral damage.. may Allah expand peace upon this earth

Futuwwa
04-17-2013, 02:27 PM
What do you think media would be like if it assigned priority to stories solely by death count? Well, here's what: Starvation in African country, civil war in African country, civil war in another African country, people die of AIDS in African country, more starvation in African country... did we mention starvation in African country?

Maybe next time when Western media actually reports on killing of Muslims, you should protest and demand that they stop and instead allocate those content slots on starvation in Africa? ^o)

aamirsaab
04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families of this horrific event. May Allah ease their pain and comfort them in these difficult times.

Mukafi7
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Forgive me, but that a very simplistic statement.
NOBODY cares about people dying in the Middle East? Really now??

I wish people wouldn't spread this "Everybody hates us and nobody cares about us" propaganda. It's firstly untrue and secondly simply feeds that untruth.

So for the record, I care that people blow each other up and kill each other, whoever they are and wherever they are.
I wish and pray and strive for a world where people accept each other and live in harmony together.
I pray for people in Boston.
I pray for people in the Middle East.
I pray for people everywhere.

Salam Brothers and Sisters,
We need more people like Glo in the world. One cannot compare the number of people being killed. It is simply wrong. This is not math, two negatives do NOTt make a positive!!! Regardless or the numbers, whether in the US or other countries, each death is relevant to the family it impacts. If we believe we are all born Muslims, then we should be sad for any death.

Mukafi7
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Regardless, it is simply sad and unacceptable

Mukafi7
04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
The truth shall be out.

Naeema
04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
As someone who was at the marathon on Monday wearing a yellow jacket, I am saddened by this attack. It is personal to me, so I feel its effects more than an attack someplace where I have never been. Because people were maimed and killed in a place where I have stood, where my mother has stood, I feel it more acutely than when a car bomb exploded in front of my hotel in London years ago, injuring noone or when I was working the crime scene of a package bomb a few years ago (the occupant was killed). However, I did find myself switching to reading/listening to the BBC and Al Jazeera to find out what else was happening in the world, as our news coverage is wall to wall Marathon Bombing (even though we don't really know much, they just keep talking). Monday was a sad day in many places, not just here.

Two bits, both related to far earlier in the discussion:

With regard to how the US authorities and experts view this particular attack, I think this quote in a CNN story today is particularly useful and relevant:
"If your experience and your expertise is Middle East terrorism, it has the hallmarks of al Qaeda or a Middle East group," former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes said. "If your experience is domestic groups and bombings that have occurred here, it has the hallmarks of a domestic terrorist like Eric Rudolph in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bombings."

If you want to see the toll of terror globally, there is an extremely useful database, the Global Terrorism Database, maintained by researchers at the University of Maryland. It has the most complete, public information on attacks around the globe between 1970 and 2011 of which I am aware. They attempt to count every person that is injured or killed in a terror attack, by what mechanism, and, when possible, associate the attack with the intended target, the responsible organization, and the ideology of that person/group. You can view their data here: http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/

Independent
04-17-2013, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naeema
If you want to see the toll of terror globally, there is an extremely useful database, the Global Terrorism Database
Looks like a great resource, thanks for posting.

Hulk
04-18-2013, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I like this graphic, except that it shows an underlaying Muslimism equal to the Americanism it decries. The world is not split into USA and Islam. There are billions of other people suffering all around the world that are neither American nor Muslim. Change two of those upper bits from "Muslim..." to "African" with a starving child and "Japanese" with the atomic bomb, and you'd have something compelling.
Isn't wanting the words changed exactly what the image is describing which is turning a blind eye to what is going on? I personally think that the designer is pointing out people who are being oppressed but if you want to point out that there are people whose lives are lost due to starvation or an atomic bomb then instead of suggesting that the words are changed why not suggest addition if u feel that it would be more compelling if they were pointed out?

Pygoscelis
04-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Isn't wanting the words changed exactly what the image is describing which is turning a blind eye to what is going on? I personally think that the designer is pointing out people who are being oppressed but if you want to point out that there are people whose lives are lost due to starvation or an atomic bomb then instead of suggesting that the words are changed why not suggest addition if u feel that it would be more compelling if they were pointed out?
The point in that image isn't that PEOPLE are being oppressed. The point is that MUSLIMS are being oppressed. That is my concern with the image. It seems to care only about Muslims in the same way that it chastises the USA for caring only about the USA. If you want to keep it about oppression, then perhaps keep one saying muslims and change the other two to other oppressed groups people turn a blind eye to.

Muslim Woman
04-18-2013, 05:22 AM
:sl:

Judged by the media coverage, it is hard not to conclude that western lives are valued much more highly than those of people in Afghanistan, Iraq or the Middle East.
By Lindsey German

The bombing in Boston is a tragedy, and everyone should condemn the actions of people who have destroyed the lives of people enjoying themselves watching the marathon.
But last week in Afghanistan a US airstrike killed eleven children and several women. This Afghan bombing is only one of many that are killing civilians every week.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....m_medium=email

abo mussaab
04-18-2013, 05:25 AM
and syria sister still counting...

glo
04-18-2013, 06:01 AM
I don't think Pygo was saying that the poster shouldn't point out to the Western world that Muslims are suffering in some parts of the world; but instead to BROADEN out the message that we should not forget OTHER PEOPLE outside the Western world who also suffer but don't make headline news either (or at least not for very long).

islamica
04-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Interesting reading...

A violent act again in a violent nation - http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/298827.html

Western lives valued more

Judged by the media coverage, it is hard not to conclude that western lives are valued much more highly than those of people in Afghanistan, Iraq or the Middle East.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....m_medium=email

جوري
04-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Those who died in Boston a couple of days ago - two or three, those who killed in Syria the day before yesterday >200. Countries offering condolences and outrage for Boston >204 - countries completely mum about what's going on in Syria >204. Yeah draw your own conclusions we too have drawn ours!

LauraS
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Like people have already said one here, one of the reason there’s more media coverage about this event is because it’s much rarer in America or Europe. We do get information about bomb blasts in the middle east but they’re happening so often that if they were to give the same amount of coverage there would never be anything else on the news.

Also here in the UK we have adverts asking for donations for a Syrian’s children’s charity- it’s on television every day. Just a couple of weeks ago the Red Cross sent out letters to every household asking for donations for Syria- my mum donated. A couple of weeks ago there was a debate on TV about the use of drones. So yes, we do have coverage about the middle east here.

sister herb
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Salam alaykum

Those who died in Boston were 8 years old child, American, 29 years old woman, American and Chinese woman. What crimes they had done? They all were civilians. Who ever did that attack is a terrorist. Just same what ideology or religion he supports. He killed people he had no idea who they were. May he rott in the hell!

:raging:

abo mussaab
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
oh dear not a good week in america http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/18/texas-explosion-fertiliser-plant-live

Iceee
04-18-2013, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab
oh dear not a good week in america
Start a new thread about this.

Terrorism has no religion whether it is in Boston or in Syria.

Our religion doesn't teach us to be happy on people's' miseries.

Also, someone was believed to have sent a letter which contained some kind of poison addressed for Obama and the Sen. of the United States. I really thought these two cases would be reviewed but they aren't.

Talk about it here Inshallah: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ters-case.html

جوري
04-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Oh and btw crap like this happens in the U.S all the time - every other day some nutter opens fire in a school, mall Sikh temple with hopes that Muslims are dead(by morons who can't tell the difference) or theatre have you not been watching the news with that same level of alarm and concern? the only reason at all this is wholly exaggerated is because their initial reaction and hope for it to be an 'Islamist' and link to 911 with every speech did it to fuel further public hatred and more drones but pls you go discuss if dropping drones on civilians daily is a bad thing or should we be occupied with it since it happens everyday!

Best,

glo
04-18-2013, 01:54 PM
I am amazed by the grace and compassion of these people. May God bless them all.
It can be done! :statisfie

LauraS
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM
^^Nice photos glo! :)

Futuwwa
04-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Countries offering condolences and outrage for Boston >204 - countries completely mum about what's going on in Syria >204. Yeah draw your own conclusions we too have drawn ours!
Really now?

Syria has been suspended from both the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. The world media has certainly not missed it, and the issue of the civil war and how to respond to Assad has gone all the way to the UN Security Council.

جوري
04-18-2013, 04:14 PM
and the issue of the civil war and how to respond to Assad has gone all the way to the UN Security Council.
Oh yippe yay qaya.. all the way to the UN council gee willikers-- glad they have it down on paper, do write again when something is done about a two year, 80+K death toll mostly of women & children.
If the west wasn't quite happy with the situation as is, and Asad feeding them about the 'terroristic/'alqaeda' rebels' the situation wouldn't have taken more than 20 days...

yeah really now!

Futuwwa
04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
And what should they do? Invade Syria and topple Assad? Somehow I think you, and a great many too, would regard that as an act of Western imperialism. I suppose that when you hold it as axiomatic that they are the bad guys of history, they can't win, it's "heads I win, tails you lose", and regardless of what they do, an evil ulterior motive is made up and postulated after the fact.

جوري
04-18-2013, 04:21 PM
The scenario here is simple depending on where America would like to invade next sow a few wild oats by way of bases and protect its interests- pick your poison of what matters to them most, Amero/Israeli interests in Syria? or North Korea?.. It is all just a game and nothing but and often comedicaly timed. What is the most unfortunate thing is how many civilians have to die for the games of nations!
You're indeed correct that it is about exercising hegemony over the world- what should we also apologize for calling it like it is because it offends sensibilities?

Futuwwa
04-18-2013, 04:29 PM
The scenario here is simple depending on where America would like to invade next sow a few wild oats by way of bases and protect its interests- pick your poison of what matters to them most, Amero/Israeli interests in Syria? or North Korea?.. It is all just a game and nothing but and often comedicaly timed. What is the most unfortunate thing is how many civilians have to die for the games of nations!
You're indeed correct that it is about exercising hegemony over the world- what should we also apologize for calling it like it is because it offends sensibilities?
All of which is an irrelevant red herring and in no way supports your initial allegation that the world ignores Syria.

جوري
04-18-2013, 04:34 PM
All of which is an irrelevant red herring and in no way supports your initial allegation that the world ignores Syria.
That's not my initial allegation nor have I any 'allegations' In fact my initial concern if you'd go read page one is whether or not they'll pin this on 'Islamists' to further their interests domestic and abroad given the reaction on most media outlets being that it is perpetrated by 'Islamists' which they later rescinded although not in totality!
Talk about cognitive conservatism!

best

KAding
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
There are a couple of reasons why the Boston bombings get so much attention in the Western media:
  1. It is geographically closer. Distance matters.
  2. It is easier to identify with the victims, as it involves Westerners. I can see myself, my friends or my family cheering at the finish line of a marathon. I cannot really see them being involved in, say, a civil war in Syria. I am not saying this is right, but it is natural. It is the same reason why so many Muslims are very much more involved with the war in Syria than in, say, Congo. Being able to identify with the victims fosters a "it could have been me or my family" feeling, which means it becomes more interesting to viewers.
  3. It is very rare for something like this to happen in the US. As such it is real 'news'. Unfortunately that is no longer true for Syria. War has become the norm there.
  4. The US is a super power. It might have an international connection and as such there could be big (geo-)political consequences to this event.

Of course, this isn't necessarily fair for people who are living in, say, war-torn Congo, but these are some of the reasons why people are more interested in Boston than Congo or even Syria.

Pygoscelis
04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Some people in the USA care about Americans more than anybody else, and hate outsiders with different cultures and mindsets. You get jingoistic nationalism, islamophobia, etc. USA USA USA #1. American Exceptionalism, and all that garbage. This same phenomenon runs in all directions as we see here. It is simple tribalism. And yes, I know me saying that will pop a vein in the foreheads of some here, but it is the truth. We need to grow beyond our tribal identities and strive to be brothers and sisters in humanity.

The photos glo posted show the kind of mindset we need to foster. Citizens of Boston and Kabul are not in competition for death count. They are in solidarity in compassion, or at least that is how it should be, and that is what we should work towards.

sister herb
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
The photos glo posted show the kind of mindset we need to foster. Citizens of Boston and Kabul are not in competition for death count. They are in solidarity in compassion, or at least that is how it should be, and that is what we should work towards.
Peace with you my brother in humanity

I totally agree with you and Glo.

:statisfie

Futuwwa
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Summary of thread:

"Muslim victimhood" > "Other victimhood"

Change "Muslim" for "Jewish" and you essentially get the attitude of most Zionists. Don't be like them.

سيف الله
04-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Salaam

A horrible atrocity, condolences to all involved.

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Like people have already said one here, one of the reason there’s more media coverage about this event is because it’s much rarer in America or Europe. We do get information about bomb blasts in the middle east but they’re happening so often that if they were to give the same amount of coverage there would never be anything else on the news.
Regrettably have to agree reminds me of this quote

'A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.'

On the reason why Americans don't seem too concerned about atrocities committed by their troops air-force etc

'The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.'

On the other hand this is an important domestic issue for them (not so much because of the scale of the attack but because the symbolism of it) so there going to make an issue of it.

Mind you it is odd why it gets such disproportionate coverage in UK, I know the UK is a loyal lapdog but seriously, really shows you how culturally colonised the UK has become. My main worry is that the American government may respond violently and given their past record we all know where that leads.

Lets hope they don't.

Khaajit
04-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Truly sad. I pray for the lives lost there including that of an 8 year old boy. Truly sad. I pray for all those who die throughout the world.

جوري
04-18-2013, 11:06 PM
back on topic and what actually matters:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D300521

Independent
04-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Back in the real world, I see they have released photos of two suspects. One of their faces is quite visible, good enough for people to recognise.

