/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread

Mustafa2012
04-21-2013, 11:14 PM
:salam:

Peace be upon you all.

Firstly let me make clear that this thread was not my idea.

It was the suggestion of a member on this forum, but after they suggested it, I thought it would be good to create a separate thread for reporting of attacks on innocent citizens of all non western countries.

Since many attacks on innocent citizens of all non western countries go largely un-reported, I thought it was worth creating a thread exclusively for this purpose.

This would enable Western victims to receive the attention they duly deserve in their own exclusive threads.

It will also enable us to compare how much attention innocent victims of non western countries are getting in the media compared to those in the west.

As the title says, this thread is for reporting, sharing info on all non western attacks.

Please post details/links of events as they happen so that those of us not aware of them may benefit from their details.

No disrespect intended to westerners.

Human life is precious regardless of which country it is taken in and what faith the victims believed in.

Innocent victims suffer in all parts of the world. Not just in the West.

I think it's good to have a balance in how attacks on innocent people all over the world are reported.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Thank you for your input.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
04-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Let me be the first to start this off then.

In Nigeria, there were 185 people killed in the fighting between the extremist group Boko Haram and the Nigerian military. Both sides killed civilians in the crossfire. The article doesn't focus on it so much, but this happened in a Muslim neighborhood. Inna lillahi wa 'inna ilaihi raji'oon. Many Muslims died in this attack. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/at-least...ials-1.1247941

Student1996
04-22-2013, 02:49 AM
Today in Syria 80 were killed, only 19 were militant. No surprise as this is too common in Syria these days.

abo mussaab
04-22-2013, 04:30 AM
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KAding
04-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Not a bad initiative, but I have to disapprove of this sentence:
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
This would enable victims of the West to receive the attention they duly deserve in their own exclusive threads.
As if 'Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries' are mostly 'victims of the West' ^o). By framing it like this it almost appears as if the primary intent is to accuse 'the West' rather than remember the innocent civilians dying in forgotten wars.

But in the spirit of the thread:
Eight killed in gun attack in Kenyan town of Garissa
At least eight people have been killed in an attack by a group of armed men in the eastern Kenyan town of Garissa.

Witnesses said the attackers targeted a hotel in the town before escaping the scene.

Five wounded people were taken to hospital, according to the Kenyan Red Cross.

Kenya has suffered a series of attacks since its troops moved into southern Somalia to combat Islamist al-Shabab militants in 2011.

Police confirmed that an operation was under way to identify the assailants.

The town has seen several such attacks in recent months. In January, another shooting in Garissa killed five people and wounded another four.

In October, gunmen shot dead a police officer and wounded another in Garissa. In November, three Kenyan soldiers and two police were shot dead there.

Attacks blamed on al-Shabab have previously sparked retaliatory violence against the country's Somali population.

In November, riots broke out in the capital Nairobi as angry youths blamed ethnic Somalis for a deadly explosion.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22203939
South Sudan clashes: Army 'attacked Lorema hospital'

Five health workers have been killed when South Sudan soldiers attacked a hospital in revenge for the deaths of eight members of the security forces, the local MP has told the BBC.

David Mayo said the fighting was still going on and urged the army to be withdrawn.

Local community leaders confirm that the hospital in the village of Lorema, Eastern Equatoria state, was attacked.

But the state governor denied the reports.

Louis Obong told the BBC that no hospital had been attacked and the security situation was "normal".

An army spokesman said he was investigating the reports and any soldier who had committed abuses would face justice.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22215561

KAding
04-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Actually, the English-language service of Aljazeera is one of the best at reporting about for example conflicts in Africa. They are making a deliberate (business) point out of it to focus a bit more broadly than most Western media.

But regarding the Western media bias. They are called Western media for a reason. Their primary focus is on what happens in the West. Just like Arab media focus mostly on what happens with Arabs and Dutch media focusses on what happens in the Netherlands. After all, they are writing what their audiences care about, as unfortunately an age old cynical rule in journalism is that news_worth = numbers_of_deaths / distance. That sort of tribalism is clearly not just limited to Western media.

LauraS
04-22-2013, 08:04 AM
This would enable victims of the West to receive the attention they duly deserve in their own exclusive threads.

Then can't you remove the above sentence? It's quite offensive. While you may consider those in Afghanistan and in Pakistan being killed by drones "victims of the west"- the west isn't responsible for all cruelty happening in the world.

Jedi_Mindset
04-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I think this is a good thread however there are numerous, numerous of incidents, and we all know the current situation in syria et cetera

6 people, including 14yo girl, killed in Belgorod shooting; gunman at large

http://rt.com/news/belgorod-shooting-russia-killed-198/

'Bombing kills six soldiers in Pakistan’s North Waziristan'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/22/299617/bombing-kills-six-soldiers-in-pakistan/

'Bomb attack kills 9, injures 20 in Iraq'
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04...es-20-in-iraq/

Mustafa2012
04-22-2013, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Not a bad initiative, but I have to disapprove of this sentence:

As if 'Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries' are mostly 'victims of the West' ^o). By framing it like this it almost appears as if the primary intent is to accuse 'the West' rather than remember the innocent civilians dying in forgotten wars.

But in the spirit of the thread:
I understand your concern however I disagree.

It was not my intention to accuse the West of all attacks on non western innocent citizens. I am aware that some attacks are carried out by non westerns as well.

This thread was started after the suggestion of a non Muslim member who wanted the recent Boston victims to have their own thread and suggested that someone create a thread specifically for victims of the Middle East so this thread is the answer to her request.

It's very difficult to please everyone so at least this way everyone gets to mourn their dead without any un-necessary diversions.

Independent
04-22-2013, 10:34 PM
I understand your concern however I disagree.
Mustafa, I think there is an accidental meaning going on here - people are not reading things the way you meant it (I'm guessing). The way it's written, it sounds like you're blaming the west for killing just about everybody.

I think you mean to say simply that victims in the west (ie Boston) should get their own thread, and victims in other countries (eg Syria) also get their own thread. You don't mean to imply that everyone getting killed in Syria is 'a victim of the west' ie killed by the west.

Just write it the other way round - 'This would enable Western victims to receive the attention they duly deserve...' and the mix-up disappears.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise you wouldn't also be writing:

KAding
04-22-2013, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
I think you mean to say simply that victims in the west (ie Boston) should get their own thread, and victims in other countries (eg Syria) also get their own thread. You don't mean to imply that everyone getting killed in Syria is 'a victim of the west' ie killed by the west.

