/* */

PDA

View Full Version : earthquake!

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Assalam o alikum

Just felt an earthquake here in Karachi was of a high intensity , my bed stated moving n I have a king size bed which one can't move easily gosh it was so scary we all had to rush downstairs.

I'm still v scares have a feeling things r moving slowly is there any dua or anything one could recite

I heard it came in Lahore, Multan and Qatar as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown12
04-16-2013, 11:07 AM
:O Allah keep you and your family safe, sounds scary...

(sorry I can't help with the dua part, maybe this? http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress....an-earthquake/)

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
A magnitude of 7.9 :S

May Allah forgive us all.

The birds kept chirping n as soon as it was over they were all quiet I guess I was the only one who noticed the birds my sis thought I was moving the bed :s

It's just strange everything's quiet now n while the earthquake came the birds subhanAllah.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Salam alaykum

Dear sister run away from that building and force your family out too.

:heated:

NOW!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/....php?id=312831

Al-Mufarridun
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
:wa:

May Allah :swt: keep you all safe In Shaa Allah.

There isn't any specific duaa prescribed for the time of earthquakes, but we should do similar to what the Prophet :saws: recommended when an an eclipse happens.
  • Narrated Abu Musa: The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque and offered the prayer with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing. Then he said, "These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but Allah makes His worshipers afraid by them. So when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him and ask for His forgiveness." Sahih Bukhari

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes we rushed at as everything kept moving real fast Alhumdulilah everything's ok my hearts just beating real fast kept reciting astaghfar its the first time I've experience an earthquake with such high intensity.

I pray tht there r no aftershocks or anything.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Salam alaykum

If you still read this PeriSomething

Do not return to your building next 4 days. There might be aftershocks of earthtquake.

I make dua to you and all people in there.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Peri! Run out now!

^o)

Innocent Soul
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
^ where should she live then :?

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Lol everything's ok now Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah

Heard it came in Iran as well and forty ppl died. It came in UAE and India as well.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Yes we rushed at as everything kept moving real fast Alhumdulilah everything's ok my hearts just beating real fast kept reciting astaghfar its the first time I've experience an earthquake with such high intensity.

I pray tht there r no aftershocks or anything.
Did you take your computer and mobile phone with you?

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
just my cell phone nth else :p

sister herb
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
I knew it came from Iran, there were just earhtquake.

:embarrass

(still worry about my dear sis PeriSomething)

imsad Are you ok dear?

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes I'm ok just still a lil scared :s

At first we didn't even know what was happening daddy was at work he says he didn't feel anything buh the news says everyone felt it.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
-----------------------------

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
More than 850 ppl injured and 40 dead in Iran.

5 ppl dead in pak in the area near the border of Iran

Ramadan90
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
More than 850 ppl injured and 40 dead in Iran.

5 ppl dead in pak in the area near the border of Iran
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

Sister, I hope you and your family are okay. And I pray for the families who lost their beloved. :(

sister herb
04-16-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...232927572.html

Haya emaan
04-16-2013, 03:06 PM
SubhanAllah! we were attending a workshop sitting on a floor on the upper part of the center and the floor started vibrating slowly slowly.. for 3 - 4 seconds we couldn't get whats happening but then someone said its earth quack..
alhamdulillah there was no panic but every one started reading kalima and astaghfar.. and floor continued to move for near half a minute with a break of few seconds between.. we prepared to get out of the building but it was over so workshop was continued. Alhamdulillah it was a gathering for Allah so He (SWT) put peace in our hearts.

when i realized that it is an earth quack and seconds has gone but the floor isn't stopping the images of 9 october 2005 earthquack flashed to me and i thought time to leave the dunya for me has arrived.. i was confused m i ready or not for so but i know that wouldn't matter if the time had really arrived.
alhamdulillah He SWT has given us one more chance...

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Sis everything ok at ur side?? D.h.a area was fine I don't know abt the others Cuz mostly my relatives live in this area I still Havnt gotten a reply from my frnds kinda worried.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Salam alaykum

I was at once in the middle of earthquake. At that time I heard voice like huge amount of rock would moved. Did you heard the similar?

:embarrass

glo
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Prayers for all affected by today's earthquake.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Sis everything ok at ur side?? D.h.a area was fine I don't know abt the others Cuz mostly my relatives live in this area I still Havnt gotten a reply from my frnds kinda worried.
Salam alaykum

May Allah save your friends and relatives.

rosemsmiley 1?1292867664 -

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Ameen

May Allah forgive us ameen

Haya emaan
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
alhamdulillah every things fine.. read in news that gulshsan gulistan and kharadar are more affected but my family says they didn't felt much just a shock.. i wasn't at home but where i was there we felt more.

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh no my frnd lives in gulistan Havnt gotten a reply hope she's ok.

Haya emaan
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh no my frnd lives in gulistan Havnt gotten a reply hope she's ok.
dear i was in gulistan. its alright there.. inshaAllah your friends will b ok..