جوري
04-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Yes indeed hope everyone will see the link (and vid) I included above your last comment and the outrage toward the two photos prematurely released.
And that in fact should be our main concern. Mob mentality, and vigilante justice and the victims borne of those not whether or not an SN has displayed phony sentiment!

best,

abo mussaab
04-19-2013, 12:04 AM
We would like to offer our sincere condolences for the victims' families and injured civilians who were targeted in the Boston explosion. We lost a lot of our friends and families so we know what it means to lose a dear person to the heart, a brother, sister, or son.
May you rest in peace brothers and sisters and may God be with your families now and grant them patience and serenity.

islamica
04-19-2013, 02:41 AM

islamica
04-19-2013, 02:43 AM
back on topic and what actually matters:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D300521
'I'm NOT a terrorist... I was just watching the marathon:' Moroccan high school runner is wrongly linked to Boston bombings after photograph of him at finishing line sweeps the internet

He said: 'I worry that someone, a mad person, might come after me and my family'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2QsDD4bJD

جوري
04-19-2013, 03:18 AM
He said: 'I worry that someone, a mad person, might come after me and my family'
ya think? Their disgusting media isn't gonna be responsble for ruining a few hundred lives out of this?
I am at a loss for words.. al7mdullilah at least a few people on here get it, so it isn't a total loss in the midst of so much manure!

islamica
04-19-2013, 05:31 AM

ya think? Their disgusting media isn't gonna be responsble for ruining a few hundred lives out of this?
I am at a loss for words.. al7mdullilah at least a few people on here get it, so it isn't a total loss in the midst of so much manure!

They should sue the post for lies and endangering their lives.

FOX News

Tweets like that makes me want to agree with this tweet....

abo mussaab
04-19-2013, 05:35 AM
http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon
An MIT police officer was shot and killed Thursday night. In addition, police were led on a chase into Watertown, where a gunfight and explosives were detonated.

Read more: http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...#ixzz2Qsuq0ilA

islamica
04-19-2013, 06:00 AM
These are exactly the kinds of horrific, civilian-slaughtering attacks that the US has been bringing to countries in the Muslim world over and over and over again for the last decade, with very little attention paid.

a re-tweet from Washington Examiner columnist David Freddoso, proclaiming:

Idea of secondary bombs designed to kill the first responders is just sick. How does anyone become that evil?"

I don't disagree with that sentiment. But I'd bet a good amount of money that the person saying it - and the vast majority of other Americans - have no clue that targeting rescuers with "double-tap" attacks is precisely what the US now does with its drone program and other forms of militarism.

whatever rage you're feeling toward the perpetrator of this Boston attack, that's the rage in sustained form that people across the world feel toward the US for killing innocent people in their countries. Whatever sadness you feel for yesterday's victims, the same level of sadness is warranted for the innocent people whose lives are ended by American bombs.

Former Democratic Rep. Jane Harman went on CNN to grossly speculate that Muslim groups were behind the attack. Anti-Muslim bigots like Pam Geller predictably announced that this was "Jihad in America". Expressions of hatred for Muslims, and a desire to do violence, were then spewing forth all over Twitter (some particularly unscrupulous partisan Democrat types were identically suggesting with zero evidence that the attackers were right-wing extremists).

A rush to proclaim the guilty party to be Muslim is seen in particular over and over with such events.

As FAIR documented back then:

"In the wake of the explosion that destroyed the Murrah Federal Office Building, the media rushed — almost en masse — to the assumption that the bombing was the work of Muslim extremists. 'The betting here is on Middle East terrorists,' declared CBS News' Jim Stewart just hours after the blast (4/19/95). 'The fact that it was such a powerful bomb in Oklahoma City immediately drew investigators to consider deadly parallels that all have roots in the Middle East,' ABC's John McWethy proclaimed the same day."'It has every single earmark of the Islamic car-bombers of the Middle East,' wrote syndicated columnist Georgie Anne Geyer (Chicago Tribune, 4/21/95). 'Whatever we are doing to destroy Mideast terrorism, the chief terrorist threat against Americans, has not been working,' declared the New York Times' A.M. Rosenthal (4/21/95). The Geyer and Rosenthal columns were filed after the FBI released sketches of two suspects who looked more like Midwestern frat boys than mujahideen."

This lesson is never learned because, it seems, many people don't want to learn it. Even when it turns out not to have been Muslims who perpetrated the attack but rather right-wing, white Christians, the damage from this relentless and reflexive blame-pinning endures.

The reason there was such confusion and uncertainty about whether this was "terrorism" is because there is no clear and consistently applied definition of the term. At this point, it's little more than a term of emotionally manipulative propaganda.

The history of these types of attacks over the last decade has been clear and consistent: they are exploited to obtain new government powers, increase state surveillance, and take away individual liberties. On NBC with Brian Williams last night, Tom Brokaw decreed that this will happen again and instructed us that we must meekly submit it to it

Full article @ http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...otes-reactions

-------

A violent act again in a violent nation
The point is you reap what you sow. Violence begets violence.

So America, the most violent country in the world today, lurches from one act of mayhem to another.

If the government responds to this latest tragedy by doubling down on its domestic spying campaign, by enhancing police powers, by stepping up its deadly global drone war, and by invading or meddling in more countries abroad, we can expect more and more violent attacks aimed at killing Americans here at home.

we Americans could look at the latest carnage in Boston and recognize it as the very thing that our military has been engaged in doing in our name in places like Iraq and Afghanistan - right down to the deliberate and sick timing of a second bomb to blow up people who are coming to the aid of victims of the first bomb, which is the wretched MO of the U.S. bombing and drone strike campaigns along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border.

Boston attack no less twisted than are the Pentagon officers and who planned the attack that killed those 10 children in Kundar, or the president who ordered the leveling of the Iraqi city of Fallujah. We Americans are far too selective in our sense of horror and outrage

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/298827.html

Jedi_Mindset
04-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Although i dont support acts like this, i have to agree with the article above.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

although i have to say that i dont know who did this and have some suspicions since blackwater mercenaries were spotted right at the scene. blackwater is responsible for many terrorists acts in iraq.

But i will let the conspiracy sides aside this time, a few of my posts got deleted here because of it.

sister herb
04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Salam alaykum

This:

is of my mind absolutely against the basic prinsiples of Islam! Many Americans are muslims too and still they are Americans. Comment is racist.

^o)

How a person who writes or thinks like this can say that islam is religion of peace?

Iceee
04-19-2013, 11:38 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=M80DXI932OE">

One dead, still looking for the other "suspect."

Fugitive #Boston bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19; dead is his brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26; both originally from Chechnya: media report

Jedi_Mindset
04-19-2013, 11:42 AM
they believe the surviving suspect is a chechen.

oh how the US-media contradicts everytime :D

I dont want to take part in this confusion, you guys can post all you want but the US-zionist media is only contradicting themselves lol.

First blaming a moroccan, then a indian and now a chechen.

Independent
04-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Let's look on the positive side of this. It seems that the two perpetrators have been identified very swiftly and one of them is already dead, so they won't be making any more attacks and further speculation can be ended.

The negative side is that it will probably be confirmed that they are Muslims as they are of Chechen origin. It would have been better for the world if this had been a patriot attack but that's not the way it is, so it can't be helped.

On the other hand, Chechnya is a Russian federal territory so there is no question of this resulting in an invasion or further war.

glo
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
so there is no question of this resulting in an invasion or further war
One hopes ... :hmm:

Pygoscelis
04-19-2013, 01:59 PM
What do you expect? Its Fox. When you equate that with "the west" in general, that is simple bigotry, and you lower yourself to their level.

جوري
04-19-2013, 02:03 PM
They should sue the post for lies and endangering their lives.

FOX News

Tweets like that makes me want to agree with this tweet....

suing them? Isn't the American way all about droning them?

جوري
04-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Chechnya- if there's any truth to the story of course has a bone of content with the U.S- was Kissinger's plan to divide the soviet into Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia while declaring war against Chechnys so they wouldn't have independence like the others obviously because they're Muslims, although not all Chechnyans are Muslim but I am sure many of them are resentful.
Lithuania btw is the one that gave us the moron Liberman who was a bouncer but now is a statesman mocking Egypt and wanting to annihilate it.

Independent
04-19-2013, 03:27 PM
I've never heard of the Chechen resistance taking any action against the US - their fight is with Russia.

It seems the brothers have lived in the US 10 years which is a long time (the younger brother would only have been 9 when they moved). I also now see there are reports that the elder brother has previously shown interest in Muslim linked terrorism:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...tml?tid=pm_pop

جوري
04-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Just yesterday they were posting a picture of a Yemeni as the person of interest and a couple of days before that a Saudi, all of a sudden they know of the interests & beliefs of the alleged suspect- guess you can compose any profile you want with the dead!
Thank God for American intelligence!

Independent
04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Just yesterday they were posting a picture of a Yemeni as the person of interest and a couple of days before that a Saudi, all of a sudden they know of the interests & beliefs of the alleged suspect- guess you can compose any profile you want with the dead!
Thank God for American intelligence!
One of the bomb victims awoke from surgery and gave a positive ID of the suspect, who looked him 'right in the eyes' before leaving the bag and the explosion a couple of minutes later.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...attackers.html

جوري
04-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Glad you removed the latter part of your statement. I guess you couldn't back it up with evidence as is usually the case with much of what you post here.
We'll have to wait for a non hasty dx. before we manage.. you'll forgive since much of what was leaked out so far has been erroneous .. can't blame folks for wanting a conservative approach with a govt. that has so little credibility left.

best,

جوري
04-19-2013, 04:27 PM
who looked him 'right in the eyes' before leaving the bag and the explosion a couple of minutes later.
wow and he didn't die with such close proximity, woke up to identity him no grogginess from meds and no death from a blast just two mins away? I guess this is like the surviving saudi passport post 911 :D

Independent
04-19-2013, 04:45 PM
wow and he didn't die with such close proximity, woke up to identity him no grogginess from meds and no death from a blast just two mins away? I guess this is like the surviving saudi passport post 911
Read the news - it wasn't that type of bomb. It was designed to maim with ball bearings rather than killing by blast. That's why there are so many victims who have lost limbs.

جوري
04-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Read the news - it wasn't that type of bomb. It was designed to maim with ball bearings rather than killing by blast. That's why there are so many victims who have lost limbs.
Indeed - and yet three who were further away than 'two minutes' and didn't get the privilege of 'looking him in the face' have in fact died -- good thing is that you often discredit yourself with your own hands.. your own brand of conspiracies really no better than that which you mock!

best,

Muhammad
04-19-2013, 04:58 PM
If this thread is going to continue with arguments and posts lacking general etiquette of discussion, it will be closed. A number of posts have aready been deleted for the same reason, so I hope no further warning will be needed now.

It is the last hour of Friday in some parts of the world. Let us use this blessed time in the best way we can and make du'a :ia:.

sister herb
04-19-2013, 05:24 PM

One hopes ... :hmm:
Two hopes that innocents don´t need to die in cause of those heartless terrorists.

جوري
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Nothing conveyed better what Muslims feel than that tweet on Monday: "Please don't be a Muslim". But it seems to have unfolded that way.
In the aftermath of Boston Marathon shooting, at least two Muslims have already been attacked, including one physician, and, of course, the Fox type-of-journalism was already blaming Muslims.
Now the recent development trace the origins of the dead suspect and his brother to an area in Russia where about 20% people are Muslims. Islamophobes are bound to be quite busy generalizing all over the media. They were already successful in replacing Imam Sohaib Webb from the Boston interfaith program with a self-hating Muslim.
A bunch of criminals with Muslim names, the professional Islamophobes, and the irresponsible media are always successful in generalizing the criminality of a handful people to a whole community.
Now the untold stories of Muslims who were the first medical responders, the Muslim surgeon and emergency room doctors who worked hard saving the victims will for ever over shadowed by those of two criminals. And the story of runners, some of them Muslims, including a hijabi woman, will never be told, while some injured Muslims will still have to go through a healing process.
Please don't allow that to happen again!

• Don't internalize the guilt of some criminal suspects. Your community is a very clean community and first class citizens.
  • Don't allow anyone to generalize.
    • We don’t know the faith of the Missisipi man arrested for mailing the deadly ricin poison to the President
    • We don’t talk about the faith of the killer of Sandy Hook school

May Allah keep us safe. May God keep our neighbors safe. May He guide the angry, the hateful and the fearful to a positive direction. May He open our hearts towards our neighbors and may He open their hearts towards us.

sound vision

Ramadan90
04-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Nothing conveyed better what Muslims feel than that tweet on Monday: "Please don't be a Muslim". But it seems to have unfolded that way.
In the aftermath of Boston Marathon shooting, at least two Muslims have already been attacked, including one physician, and, of course, the Fox type-of-journalism was already blaming Muslims.
Now the recent development trace the origins of the dead suspect and his brother to an area in Russia where about 20% people are Muslims. Islamophobes are bound to be quite busy generalizing all over the media. They were already successful in replacing Imam Sohaib Webb from the Boston interfaith program with a self-hating Muslim.
A bunch of criminals with Muslim names, the professional Islamophobes, and the irresponsible media are always successful in generalizing the criminality of a handful people to a whole community.
Now the untold stories of Muslims who were the first medical responders, the Muslim surgeon and emergency room doctors who worked hard saving the victims will for ever over shadowed by those of two criminals. And the story of runners, some of them Muslims, including a hijabi woman, will never be told, while some injured Muslims will still have to go through a healing process.
Please don't allow that to happen again!

• Don't internalize the guilt of some criminal suspects. Your community is a very clean community and first class citizens.
  • Don't allow anyone to generalize.
    • We don’t know the faith of the Missisipi man arrested for mailing the deadly ricin poison to the President
    • We don’t talk about the faith of the killer of Sandy Hook school
May Allah keep us safe. May God keep our neighbors safe. May He guide the angry, the hateful and the fearful to a positive direction. May He open our hearts towards our neighbors and may He open their hearts towards us.

sound vision
Amen!!!

