/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does Allah allow people to die young before they could repent?

amin22
04-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Assalmou 3alaikoum Brothers and Sisters,

I am having deep thoughts about the concept of death. I am having troubles understanding why many people die today and other have the chance to live longer. I would like to understand how Allah is fair in these matters. How does Allah judge people who die early? I understand it's the will of Allah for people to die earlier than others, but I don't believe it's fair for a man who commit evil to die early, perhaps he would have asked for forgiveness if he lived longer. He would say this when he meets Allah, why didn't Allah give him a full life like others, perhaps he would have repented.

Some people I have met, said that Allah knows already what people who died early would do even if they stayed alive, but then my response to them is Allah knows everyone's actions so there is no need to let everyone go through life in the first place, but Allah still gave us the right to live so we can be aware of our action and give him no arguments at the judgement day. Allah should be fair in these matters, but I can't see it. I would like to believe that everyone have got the same amount of time to live, it is just unjust for some to die early and other to live longer.

Jazaka Allah khayran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
04-19-2013, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amin22
Why does Allah allow people to die young before they could repent?
If you stay for bhayaan's at the local masjid, most of the scholars/moesabs/imams will say, "You don't know when you are going to do."

By stating that, it is telling everyone to repent right away for their sins committed. You should never wait a few days to repent because you don't know when you are going to die, no human knows when you are going to die, only Allah Subhanahuwatallah knows. It's up to us to repent right after the sin is committed and ask for forgiveness. We get only one chance, why should Allah Subhanahuwatallah give someone 10 or so years to repent?

1 – Giving up the sin immediately.
2 – Regretting what has happened in the past.
3 – Resolving not to go back to it.
4 – Making amends to those whom you have wronged, or asking for their forgiveness.

Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[al-Furqaan 25:68]

And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, repent to Allaah and seek His forgiveness, for I repent one hundred times a day.” Narrated by Muslim, 2702 from the hadeeth of al-Agharr al-Muzani (may Allaah be pleased with him).

amin22
04-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Thank you Icee for your response, I really appreciate it Brother. However, what you have suggested in your response is really good unfortunately, has nothing to do with my question. I was perhaps unclear so I will rephrase ma question in a simpler way.

This is typically academic and it has nothing to do with me. Imagine someone who have been committing all sort of evil, but died young (30 years old) in a natural accident or phenomena before he could repent or ask for forgiveness. Some other people reached 70 years old. The 30 years old man in the judgment day, will ask Allah: "Why didn't you give more time LIKE OTHERS, I would have repented, it is not fair that others lived more time". My question, how does Allah judge him.

greenhill
04-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Allah All Mighty works in ways we cannot even start to comprehend. This question is of similar vein with 'how can it be fair?' Like the hell question etc. It's really about your life, not about developing an opinion on what's fair to others. They are examples so that we may be reminded that it could happen to us. That we take heed!

About not repenting, that's between them and Allah. Even when old does means they would have repented. Also consider that all may not be what it is outwardly seen to be. ^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mustafa2012
05-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Assalmou 3alaikoum Brothers and Sisters,

I am having deep thoughts about the concept of death. I am having troubles understanding why many people die today and other have the chance to live longer. I would like to understand how Allah is fair in these matters. How does Allah judge people who die early? I understand it's the will of Allah for people to die earlier than others, but I don't believe it's fair for a man who commit evil to die early, perhaps he would have asked for forgiveness if he lived longer. He would say this when he meets Allah, why didn't Allah give him a full life like others, perhaps he would have repented.

Some people I have met, said that Allah knows already what people who died early would do even if they stayed alive, but then my response to them is Allah knows everyone's actions so there is no need to let everyone go through life in the first place, but Allah still gave us the right to live so we can be aware of our action and give him no arguments at the judgement day. Allah should be fair in these matters, but I can't see it. I would like to believe that everyone have got the same amount of time to live, it is just unjust for some to die early and other to live longer.

Jazaka Allah khayran.
:salam:

Dr. Bilal Phillips spoke about this issue in one of his books.

He said that since Allaah knew who is going to Paradise and Hell he could have just sent each soul there without making us going through life in this world.

However some souls would have argued and said, "But you didn't give us a chance to prove to you whether or not we would obey you or not?"

Then Dr. Phillips said something to the effect of, "That is why this life is a chance to prove yourself"

Allaah gives everyone enough time to seek out the truth, repent and change their ways.

Even if he takes the soul of a person while they are still young, it is still enough time according to His infinite wisdom.

There are some people who, when shown the truth, recognise it and try to live their life according to it.

And there are some who think they will live forever that they should be given a certain amount of time that they think they need to accept the truth and follow it.

Unfortunately that is not some thing we have a choice over.