Just write it the other way round - 'This would enable Western victims to receive the attention they duly deserve...' and the mix-up disappears.
Ah yes, perhaps this is just a misunderstanding :). I now see how it the sentence could have been meant differently.

Mustafa2012
04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

:jz:

That was quite an amazingly refreshing video to see for a change.

I am amazed to discover that there are westerners out there that think like this.

This is truly one of the highlights of my day.

This is worth a watch.

Mustafa2012
04-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Mustafa, I think there is an accidental meaning going on here - people are not reading things the way you meant it (I'm guessing). The way it's written, it sounds like you're blaming the west for killing just about everybody.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise you wouldn't also be writing:
Thank you for pointing that out and giving me the benefit of the doubt.

You are right, of course.

I didn't realise I worded it that way so I've updated the original post to say what you suggested.

For the benefit of those who didn't read the original post and the ones that follow, I am not accusing the West of all attacks on non western countries. I am quite aware that some attacks in non western countries are carried out by non westerners.

This thread was actually created after a request by a non Muslim member who wanted to honour the memory of the Boston victims separately from victims of attacks in the Middle East.

LauraS
04-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Oooh, just read it how it was intended now sorry. :)

Mustafa2012
04-22-2013, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Oooh, just read it how it was intended now sorry. :)
Please accept my apologies for the incorrect wording.

abo mussaab
04-22-2013, 11:38 PM
I wish the world would show the mercy and care for the Syrians the way they've managed to show those in Boston.

When bombs went off in Boston the people of Syria were quick to respond with their condolences. For the past 2 years Syria has been embroiled in a civil war. Over 70,000 Syrians have been killed since, over 1.2 million have been displaced within the country and over 1 million have fled Syria to take refuge in surrounding countries.

The situation is bleak, death has become a daily occurrence to the people there. We were very happy to see the people of Boston respond to Syria's condolences with their own.

We are all human, regardless of where you are from or what religion you might be you can still feel empathy for those across borders and cultures. All human life is sacred.

Mustafa2012
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
I think this is a good thread however there are numerous, numerous of incidents, and we all know the current situation in syria et cetera

6 people, including 14yo girl, killed in Belgorod shooting; gunman at large

http://rt.com/news/belgorod-shooting-russia-killed-198/

'Bombing kills six soldiers in Pakistan’s North Waziristan'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/22/299617/bombing-kills-six-soldiers-in-pakistan/

'Bomb attack kills 9, injures 20 in Iraq'
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04...es-20-in-iraq/

:jz:

Of course there are numerous victims.

Please feel free to update this thread as and when new incidents happen.

TrueStranger
04-24-2013, 07:53 AM
The problem isn't about lack of reporting or receiving world coverage since we can find news articles written daily about the tragedies that are occurring across the Muslim world. The problem has mainly to do with the lack of justice and accountability that exists in those parts. It's disheartening to read everyday about multiple tragedies, and then slowly come to the painful realization that barely anyone is being held accountable for these crimes against humanity, and the families of the victims have no one but Allah at the end of the day. May Allah ease their pain and grant them patience, and their deceased Jannah. Ameen.

Mustafa2012
04-24-2013, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
The problem isn't about lack of reporting or receiving world coverage since we can find news articles written daily about the tragedies that are occurring across the Muslim world. The problem has mainly to do with the lack of justice and accountability that exists in those parts. It's disheartening to read everyday about multiple tragedies, and then slowly come to the painful realization that barely anyone is being held accountable for these crimes against humanity, and the families of the victims have no one but Allah at the end of the day. May Allah ease their pain and grant them patience, and their deceased Jannah. Ameen.

The Media is more than just news articles.

There's also TV, Internet, Social Media, Radio, Magazines etc.

I think attacks on innocent victims in the Muslim world or even any other part of the world are not given as much TV and possibly Radio coverage in the West as much as attacks innocent victims in the West are.

I agree that the problem arises as there is a lack of accountability in those parts, however the West just stands by and watches the crimes being committed daily and hardly offers any help to countries like Palestine, Egypt and Syria who all suffered at the hands of their leaders. In fact in some cases it praises the oppressors and supports them financially and otherwise so that they can continue their oppression of Muslims and other nations.

Yet in Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, because those countries had oil they decided to go and rid them of "terrorists" and the fabricated threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

So I think it's a bit of both.

Yes, we have oppressive leaders who shouldn't know better but at the same time the West is turning a blind eye to their crimes and choosing to help some Muslim countries not for the sake of humanity but for financial gain.

The taxes and resources of the common citizens in the West are being used to fund wars based on lies and fabrications just so that the multi-national companies and certain government officials can become wealthier while the citizens are not provided with any return on their hard earned money that is being stolen from them without their consent.

That's something most patriotic Westerns are so blinded to.

Mustafa2012
04-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State

Burmese authorities and members of Arakanese groups have committed crimes against humanity in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Rohingya Muslims in Arakan State since June 2012, Human Rights Watch said in a new report released today.

The 153-page report, “‘All You Can Do is Pray’: Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State,” describes the role of the Burmese government and local authorities in the forcible displacement of more than 125,000 Rohingya and other Muslims and the ongoing humanitarian crisis. Burmese officials, community leaders, and Buddhist monks organized and encouraged ethnic Arakanese backed by state security forces to conduct coordinated attacks on Muslim neighborhoods and villages in October 2012 to terrorize and forcibly relocate the population. The tens of thousands of displaced have been denied access to humanitarian aid and been unable to return home.

“The Burmese government engaged in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya that continues today through the denial of aid and restrictions on movement,” said Phil Robertson, deputy Asia director. “The government needs to put an immediate stop to the abuses and hold the perpetrators accountable or it will be responsible for further violence against ethnic and religious minorities in the country.”

Following sectarian violence between Arakanese and Rohingya in June 2012, government authorities destroyed mosques, conducted violent mass arrests, and blocked aid to displacedMuslims. On October 23, after months of meetings and public statements promoting ethnic cleansing, Arakanese mobs attacked Muslim communities in nine townships, razing villages and killing residents while security forces stood aside or assisted the assailants. Some of the dead were buried in mass graves, further impeding accountability.

Click on links above and below to read full article and report...

Source

Independent
04-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't agree with your description of the way the US and others have responded to crises in Muslim countries. What's more, in two cases (Libya and Syria) you can see a direct relationship between media coverage of humanitarian crises and government policy (ie whether or not to get involved militarily).

the West just stands by and watches the crimes being committed daily and hardly offers any help
Egypt - Mubarrack was a key US ally. It's to their credit that they encouraged him to step down voluntarily in the face of overwhelming popular hostility. Any further direct intervention was not necessary and not wanted. The US did as much as they could reasonably have been asked for. If the US had supported their man like Russia has supported Assad, there would have been civil war in Egypt and Mubarrack would still probably still be clinging to power in a devastated country.