Jedi_Mindset
04-19-2013, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Amen!!!
Ameen :)

Jedi_Mindset
04-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I have read so much anti-Islamic rhetoric on the web today - I wouldn't be upset if this individual was banned (he's representative of his type, they talk about love while in the same breath wishing your demise if not actively droning you). The stuff I read makes me so sick, to the point I want to vomit, and by these alleged individuals who are so full of 'feelings, forgiveness, compassion and oh Godly love' - You'll forgive my skepticism reading what I read but how hypocritical are these Christians? Let's call them what they're for they feel so free to call us what they think we are!
The zion-crusader christians supporting 'israel'? Yes then i agree with you. However its also up to the individual, as i have seen christians who are not anti-islam.

Reading anti-islam rhetoric is nothing new and shouldn't be bothered, since islam was born, the kufar plot to destroy islam, maybe more today because its worldwide now but i hope you get it. Everytime they attempt - they fail. Even though they're now in our lands they still fail.

Events like this are fear-factors so the media and government will remind the americans of 9/11 and so on. Its nothing more than a psy-war, a world wide one.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/psywar/

B
ut there is something now to destroy our faith - deception and social engineering. I think i am more bothered by that because its fitnah you sometimes dont realize the impact of it like a dark mist you can't see.

sister herb
04-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Please close this thread!

:phew

جوري
04-19-2013, 07:48 PM
the story isn't over for the thread to be closed!

sister herb
04-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Salam alaykum

Story is not over at all but is just stops us all continue fight for nothing together.

^o)

جوري
04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
I am not fighting with anybody. Some people want to come malign Islam & Muslims and I am personally not going to stand for it!

Student1996
04-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Its unfortunate that some died. However I am disgusted by how everyone is reacting to this. This whole week there were suicide bombings in Iraq killing even more, yet everyone whines about the Boston incident. To be honest, it does not sadden me.

Student1996
04-19-2013, 09:02 PM
This week in an Iraq cafe 32 (Not 3) were killed in a suicide bombing. 65 were wounded. Who cares right?

Tyrion
04-19-2013, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996
To be honest, it does not sadden me.
I don't understand how people like you can say you don't care about Western deaths because they (under your view) don't care about Muslim deaths. Aren't you just doing the same thing you accuse them of doing? Caring only for those in your group, while ignoring those outside of it? People died as a result of terrorism. That's enough for most normal people to feel something.

Ramadan90
04-19-2013, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود;1579035[B
][/B]I have read so much anti-Islamic rhetoric on the web today - I wouldn't be upset if this individual was banned (he's representative of his type, they talk about love while in the same breath wishing your demise if not actively droning you). The stuff I read makes me so sick, to the point I want to vomit, and by these alleged individuals who are so full of 'feelings, forgiveness, compassion and oh Godly love' - You'll forgive my skepticism reading what I read but how hypocritical are these Christians? Let's call them what they're for they feel so free to call us what they think we are!
Same here. You have no idea how many islamophobes there are in Sweden.

There was a huge scandal in Sweden the last two weeks. Omar Mustafa, head of Sweden’s Islamic Association, who was elected last week in Stockholm to the Social Democratic Party’s governing board, announced his resignation after being accused of anti-Semitism, sexism, and homophobia. All of this was MADE UP BY A EXPO which claims to be anti-racist magazine OWNED BY JEWS. The hate for us muslims is sick!

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/isl...a-over-values/

جوري
04-19-2013, 09:13 PM
I think we should have reported that guy Chris C his IP address to the authorities, he made a very serious direct threat and said we should all be annihilated .. I think we should take that very seriously in light of the attacks against Muslims!

LauraS
04-19-2013, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

I don't understand how people like you can say you don't care about Western deaths because they (under your view) don't care about Muslim deaths. Aren't you just doing the same thing you accuse them of doing? Caring only for those in your group, while ignoring those outside of it? People died as a result of terrorism. That's enough for most normal people to feel something.
Exactly some don't seem to understand that it works both ways. While criticizing the west for hatred and demanding respect, I often see no respect from some for non-Muslims. There are Muslims and non-Muslims on here that can speak fine with each other and so can they in person, but others are just so wrapped up in hatred. :heated: The tweets made about Muslims on twitter about the bombings are ignorant and horrible, but not all non-Muslims feel this way- so why hate them all? Isn't it the same with Muslim hate preachers? They don't represent the feelings of all Muslims.

Jedi_Mindset
04-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Their own mother believes that they were set up or framed, and their aunt says the same, also their friends deny that they were involved in this bombing.
http://rt.com/usa/boston-marathon-explosions-updates-911/

H
e has a twitter account, and nothing actually proves that he is a suspect. Infact he even tweeted after the bombing.

faithandpeace
04-19-2013, 10:15 PM
It sure is sad how Western imperialistic powers can murder hundreds of thousands of innocent Muslims and call it "collateral damage" encouraging people to sit mindlessly in front of the TV free of any concern or care. Yet 3 innocent non-Muslims are killed allegedly by Muslims and the social, political, and cultural mantra is that Islam itself is to blame and that all Muslims (excluding those who demonstrate full assimilation into Western culture to the degree of following at best a watered-down castrated version of Islam) are suspect. It seems so hopeless and depressing. May I and the rest of us become better Muslims every day with Allah's (swt) help and become the strongest in iman as we can possibly be. Ameen.

CosmicPathos
04-19-2013, 10:51 PM
his twitter account is a fake id.

Pygoscelis
04-19-2013, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Please close this thread!

:phew
May as well. It seems that the hate train simply won't stop. Reasonable voices such as yours (Muslim) and mine (atheist) and glos (Christian) go ignored, or we get lumped in with these hate mongers. Chris lumps you and all Muslims in with the Muslim haters and the sister with the name I can't type lumps glo and I, and any other non-Muslim, in with Chris. Sad, because Chris fails to see that there are far more Muslims here speaking reason than hatred, and in the other direction, only Chris has spoken hatred against Muslims.

Moderators have tried to control it, but it seems a lost cause. The haters are on some holy crusade / jihad where anybody who doesn't belong to their group is the enemy. Full stop. Closing the thread seems the only viable option.

I only wish we could "close the thread" on the real life haters who engage in violence, call for the killing of homosexuals or kafirs, call for killing muslims, etc.

جوري
04-19-2013, 11:16 PM
It really doesn't matter at all what you believe Pyg, if your bearded Muslim neighbors/ relatives, loved ones with young children are having the FBI knock on their door, harass them around the clock, and with every incident follow them around or are being mocked by their co-workers or treated with suspicion by their neighbors and constantly have the flow of their life disrupted by some event of some person the likes of chris C who actually represents the majority (if you'll step outside the forum) and have a look around. If you don't know what that is like, and are having threats or harassment made to your life or your family domestic or abroad then it becomes irrelevant your 'good intent' in the sea of Chris C out there and no way for the rest of us to know. Since we're all being watched with suspicion no reason we don't look at you as well with suspicion!
best,

abo mussaab
04-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Don't forget the bankers and insurance companies

abo mussaab
04-19-2013, 11:38 PM
muslim doctor attacked to boston over marathon bombings
Heba Abolaban, Muslim Woman, Says She Was Attacked Over Boston Bombings (PHOTO)The Huffington Post | By Hunter Stuart

Posted: 04/18/2013 7:46 pm EDT
A Muslim woman wearing a hijab said she was attacked in the Boston area by a man who shouted that Muslims had perpetrated the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded about 170 Monday.
Heba Abolaban, a Palestinian doctor who immigrated to the United States from Syria, says she was punched in the shoulder in Malden, Mass., on Wednesday by a man who shouted "F*** you Muslims!" and "You are involved in the Boston explosions," according to the Malden Patch.
The man, described as a white male in his 30s, allegedly shouted at Abolaban for about two minutes before continuing on his way, Patch reports.
Police Chief Kevin Molis told the Boston Globe the department was looking for the suspect.
“No investigative strategy will be overlooked in order to determine who’s responsible for this,” Molis said. “This is something that as a city and as a police department we take seriously.”
Immediately after the bombs went off on Monday, police questioned a Saudi Arabian man who had burns on his hands, CBS News reported. The man's apartment, located in Revere, Mass., was searched by investigators, but he was later cleared.
While some conservative commentators, such as radio host Glenn Beck, have speculated that Middle Easterners were behind Monday's attacks, the nationalities of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects were still unknown as of Thursday afternoon. The FBI released photos of two suspects on Thursday and enlisted the public's help in tracking them down. No arrests had been made as this article was published.
Visit Malden Patch and the Boston Globe for more information on the story.
rMUSLIMATTACKBOSTONlarge570 1?6 -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009

جوري
04-19-2013, 11:44 PM
I am telling you every bearded Muslim I know has a two car surveillance outside his home. It is becoming absurd and unbearable. In fact the subject of my nightmares. That's how much these sickos play their psychological games if not actually frame people and I can believe everything who is to stop them? Constant disruption of your life and work, constant harassment. People don't want to hire Muslims, it is just getting so that we should have a mass exodus out of the west.. but if we do hopefully they can grant us the same courtesy and take themselves and their bases out of ours. I must admit the Zionists truly have this country wrapped around their little finger. Not sure how much more we're to tolerate the harassment?I really wish Muslims who are fed up would just have a class action suit and bring them down to their knees and bankrupt them!

Pygoscelis
04-19-2013, 11:45 PM
It really doesn't matter at all what you believe Pyg, if your bearded Muslim neighbors/ relatives, loved ones with young children are having the FBI knock on their door, harass them around the clock, and with every incident follow them around or are being mocked by their co-workers or treated with suspicion by their neighbors and constantly have the flow of their life disrupted by some event of some person the likes of chris C who actually represents the majority (if you'll step outside the forum) and have a look around. If you don't know what that is like, and are having threats or harassment made to your life or your family domestic or abroad then it becomes irrelevant your 'good intent' in the sea of Chris C out there and no way for the rest of us to know. Since we're all being watched with suspicion no reason we don't look at you as well with suspicion!
best,
Can't you see that you and Chris C are opposite faces of the same coin?

KenPruitt
04-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Not sure how much more we're to tolerate the harassment?I really wish Muslims who are fed up would just have a class action suit and bring them down to their knees and bankrupt them!
Wouldn't do you any good. The lawsuit would be thrown out as frivolous.

جوري
04-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Can't you see that you and Chris C are opposite faces of the same coin?
No, I don't-I am not calling for the annihilation of people nor am I manning my stations outside their home or calling their religion evil while hoping that every last one of them would be wiped off the earth. I also don't bully people in their work place or on the streets because they look christian or Jewish. In fact a Jewish woman asked me to look after her baby the other day while she gets change for two dollars.. imagine that?

format_quote Originally Posted by KenPruitt
Wouldn't do you any good. The lawsuit would be thrown out as frivolous.
You must have insider information? Thanks for the heads up. I think if everyone followed the advise of random net SN's the world would be inert!

best,

KenPruitt
04-20-2013, 12:15 AM
You must have insider information? Thanks for the heads up. I think if everyone followed the advise of random net SN's the world would be inert!

best,
Think about this for a moment. The FBI is monitoring bearded Muslims under the guise of "National Security", and you expect the courts (a section of the same entity that deploys the FBI that's doing the harassing) to treat a class action lawsuit (especially after the Boston Bombing) as anything other than frivolous?

جوري
04-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Think about this for a moment. The FBI is monitoring bearded Muslims under the guise of "National Security", and you expect the courts (a section of the same entity that deploys the FBI that's doing the harassing) to treat a class action lawsuit (especially after the Boston Bombing) as anything other than frivolous?
Let them prove in court then that it is a matter of 'National security' to knock on the doors and frighten three years olds ey?

best,

جوري
04-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Here's a bunch of lawsuits some resolved some pending:
http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/litigation/...onalorigin.cfm
hopefully a class action would be very worth our while!

best,

KenPruitt
04-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Let them prove in court then that it is a matter of 'National security' to knock on the doors and frighten three years olds ey?

best,
They're the government. They can "prove" whatever they want.

faithandpeace
04-20-2013, 12:42 AM
I had an argument with several coworkers today. They all were fully content and in support of Americans giving up freedoms for the sake of stopping terrorism. When I expressed support for the Constitution and Bill of Rights one of them told me that I must be a terrorist. They don't even know I reverted to Islam last month and I don't yet wear hijab at work. The dumbed-down brainwashed scared and obedient knee-jerk emotionalreacting masses are getting more frightening every day. May Allah (swt) protect us all. Insha'Allah more people will wake up to the truth. Ameen.

جوري
04-20-2013, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by faithandpeace
I had an argument with several coworkers today. They all were fully content and in support of Americans giving up freedoms for the sake of stopping terrorism. When I expressed support for the Constitution and Bill of Rights one of them told me that I must be a terrorist. They don't even know I reverted to Islam last month and I don't yet wear hijab at work. The dumbed-down brainwashed scared and obedient knee-jerk emotionalreacting masses are getting more frightening every day. May Allah (swt) protect us all. Insha'Allah more people will wake up to the truth. Ameen.
Get ready sis.. it gets uglier from here..
amazingly enough as I was wrangling with some members of 'femine' you know the organization that wants to fight for Muslim women by prostituting themselves half naked- They're so apt at telling you how ignorant and stupid you are, how brain washed you're and how bad you've it how awful are Muslim men and of your lack of freedoms and lack of freedom of speech, and non equal rights yet don't see themselves as stripping of all the above if you continue to express Islamic views. You're only free to be naked, free to hate Islam, free to hate men, free to hate religion and free to hate being dressed. Rather comical if you strip it of the irony!

KenPruitt
04-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Just now, you (unwittingly) noted part of the real problem the world is facing today.

Iceee
04-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Tsarnaev brothers' mother: My sons are innocent, this is a setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ARE9rclZCqw

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=ARE9rclZCqw">

KenPruitt
04-20-2013, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Tsarnaev brothers' mother: My sons are innocent, this is a setup
They all say that. Unfortunately, there are deeper problems here that aren't being dealt with.

