/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Despair with the world

anonymous
04-20-2013, 12:31 PM
First off I am a young Muslim. The thing that upsets me the most is when people call Islam a religion of hate..etc

It bothers me that Islam and Muslims are put in such a bad light by others and the ignorant sheep believe it imsad
Every Time an event happens and a extremist is behind it, comments under articles read "The religion of peace strikes again" "F muslims" "Kill them all"...etc :cry:

Now for my feelings..

When I was young I believed I could change the world, I believed I could bring peace,harmony, and kindness to all humans. As I grew older I realized this is not possible and a stupid idea, from the world it shrunk to I can help my country be the best it can be, from my country it shrunk down to my state...from there it shrunk to my town... then I realized there is way too much corruption,hate,greed, and ignorance...etc to change anything. So now I just don't care. If all the people in the world just want to kill each other just because they want to stroke their egos and fight over religion,power,money..etc...that's fine have at it, just leave me alone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
04-20-2013, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
When I was young I believed I could change the world, I believed I could bring peace,harmony, and kindness to all humans.
That is a good view to have, but rather that despairing over not be able to change anything and not caring anymore it is better to work on changing yourself and being a good example for others to follow. In the end we have very little ability to change anything other than ourselves, particularly with regards to our reactions to what happens to us and around us in our lives

جوري
04-21-2013, 01:19 AM
I had a day like that yesterday.. it was one of the worst I had in a while.. it was coming at my and those I love from every angle..
It helped to close the day on this aya:

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)[3:111]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Lan yadurrookum illa athan wain yuqatilookum yuwallookumu aladbara thumma la yunsaroona

Hulk
04-21-2013, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
That is a good view to have, but rather that despairing over not be able to change anything and not caring anymore it is better to work on changing yourself and being a good example for others to follow. In the end we have very little ability to change anything other than ourselves, particularly with regards to our reactions to what happens to us and around us in our lives
I don't often quote Rumi as I feel he is very misunderstood by people and I fear being among those but I think this one is quite straightforward and I couldn't help being reminded of it by OPs' and Br MustafaMCs' post. Allahu alam.

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." - Rumi

Don't let the empty chatter of fools bring you down, especially when you know better. :) It is best to avoid places with such people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
04-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone. You are all right, I need to focus on how I am living not others.

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Don't let the empty chatter of fools bring you down, especially when you know better. It is best to avoid places with such people.
Yes I do know better

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!