Libya - ironically, at the time of his fall, Gadaffi had never been on better terms with the west. Despite his history, it was not in western political or economic interests to remove him at this time. Contrary to your overall argument, the western media played a huge role in stirring up sympathy for the rebels and, it could be argued, led directly to western military assistance and the success of the rebellion. Russia was angry because they felt the west had gone beyond its UN remit of humanitarian assistance (a fair criticism). However, you may think (as many do) that the removal of Gadaffi was a good thing for Libya and had to happen at some stage no matter what the cost (as he was establishing a dynasty).

Syria - similarly to Libya, western media has been placing huge moral pressure on governments to 'do something'. However, UN permission is impossible because of Russian and Chinese vetoes. Plainly some western countries have been itching to help the rebels with direct military aid, to add to the help the rebels are getting from Muslim sources. You cannot say that the west is doing nothing here, it's Russia and China who are stopping assistance. The inability to provide this assistance is the reason why the war in Syria has ended up in stalemate, while that in Libya ended swiftly.

جوري
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Egypt - Mubarrack was a key US ally. It's to their credit that they encouraged him to step down voluntarily in the face of overwhelming popular hostility. Any further direct intervention was not necessary and not wanted. The US did as much as they could reasonably have been asked for. If the US had supported their man like Russia has supported Assad, there would have been civil war in Egypt and Mubarrack would still probably still be clinging to power in a devastated country.
That's not a realistic picture of what is going on at all. In fact U.S wanted Mubarak to step down for a while and bequeath to his son before things got out of hand- U.S doesn't really care who sits on the throne so long as the system they've in place is maintained .. U.S simply went to plan B.
If you want to know what plan B is, well here it is:

And what's happening in Egypt right now is the marvelous doing of Ann Paterson and McCain.. The voice of reason is lost in the midst of all the rwaybiddah that are let loose and given microphone to spew their BS unfortunately .. similar plan is in place for the entire middle east.
I have posted an excellent article on the matter (In Arabic) including which resources are squandered in dollars and cents, which kings visited whom to do what and were visited by whom for what.. but who is to read? Most people are only interested in what you offer, superficial nonsense that barely scratches the surface.

best,

Independent
04-24-2013, 07:44 PM
I should also have said in my post above - since this is mainly about media - that western media were broadly supportive of the Arab Spring in general, right from the beginning. Over time that reaction has been become more complex because the Arab spring very obviously didn't turn out so well in many cases, but that doesn't change the main point. i don't see how you can say that the media was not supportive of most of the liberation movements? If anything, you could say the media 'bumped' the Uk into intervention in Libya, through relentless moral pressure.

Ahmad H
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
The problem with the Arab Spring was that there was a violent uprising against the tyrannical leaders. This only gives birth to more tyrannical leaders. This is very much against Islamic teachings, since this was war against the oppressive rulers, but Muslims are commanded to be truthful even to their oppressive leaders. That is considered the best jihad. So these wars against oppressive leaderships are wrong, in that war is considered deceit. This only made things worse. Thus, deceit against these leaders breeds worse situations than if the people just obeyed and continued to be transparent with their leaders.

The West had only good intentions to try and help the situation in the Middle East. At least, that is because I am giving them the benefit of the doubt to the governments. I know that the general public in the West only wanted peace for the Middle East, but the politics of the West always interfere. Syria is in the situation its in because of Russia. This is from what I have read in the news. Russia kept vetoing the intervention in Syria. So the dead bodies in Syria are piling up because of them now.

As for the media, they were completely supportive of the Arab Spring. in fact, they coined the term Arab Spring, if I'm not wrong. Although, when I talked about this Arab Spring to some people, they scoffed at this since no country in this "Arab Spring" has come out better than before. i just feel bad for that guy who set himself on fire in Tunisia in protest. that may have triggered this uprising, but unfortunately the results he might have hoped for haven't been reached.

جوري
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
the support was merely an excitement over Condoleezza Rice statement for a 'New middle east'

New Middle East Map
Secretary Condoleezza Rice stated during a press conference that “[w]hat we’re seeing here [in regards to the destruction of Lebanon and the Israeli attacks on Lebanon], in a sense, is the growing—the ‘birth pangs’—of a ‘New Middle East’ and whatever we do we [meaning the United States] have to be certain that we’re pushing forward to the New Middle East [and] not going back to the old one.”1 Secretary Rice was immediately criticized for her statements both within Lebanon and internationally for expressing indifference to the suffering of an entire nation, which was being bombed indiscriminately by the Israeli Air Force

http://www.globalresearch.ca/plans-f...ddle-east/3882

obviously the winds brought that which the ships didn't crave as the Arabic adage goes.

best,

Ahmad H
04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
That sounds pretty disturbing. i didn't know Condoleeza Rice said that.

Independent
04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
in fact, they coined the term Arab Spring, if I'm not wrong
Yes, it was named after the 'Prague Spring' in Czechoslovakia in 1968, which was a spontaneous peaceful movement against Soviet rule. People hoped that the Arab Spring would follow a similar mainly peaceful path.

when I talked about this Arab Spring to some people, they scoffed at this since no country in this "Arab Spring" has come out better than before
Unfortunately, it very often happens that if you remove a long term oppressive dictatorship, it is followed by further conflict and even civil war. They only thing that was holding opposition groups together was a common enemy. Afterwards, they fight to see who will be the successor. It's particularly likely in countries where normal political parties were suppressed so there is no tradition of governments and oppositions moving in and out of power.

Also, the harder the dictator fights to hold onto power, the more the country is weaponised while getting rid of him. So Libya is more unstable than Tunisia.

جوري
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
That sounds pretty disturbing. i didn't know Condoleeza Rice said that.
Yup.. she did.. too bad it brought them that which they despise the most.. so they're trying by every mean to nip it in the bud and go for complete character assassination.. too bad we've many agents and traitors in our midst just so long as their wallets are fattened up to hell with everyone else and especially the Ummah!

Ahmad H
04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
too bad we've many agents and traitors in our midst just so long as their wallets are fattened up to hell with everyone else and especially the Ummah!
And who are these traitors you speak of? I am going to remind you that suspicion in some cases is a sin (49:12). Don't go into conspiracy theories. I only accept facts.

