/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

gord
04-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Hello all.

I am a non-Muslim who over the last little bit has looked into Islam for educational purposes, but has felt strangley at peace with its teachings and now feeling drawn to it. I hope to learn more about Islam on this fourm.

Thank you for your time!

gord

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
04-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Welcome here :)

gord
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Thank you!

Hulk
04-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Gord. The cure to doubt is certainty through knowledge and one of the pre-requisites to knowledge is sincerity/humility(traits of a student) so I hope you will have these traits in check within yourself so as to have a better learning experience InShaaAllah(God willing).

It is important to learn Islam in a way that benefits you. Meaning if you find something in it that you believe is good and true then I hope you will let it affect your heart which perceives the world around you(the perceiving heart). For knowledge(arrival to meaning) lies in the heart. Those who "learn" Islam as merely a "subject" are already putting themselves in a position where they tell themselves that whatever they learn will not affect them. Unfortunately this is not how one gains knowledge. So welcome once again to the board and we hope you have a beneficial time :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gord
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Thank you Hulk. I will indeed try to have humility and sincerity in my heart as I continue to learn about Islam. In fact, those traits seem to be coming naturally as I read the Qur'an and other things about Islam.

Thank you again!

IAmZamzam
04-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Salaam! If you need anything, we're right here. And you can always private message us as well.

Amat Allah
04-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Greetings and May The Peace Be with you Aameeen

Welcome to Islamic Board our respected and noble brother as a new dear and precious member of our big family .....

Roam the forum's sections and you may find some answers for some of your questions, In shaa Allah (God Willing). But if not then you are always very welcome at any time to ask us here; your brothers and sister whatever questions you may have in mind and humbly, we will try our best to help ya after The Most Merciful In shaa Allah

Hope you enjoy it here ....

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and give ya the best of the best always and forever Aameeeen

Take the best care of your precious self In shaa Allah...

Leaving ya under Allah's sight, care and protection...

Humbly and with all respect, your sister:

Amat Allah.

sister herb
04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Peace with you

Welcome to forum. I hope we can teach you something you need to know as we need to live in peace in the same world together. Hopely we too can learn something from you.

Your sister in humanity :statisfie

gord
04-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Thank you all for the welcome.

I found a book about Salah and am reading it now. Very interesting. I look forward to learning more. I do have a quick question. When doing Salah, do you have to use a rug?

Again, humbled by your welcome. :D

gord

Futuwwa
04-21-2013, 09:13 PM
You don't need to use a prayer mat, most just prefer to use one for comfort.

Amat Allah
04-21-2013, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gord
Thank you all for the welcome.

I found a book about Salah and am reading it now. Very interesting. I look forward to learning more. I do have a quick question. When doing Salah, do you have to use a rug?

Again, humbled by your welcome.

gord
Humbly, you are always very welcome at any time In shaa Allah

And regarding your Question:

You don't have to use a rug when doing Salah unless if you wanted to be on the safe side because there may be some impurity (najaasah) in the ground.

But if the place you are praying in is clean then there is no need for it at all. Rugs to be used when there is a reason for that, such as the ground is being very cold, or the floor being rough or the first carpet being naajis (impure) or filthy, and so on.

Read here please if you wish my respected brother:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/27000

gord
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you Amat Allah for your post and the link. Much appreciated. :statisfie The last few days I have been 'trying' to follow Salah and making sure to perform wudu. It has definitely been an interesting few days, but also peaceful as I find Salah makes you focus on God instead of going about your day 'thinking' about focusing on God later. Salah makes you 'do'. Which is good. I found a book that guides you to integrate all the words step by step so you can actually do Salah almost right away and as you get more comfortable, you add more words until it is complete.

Periwinkle18
04-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Hello

:welcome: to the forum hope u like it here :)

Hope u learn lots n lots n I hope u find what ur looking for :) may Allah guide u towards the right path ameen.

Amat Allah
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Thank you Amat Allah for your post and the link. Much appreciated. The last few days I have been 'trying' to follow Salah and making sure to perform wudu. It has definitely been an interesting few days, but also peaceful as I find Salah makes you focus on God instead of going about your day 'thinking' about focusing on God later. Salah makes you 'do'. Which is good. I found a book that guides you to integrate all the words step by step so you can actually do Salah almost right away and as you get more comfortable, you add more words until it is complete.
You are very welcome my noble brother...and Ma shaa Allah, May The Lord of heavens and earth The Most Merciful bless you and help you with all good Ameeeen

Indeed, Salah is a source of peace how not when it is the connection between you and your Lord The Creator...what more beautiful than submitting to The One Who created us, Who is taking the best care of us and giving us all good...what more beautiful to fall on face and call Him: O God Praise be to you...and cry for Him in that state and asking His forgiveness, love, pleasure and mercy...

Nothing is more beautiful that that moment ever; it has its own sweetness...you are not in the world when you are on the floor remembering The AlMighty and talking to Him..only Him and you and none knows what you are saying but Him...

The Best Lord I have ever known and will know and nothing and none like Him The Exalted...when you know Him and get closer and closer to Him When you are living as His slave and make Him the first the last the everything and above all then I swear you will feel it...that you own the whole world and what's in it all...

No matter what may happen then it is nothing...you fear nothing cause you have Him and the only thing you will fear is to displeases The One you love The Most to lose His love ....

He never disappointed me ever...always giving me the best of the best (even if I can't see that what He Is giving is the best still the best cause He knows what the best for the one He created while I the slave know nothing) and whatever bad thing happen to me then it is because of me being sinful and even with me being sinful still He listens to me when i return to Him in repentance asking for His forgiveness...He forgives and accepts His slave repentance and encourage me always to go ahead not looking back after learning from my mistakes, always carrying me when I slip and fall... laa ilaha illa Allah.

Do i need anyone in this world? No, i need none cause I have The One The Most Perfect Who gave me everything...All Praise, Thanks and Glory be to Allah Who belongs to Him all Might and Majesty...

If Allah wasn't my Lord then I don't wanna be...cause life worth nothing without Him my Lord my Love and Everything. laa ilaha illa Allah.

I love this verse from Qur'aan:

""Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). (162) Surat Al An'aam

May Lord make us deserve being His slaves and help us to worship Him right; keeping us firm on His path of guidance Ameeen

Forgive me for the long post but I just can't hold my self when I think about Him...

gord
04-23-2013, 02:24 AM
No need to ask for forgiveness! That was a wonderful post! Jazakullah (if that is appropriate to say). :)

crimsontide06
04-23-2013, 02:42 AM
welcome!!

Amat Allah
04-23-2013, 11:14 AM
No need to ask for forgiveness! That was a wonderful post! Jazakullah (if that is appropriate to say).
It is appropriate very much, it is a prayer my respected and noble brother which means: May Allah reward you

And I say: wa iyaakum which means: And you too Ameeeeen

Jazaakumu Allahu khayran my respected brother Ameeeeen

Read here if you wish to know more about this phrase:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134318561-shaa-allah-confusion.html#post1571904

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!