Iceee
04-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Watch Live Link Below.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/boston-marathon-explosion/

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday, has been captured alive in the backyard of a Watertown home where he was hiding in a covered boat. An ambulance has arrived on the scene.

Boston Police Dept. @Boston_Police
In our time of rejoicing, let us not forget the families of Martin Richard, Lingzi Lu, Krystle Campbell and Officer Sean Collier.

A long line of local, state, and FBI vehicles are leaving the scene amidst a throng of cheering, waving residents. The cops respond by flashing their blue lights and popping their sirens.

Iceee
04-20-2013, 01:10 AM
deeper problems
^^^ C'mon, be more specific please and thanks.

Iceee
04-20-2013, 01:12 AM
'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody
By Chelsea J. Carter and Michael Pearson, CNN

updated 9:07 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

(CNN)
-- The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.

Law enforcement officials told CNN that authorities have confirmed the man in custody is 19-year-old Dzhokar Tsarnaev, who escaped a shootout with police in suburban Watertown that left his older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- the other man wanted in the bombings -- dead.

The younger Tsarnaev was in need of undisclosed medical care, the officials said.

After announcing on Twitter the suspect was in custody, Boston police tweeted "CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody."

The arrest came less than a week after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, shocking the nation and leaving a city on edge.

Tsarnaev was cornered late Friday on a boat in a yard of Watertown, a suburb of Boston.

Authorities "engaged" the man, according to one of the officials who spoke on condition of anonymity, just minutes after authorities indicated a manhunt for the suspect appeared to come up empty.

A CNN crew near the scene heard about two dozen gunshots fired, but it was not clear if the shots were fired by the suspect, authorities or both. A number of small explosions, believed to be stun grenades, also were heard.

Authorities, using a bullhorn, called on the suspect to surrender: "Come out with your hands up.
The development came after authorities cast a wide net for the suspect that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.

Bob Sakowitch was among a number of people who fled as shots were fired.
"It was unbelievable the amount of gunshots. I was scared. I was across the street. We all ran for cover," he said. "... I wouldn't ever want to see this again. It was bad."

More than 22 hours after the search focused on the younger brother, police officers in full body armor, carrying automatic weapons wrapped up their door-to-door search of the area, Col. Timothy Alben of the Massachusetts State Police said.

Gov. Deval Patrick, meanwhile, lifted an order that confined an estimated one million residents to their homes, urging people to "remain vigilant."

Bombing connection
The violence and subsequent manhunt began late Thursday just hours after the FBI released photos of the two suspects in the marathon bombings.

"Investigators are recovering a significant amount of homemade explosives" from the scene of the shootout, Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio told CNN.

It was not immediately clear what explosives were recovered, but the discovery followed a tense night in which authorities say the brothers allegedly hurled explosives at pursuers after killing an officer and hijacking a car.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was wearing explosives and a triggering device when he died, a source briefed on the investigation told CNN on condition of anonymity.

The search followed a violent night in which authorities say the two men allegedly hurled explosives at pursuers after killing Massachusetts Institute of Technology police Officer Sean Collier and hijacked a car.

With more than 200 rounds of ammunition and a number of explosives thrown during the chase and gunbattle, Patrick said the lockdown was necessary.

The manhunt brought Boston and its surrounds to a near standstill. The Boston Red Sox announced they were postponing Friday night's game against the Kansas City Royals "to support efforts of law enforcement officers." NHL's Boston Bruins also postponed its game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The city's subway, bus, Amtrak train and Greyhound and regional Bolt Bus services were shut down. Taxi service across the city also was suspended for a time during the manhunt. Every Boston area school was closed.

Boston's public transit authority sent city buses to Watertown to evacuate residents while bomb experts combed the surroundings for possible explosives.

Initially, authorities said the brothers started their rampage by robbing a convenience store. By late Friday, the Middlesex District Attorney's office backtracked on the allegation, saying an investigation determined that the robbery at a 7-Eleven was unrelated.

Officer killed
In Cambridge, across the Charles River from Boston, MIT officer Collier was shot and killed while he sat in his car, the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said in a statement.

The two suspects, according to authorities, then hijacked a vehicle at gunpoint in Cambridge, telling the driver that they were the marathon bombers, a law enforcement source told CNN on condition of anonymity.

At some point, apparently at a gas station, that source said, the driver escaped.

Police, who were tracking the vehicle using its built-in GPS system, picked up the chase in Watertown. The pursuit went into a residential neighborhood, with the suspects throwing explosives at police.
A shootout erupted and ultimately one bomber -- later identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- got out of the car. Police shot him, and his brother ran over him as he drove away, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Richard H. Donohue Jr., 33, a three-year veteran of the transit system police force, was shot and wounded in the incident and taken to a hospital, a transit police spokesman said Friday. The officer's condition was not immediately known.

Another 15 police officers were treated for minor injuries sustained during the explosions and shootout, Jennifer Kovalich, a spokeswoman for St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, said.

Suspects background
Police believe the brothers are the same men pictured in images released Thursday by the FBI as suspects in the marathon bombing that killed three people and wounded dozens on Monday.
The men are shown in the images walking together near the marathon finish line.

The first suspect -- apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to authorities -- appears in the images wearing a dark hat, sunglasses and a backpack. The second suspect, wearing a white cap, is the one who remains at large, police said.

But the mother of the Tsarnaev brothers refused to believe they were involved in the marathon bombings and subsequent shootout.

"It's impossible for them to do such things. I am really telling you that this is a setup," Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told state-run Russia Today from Dagestan.

"My son would never keep it in secret. ...If there is anyone who would know it would be me. He wouldn't hide it. But there was never a word."

The brothers came from the Russian Caucasus region and moved to Kazakhstan at a young age before coming to the United States several years ago.

"My youngest was raised from 8 years in America. My oldest was really properly raised in our house. Nobody talked about terrorism," their mother said.

The suspects' parents recently returned to Dagestan in the Caucasus region after living in the United States for about 10 years because they were "nostalgic," the father, Anzor Tsarnaev, told Russian state-run Zvezda TV.

He accused someone of framing his sons. "I don't know who exactly did it. But someone did."
A federal officialtold CNN that Dzhokar Tsarnaev came to the U.S. as a tourist with his family in the early 2000s and later asked for asylum. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2012. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was not a naturalized citizen, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. He came "a few years later" and was lawfully in the United States as a green-card holder.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev had studied at Bunker Hill Community College and wanted to become an engineer, according to those who knew him. He then took a year off to train as a boxer.

'I don't understand them'
The official said that a posting on a social media site in the elder brother's name included the comments: "I don't have a single American friend. I don't understand them."

Dzhokar Tsarnaev attended Cambridge Rindge & Latin, a public high school, said Eric Mercado, who graduated a year behind the suspect. Mercado said Tsarnaev had worked at Harvard University as a lifeguard.

"We hung out; we partied; we were good high school friends," Mercado told CNN.
"We're all, like, in shock. We don't really understand. There were no telltale signs of any kind of malicious behavior from Dzhokar. It's all coming as a shock, really."

Mercado said he lived a block away from the suspect and did not know his older brother.
Dzhokar Tsarnaev is currently registered as a student at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, which ordered its campus evacuated on Friday. The school is located 65 miles south of Cambridge, just west of New Bedford.

Larry Aaronson, Dzhokar Tsarnaev's neighbor and a former teacher at the high school Tsarnaev attended, called him a "wonderful kid."

"He was so grateful to be here, he was compassionate, he was caring, he was jovial," Aaronson told CNN

faithandpeace
04-20-2013, 01:14 AM
I don't believe a word the media or government says.

جوري
04-20-2013, 01:14 AM
He's got insider information to lawsuits, terrorist families, national security, gender segregation investigations..
Mods don't like it when you state the obvious, they consider it 'beef' so I'd approach with caution your next query to his source of unassailable knowledge.

Student1996
04-20-2013, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

To be honest, I actually did not feel sad. However, I do pitty those who had lost loved ones and I can sympathize for them. I may have came off a bit cold. It Is unfortunate that people had lost their lives, but please don't accuse me of 'not caring about western deaths because they don't care about muslim deaths' Because I dont think like that.

جوري
04-20-2013, 01:20 AM
an informative article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/op...zens.html?_r=0

KenPruitt
04-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Wouldn't do me any good. No one would listen if I did.

Iceee
04-20-2013, 01:24 AM
No one
I will, and so will all the other members on the forums. I'm looking forward to what you have to say.

Peace.

Student1996
04-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Tyrion, adding to my response, I must make it clear that there are a lot of things that don't sadden me, and many things that wouldn't make me happy. Unfortunately I can say that the media has desensitized many of us including me. As humans tend to have a violent nature, stuff like this never surprises me. I am among many peaceful people who live in a violent world.

IAmZamzam
04-20-2013, 01:55 AM
CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody.

What is this, a Keystone Kops movie??!

(Actually no, they didn't take themselves that seriously. In the silent era.)

KenPruitt
04-20-2013, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
(Actually no, they didn't take themselves that seriously. In the silent era.)
Sometimes, I wish the media would be silent....

IAmZamzam
04-20-2013, 02:34 AM
Well that’s it, then. I mean, granted, nobody’s really proven yet that this is really Tsarnaev’s Twitter account (EDIT: I can't get a direct link in there, so just click on "what these tweets tell us etc."--be careful not to scroll too far down or you might see a woman in very tight pants), or even that he did it in the first place, but it doesn’t even matter. That his tweets also say “get women, acquire currency”, and, “you don’t care that I smoke, right?” will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on anyone either. Not one iota. Every generation has its big bad boogeyman for bigots and we happen to fall under that hat now. In the fifties it was Communists. In Victorian times it was pornographers. Now it’s Muslims—and Arabs, by association. (And of course in every era it’s Jews as well but that goes without saying.) People already made up their minds about us within about five minutes of 9/11. Before that, really. They just need some event like this to pull the trigger, to bring their subconscious beliefs and emotions to the surface. And now they once again have it and the results will not be pretty. They never are. We’ve already seen some of them posted in this very thread, and it will only get worse. Just bear in mind what the final result will be in the hereafter and you will have no cause for misery.

جوري
04-20-2013, 02:39 AM
^^ probably the best post I have seen from you!

faithandpeace
04-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Martial law in Boston and police going door to door without warrants. School/work shootings and all these bombings become social engineering and conditioning projects by those in power to transform this country into a fascist state. Of course they are afraid of those who submit to Allah (swt). They want total and absolute submission to Uncle Sam and its partners. Don't think for yourself and try to be a good person. Just sit down in front of the TV and shut up and then go and buy whatever is on the screen without question. American culture is morally bankrupt. The public wants endless guarantees that Sandy Hook's, Boston Marathon's, and 9/11's won't happen. Guaranteed safety and comfort at all times. It is tragic that such senseless loss of lives happen. However, the world doesn't operate off of guarantees and entitlements. People who want peace and happiness should seek it through submission to Allah and Allah only. Our society for the most part has replaced Allah with corporate logos and submission to the state. Those things do not bring peace and happiness but a culture of fear and ignorance. American society is barely a thread away from a full descent into mass hysteria. This is not an accident. Every good occasion as well as horrible tragedy is an opportunity to learn and grow as individuals and as a society. It is up to us to head down the straight path or go astray. American society is heading the same direction as Roman society did--down the wrong path. May Allah (swt) guide us to the straight path. Ameen.

CosmicPathos
04-20-2013, 03:36 AM
isnt this a proof for American Muslims that they are not really American? If they were, they would not have been targeted like this again and again by the people of that country.

glo
04-20-2013, 05:49 AM
This week in an Iraq cafe 32 (Not 3) were killed in a suicide bombing. 65 were wounded. Who cares right?
I do care.
There has been a spate of suicide bombings in Iraq again. Do we know who the terrorists are who commit these crimes? Are they brought to justice?
Perhaps it is worth another thread in the World Affairs section, because although these attacks are reported in the media, one rarely hears of the outcome and whether the criminals were caught ...

Salaam

MustafaMc
04-20-2013, 06:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by faithandpeace
Martial law in Boston and police going door to door without warrants. School/work shootings and all these bombings become social engineering and conditioning projects by those in power to transform this country into a fascist state.
Some may see a connection between Waco, Ruby Ridge, OK City, 9/11, DC sniper, anthrax mailings, Shady Hook, Boston marathon, Patriot Act, NDAA, Iraq, Afganistan, etc that paints an ugly 'fascist state' picture and others may not see any connection between any of them whatsoever and rather see a completely different world-view picture.

Independent
04-20-2013, 09:01 AM
This has happened in Ireland too

I live in Ireland which, as you may know, was the scene of many years of terrorism both here and across the water in the UK. I see some parallels with what is happening now.

I won’t go into the complexities of the issues at stake because that's not important here. The key comparison I want to make is with the way Irish people were treated during the ‘Troubles’, as the era was called. Many bombs were planted in London and other cities over a period of many years, most of which caused civilian casualties. Not surprisingly feelings ran very high. (I had a narrow escape myself.) Yes, you did get everyday Irish people being asked if they that was a bomb in their shopping bag. It wasn’t pleasant but I don’t think you’ll find any country in the world that wouldn’t react in similar ways (and possibly much worse). Muslim countries are no different.

There were then, and still are today, many people of Irish descent or nationality living in the UK. At times they experienced negative reactions. Although they were not especially marked out by appearance (as some Muslims are in the US) Irish people have a very distinctive accent. Certainly, there was a time when a Northern Irish accent was not a good thing to have.

Unfortunately, many English people could not tell the difference between a Southern and Northern Irish accent, so many southerners also became objects of suspicion. Also, ironically, half of the Northern Ireland population are Protestants who are loyal to the UK – yet they too were mistaken for being potential Catholic terrorists (the IRA).