جوري
04-24-2013, 09:38 PM
And who are these traitors you speak of? I am going to remind you that suspicion in some cases is a sin (49:12). Don't go into conspiracy theories. I only accept facts.
An example would be El-Baradi formerly responsible for the death of 1.5 million Iraqis. In fact a Muslim should warn his communities of such people, and they should be tried for high treason and made an example of.. of course he's one amongst many if you'd like names and dates and acts then it is easier to simply read and follow the news!.. Even during the time of the prophet people went to spy on one whom they thought was the Dajjal to warn the people.
I can't be made responsible for what you accept or don't accept. My duty is to warn when I see wrong to change it either physically, with my tongue (or writing) or at least in my heart!

Ahmad H
04-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Muslims don't have a central government like how things were during the days of the Islamic Khilafat. If there was, then there could be people made an example out of. however, there is no authority in place, thus there is no way to hold anyone accountable as if there was some court of justice. Treason applies only in cases when there is a country or a nation of people to protect. For each individual country this is different. If someone were to try and target Muslims, it would be a form of persecution. The government deals with that, not the Ulema.

As for the Dajjal, that was a different situation altogether. It was not a form of treason which the Holy Prophet (saw) worried about, since when he spied on Ibn Sayyad, he wasn't a Muslim at that time, but he was a Jew. He later on became a Muslim. He was able to enter Mecca and Medina without being killed, he had children, and above all, he wasn't a Fitnah for the Muslims. Add to that, Isa (as) didn't descend and kill him. Therefore, he was not the Dajjal. And he didn't even let Hazrat Umar (ra) kill him because of this, because the task was not for the Muslims to deal with themselves. The Dajjal is not prophesied to become a Muslim. And either way, none of the other Dajjals who would appear before the arrival of the Greatest Dajjal would become Muslim either. They would be false Prophets who would die the deaths fitting for a liar, as described in certain places in the Holy Qur'an. All in all, Dajjal doesn't fit in the category of an agent who spies on the Muslims as a Muslim. Ibn Sayyad couldn't have fit that description.

May Allah reward you for doing your best to speak against what is wrong and speak out for what is right. We need more Muslims like this today.

جوري
04-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Not having Islamic governance doesn't denote that the situation should be a free for all, and a breeding ground for injustice. In fact everything that happened in history including the very similar mutinies that happened in the early days should serve as an example for us and a lesson of what next we should do. We still have judges, we still have a system in place and traitors are tried in the same fashion all across the ages and times. If not directly against Islam which they openly fight, then directly against the state from which they proclaim to be citizens of. So yes, whereas I am not judge & executioner - I can certainly voice and raise my concerns and ask :Allah::swt: to open the eyes of the Muslims, to unite them and to rid us of the manure that lurks in our midst and averts our ummah from uniting!

Gator
04-27-2013, 07:51 PM
This is a good idea for a thread. Its just so horrible the constant killings. More attention should go to this.

Bomb Kills 9 Near Pakistan Political Party Office

KARACHI, Pakistan April 26, 2013 (AP)

A bomb exploded on Friday near the office of a main Pakistan political party that had received threats from the Taliban, killing nine people in the latest attack in the run-up to next month's parliamentary election.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...7#.UXwrq8ojLHQ

Gator
04-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Here's a wikipedia site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...80%93June_2013

Gator
04-28-2013, 03:11 PM
And they also have a list of drone strikes. This is just for Pakistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...es_in_Pakistan

Joseph86
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
People are people East West South or North. A certain percent want to control us all. Regardless of any underlying point to each individual. Muslims fight Christians. Christians hate all including themselves Allah(GOD) Loves man and its not supposed to be this way peace is what the world needs not ideological wars cause every person believes different.

Jedi_Mindset
04-30-2013, 10:16 AM
I thought about something and it is too little to make a thread about it but seemingly important. Its about the situation in Syria, israel has accusations of WMD's being used in syria as a excuse for US to come in 'for the rescue(cough cough)' but the US is seemingly ignoring israel's lies right now, while the US democrats and replubicans placed zionists are all in favor of an invasion obama is seemingly quiet right now, the US military is opposing the plan to invade syria from what i read. probably because they will land in a chaos they will never come out, and it will be worse than iraq or afghanistan together. Are the zionists losing power over the US military?

I couldn't make a thread about it since all syria threads have been closed hence i post it here.

Joseph86
04-30-2013, 12:42 PM
I want you all to understand that just because I as a lot of people are from the west does not mean we hate you as fact drones are appalling and serve no point but to kill with no judgment. With that being said the Boston bombing was our own government everytime something happens its blamed on Muslims. Although paramilitary was at Boston with the exact backpacks used. After blast pictures are takin of paramilitary members and the backpacks are gone when a man recorded the tsar nave boys they still had their backpacks. Film was siezed by national security cause it did not fit the bill. A push by the world bankers for global control is what is going on. We are in the Middle East solely to seize oil no other reason

Jedi_Mindset
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joseph86
I want you all to understand that just because I as a lot of people are from the west does not mean we hate you as fact drones are appalling and serve no point but to kill with no judgment. With that being said the Boston bombing was our own government everytime something happens its blamed on Muslims. Although paramilitary was at Boston with the exact backpacks used. After blast pictures are takin of paramilitary members and the backpacks are gone when a man recorded the tsar nave boys they still had their backpacks. Film was siezed by national security cause it did not fit the bill. A push by the world bankers for global control is what is going on. We are in the Middle East solely to seize oil no other reason
To seize oil and destruction and burn all ME/Asian countries to also counter sino interests and ofcourse to protect 'israel'. If you know the timeline, then you will know this was engineered years ago. If not via their troops then via their stooges and proxy armies.

sister herb
05-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (25 April- 01 May 2013)

Thursday, 02 May 2013 00:00

Israeli forces continue systematic attacks against Palestinian civilians and property in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)

Israeli forces extra-judicially executed a member of a Salafi-Jihadist group in the Gaza Strip.

Israeli forces have continued to open fire in the border areas in the Gaza Strip.

1 child was wounded in the northern Gaza Strip.

Israeli forces wounded 4 civilians, including 1 child, while offering protection to Israeli settlers as they carried out attacks.

Israeli forces have continued to use excessive force against peaceful protestors in the West Bank.

3 protestors were wounded during peaceful protests against the annexation wall and settlement activities.

Israeli forces conducted 63 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and 3 limited incursions in the Gaza Strip.

32 Palestinian civilians, including 7 children, were arrested in the West Bank.

Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.

Israeli forces closed the border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Israel for 3 days.

Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.

8 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, were arrested at checkpoints.