Allaah is the one who decides how much time to give a person in this life before he takes their soul.

He has created signs for us throughout our life in the rising and setting of the sun, in sleep, in the deaths of others, in the birth of new born babies of The Resurrection and The Day of Judgement.

He is The Most Merciful, The Most Just.

How many people are there who say to themselves I will repent tomorrow but when tomorrow comes, they continue in their ways and don't make the effort to change.

{And (remember) when Musa (Moses) said to his people: "O my people! Why do you hurt me while you know certainly that I am the Messenger of Allah to you? So when they turned away (from the Path of Allah), Allah turned their hearts away (from the Right Path). And Allah guides not the people who are Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).} (Noble Qur'an 61:5)
Let us blame ourselves and take heed of the signs that our Lord, The Most Merciful has provided for us.

Remember, this life is only temporary. It is not our real home.

Instead of trying to spend all of our time and efforts enjoying this life, it is far more profitable to dedicate our time to preparing for the life that will never end. The one in which we'll have everything our hearts could desire :ia:

Berries'forest
05-02-2013, 07:44 PM
This is typically academic and it has nothing to do with me. Imagine someone who have been committing all sort of evil, but died young (30 years old) in a natural accident or phenomena before he could repent or ask for forgiveness. Some other people reached 70 years old. The 30 years old man in the judgment day, will ask Allah: "Why didn't you give more time LIKE OTHERS, I would have repented, it is not fair that others lived more time". My question, how does Allah judge him.
There are also millions of billions of children dying anually before they ever had the chance of sinning. It is not the amount of time given or age that is important, it is what we do with it. Who gaurantees that a 70 year old had sincerely repented and been automatically granted forgiveness. Perhaps that 30 year old or even 16 year old or what have you has done even only one good deed that Allah with it has granted him forgiveness. Age is not a determinent of Allah's judgement for people. Whether one is young or elder we should always ask Allah forgiveness and not wait untill we're paralyzed in our deathbeds. That 30 year old must've known atleast for once that he is eligible to ask forgiveness from Allah regardless of wether he's officially repented or not. There is no prerequisite required for one to ask their lord forgiveness and forgiveness is a very broad subject that is determined by Allah. We can never be too sure who will be granted forgiveness or not this is why we should hasten to keep steadfast and regularly ask Allah forgiveness with resting assured that Allah answers whomever prays to Him.

sister herb
05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Salam alaykum

Only Allah knows if those people have had time to repent. What we others think is enough time isn´t important in the case of them. It is just totally between them and Allah.

We better think our times to repent, right?

~Zaria~
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
:salam:

Always remind yourself that Allah (subhanawataála) is THE most just, THE most merciful, THE most loving, THE most forgiving.

This applies not just in relation to this question, but in all other matters that we may ponder over:

e.g. the very difficult trials that some people bear versus others.
The imaan that Allah has bestowed upon some, and not others.
The bounties that some people are given, e.g. health, wealth, families, etc, but not others.....etc.

In ALL these cases, if we have to ask ourselves WHY? - we may not really be able to provide the exact answer. (For Allah azza wajjal knows best the wisdom behind each and every plan).

BUT: when we consider that if He is the MOST Just - which means, that there is NO other justice that can be superior to that Allah Taa'la - then, we do not need to worry about anyone not getting a fair 'trial' on the Day of Qiyamat.

When we consider that He is the MOST merciful, the MOST Loving and the MOST forgiving - then we should know, with all of our hearts, that Allah does NOT want to see His servants in jahannum.
He does not desire our punishment.
Because He loves us dearly - more than any other love that exists!
Which is why He gives us soo many opportunites to turn back to Him. And no matter how many times we err, He is ready and waiting to forgive us - again and again.

So, for those who die at younger ages - this was the plan of Allah Taa'la.
He knows best, as to who should/ would be decreed long lives and who will not.

Also, consider if Allah Taa'la gave us all equal length in lives (e.g lets say we all lived to the age of 65), then people would not be concerned in ibaadat and obeying the commands of Allah, until the very end (because they will know when life will end).

Allah (subhanawataála) has with-held the time of our death, so that each and every day we can live AS IF it is our last.
We should be in constant anticipation of death - when we awake each morning, we should be so grateful for another day and should remind ourselves that THIS could be the day that I leave this dunya.
In this way, will we even desire to sin and disobey Allah and His Rasul (sallahu alaihi wasalam)?

This has been more of a reminder for myself, alhamdulillah.

JazakumAllah khair for asking this question.

:wasalam:

The-Deist
01-08-2015, 08:26 PM
:sl:
It is Qadr (will) of Allah (swt) and maybe he might have repented
heres a link join the fist h with the other letters when writing the link h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-waO9ICbk0

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!