The effect of this was that many plainly innocent Irish people experienced discrimination and negative reaction - just as innocent Muslims are today. In fact this is one of the objectives of the terrorists. The IRA knew perfectly well that their actions would make life very difficult for moderate Irish people living in the UK. They hoped that this discrimination would itself radicalize more people and drive them into a more extreme mindframe. The same tactic can be seen with Muslim terrorist groups today. You have to say it's working.

Irish people became objects of suspicion (and there were many, many more bombs than America has so far experienced so the provocation was far greater). However, it was never so bad that Irish people felt they had to leave the country in any noticeable numbers.

What is truly remarkable is how quickly that anti-Irish prejudice has passed. The Troubles have been over for about 10 years (apart from isolated incidents). Irish people have not only rapidly ceased to be regarded as security risks, but Ireland has even experienced a kind of weird ‘trendy’ phase (although that is also passing as these things do). You will find many English people who positively identify themselves as being Irish, even though their relationship is minimal. Being Irish is popular. Even in the very cities that were bombed.

For that reason I think the anti Muslim sentiment in the US can pass very quickly in the future, if other conditions fall into line.

جوري
04-20-2013, 09:09 AM
^ only. Decent post I've seen from you- humanizes you for a change!

islamica
04-20-2013, 09:28 AM
images?qtbnANd9GcR9mv5xKxhnU7D8OJOSl8bjvz4ksWAZvbA Wtq1vi4Sn7jQvyf4S -

LauraS
04-20-2013, 11:03 AM
So I suppose in the same way Americans are being accused of blindly following the media and believing the men are guilty some Muslims are already jumping on the conspiracy theory train and assuming they're innocent. Or hoping.

sister herb
04-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Salam alaykum

American goverment should give in budget more money to mentaly problems and less to new wars. I have seen that almost every presidents there leave to history about amount of wars they have started. Not only victims haven´t been in others countries but also American soldiers.

imsad

They blood is as valuable to themselves and to they relative like everyone elses.

Jedi_Mindset
04-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Salam alaykum

American goverment should give in budget more money to mentaly problems and less to new wars. I have seen that almost every presidents there leave to history about amount of wars they have started. Not only victims haven´t been in others countries but also American soldiers.

imsad

They blood is as valuable to themselves and to they relative like everyone elses.
America doesnt care about its people, it only cares about its neocon policy at the behest of zionists.
The soldiers or america's allies in general are just pawns to be used.

جوري
04-20-2013, 12:46 PM

as deviant as the Iranians are it would be a very dumb move if the US were to invade. They've nuclear capabilities and see organized and extremely intelligent at warfare plus can easy ally with n Korea and china we're looking at WW3 if a stupid move like that is to be made.
Statesman line their soldiers and the people of everywhere suffer - sobhan Allah we will have to watch and see!

Vito
04-20-2013, 01:19 PM
If a teenager was able to shutdown the city of Boston while sending probably hundreds of law enforcement and even military personnel going street to street and house to house looking for him, I can only imagine what would happen if a group or groups of people carried out a planned attack across the entire nation. Attack Iran? Yea, I'd probably hold off on that.

glo
04-20-2013, 02:03 PM

I live in Ireland which, as you may know, was the scene of many years of terrorism both here and across the water in the UK. I see some parallels with what is happening now.

I won’t go into the complexities of the issues at stake because that's not important here. The key comparison I want to make is with the way Irish people were treated during the ‘Troubles’, as the era was called. Many bombs were planted in London and other cities over a period of many years, most of which caused civilian casualties. Not surprisingly feelings ran very high. (I had a narrow escape myself.) Yes, you did get everyday Irish people being asked if they that was a bomb in their shopping bag. It wasn’t pleasant but I don’t think you’ll find any country in the world that wouldn’t react in similar ways (and possibly much worse). Muslim countries are no different.

There were then, and still are today, many people of Irish descent or nationality living in the UK. At times they experienced negative reactions. Although they were not especially marked out by appearance (as some Muslims are in the US) Irish people have a very distinctive accent. Certainly, there was a time when a Northern Irish accent was not a good thing to have.

Unfortunately, many English people could not tell the difference between a Southern and Northern Irish accent, so many southerners also became objects of suspicion. Also, ironically, half of the Northern Ireland population are Protestants who are loyal to the UK – yet they too were mistaken for being potential Catholic terrorists (the IRA).

The effect of this was that many plainly innocent Irish people experienced discrimination and negative reaction - just as innocent Muslims are today. In fact this is one of the objectives of the terrorists. The IRA knew perfectly well that their actions would make life very difficult for moderate Irish people living in the UK. They hoped that this discrimination would itself radicalize more people and drive them into a more extreme mindframe. The same tactic can be seen with Muslim terrorist groups today. You have to say it's working.

Irish people became objects of suspicion (and there were many, many more bombs than America has so far experienced so the provocation was far greater). However, it was never so bad that Irish people felt they had to leave the country in any noticeable numbers.

What is truly remarkable is how quickly that anti-Irish prejudice has passed. The Troubles have been over for about 10 years (apart from isolated incidents). Irish people have not only rapidly ceased to be regarded as security risks, but Ireland has even experienced a kind of weird ‘trendy’ phase (although that is also passing as these things do). You will find many English people who positively identify themselves as being Irish, even though their relationship is minimal. Being Irish is popular. Even in the very cities that were bombed.

For that reason I think the anti Muslim sentiment in the US can pass very quickly in the future, if other conditions fall into line.
Great post, Independent.
I especially like the positive outlook of the last paragraph.

Did Irish people feel persecuted and discriminated against back then, as (some) Muslims seem to feel today?

glo
04-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Perhaps this should go in the Puzzles and Humour section, but I thought this thread needed a little cheering up. ;D

Futuwwa
04-20-2013, 05:50 PM
So I suppose in the same way Americans are being accused of blindly following the media and believing the men are guilty some Muslims are already jumping on the conspiracy theory train and assuming they're innocent. Or hoping.
True dat. It's funny how some who deride everyone else of being a brainwashed slave of "Western-Zionist media" uncritically jump on and embrace any conspiracy theory as long as it offers an apparently valid explanation that conforms to their preconceived idea of who history's good and bad guys are.

glo
04-20-2013, 06:18 PM
True dat. It's funny how some who deride everyone else of being a brainwashed slave of "Western-Zionist media" uncritically jump on and embrace any conspiracy theory as long as it offers an apparently valid explanation that conforms to their preconceived idea of who history's good and bad guys are.
I think it shown that people just like to have their own beliefs and hopes confirmed - even to the point of ignoring any contradicting evidence.

Sometimes it is painful to accept the truth.

sister herb
04-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Salam alaykum

I am member in one Irish forum (oops it is actually forum of IRA and they accept there muslims member! :D ) . They call me there as Cara - Friend.

:statisfie

To there I post human right matters - mostly from Palestine. Why not from somewhere else places.

Your post was great. Thanks about it, Independent.

IAmZamzam
04-20-2013, 07:41 PM
And who are the bad guys? Americans and Jews. I'm becoming increasingly certain that "Zionist" and "western" are just code for this. A smokescreen. Euphemisms serving as subconscious padding so that people won't have to accept the fact of their bigotry. Maybe not for everyone, I suppose, but the more a person is using the terms the more likely it is to be true. That's what I'm starting to think, anyway. It's getting harder and harder to avoid the conclusion the more I see. That is not to say that Zionism is a good thing or that the west is magically free of problems so kindly spare me your defensive straw man attacks: I can smell them a mile away at this point. It's just that it's becoming equally easy to smell the euphemisms of deeply hateful people. Although I admit nothing will ever raise the alarm bells to me that the vituperative use of "politically correct" always does so as long as you stay away from that one my brain won't automatically put a little check mark next to you.

sister herb
04-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Salam alaykum

Jews are not bad guys - Zionist might be. Remember Naturei Karta and Jew human right workers!

http://www.nkusa.org/

They try to send ambulances to Gaza.

Christians are not bad guys - some may be racists but anyone others might be same.

Muslims are not bad guys - those whose use violence have left from any religion.

Do not kill! One of the 10 commandments of Chistianity. Same is said also in the Quran.

Stop generalization.

Mustafa2012
04-20-2013, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab
muslim doctor attacked to boston over marathon bombings
Heba Abolaban, Muslim Woman, Says She Was Attacked Over Boston Bombings (PHOTO)The Huffington Post | By Hunter Stuart

Posted: 04/18/2013 7:46 pm EDT
A Muslim woman wearing a hijab said she was attacked in the Boston area by a man who shouted that Muslims had perpetrated the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded about 170 Monday.
Heba Abolaban, a Palestinian doctor who immigrated to the United States from Syria, says she was punched in the shoulder in Malden, Mass., on Wednesday by a man who shouted "F*** you Muslims!" and "You are involved in the Boston explosions," according to the Malden Patch.
The man, described as a white male in his 30s, allegedly shouted at Abolaban for about two minutes before continuing on his way, Patch reports.
Police Chief Kevin Molis told the Boston Globe the department was looking for the suspect.
“No investigative strategy will be overlooked in order to determine who’s responsible for this,” Molis said. “This is something that as a city and as a police department we take seriously.”
Immediately after the bombs went off on Monday, police questioned a Saudi Arabian man who had burns on his hands, CBS News reported. The man's apartment, located in Revere, Mass., was searched by investigators, but he was later cleared.
While some conservative commentators, such as radio host Glenn Beck, have speculated that Middle Easterners were behind Monday's attacks, the nationalities of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects were still unknown as of Thursday afternoon. The FBI released photos of two suspects on Thursday and enlisted the public's help in tracking them down. No arrests had been made as this article was published.
Visit Malden Patch and the Boston Globe for more information on the story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009

:salam:

Was he trying to be patriotic by punching a defenceless woman walking with her baby?

What an idiot and what a coward he is!

I'd love to see him try doing that to a man his size.

Jedi_Mindset
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012

Was he trying to be patriotic by punching a defenceless woman walking with her baby?

What an idiot and what a coward he is!

I'd love to see him try doing that to a man his size.
Kufar are always cowards, they only attack when you are weak, or defenseless, in that case when they wear weapons or are with an group. EDL here when they visited holland and thought they could gain support here were chased off only by a few muslim moroccans. Maybe not the right answer though, but it was needed.

Let them pick on us brothers but not our sisters insha'Allah. The most ironically is that they claim we beat women et cetera while they are the very first ones to do it as what was proven in this act - hypocrites

Mustafa2012
04-20-2013, 10:01 PM
It is sad to see innocent lives being taken no matter what background or religion the victims are from.

The ignorant people that carry out these attacks in the name of religion probably don't realise that the average citizen has no control over foreign policy. That is decided by members of the government.

However I think what many on this thread have been saying is that the coverage that this and other events like this are getting are highly disproportionate compared to the coverage of bombings and attacks in other countries namely those in Muslim countries as these countries seem to be most affected by bombings by Western Powers or what is known as state sponsored terrorism including attacks by puppet dictators on their own people.

Some people on this thread seem to have a problem with a certain image of how attacks on Muslims around the world are ignored while an attack that leaves just 3 dead is given so much airtime.

You probably have a point there but if you're so concerned about political correctness then why do you always expect us to be all inclusive when your own media are so biased by default? Why don't you also ask them be more inclusive of other atrocities around the world just like they are so concerned about the atrocities in their own back yard?

Why hold us to such high standards when you don't hold your own people or media to the same standards?

It appears that Muslim blood has become much cheaper than that of a follower of any other religion or a citizen of a non Arab country.

sister herb
04-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Salam alaykum

I wonder what even means a muslim blood. Is it something different than for example a Christian blood, Jew blood or Hindu blood?

^o)

Iceee
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
It appears that Muslim blood has become much cheaper than that of a follower of any other religion or a citizen of a non Arab country.
Exactly my thoughts.
But no, Muslims' blood is NOT cheap
We are tested in this world,but in the afterlife we will be grateful that we have been tested, InshaAllah :)

LauraS
04-20-2013, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Kufar are always cowards, they only attack when you are weak, or defenseless,
If you said that particular man was a coward then I would agree with you. :rolleyes:

So what do you think about the western Zionist anti-Muslim lying media reporting this event? Suddenly they are a reputable source of information reporting the truth. As soon as they mention the Boston suspects they will be bad again.

IAmZamzam
04-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Guys, when are you going to learn that the actual problem with the media around here is that it's a megacorporate, ultracapitalist entity? Run mainly by miserly, white stuffedshirts from primarily Christian backgrounds who probably don't even know the word "Zionist"? If you're going to demonize the western media, hey, I'm right behind you--but for heaven's sake do it for the right reasons!

Still don't believe me? Here's a recent tweet by Rupert Murdoch: Amazing UK High Court decision recognising rabbinical divorce law, now Sharia law certain next. What sort of society, if any, will emerge?

islamica
04-21-2013, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
Guys, when are you going to learn that the actual problem with the media around here is that it's a megacorporate, ultracapitalist entity? Run mainly by miserly, white stuffedshirts from primarily Christian backgrounds who probably don't even know the word "Zionist"? If you're going to demonize the western media, hey, I'm right behind you--but for heaven's sake do it for the right reasons!

Still don't believe me? Here's a recent tweet by Rupert Murdoch: Amazing UK High Court decision recognising rabbinical divorce law, now Sharia law certain next. What sort of society, if any, will emerge?

Six Jewish Companies Control 96% of the World's Media

There are plenty of other sources as well if you want to google them.

islamica
04-21-2013, 02:05 AM

IAmZamzam
04-21-2013, 02:20 AM
By permitting the Jews to control our news and entertainment media, we are doing more than merely giving them a decisive influence on our political system and virtual control of our government; we also are giving them control of the minds and souls of our children, whose attitudes and ideas are shaped more by Jewish television and Jewish films than by their parents, their schools, or any other influence.

Global Zionism and The New World Order

Good.