Israeli forces have continued activities aimed at creating a Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.

3 houses in al-Tour village and al-Thawri neighbourhood were demolished.

Israeli forces have continued to support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.

Two agricultural rooms and a water well were demolished and more demolition notices were issued in the West Bank.

Settlers conducted a series of violent attacks against Palestinian civilians and set fire to dozens of dunums of farmlands.

Settlers set fire to dozens of vehicles in Deir Jarir village in Ramallah.

Israeli naval forces have continued to target Palestinian fishermen at sea.

Israeli naval forces continued to open fire on Palestinian fishing boats to force them to sail within the limit of 3 nautical miles.

A fisherman was seriously wounded in Rafah, in the south of the Gaza Strip.

http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/in...009&Itemid=183

Jedi_Mindset
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
israel just has said that palestinians have fired 2 another rockets in 'israel', if so then more airstrikes should be expected soon which will undoubtly kill more innocents :(

sister herb
05-02-2013, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
israel just has said that palestinians have fired 2 another rockets in 'israel', if so then more airstrikes should be expected soon which will undoubtly kill more innocents :(
They will kill more like brother Hamiid:

Whose crime is play football at the home garden.

Gator
05-03-2013, 04:14 AM
36 dead, dozens wounded in Iraq car bomb attacks on Shiite cities

Published April 29, 2013

Associated Press

Mideast Iraq Violence_apr29.JPG

April. 29, 2013 - Civilians and security forces gather at the scene of a car bomb attack in the southern Shiite city of Karbala, south of Baghdad, Iraq. (AP)

BAGHDAD – Five car bombs struck in predominantly Shiite cities and districts in central and southern Iraq on Monday, killing 36 people and wounding dozens in the latest wave of violence roiling the country, Iraqi officials said.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for Monday's blasts but coordinated bombings in civilian areas are a favorite strategy used by al Qaeda in Iraq.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04...ling-at-least/

Jedi_Mindset
05-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Israeli regime confirms having conducted air raid on Syria

Israeli officials have confirmed that the Tel Aviv regime has conducted an airstrike on Syria, following speculations by US officials that the Israeli regime had carried out the air assault.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/05...rike-on-syria/

Gator
05-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Suicide Attack on Candidate Kills 12 in Pakistan

By HUSSAIN AFZAL Associated Press
PARACHINAR, Pakistan May 6, 2013 (AP)

A suicide bomber on a motorcycle detonated his explosives near a vehicle carrying a candidate from a hard-line Islamist party in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday, killing 12 people in the second attack on the party in as many days, police said.

No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing, but the Taliban took credit for an attack the day before on the same party, claiming it was targeting a candidate who had supported military operations against the militants in the northwest.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...9#.UYk3ksqpPHQ

Gator
05-07-2013, 05:23 PM
And here's the article from the previous day's attack.

Taliban Bomb Kills at Least 20 at a Pakistan Political Rally
By DECLAN WALSH and ISMAIL KHAN
Published: May 6, 2013

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — A Taliban bomb ripped through a crowded political rally in Pakistan’s tribal belt on Monday, killing at least 20 people and wounding 45 in the deadliest attack so far of the campaign for next Saturday’s national election.

The attack occurred in Kurram tribal region, along the border with Afghanistan, where several thousand tribesmen had gathered at a madrasa to hear Munir Khan Orakzai, a former member of Parliament. The bomb exploded just as Mr. Orakzai finished his speech and was stepping off the stage. The candidate was not injured but the bomb caused widespread devastation; one witness told The Associated Press of a “hell-like” situation with dozens of wounded people crying for help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/07/wo...ally.html?_r=0

Abz2000
05-07-2013, 06:12 PM
http://dayred.com/brutal-massacre-in-bangladesh/

Jedi_Mindset
05-07-2013, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Bro you are in bangladesh now right? You alright?

Gator
05-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Car Bombings Kill Dozens in Center of Turkish Town Near the Syrian Border

The site of one of the blasts on Saturday in Reyhanli, a Turkish town near the border and host to thousands of Syrian refugees.
By KAREEM FAHIM and SEBNEM ARSU
Published: May 11, 2013

REYHANLI, Turkey — Two powerful car bombs killed at least 43 people in this town near Turkey’s border with Syria on Saturday, transforming downtown office blocks into smoldering husks in one of the deadliest attacks on Turkish soil in at least a decade.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/wo...n.html?hp&_r=0

Gator
05-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Commander Denies U.S. to Blame in Afghan Deaths

By ALISSA J. RUBIN
Published: May 13, 2013

KABUL, Afghanistan — The highest-ranking international military commander in Afghanistan has categorically denied any American or NATO responsibility for the deaths of at least 17 women and children after nearly seven hours of intensive airstrikes near their compound in eastern Afghanistan, in the latest development in a case that has greatly raised tensions with the Afghan government.

In an interview, the commander, Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., insisted that the Taliban had caused the deaths, over April 5 and 6 in a mountainous area of Kunar Province, despite the findings of an Afghan government investigation and the accounts of a number of local residents who said the civilians had died of blast injuries incurred after repeated American airstrikes near the house they were in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/wo...ref=world&_r=0

Gator
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Car Bomb Kills at Least 4 in Libya

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK
Published: May 13, 2013

BENGHAZI, Libya — A car explosion on a busy street killed at least four people and injured more than a dozen on Monday, stirring new anger at the failure of the transitional government to fill the security vacuum left by the ouster of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi.

There was no apparent target. The blast, which took place about two blocks from a hospital, may have been set off by a car full of explosives intended for other locations. Over the last week unidentified assailants have bombed at least four empty police stations here in the early hours of the morning, in a new burst of violence after months of sporadic attacks. This was the first of the recent blasts to cause casualties and the first attack in recent memory to hit civilians.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/wo...html?ref=world

جوري
05-14-2013, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gator
military commander in Afghanistan has categorically denied any American or NATO responsibility for the deaths of at least 17 women and children after nearly seven hours of intensive airstrikes near their compound in eastern Afghanistan, in the latest development in a case that has greatly raised tensions with the Afghan government.
wow.. a modern day spontaneous combustion then I guess?

sister herb
05-14-2013, 07:02 PM
IOF raids northern Gaza

[ 13/05/2013 - 09:22 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation forces (IOF) escorted four bulldozers into eastern Beit Hanun in northern Gaza Strip on Monday.

Well-informed security sources said that the IOF force bulldozed citizens’ cultivated land lots after advancing more than 200 meters into the area.

