Benefits of Dates.
Dates contain many vitamins and minerals required by human body. Calcium, for example, is an essential element for bones, and dates can provide this element in a good quantity. So, it will be very good if breast feeding mothers can eat dates, as the baby is getting many elements required for the body.
Normally, it is observed that one may feel hungry if sugar levels are reduced in the body irrespective of the condition of the stomach. Dates can well serve the purpose, because these provide energy. Some other advantages of eating dates include treating constipation, prevention against night blindness and improving health of eyes.
You can get more information about health benefits of date in the text below:
• Constipation: Date is termed to be a laxative food. This is the reason that dates are beneficial for people suffering from constipation. For getting the laxative effect from dates, you need to soak dates for one full night in water. You should consume these soaked dates in the morning like syrup to get their actual advantages.
• Intestinal Disorders: The nicotinic content that is present in the dates is said to be beneficial for curing any kinds of intestinal disorders. Continuous intake of dates helps to maintain a check on the growth of the pathological organisms and thus, helps in the rise of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
• Weight Gain: Dates are said to be a part of healthy diet. They consist of sugar, fats, proteins as well as many essential vitamins. If the dates are consumed with the paste of cucumber, one can easily come out from the problem of over-slimming. One kilogram of dates contains almost 3,000 calories. These calories alone are sufficient to meet the daily requirements of a human body.
• Healthy Heart: Dates are quite helpful in maintaining your heart in a healthy condition. When soaked for a night and crushed in the morning and consumed, they prove to be quite advantageous for weak hearts. They help in fortifying the heart, if taken twice in a week.
• Sexual Weakness: Dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina in the human body. A handful of dates, when soaked in fresh goat's milk for the night and then grinded in the same milk with the mixture of cardamom powder and honey, becomes a very useful tonic for increasing sex endurance and sterility caused due to functional disorders.
• Diarrhea: Ripe dates contain potassium. Potassium is beneficial for controlling diarrhea. They are easily digestible, which helps to cope up with the problems of diarrhea.
• Abdominal Cancer: Dates are beneficial for curing abdominal cancer. They work as useful tonic for all age groups. They work as better as the medicines, and are natural and do not bear any side effects in the body. They can be easily digested and used for supplying extra and needed energy.
From the Quran:
In the Qur'an when Maryam(as) the mother of Prophet Jesus(as) was giving birth to him and she was experiencing pain, she was told to: '' Shake the trunk of the palm towards you and fresh, ripe dates will drop down onto you.'' (19:23)
''And in the earth are tracts (diverse though) neighboring, and gardens of vines and fields sown with corn, and palm trees - growing out of single roots or otherwise: watered with the same water, yet some of them We make more excellent than others to eat. Behold, verily in these things there are signs for those who understand!'' (Qur'an, 13:4)