Gravy.

abo mussaab
04-21-2013, 02:55 AM

abo mussaab
04-21-2013, 03:11 AM
U.S. accuses Tsarnayevs brothers as 'terrorists' Boston -

BOSTON - The U.S. government has declared two brothers - Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnayevs - native Dagestan and Kirghizstan, ethnic Chechens, as "suspects" Boston Bomb blast, reports KC on Friday (04/19/2013).

Meanwhile, some experts suggest that the only factor that seems to have been considered as evidence by the American researcher simply because the young men carrying backpacks seen by CCTV cameras.

Clearly, Americans chose to perform continuous checks on people with backpacks on the Boston streets on the day of the incident.

Since then, several people were arrested, but later released. However, what's really going on Tsarnayev?

Tamerlan Tsarnaev (26) was shot dead by police in Boston, while his sister Dzhokar (19) at large, writes Interfax .

Tsarnayev reports that two brothers attacked a police car, and hostage-taking as well as doing many other things, and instead keep and wait for the situation subsides after the explosion, it seems very strange.

The two brothers were not living in Chechnya, and the youngest was born in Kyrgyzstan. From there, they emigrated to the United States. Reporting from the page on the Russian social network " Vkontakte ", Dzhokhar Tsarnayev (19) is very far from the picture of an" Islamic terrorists ". As the main credo, he wants his professional career success.

On the website of Cambridge Rindge & Latin School, where Tsarnayev study, noted that in February 2011, he was given the title of Athlete of the Month .

As for her brother, Tamerlan Tsarnayev (26), it turns out he was professionally trained as a boxer and was preparing to join the U.S. Olympic team.

According to his own statement, because Chechnya is not an independent country, he played for the United States, not to Russia. The information contained on the central organization profile Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts, where she received training in boxing.

It is also reviewed in the photo gallery Tsarnayev training. There is mentioned, he would rather play for the United States than for the Russian team. The boxer also added that he could not get into the team because he does not have American citizenship, but he hopes to get it later.

In a conversation with a photographer, the athlete also said that he is ready to play for Chechen independence only if Chechnya.

Tamerlan Tsarnayev lived in the U.S. since 2002 or 2003. He studied engineering at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston.(Banan / arrahmah.com )

abo mussaab
04-21-2013, 04:11 AM
"A vitally important and thoroughly documented new report on the impact of Obama's drone campaign has just been released by researchers at NYU School of Law and Stanford University Law School. Entitled "Living Under Drones: Death, Injury and Trauma to Civilians From US Drone Practices in Pakistan", the report details the terrorizing effects of Obama's drone assaults as well as the numerous, highly misleading public statements from administration officials about that campaign. The study's purpose was to conduct an "independent investigations into whether, and to what extent, drone strikes in Pakistan conformed to international law and caused harm and/or injury to civilians".

The report is "based on over 130 detailed interviews with victims and witnesses of drone activity, their family members, current and former Pakistani government officials, representatives from five major Pakistani political parties, subject matter experts, lawyers, medical professionals, development and humanitarian workers, members of civil society, academics, and journalists." Witnesses "provided first-hand accounts of drone strikes, and provided testimony about a range of issues, including the missile strikes themselves, the strike sites, the victims' bodies, or a family member or members killed or injured in the strike"."

"It is a campaign of terror - highly effective terror - regardless of what noble progressive sentiments one wishes to believe reside in the heart of the leader ordering it. And that's precisely why the report, to its great credit, uses that term to describe the Obama policy: the drone campaign "terrorizes men, women, and children".

Along the same lines, note that the report confirms what had already been previously documented: the Obama campaign's despicable (and likely criminal) targeting of rescuers who arrive to provide aid to the victims of the original strike. Noting that even funerals of drone victims have been targeted under Obama, the report documents that the US has "made family members afraid to attend funerals"."

"In the hierarchy of war crimes, deliberately targeting rescuers and funerals - so that aid workers are petrified to treat the wounded and family members are intimidated out of mourning their loved ones - ranks rather high, to put that mildly. Indeed, the US itself has long maintained that such "secondary strikes" are a prime hallmark of some of the world's most despised terrorist groups."

"A one-day attack on US soil eleven years ago unleashed a never-ending campaign of violence around the world from the target and its allies. Is it really a challenge to understand that continuous bombings and civilian-killing assaults over many years, in many Muslim countries, will generate the same desire for aggression and vengeance against the US?"

http://tinyurl.com/bsbcays

"A UN committee has expressed "alarm" over reports that hundreds of children have been killed by US military forces in Afghanistan in the past five years.

US forces in Afghanistan (USFOR-A), which leads the NATO fight against Taliban insurgents, dismissed the committee's concerns as "categorically unfounded".

The Geneva-based Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) said the deaths were "due notably to reported lack of precautionary measures and indiscriminate use of force". It gave no precise statistics.

NATO forces had reduced civilian casualties by 49 percent in 2012 compared with 2011 and the number of children killed or wounded in air strikes had dropped by nearly 40 percent in the same period, said a statement from USFOR-A.

A UN report in April last year said 110 children were killed and 68 wounded in air strikes conducted by US-led NATO and Afghan forces in 2011.

The committee's report also expressed concern that troops responsible for the killing of children had not always been held accountable and that family grievances had not been redressed.

The US forces statement said that in each case in which civilians are killed, "military officials make every effort to meet with the families of those we have harmed and to express our condolences personally".

The CRC's comments came after a five-yearly review of US compliance with an international treaty on the involvement of children in armed conflict.

It said it was "alarmed at reports of the death of hundreds of children as a result of attacks and air strikes by the US military forces in Afghanistan over the reporting period".

"The committee expresses grave concern that in fact the number of casualties of children doubled from 2010 to 2011."

"The US can and should do more to protect children affected by armed conflict," said Jo Becker, children's rights advocacy director at Human Rights Watch, a watchdog based in New York."

http://tinyurl.com/cmqsh9t

"In 2005, President George W. Bush placed the number of civilians killed since the U.S.-led 2003 Iraq invasion at "30,000 Iraqis, more or less".

The following year, Bush was asked at a news conference about a peer-reviewed study released at the time by The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Al Mustansiriya University in Baghdad which claimed that 655,000 Iraqis had been killed since the conflict began.

Although Bush dismissed the report due to "discredited" methodology, academics and researchers at the time felt the methods used were "tried and true"; "sound"; and "solid"."

http://tinyurl.com/cw23w99

"Dramatic increases in infant mortality, cancer and leukaemia in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, which was bombarded by US Marines in 2004, exceed those reported by survivors of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, according to a new study.

Iraqi doctors in Fallujah have complained since 2005 of being overwhelmed by the number of babies with serious birth defects, ranging from a girl born with two heads to paralysis of the lower limbs. They said they were also seeing far more cancers than they did before the battle for Fallujah between US troops and insurgents.

Their claims have been supported by a survey showing a four-fold increase in all cancers and a 12-fold increase in childhood cancer in under-14s. Infant mortality in the city is more than four times higher than in neighbouring Jordan and eight times higher than in Kuwait."

http://tinyurl.com/2cqbnkk

"The war on terrorism looks set to surpass the costs the Korean and Vietnam wars combined, topped only by World War II's price tag of $3.5 trillion.

The cost of sending a single soldier to fight for a year in Afghanistan or Iraq is about $775,000 — three times more than in other recent wars, says a new report from the private but authoritative Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA). A large chunk of the increase is a result of the Administration's cramming new military hardware into the emergency budget bills it has been using to pay for the wars. (See pictures of U.S. troops in Iraq.)

These costs, of course, pale alongside the price paid by the nearly 5,000 U.S. troops who have lost their lives in the conflicts — not to mention the wounded — and the families of all the casualties. And President Bush insists that their sacrifice and the expenditure on the wars have helped prevent a repeat of 9/11. "We could not afford to wait for the terrorists to attack again," he said last week at the Army War College. "So we launched a global campaign to take the fight to the terrorists abroad, to dismantle their networks, to dry up their financing and find their leaders and bring them to justice."

But many Americans may suffer a moment of sticker shock from the conclusions of the CSBA report and similar assessments from the Government Accounting Office (GAO) and Congressional Research Service (CRS), which make clear that the nearly $1 trillion already spent is only a down payment on the war's long-term costs. The trillion-dollare figure does not, for example, include long-term health care for veterans, thousands of whom have suffered crippling wounds, or the interest payments on the money borrowed by the Federal Government to fund the war. The bottom lines of the three assessments vary: the CSBA study says $904 billion has been spent so far, while the GAO says the Pentagon alone has spent $808 billion through last September. The CRS study says the wars have cost $864 billion, but CRS didn't factor inflation into its calculations.

Sifting through Pentagon data, the CSBA study breaks down the total costs of the war on terrorism as $687 billion for Iraq, $184 billion for Afghanistan and $33 billion for homeland security. By 2018, depending on how many U.S. troops remain in Afghanistan and Iraq, the total cost is projected to likely be between $1.3 trillion and $1.7 trillion. On the safe assumption that the wars are being waged with borrowed money, interest payments raise the cost by an additional $600 billion through 2018."

http://tinyurl.com/6subg5

"The U.S., in other words, is probably in less danger from external enemies than at any moment in the last century. There is no other imperial power on the planet capable of, or desirous of, taking on American power directly, including China. It’s true that, on September 11, 2001, 19 hijackers with box cutters produced a remarkable, apocalyptic, and devastating TV show in which almost 3,000 people died. When those giant towers in downtown New York collapsed, it certainly had the look of nuclear disaster (and in those first days, the media was filled was nuclear-style references), but it wasn’t actually an apocalyptic event.

The enemy was still nearly nonexistent. The act cost bin Laden only an estimated $400,000-$500,000, though it would lead to a series of trillion-dollar wars. It was a nightmarish event that had a malign Wizard of Oz quality to it: a tiny man producing giant effects. It in no way endangered the state. In fact, it would actually strengthen many of its powers. It put a hit on the economy, but a passing one. It was a spectacular and spectacularly gruesome act of terror by a small, murderous organization then capable of mounting a major operation somewhere on Earth only once every couple of years. It was meant to spread fear, but nothing more.

When the towers came down and you could suddenly see to the horizon, it was still, in historical terms, remarkably enemy-less. And yet 9/11 was experienced here as a Pearl Harbor moment — a sneak attack by a terrifying enemy meant to disable the country. The next day, newspaper headlines were filled with variations on “A Pearl Harbor of the Twenty-First Century.” If it was a repeat of December 7, 1941, however, it lacked an imperial Japan or any other state to declare war on, although one of the weakest partial states on the planet, the Taliban’s Afghanistan, would end up filling the bill adequately enough for Americans.

To put this in perspective, consider two obvious major dangers in U.S. life: suicide by gun and death by car. In 2010, more than 19,000 Americans killed themselves using guns. (In the same year, there were “only” 11,000 homicides nationwide.) In 2011, 32,000 Americans died in traffic accidents (the lowest figure in 60 years, though it was again on the rise in the first six months of 2012). In other words, Americans accept without blinking the equivalent yearly of more than six 9/11s in suicides-by-gun and more than 10 when it comes to vehicular deaths. Similarly, had the underwear bomber, to take one post-9/11 example of terrorism, succeeded in downing Flight 253 and murdering its 290 passengers, it would have been a horrific act of terror; but he and his compatriots would have had to bring down 65 planes to reach the annual level of weaponized suicides and more than 110 planes for vehicular deaths.

And yet no one has declared war on either the car or the gun (or the companies that make them or the people who sell them). No one has built a massive,nearly trillion-dollar car-and-gun-security-complex to deal with them. In the case of guns, quite the opposite is true, as the post-Newtown debate over gun control has made all too clear. On both scores, Americans have decided to live with perfectly real dangers and the staggering carnage that accompanies them, constraining them on occasion or sometimes not at all.

Despite the carnage of 9/11, terrorism has been a small-scale American danger in the years since, worse than shark attacks, but not much else. Like a wizard, however, what Osama bin Laden and his suicide bombers did that day was create an instant sense of an enemy so big, so powerful, that Americans found “war” a reasonable response; big enough for those who wanted an international police action against al-Qaeda to be laughed out of the room; big enough to launch an invasion of revenge against Iraq, a country unrelated to al-Qaeda; big enough, in fact, to essentially declare war on the world. It took next to no time for top administration officials to begin talking about targeting 60 countries, and as journalist Ron Suskind has reported, within six days of the attack, the CIA had topped that figure, presenting President Bush with a “Worldwide Attack Matrix,” a plan that targeted terrorists in 80 countries.

What’s remarkable is how little the disjuncture between the scope and scale of the global war that was almost instantly launched and the actual enemy at hand was ever noted here. You could certainly make a reasonable argument that, in these years, Washington has largely fought no one — and lost. Everywhere it went, it created enemies who had, previously, hardly existed and the process is ongoing. Had you been able to time-travel back to the Cold War era to inform Americans that, in the future, our major enemies would be in Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, Mali, Libya, and so on, they would surely have thought you mad (or lucky indeed)."

http://tinyurl.com/bu5sfwm

abo mussaab
04-21-2013, 06:10 AM

KAding
04-21-2013, 10:11 AM
A sad truth. I cannot even remember the last time I've seen a post in the World Affairs section about a car bombing in Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan. It does not appear garner much interest anywhere, not even among Muslims.

glo
04-21-2013, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
A sad truth. I cannot even remember the last time I've seen a post in the World Affairs section about a car bombing in Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan. It does not appear garner much interest anywhere, not even among Muslims.
Either that or those threads are not approved.

Muhammad
04-21-2013, 11:03 AM
World Affairs is not as active as it used to be, so it's hardly a measure of which news items Muslims are interested in. In general, the threads started on a forum should not be taken to represent Muslims as a whole, especially when only a handful of people frequent it.

M.I.A.
04-21-2013, 12:20 PM
forget terrorism for a moment.

could any of you see yourselves living under the governments of those you feel apathy for? ...if they were finally established.