IOF forces invade Palestinian land in Gaza Strip on semi daily basis and bulldoze land in violation of the calm agreement signed with Palestinian resistance factions in Cairo under Egyptian patronage last November.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...NB%2bOreCHE%3d

Gator
05-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Gunmen kill 12 at Baghdad alcohol shops
by AFP
May 15, 2013 , 10 : 49 am

Baghdad: Gunmen armed with silenced weapons shot dead 12 people at alcohol shops in the Iraqi capital on Tuesday, while four people died in other attacks, security and medical officials said.

The gunmen, who were travelling in four vehicles, restrained federal policemen at a checkpoint in the Zayouna area of Baghdad, an interior ministry official said.

They then shot dead 12 people in multiple adjoining alcohol shops nearby, the ministry official said.

A medical official confirmed the toll.

With alcohol forbidden by Islam, Baghdad liquor stores are an attractive target for fundamentalist groups, made more so because they are often staffed by religious minorities.

In other violence on Tuesday, gunmen killed an anti-Qaida militiaman along with his brother in Fallujah, west of Baghdad, while a car bomb in the northern city of Mosul killed a child and wounded 14 people, police and doctors said.

And gunmen killed anti-government protest organiser Abdulrahman al-Badri near the city of Baquba, north of Baghdad, officials said.

Protests broke out in Sunni areas of Shiite-majority Iraq more than four months ago.

Demonstrators have called for the resignation of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, a Shia, and criticised authorities for allegedly targeting their community with wrongful detentions and accusations of involvement in terrorism.

On April 23, security forces moved on protesters near the northern town of Hawijah, sparking clashes that killed 53 people, while dozens more died in subsequent unrest that included revenge attacks against security forces.

http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-15542.aspx

sister herb
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Jewish organizations call for storming Al-Aqsa Mosque on Thursday
[ 14/05/2013 - 09:42 PM ]

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- 148 settlers, accompanied by former MK Michael Ben-Ari and Likud activist Yehuda Clik and guarded by the occupation forces, stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque on Tuesday morning.

Al-Aqsa Foundation for waqf and Heritage reported in a statement that some Jewish organizations called on the Israelis to storm Al-Aqsa Mosque to celebrate their Shavuot holiday, which falls on Wednesday and Thursday.

These organizations have published via their websites ads calling for holding the celebration ceremony inside Al-Aqsa Mosque, with the participation of a number of rabbis, and said that the MK Moshe Feiglin will participate in Thursday's ceremonies.

Al-Aqsa Foundation also noted that the Israeli campaign against Al-Aqsa Mosque has escalated, pointing to MK Mordechai Eugev's remarks that demand building a synagogue in the southern part of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

For his part; Sheikh Kamal Khatib, deputy head of the Islamic movement in the Palestinian 1948-occupied territories, said the repeated raids in Al-Aqsa Mosque have escalated in an unprecedented way.

Meanwhile, Sheikh Raed Salah, head of the Islamic movement in the Palestinian territories, described the demolition of the road to the Mughrebi gate in the beginning of 2007 by the occupation as a heinous crime against Al-Aqsa Mosque and a declaration of war on all the Arab and Islamic world.

Sheikh Salah said that the occupation has been attacking for dozens of times Al-Aqsa Mosque and the worshipers, killing dozens of them and wounding hundreds.

Sheikh Raed Salah's statements came during his testimony in the deliberation session in a file of a Friday sermon he had delivered in Wadi Joz in 2007, and after which the occupation had submitted an indictment against him on charges of inciting to racism and hatred.

The defense team demanded in Monday's session the judge to reject the indictment, but she refused.

Lawyer Mohamed Suleiman Egbariya, as an eyewitness who took part in the Friday sermon mentioned, confirmed that during the sermon Sheikh Salah had talked about the issue of Al-Aqsa mosque, and that the site where the sermon had been delivered had not witnessed violence, as claimed by the prosecution.

After listening to the testimonies the judge appointed another hearing on July 14, 2013.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...bLgsq9WWdaQ%3d

Jedi_Mindset
05-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Today its 'nakba' day, protests here and there but the clashes are not intensive yet. What the zionists will do tommorow will only cause anger among us and probably will cause another intifada. the chaos they create will backfire on themselves, i hope it will. Insha'Allah

جوري
05-15-2013, 02:10 PM
It is actually one of the signs of judgement day that beyt al maqdis will be restored while there will be a destruction of kaaba and an abandonment in Madina

Jedi_Mindset
05-15-2013, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
It is actually one of the signs of judgement day that beyt al maqdis will be restored while there will be a destruction of kaaba and an abandonment in Madina
Thought medinah would be destroyed as well?

(1) Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The flourishing state of Jerusalem will be when yathrib is in ruins, the ruined state of yathrib will be when the great war comes, the outbreak of the great war will be at the conquest of Constantinople and the conquest of Constantinople when the Dajjal (Antichrist) comes forth. He (the Prophet) struck his thigh or his shoulder with his hand and said: This is as true as you are here or as you are sitting (meaning Mu'adh ibn Jabal). (Book #37, Hadith #4281)

sister herb
05-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Gift from zionist to Palestinians for Nakba Day:

:raging:

Israeli settler runs over Palestinian girl in al-Khalil

[ 15/05/2013 - 06:41 PM ]

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- An Israeli settler ran over a 7-year-old Palestinian girl, Hanin Bassem Jabari, near al-Ibrahimi mosque in a-Khalil, Palestinian sources revealed on Tuesday.

The sources confirmed that the Israeli settler was driving too fast, heading to Kiryat Arba settlement where he ran over the girl and he left her bleeding.

The residents protested following the incident in front of the nearby Israeli military tower, while the girl was transferred to Hadassah Ein Karem Hospital in Jerusalem with moderate injuries.

The injured girl's family called on the PA to prosecute the Israeli settler.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...6FMQMINEGUo%3d

sister herb
05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
IOF soldiers detain 20 Palestinians mostly children
[ 16/05/2013 - 10:30 AM ]

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation forces (IOF) detained 20 Palestinians, mostly children, in Tabaka village, south of Al-Khalil, on Thursday.

Local sources said that dozens of IOF soldiers broke into houses in the village and searched them using police dogs and rounded up 150 citizens in one of the squares before arresting 20 of them.

The soldiers targeted children in the age category 14-18 in the arrest campaign and interrogated them on the attack on an army jeep that was burnt in the attack during confrontations on Wednesday on the Nakba anniversary, the sources said.