Samiun
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
:sl: I've ever experienced an earthquake but it was as low as a 4.5 magnitude I think and that was already scary.. You can feel the ground as if it was being forced by another being to move it left and right and you can feel the intensity. It lasted for around 6 seconds but it truly felt horrible and subhanallah this is one of Allah's signs. A 7.9 magnitude? That definitely is worse than mine and alhamdulillah you look like you're coping it well. There's two type of earthquake that I know of, the one that goes horizontally and the one that goes vertically. The one that goes vertically is said to be better than the one that goes horizontally because the later could destroy buildings

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 04:40 PM
This one went horizontal n wen we were gng downstairs for a couple of second everyone thought its over n all of a sudden I felt as if someone's pushing me n we all ran downstairs outta the house felt kinda dizzy as well as if I was gng to faint or sumfin, its the first time I experience a 7.9.
The windows banging the birds chirping so loud , it was just v v scary.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: I've ever experienced an earthquake but it was as low as a 4.5 magnitude I think and that was already scary.. You can feel the ground as if it was being forced by another being to move it left and right and you can feel the intensity. It lasted for around 6 seconds but it truly felt horrible and subhanallah this is one of Allah's signs. A 7.9 magnitude? That definitely is worse than mine and alhamdulillah you look like you're coping it well. There's two type of earthquake that I know of, the one that goes horizontally and the one that goes vertically. The one that goes vertically is said to be better than the one that goes horizontally because the later could destroy buildings
Mine was just 2.3 and it caused the rise of earth, not moving of continental plates. But voice was horrible.

Like this one:

جوري
04-16-2013, 07:03 PM
sob7an Allah.. surely all those earthquakes are a sign of the time.. be safe sis, may :Allah::swt: keeo our bros and srs safe the world over..
ameen

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 07:05 PM
^ I know sis that's the first thing that popped in my mind n that's the reason y I'm scared.

Signs of the hour...

sister herb
04-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Salam alaykum

My dear sis PeriEverything

Go to sleep. My dua with you.

princesssmiley 1?1292867657 -

Jedi_Mindset
04-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Good that you are fine sis, never experienced a real earthquake though, i have experienced one but this was caused by gas drilling in the ground and hence this can cause minor earthquakes however i didnt felt it really, only my dad felt it and the power went off for a few seconds.

Earthquakes can be very scary, and i understand you were frightened for a while. At the same time, earthquakes are increasing because its one of the minor signs before the day of qiyamah.

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

My dear sis PeriEverything

Go to sleep. My dua with you.

princesssmiley 1?1292867657 -
JazakAllah khayr sis couldn't sleep :p how'd you know ?? Well it is pretty late I guess I'll close my eyes will doze off eventually.

N bro Robin yes that's true been reciti g astaghfar since morn.

Haya emaan
Today i realized why people fear from death..imsad

Jedi_Mindset
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
Depends brother, on land the horizontal earthquake is more devestating, but in sea the vertical earthquake is more devastating because it can trigger a tsunami.

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
^ Alhumdulilah no tsunami warning buh they have no idea abt the aftershocks.

Some say aftershocks do come after an earthquake of high magnitude.

Jedi_Mindset
04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
^ Alhumdulilah no tsunami warning buh they have no idea abt the aftershocks.

Some say aftershocks do come after an earthquake of high magnitude.
Doesnt have to be of high magnitude, aftershocks always happen after a earthquake wether very minor or huge, sometimes a aftershock can be worse than the main earthquake in magnitude, also a aftershock can cause more deaths and more damaged buildings to collapse. So, be vigilant sis, best to stay in a place not surrounded by huge buildings or powerlines.

sister herb
04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
I write tomorrow new LI Staff story to you, Peri... something.

:statisfie

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 08:17 PM
:S you're scaring me how will I sleep now :S I have to go to work 2mrw .

sister herb
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Salam alaykum

I will write something very very kind.

marshmallowsmiley 1?1292867635 -

Don´t worrry.

Haya emaan
04-16-2013, 08:27 PM
sis periwinkle there nothing to worry about that much.. put your trust in Allah.. death not necessarily needs earth quacks or other disasters to grasp a soul.. if its written no precautionary measures can stop it.. believe me its gone now.. the city is sleeping so lets go to sleep..:)

sister herb
04-16-2013, 08:34 PM
moonsmiley 1?1292867638 -

Periwinkle18
04-16-2013, 08:37 PM
May Allah protect us and keep each and everyone of us safe from all kinds of evils ameen

:sl:

Silent Peace
04-16-2013, 09:31 PM
May Allah protect us and keep each and everyone of us safe from all kinds of evils ameen

Ameen Thumm Ameen. May Allah protect us all, Hope you are fine sister.

abo mussaab
04-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Earthquake hits the Gulf and India, Iran, Pakistan... !!
اللهم انك انت الله لا اله الا انت انت الغني ونحن الفقراء نحن عبيدك بنو عبيدك نواصينا بيدك
ماض ٍ فينا حكمك . الله يحفظ ابلأد المسلمين
Ameen!!

Muslim Woman
04-17-2013, 05:21 AM

may Allah protects us , Ameen

abo mussaab
04-17-2013, 09:51 AM
allahouma ameen

Periwinkle18
04-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Ameen .

glo
04-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Amen .

Woodrow
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Ameen .
Ameenm Ameen, Ameen

Ma Sha Allah you and your family are safe.

Periwinkle18
04-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Yes Alhumdulilah n Alhumdulilah no big damage even it was a 7.9 everyone's just shocked around 35 ppl died in punjor the place near the border of Iran.

Alhumdulilah my frnds and family are ok.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!