?

what sort of rights would you have?

what sort of rights would your niegbour have?

what sort of rights would your children have?

i live under a western government that some would have hate for.

and i can say the law treats most people equally.

if you keep clean, you will stay clean.

in terms of government and its role in foriegn policy.

who would you choose to intervene on behalf of muslims in need?

how have they done so far?

and finally how about iraq?

a long history of violence and segregation that can no longer be blamed on the countries leader.

....the people feel no apathy.

if they did they would have found a better way.

a better leader.

as is they explode at the littlest provacation?

to me it sounds like it was a test of religion all along.

at what point do people stop and think twice for the sake of allah swt.

or do you want to see the perpetual circle of violence continue.

are dead isrealy kids and palestinian kids any different?

until there parents make them.

until there niegbours make them.

Perseveranze
04-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

“The believer reserves judgement until the matter is proven.” - Al-Hasan al-Basri

“This means, it is a bad way to reach one’s objective, by saying, ‘they say…’. Saying ‘they say…’ is akin to conjecture, i.e., the worst habit of a man is to use the phrase ‘they say’ to serve his purposes, so he tells of something, merely repeating what others have said without verifying it, and thus he transmits lies … this was the view of al-Manaawi.” - Al-‘Azeemabaadi

جوري
04-21-2013, 04:48 PM

MustafaMc
04-21-2013, 05:35 PM
This article raises some interesting questions regarding the possibility of Craft International (Blackwater-style) personnel on site. This article is either mis-information or a slippage of truth that got through the mainstream approved media. If it was really Craft International personnel at the finish line, then why were they so dumb as to wear clothing that would obviously identify them as such?

"On April 17, Anthony Gucciardi headlined “Craft International Private Military Forces at Boston Marathon?”

Images showed two men “with earpieces and military-esque gear….(T)hey may likely be employees of the Blackwater-style private military/security firm Craft International.”

Their attire was later “revealed to be standard issue Craft International clothing.” The skull logo on one man’s cap identifies Craft.

Why were both men and others with them in Boston? Images show around 10 wearing similar attire. Nearly all had on black backpacks. They resembled those alleged to contain pressure cooker bombs.

Investigators said they contained explosives, nails and ball bearings. They detonated moments apart.

Four or more Craft operatives wore tan combat boots, tan BDUs (battle dress uniforms), black jackets, and had tactical communications gear. At least one had an “inspector radiation alert.” It’s used to detect dirty bomb or nuclear attack emissions.

Why were they near the marathon’s finish line? Perhaps their mission was a black ops. They’re experts in these type operations.

Why did FBI operatives join them? Images show them talking. An FBI truck was visible. Why were FBI agents searching for one bombing suspect before the incident took place?

These and related questions demand answers. Coverup and denial reflect official policy. Vital facts are suppressed. What’s most important isn’t reported.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/boston-...terror/5332223

Naeema
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
As someone who gets her news from the Boston-based news media, I'd just like to point out that while we did not get details about the deaths from bombings in Iraq this week, neither did we get much news about the fertilizer factory explosion in Texas (est 20 dead, 200 injured), the earthquake in China (an absolute horror), the devastation in Pakistan from that area's quake, the massive flooding on the Mississippi River, or any other news. Any other week, the coffee shop bomb in Bagdhad would have been one of the first three stories on the news. Any other week, the quakes, fertilizer factory, or the flooding would have been extensively covered (2+ stories in an hour). The Boston bombing absolutely took control of the news here, unlike anything I've seen since the Red Sox won the pennant after 86 years.

As to the sister attacked in Malden, the officials are taking it quite seriously. The police response was rapid. The police chief and mayor have been in contact with her and her family, as well as the Muslim community in the area. After Jummah, the chief of police visited the masjid there and spoke with the brothers in the community. I beleve they really do want to catch that guy and that they do not want the attack repeated.

Vito
04-21-2013, 07:13 PM
This article raises some interesting questions regarding the possibility of Craft International (Blackwater-style) personnel on site. This article is either mis-information or a slippage of truth that got through the mainstream approved media. If it was really Craft International personnel at the finish line, then why were they so dumb as to wear clothing that would obviously identify them as such?
Not sure if this was talked about here but, in addition to what you typed, I remember they interviewed a runner shortly after the bombing and they talked about how they saw snipers on top of the buildings near the finish line all before the bombing took place. I guess this sort of supports what you've just posted.

glo
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I came across this open letter today. I don;t know how it will be received, but I will share it here anyway.

Dear Dzhokhar,

You don’t know me, but you tried to kill my family.

You couldn’t have known, but my brother ran bandit in the marathon and trained for months. My sister in law was an amazing and supportive wife as she always is and was ready to run the last 5 miles with him.. Your bomb was at the finish line that they were trying to cross.

My Mother, Father, and Sister, were waiting for them at the finish line. You didn’t know it, but my mother thinks that she saw you down there. My sister is only three years younger than you, and you set off a bomb in front of her.

You don’t know me, but you tried to kill some friends of mine.

One of my best and closest friends was working in the store in front of which you or your brother laid down a bomb. That bomb exploded, and gave her the worst day of her ilfe.

I was a high school teacher, your bomb wounded one of my most promising students with shrapnel.

Dear Dzhokhar, you tried to destroy a community that I left behind for Rome, but from which I draw so much of my strength and identity.

You killed a child who was a part of the community who made me the man I am today. Martin may have grown up to be a BC High boy... and his family is well loved in the community which surrounds that school.

You tried to drive a city which gave me courage in the face of cancer into complete and utter fear. But you tried to do this to a city which knew how to make a 10 year old me unafraid.

Dear Dzhokhar, you may have crossed the threshold of the building in which I lived to compete in an athletic event, but we have never met, and you tried to Kill my family, a friend, my students, and destroy my community.

Dear Dzhokhar, you failed. Did you ever think that you would make it out? The US captured Bin Laden, and Saddam.. there was no chance you would escape. This is not the measure of your success, though.

Dear Dzhokhar, you failed because Boston was not bowed or afraid. You set off a bomb, and the city gave blood for victims. You escaped initial capture and the city opened its doors to strangers. You were at large and making more bombs, and we gathered in prayer at Garvey park and the Cathedral. You went on a rampage, and people stayed home in an orderly fashion and opened their homes to the police during the search. Dear Dzhokhar, you failed, because light cast out the darkness, and the man who knew that his boat just didn’t look right wasn’t afraid to call it in.

Dear Dzhokhar, for all of this, I can’t hate you..

Today I thought about the fact that you are only 19... you are just a kid. You must have been so afraid today. You were a victim like so many are victims, you were bought something you shouldn’t have been brought into because you likely didn’t and couldn’t know any better.

I am glad that you are going to prison, and I hope that you will have many long years there in supermax in Colorado. I hope that no one I love will ever be threatened by you again, but I can’t hate you.

I can’t hate you because whatever you brought into Boston was enough hate for a good long while, I won’t and can’t hate anymore.

I can’t hate you because I remember being 19, I thought many things were a good idea which weren’t. I never would have went where you were, but I was certainly not an adult at 19.

I can’t hate you because, even though you did unspeakable things... somehow you are still my brother and your death can never be my gain.

I can’t hate you, and not just because I am a Catholic, and a Christian, and because in a couple of months I will be a priest, I am a human and I simply can’t hate you.

Dear Dzhokhar, I still have hope for you.

The rest of your life will be in prison. I have seen men change their lives there. I hope that you won’t be executed, because I know that we can hold you, safely, for the rest of your life.

I can’t say what your story might be there... but I know that I, as a Christian, and you, as a Muslim, believe God to be merciful... so I can’t help but have hope for you...

Dear Dzhokhar, you’re a kid. I can’t hate you, or fear you. I am glad you are in custody, I am glad you can’t hurt anyone else or yourself anymore, but I can’t hate you.. and I WON’T fear you.

Dear Dzhokhar, I will pray for you. Next year, when my friend and my brother cross that finish line on Boylston, your brother’s cause will have lost for good. I will pray that you will know, somehow, the same kind of love that my brother, sister-in-law, mother, father, sister, friends, and students all have given me.

Dear Dzhokhar, I will pray for you. When the first pitch is thrown on Patriot's day at Fenway, I will pray that somehow you will know joy... the joy that makes us fully human and offers the possiblity of real repentance... the joy that Red Sox baseball fills me with every year.

Dear Dzhokhar, I will pray for you next year when the first shot is fired in the annual reenactment of the battle of Lexington in Concord, that you will come to know that PEACE and LOVE are the only ways in which world will ever be changed.

Dear Dzhokhar, I don’t and can’t hate you. I am glad you are in custody, but you are just a kid, and you lost. I will love and pray for you, because somehow your sin was turned for good, and my community and the people I love will only be stronger in the end.

Dear Dzhokhar, Godspeed.

MustafaMc
04-21-2013, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vito
I guess this sort of supports what you've just posted.
Assalamu alaikum, what I posted was intended to raise the possibility for an alternative explanation to what is provided by the mainstream media. The one thing that is clear to me is that at least one of these stories and maybe both are intentional misinformation. Double alternatively, it could have been that there was actual intelligence that indicated a bomb threat and the Craft International personnel were there to catch the bad guys and prevent the bombing under cover of a supposed drill per the guy from Alabama. It is hard to know what and who to believe these days.

IAmZamzam
04-21-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing, am I? Are there people out there proposing...

It's all right, I actually knew it was coming beforehand. Because this always happens. It seems like pretty much every time there's a disaster which has a major emotional effect on the nation there's always some conspiracy theory about the government either being behind it or deliberately letting it take place. It happened with Pearl Harbor. It happened with JFK. It happened with 9/11. It happened with the recent school shooting. And now I guess it's happening with this. And it will happen again. And again. And again. And again. I'm willing to bet there was a small movement somewhere way back in 1865 insisting that Johnson secretly had Lincoln murdered and angrily denouncing all the stupid sheep who believed otherwise. It's so relieving to have a scapegoat--especially a scapegoat who deserves it anyway. Even when you're just angrily firing off rounds to let off some steam it's still so much more nerve-racking when you don't have a visible target in front of you.

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 09:04 PM
I came across this open letter today. I don;t know how it will be received, but I will share it here anyway.

Dear Dzhokhar,

You don’t know me, but you tried to kill my family.

You couldn’t have known, but my brother ran bandit in the marathon and trained for months. My sister in law was an amazing and supportive wife as she always is and was ready to run the last 5 miles with him.. Your bomb was at the finish line that they were trying to cross.

My Mother, Father, and Sister, were waiting for them at the finish line. You didn’t know it, but my mother thinks that she saw you down there. My sister is only three years younger than you, and you set off a bomb in front of her.

You don’t know me, but you tried to kill some friends of mine.

One of my best and closest friends was working in the store in front of which you or your brother laid down a bomb. That bomb exploded, and gave her the worst day of her ilfe.

I was a high school teacher, your bomb wounded one of my most promising students with shrapnel.

Dear Dzhokhar, you tried to destroy a community that I left behind for Rome, but from which I draw so much of my strength and identity.

You killed a child who was a part of the community who made me the man I am today. Martin may have grown up to be a BC High boy... and his family is well loved in the community which surrounds that school.

You tried to drive a city which gave me courage in the face of cancer into complete and utter fear. But you tried to do this to a city which knew how to make a 10 year old me unafraid.

Dear Dzhokhar, you may have crossed the threshold of the building in which I lived to compete in an athletic event, but we have never met, and you tried to Kill my family, a friend, my students, and destroy my community.

Dear Dzhokhar, you failed. Did you ever think that you would make it out? The US captured Bin Laden, and Saddam.. there was no chance you would escape. This is not the measure of your success, though.

Dear Dzhokhar, you failed because Boston was not bowed or afraid. You set off a bomb, and the city gave blood for victims. You escaped initial capture and the city opened its doors to strangers. You were at large and making more bombs, and we gathered in prayer at Garvey park and the Cathedral. You went on a rampage, and people stayed home in an orderly fashion and opened their homes to the police during the search. Dear Dzhokhar, you failed, because light cast out the darkness, and the man who knew that his boat just didn’t look right wasn’t afraid to call it in.

Dear Dzhokhar, for all of this, I can’t hate you..

Today I thought about the fact that you are only 19... you are just a kid. You must have been so afraid today. You were a victim like so many are victims, you were bought something you shouldn’t have been brought into because you likely didn’t and couldn’t know any better.

I am glad that you are going to prison, and I hope that you will have many long years there in supermax in Colorado. I hope that no one I love will ever be threatened by you again, but I can’t hate you.

I can’t hate you because whatever you brought into Boston was enough hate for a good long while, I won’t and can’t hate anymore.

I can’t hate you because I remember being 19, I thought many things were a good idea which weren’t. I never would have went where you were, but I was certainly not an adult at 19.

I can’t hate you because, even though you did unspeakable things... somehow you are still my brother and your death can never be my gain.

I can’t hate you, and not just because I am a Catholic, and a Christian, and because in a couple of months I will be a priest, I am a human and I simply can’t hate you.

Dear Dzhokhar, I still have hope for you.

The rest of your life will be in prison. I have seen men change their lives there. I hope that you won’t be executed, because I know that we can hold you, safely, for the rest of your life.

I can’t say what your story might be there... but I know that I, as a Christian, and you, as a Muslim, believe God to be merciful... so I can’t help but have hope for you...

Dear Dzhokhar, you’re a kid. I can’t hate you, or fear you. I am glad you are in custody, I am glad you can’t hurt anyone else or yourself anymore, but I can’t hate you.. and I WON’T fear you.

Dear Dzhokhar, I will pray for you. Next year, when my friend and my brother cross that finish line on Boylston, your brother’s cause will have lost for good. I will pray that you will know, somehow, the same kind of love that my brother, sister-in-law, mother, father, sister, friends, and students all have given me.

Dear Dzhokhar, I will pray for you. When the first pitch is thrown on Patriot's day at Fenway, I will pray that somehow you will know joy... the joy that makes us fully human and offers the possiblity of real repentance... the joy that Red Sox baseball fills me with every year.