They pointed out that the IOF released 18 of those arrested after quick interrogation and retained two behind bars.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...UdDpqJIAjmE%3d

sister herb
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Palestinian child injured in the head in Beit Ummar confrontations
[ 15/05/2013 - 09:46 PM ]

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- A Palestinian child was hit with a metal bullet in the head in violent confrontations between inhabitants of Beit Ummar village, north of Al-Khalil, and Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Wednesday.

Activist Yousef Abu Mariya told the PIC that inhabitants had organized a march to commemorate the 65th anniversary of Nakba when IOF soldiers attacked them with teargas and gunfire.

He said that dozens were wounded with bullets or treated for gas inhalation that was used extensively by the soldiers to disperse the demonstration.

Abu Mariya said that the confrontations expanded into various suburbs and alleys in the village as dozens of IOF soldiers were deployed in the main street and near the cemetery and the military roadblock.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...Sr9uXGN6yB8%3d

Gator
05-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Car Bombs in Iraq Kill 12
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: May 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM ET

BAGHDAD — Car bombs struck Shiite neighborhoods of the Iraqi capital and a northern city on Thursday, killing 16 people, while gunmen in Baghdad shot dead the brother of a Sunni lawmaker, officials said.

The attacks followed a wave of bombings Wednesday that also struck in mainly in Shiite neighborhoods, killing 33 people and raising concerns over a return to the sectarian bloodshed in Iraq.

Baghdad police said the first of Thursday's bombings hit a bus and taxi stop during the morning rush hour in the city's eastern Sadr City neighborhood. Nine people were killed, including a 7-year old child, and 16 were wounded in that attack, two officers said.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013...q.html?hp&_r=0

glo
05-16-2013, 03:25 PM
At least 15 people have been killed and dozens wounded in a suicide bomb attack on a military convoy in the Afghan capital, Kabul, officials say.

Two US soldiers and four civilian contractors were among the dead, US and Nato officials said.

Nine Afghan civilians, including two children, were also reported to have died in the blast.

An Islamic militant group, Hezb-e-Islami, told the BBC in a phone call it was responsible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22549355

Gator
05-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Two Bombings at Mosques in Pakistan Kill at Least 13
Arshad Arbab/European Pressphoto Agency

A victim of the bomb attacks in the Malakand region was rushed to a local hospital in Peshawar on Friday.
By ISMAIL KHAN and SALMAN MASOOD
Published: May 17, 2013

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — In what officials called the first major terrorist attack since last week’s general elections, at least 13 people were killed and 30 injured when two bombs ripped through two separate mosques on Friday in a remote mountainous village in northwestern Pakistan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/wo...-pakistan.html

sister herb
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
More than 20 Palestinians injured in different clashes east of Ramallah
[ 18/05/2013 - 11:24 AM ]

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- More than 12 Palestinians on Friday afternoon sustained different injuries during clashes with the Israeli occupation forces near the entrance to Jalazoun refugee camp east of Ramallah city.

According to the Palestinian information center (PIC) reporter in Ramallah, the IOF fired live bullets intensively at the angry young men.

Other clashes also broke out after the Friday prayers in Silwad town east of Ramallah between Palestinian worshipers and Israeli soldiers, who fired a barrage of rubber bullets and tear gas grenades at the protestors.

Consequently, more than 10 Palestinians suffered injuries and one was reportedly detained during the violent events.

Some foreign and local journalists, including a cameraman working for Anatolia news agency, were brutally attacked by the IOF.

In another incident, hundreds of Palestinians performed their Friday prayers on their lands in Deir Jarir village east of Ramallah after they used a bulldozer to level the road leading to these lands.

The IOF, however, attacked the bulldozer and the Palestinian worshipers with tear gas and rubber bullets.

A horde of Jewish settlers also attacked the Palestinians during their presence on their lands and fired live bullets at them with no reported injuries.

The intensity of the tear gas attacks caused vast tracts of cultivated lands to catch fire.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...dGODvwtoNXA%3d

Gator
05-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Egypt Muslim-Christian Clashes Leave 1 Dead
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: May 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM ET

CAIRO — Egyptian security officials say clashes between Muslims and Christians in the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria left one man dead of a heart attack.

Officials say the clashes in the city's el-Dekheila suburb erupted when a Coptic man allegedly sexually harassed a Muslim woman.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013...s.html?hp&_r=0

sister herb
05-18-2013, 02:26 PM
30 Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers in Al-Khalil
[ 18/05/2013 - 11:49 AM ]

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- About 30 Palestinians were injured on Friday afternoon during violent clashes with the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) in Al-Aroub refugee camp and Beit Ummar town in Al-Khalil city.

Coordinator of Beit Ummar popular committee Mohamed Awad said that 14 Palestinian young men sustained injuries when the IOF attacked an event held in Beit Ummar in solidarity with prisoner Ahmed Awad.

One of the young men suffered a serious injury in his left hand and the others suffered rubber bullet injuries.

The IOF also kidnapped a 15-year old boy named Quteiba Sabarneh during the clashes.

In Al-Aroub refugee camp, another young man named Luay Al-Badawi suffered serious injuries in his head and face, and 16 others had different wounds.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...%2bQSgwE9BY%3d

Gator
05-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Gunmen Kill Pakistan Party Official
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: May 18, 2013

KARACHI, Pakistan — The police said gunmen on a motorcycle shot and killed a senior member of a leading Pakistani political party on Saturday.

Officer Sarfaraz Nawaz said the victim, Zohra Shahid, was gunned down outside her home in Karachi in southern Sindh Province. Ms. Shahid was the vice president of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, the party led by the former Pakistani cricket star Imran Khan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/wo...cial.html?_r=0

glo
05-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Two car bombs have killed at least 10 people in the Iraqi southern city of Basra, officials say.

Others are reported to have been injured in the attacks near a bus station and a restaurant.

Attacks in Basra, a mainly Shia Muslim city, are relatively rare compared with other parts of the country.

But in March a car bomb in the city killed 10 and wounded many others. On Saturday gunmen shot and killed a Sunni Muslim cleric.

The latest attacks follow a rise in violence in recent weeks in Iraq linked to growing political and sectarian tension between the Sunni and Shia Muslim communities.

At least 10 policemen were reported killed on Sunday in north-western Iraq in attacks blamed by the authorities on Sunni militants.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22593345

Independent
05-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Will borders change?

With the latest spate of sectarian bombings in Iraq, combined with the situation in Syria, it seems to me that these complicated local wars are gradually morphing into a larger, internationalised stand-off along sectarian lines - Sunni versus Shia. There are many local variations and a complex of outside influences. But fundamentally, this is simplifying into a Sunni v Shia conflict across existing borders.