Dear Dzhokhar, I will pray for you next year when the first shot is fired in the annual reenactment of the battle of Lexington in Concord, that you will come to know that PEACE and LOVE are the only ways in which world will ever be changed.

Dear Dzhokhar, I don’t and can’t hate you. I am glad you are in custody, but you are just a kid, and you lost. I will love and pray for you, because somehow your sin was turned for good, and my community and the people I love will only be stronger in the end.

Dear Dzhokhar, Godspeed.
As a human being I feel great sympathy for the victims of the recent attack.

However just like this letter, there are a 1000 other letters that go un-noticed. 1000's of people just as deserving of media coverage if not more, like the case of innocent children who are not guilty of any crime, bombed because of the faith their parents practice.

If there's one thing the Western media are good at, it is that they are good at dramatising things when it comes to their own people but when non westerners are affected, the quality of coverage and attention is shifted to the opposite end of the scale.

I'll let you work out who those 1000's of people who go un-noticed are.

جوري
04-21-2013, 09:07 PM
The letter is just crap frankly.. meant to do exactly the opposite of what it alleges.. but everything goes in said situations I guess!

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Salam alaykum

I wonder what even means a muslim blood. Is it something different than for example a Christian blood, Jew blood or Hindu blood?

^o)
It's a figure of speech. Not literal.

It means Muslim lives seem to be less valued far less than the lives of followers of any other faith.

This is clearly evident by the amount of media coverage Muslim victims get in attacks similar to or much worse than the Boston attack.

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 09:17 PM
The letter is just crap frankly.. meant to do exactly the opposite of what it alleges.. but everything goes in said situations I guess!
I wouldn't say it's crap.

The family if the victims have every right to voice their sadness and anger at their loss.

All I'd like to see is some more balance in the amount of media coverage that is given to victims of similar or worse attacks against people of other countries, especially those that the West and their Zionist partners have deliberately gone out of their way to carry out.

The War Against Terror is actually The War of Terror in that their claim of wanting to stop terrorism is actually a disguise to get international support to carry out terror.

Independent
04-21-2013, 09:19 PM
This article raises some interesting questions regarding the possibility of Craft International (Blackwater-style) personnel on site
I don't think this is true, simply because Craft International do not seem to provide security staff for hire at all. It's not their job. Instead, they provide training for anyone who wants it. The service is popular with the US military and police amongst others. They get a free hat with the course and many continue to wear it afterwards.

Actually you don't even have to do the course to get the hat. You can order your own personal one right now off the Craft website:

http://co-store.com/craftgear

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 09:29 PM

"On April 17, Anthony Gucciardi headlined “Craft International Private Military Forces at Boston Marathon?”

Images showed two men “with earpieces and military-esque gear….(T)hey may likely be employees of the Blackwater-style private military/security firm Craft International.”

Their attire was later “revealed to be standard issue Craft International clothing.” The skull logo on one man’s cap identifies Craft.

Why were both men and others with them in Boston? Images show around 10 wearing similar attire. Nearly all had on black backpacks. They resembled those alleged to contain pressure cooker bombs.

Investigators said they contained explosives, nails and ball bearings. They detonated moments apart.

Four or more Craft operatives wore tan combat boots, tan BDUs (battle dress uniforms), black jackets, and had tactical communications gear. At least one had an “inspector radiation alert.” It’s used to detect dirty bomb or nuclear attack emissions.

Why were they near the marathon’s finish line? Perhaps their mission was a black ops. They’re experts in these type operations.

Why did FBI operatives join them? Images show them talking. An FBI truck was visible. Why were FBI agents searching for one bombing suspect before the incident took place?

These and related questions demand answers. Coverup and denial reflect official policy. Vital facts are suppressed. What’s most important isn’t reported.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/boston-...terror/5332223

It's good you posted this because people need to know what is really going on.

As far as conspiracy theories go, all options should be always be open until it is proven without a doubt that the criminals are actually responsible for the crimes attributed to them.

The Zionist Media are capable of creating highly convincing Hollywood style special effects in order to make the world believe what they want them to believe.

Westerners are made to believe that Muslims are the enemy but if they stopped watching and believing everything that's fed to them by the Zionist media and if they started reading books, they'd discover that we're nothing compared to what is going on in their own back yard.

It's your own governments that you need to be worried about.

If you really wanted to find out what's going, start reading books written by independent experts in every field of study and you'll discover that we're not the ones you should be worried about.

Here's something to get you started:

By Way of Deception - Ostrovsky

The Other Side of Deception- Ostrovsky

جوري
04-21-2013, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't say it's crap.
To me it is a sensationalistic and generic piece of crap I doubt very much is written by someone who even lives in Boston let alone part of the race.. It would be interesting to see what China has to say, they did lose a Chinese national in this debacle. Meanwhile, America takes advantage to frame a few more Muslims domestically and drone a few internationally... who is gonna question them, they're so bereaved after all!

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 09:55 PM
To me it is a sensationalistic and generic piece of crap I doubt very much is written by someone who even lives in Boston let alone part of the race.. It would be interesting to see what China has to say, they did lose a Chinese national in this debacle. Meanwhile, America takes advantage to frame a few more Muslims domestically and drone a few internationally... who is gonna question them, they're so bereaved after all!
One thing I've come to realise since 9/11 is how much control the media have over people's views, beliefs and actions.

For e.g. re: 9/11 most people took news they saw on TV as the truth as if it was reality.

However analysis of the event by independent experts in various fields showed that witness account from people on the ground who were actually in the building when it happened, told a different story.

They reported explosions that were happening in the basement of the building where no planes hit, well before the building collapsed etc.

There were contradictions in the times that building no. 11 (the one where everything was being controlled from) collapsed with one reported reporting it well before it actually collapsed.

Now think about this.

How do we know that what the media is releasing is actually the truth?

We don't!

Almost anything and everything could be fabricated.

It's the truth because they say it is.

The only way to really confirm what they are saying is to speak to the actual people involved. And since that is very difficult to do, most people will just believe what is fed to them.

It's much easier to do that than to think for ourselves.

Independent
04-21-2013, 10:02 PM
One thing I've come to realise since 9/11 is how much control the media have over people's views, beliefs and actions.
Oh dear. We're about to fall into the bottomless pit which is 9/11. Mods, please save us!

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Oh dear. We're about to fall into the bottomless pit which is 9/11. Mods, please save us!
It's ok. I was expecting you to show up on this thread at some stage.

Don't worry my posts are not intended specifically for you.

They are intended for free thinkers.

Pygoscelis
04-21-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree that the media is incredibly powerful in shaping the views of the populace, especially in the US with outlets like Fox News.

Some people simply accept what they are told by the media and that is that.

Others will try to do a little looking around. I was one following 9/11 and that is how I found this forum, to dispell some of those myths created by the media. And I have come to make friends here and see a wide variety of Muslim viewpoints, both incredibly peaceful and cooperative on the one hand, and incredibly rude and hostile on the other, making it impossible for me to accept anything anybody says as if it applies to Muslims as a whole.

I agree. Don't trust the media. Do your own looking around.

Independent
04-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Uh-oh...I can feel one of those nano-thermite conversations coming on...

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Uh-oh...I can feel one of those nano-thermite conversations coming on...
I also had a feeling you'd say that so just for your information, I had no intention of turning this into a detailed discussion on 9/11. My previous post was just intended to highlight the power that the media has in shaping people's views.

Now you can stop worrying.

Independent
04-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Now you can stop worrying
Ok. I'll relax, thanks :)

MustafaMc
04-21-2013, 10:45 PM
I agree that the media is incredibly powerful in shaping the views of the populace, especially in the US with outlets like Fox News.
Some people simply accept what they are told by the media and that is that.
The media is now judge and jury with the accusation know being equated with guilt. The only thing lacking is a Navy Seal team, drone or police dragnet to carry out the execution.

LauraS
04-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Free thinking or just following any conspiracy theory that tells a story that's more palatable than the official story?

Don't you ever sometimes wonder if things just are what they look like? Sometimes people do terrible things, they go into schools and shoot children- it's happened more than once- people make their own bombs and set them off because of their own personal issues with society. Not everything has the government behind it. And before you accuse me of "blindly following western media blah blah blah" I'm just point out that people do bad things and whether you like it or not conspiracies are sometimes just nonsense. Are these two innocent? Who knows, but there's a clear bias from some people on this board- they must be innocent! But why? You don't know them. An article was posted saying their mother thought they were innocent and another was talking about comments they had previously made about becoming dissatisfied with American society. They were seen placing the bags down where the bombs went off. Also how exactly are they meant to have been set up? Did the American government plant bombs and just hope a person with foreign origins would appear nearby so they could blame them?

Also once again, can't people allow this thread be for the Boston bombings and post a thread for bombings in the Middle East? I read complaints that no one is discussing recent attacks, well why not start a thread yourself?

P.S. If I had a pound for every time I read the word Zionist on this forum....

Independent
04-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Don't you ever sometimes wonder if things just are what they look like?
The funny thing is, if we were to believe all the conspiracy stories, it would mean the US is one of the few countries in the world without any terrorist attacks at all. Nada, zilch, zerol! They're all done by the Government!

So it seems, far from being prone to attack, America is actually the most peaceful, untroubled nation in the world (if only they could get rid of that pesky President)!

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Free thinking or just following any conspiracy theory that tells a story that's more palatable than the official story?

Don't you ever sometimes wonder if things just are what they look like? Sometimes people do terrible things, they go into schools and shoot children- it's happened more than once- people make their own bombs and set them off because of their own personal issues with society. Not everything has the government behind it. And before you accuse me of "blindly following western media blah blah blah" I'm just point out that people do bad things and whether you like it or not conspiracies are sometimes just nonsense. Are these two innocent? Who knows, but there's a clear bias from some people on this board- they must be innocent! But why? You don't know them. An article was posted saying their mother thought they were innocent and another was talking about comments they had previously made about becoming dissatisfied with American society. They were seen placing the bags down where the bombs went off. Also how exactly are they meant to have been set up? Did the American government plant bombs and just hope a person with foreign origins would appear nearby so they could blame them?

Also once again, can't people allow this thread be for the Boston bombings and post a thread for bombings in the Middle East? I read complaints that no one is discussing recent attacks, well why not start a thread yourself?

P.S. If I had a pound for every time I read the word Zionist on this forum....
To think freely is to weigh up different views and choose your own one based on what you as an individual feel is the most closest to the truth, which might not be the one that the mainstream media are publishing.

It might be the case that things are what they are. Yes people do do terrible things.

Based on my experience, I've come to learn not to make judgements on any individuals until it has been confirmed from sources I trust.

Conspiracy theories often make much more sense than what is fed to us by the Zionist media.

The reason why this word is used so much is because it's important for people to understand that the media is not independent. It is owned mostly by Zionists to which all credit must be attributed.

As for your suggestion of starting a thread about bombings in other countries, I think that's an excellent idea.

With all due respect, since you're the one who suggested it, please don't start complaining when you see it getting bumped every other day due to how popular it will become.

جوري
04-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Don't be aggrieved by the herds- They're comfortable in their delusions and use every known attack on earth to derogate the facts without using actual facts, science, logic or common sense. If they gang on you, know that the truth can lie with just one man and that a village will not remove the truth even if they throw him into the fire!

Independent
04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
It is owned mostly by Zionists to which all credit must be attribute
There's another pound for you, Laura.

By the way, that Jewish media ownership link that Islamica posted earlier in this thread is hopelessly out of date. Many of those people have moved on/retired.

جوري
04-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah no nepotism none of their kids come aboard.… There's NO such thing as AIPAC. U.S doesn't gauge in wars for the sake of the colonial settler cockroach nor doe they veto for its sake in the U.N

good stuff

Independent
04-21-2013, 11:11 PM
By the way, that Jewish media ownership link that Islamica posted earlier in this thread is hopelessly out of date. Many of those people have moved on/retired.
But as you say Mustafa, it's interesting how people just swallow information without thinking. That list has been published before and no one has checked it!

جوري
04-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Don't need a list, you can just buy the book on the matter, here's one amongst many.

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 11:17 PM
But as you say Mustafa, it's interesting how people just swallow information without thinking. That list has been published before and no one has checked it!
Maybe but would you still agree that the media is majority owned by Jews, even if it's not at the percentage stated in the list you're referring to?

Independent
04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
You're pretty good at mind reading.

You must teach me how you do it sometime.
Umm...isn't it haram?

جوري
04-21-2013, 11:24 PM
:lol: now he's an expert on religious edicts!

Independent
04-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Maybe but would you still agree that the media is majority owned by Jews, even if it's not at the percentage stated in the list you're referring to?
I don't know, Mustafa, it's a complex subject and i want to read more about it. It's even more complicated because 'ownership' is not a straightforward issue when the company is publicly quoted. Is it really enough to identify one individual in a company as of Jewish ancestry (someone who may not be religious themselves) and say that they control the editorial output of the whole company? I'd have to see evidence for that. I know a number of journalists and they certainly wouldn't agree with you (either about Jewish influence or any other individual's).

It's not enough simply to pick out a bunch of Jewish names and say that's a conspiracy.

For instance, you could look at 19th century British chocolate manfufacturers and wonder why so many of them were Quakers. The answer is not that there was a Quaker chocolate conspiracy.

جوري
04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Even in Tanzania Murdoch was buying their local newspapers.. Imagine even remote places in Africa weren't spared.
Complete and total manipulation of the media, banking, politics and as America collapses they're surely to move to the next best thing.. already accused of selling American secrets to the chinese:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/12...ina-by-israel/

Muhammad
04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
This thread seems to be going in different directions, so I think it's best to put a lid on it here. Any further updates on the story can be posted in a new thread :ia:.

If there was anything of value that someone was about to add, you can send it by private message :ia:.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!