If you see this latest news from Syria:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22592627
...you can see a further degree of international involvement (Lebanese Hezbollah). Meanwhile in Iraq, the current Shia-led government has failed to integrate either the Sunni or the Kurdish minority.

I wonder if we won't see a slow reconfiguration of the whole area which will lead to large scale permanent border changes (a very rare event indeed post WW2) along sectarian lines. Ultimately the new boundaries will reflect the Sunni or Shia majorities on the ground. Minority Sunni, or minority Shia governments, will shrink back to their heartlands.

In effect, territories will be exchanged to reflect majorities on the ground. However this will not happen in a peaceful way and will involve large scale population movements.

islamica
05-20-2013, 01:14 PM

Asaldin holds Bibi Rashida(3), the daughter of his son Diliwar at their home in the the town of Yakubi in the district of Khost, Afghanistan May 2, 2005. Diliwar, a 22-year-old farmer and part-time taxi driver, died in December 2002 while being held in the main United States air base at Bagram, north of Kabul. His death was ruled a homicide by the Army medical examiner.

How many innocents captured and tortured to death in this 'war on islam' of the west?

sister herb
05-20-2013, 09:09 PM
IOF goes back to using banned weapons against demonstrators
[ 20/05/2013 - 05:13 PM ]

NAZARETH, (PIC)-- Hebrew media sources revealed that Israeli army has renewed using banned weapons during the suppression of peaceful Palestinian demonstrations in the occupied West Bank.

Israeli army used snipers to stop a Palestinian protest near Beit El settlement in the West Bank town of Ramallah last week, Maariv Hebrew newspaper stated on Sunday.

The newspaper said that the Israeli soldiers followed their leaders' commands to open fire, using “Tutu” bullets, claiming the protestors were approaching the settlement.

It is worth mentioning that number of Israeli MKs have called for allowing Israeli soldiers to open fire towards Palestinian protesters in the West Bank especially after seeing Israeli soldiers fleeing during clashes with Palestinian youths due to their leaders' restrictions imposed on them, they claimed.

Tutu bullets are classified by Israeli army as non-lethal weapon. However many Palestinians were killed due to being shot by Tutu bullets.

The Israeli general prosecutor has issued decisions over the past years to prevent the use of these bullets.

Israeli army had previously used snipers to stop protesters during the first and second Palestinian uprisings, killing and injuring many Palestinians.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...C9R1yRyDBHw%3d

glo
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Reserved and halting, the women described what happened to their husbands, brothers and nephews back in their hometown of Qusayr in Syria. They were killed by Syrian rebel fighters, the women said -- murdered because they were Christians, people who in the eyes of radical Islamist freedom fighters have no place in the new Syria.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-846180.html

sister herb
05-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Settlers attack a Palestinian village in the Negev

[ 21/05/2013 - 09:27 PM ]

NEGEV, (PIC) -- Palestinian sources in the Bedouin village of Bir Hadaj in the Negev, in the southern 1948 territories, said that Jewish extremists from Ratmim settlement attacked the village and its residents on Sunday evening.

Salman Ibn Ehmid, head of the local committee in the village, told Quds Press that a group of settlers from Ratmim settlement attacked the citizen Eid Abu Habak, and set fire to his tent and some of his properties.

The settlers closed the Western road leading to Bear Hadaj. In response, the villagers closed the eastern road to the settlement.

Ibn Ehmid added that he was attacked by one of the settlers and that confrontations erupted between the Palestinians and the Israelis; thus the occupation police forces intervened.

For his part; Arab MK Talab Abu Arar accused the Israeli police of standing by the Jewish settlers, as it arrested one of the Palestinian villagers.

He demanded the Israeli police to immediately arrest the settler who set fire to the tent, as well as the one who attacked the head of the local committee.

The town of Bir Hadaj has been recently exposed to repeated attacks by the Israeli policemen who have been storming the village in order to distribute demolition orders for a number of houses.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...2s5n6nXMpVA%3d

Gator
05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Deadly bombings continue across Iraq
At least 20 people killed and scores injured in blasts in capital and beyond amid escalating sectarian violence.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...021468873.html

sister herb
05-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Jewish extremists run over a Palestinian female student near Safed

[ 22/05/2013 - 09:02 PM ]

NAZARETH, (PIC)-- A female student at the Safed College, in the northern 1948-occupied territories, sustained injuries after being run over deliberately by Jewish extremists' vehicle; while crossing the road heading to her college.

The Association of Arab students at Safed College asserted in a press statement that they recognized the car which belongs to supporters of the Jewish extremist Bar Salab.

Following the incident, the ambulances arrived to the place and took the student to the Western Galilee Hospital to receive treatment, while her father filed a complaint to the Israeli police.

The Association demanded the Israeli police to enforce the law and chase those extremists; especially because they fled from the place after running over the young woman.

Few days ago, Jewish extremists wrote racist slogans on the wall of an apartment in the city inhabited by three Palestinian female students from the same college.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...Jyl%2fYvkxg%3d

Jedi_Mindset
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Al Mezan: Israeli denial of al-Dorra Killing is a new attempt to hide IOF crimes

Al Qassam website- Gaza- Al Mezan Center for Human Rights strongly denounced the Israeli authorities’ denial of its responsibility for the killing of the child Mohammed al-Durra during the second Palestinian uprising in 2000, saying that it is "a new Israeli attempt to exempt forces from responsibility for violations of International law."The Israeli government’s investigation committee, which was formed in September 2012 in order to conduct investigations into the killing of the Palestinian child, Mohammed al-Durra, stated that at the end of the film that captured the incident and was aired by the French television channel France 2, al-Durra was still alive.Al Mezan Center for Human Rights condemns "Israel’s policy of denial as an attempt to escape its responsibility for the death of Mohammed. The formation of the investigation committee came 12 years after the incident, heard no witnesses and reviewed no credible resources about the event."The French channel’s correspondent who filmed the incident where Jamal al-Durra and his young son were targeted and were trying to protect themselves from live fire.The Israeli occupation forces continue to mislead public opinion regarding its actions in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt), especially in the Gaza Strip, the center noted.Al Mezan stressed that “Israel has thus far refused to cooperate with almost all of the UN investigative missions to the oPt.”Israel has amended its laws to prevent Palestinians' access to any form of justice or redress within the Israeli justice system. This development entrenches a serious state of impunity and denial of any remedies for Palestinians affected by Israel’s occupation of the oPt and acts as encouragement to the Israeli occupying forces to violate the rules of international law, the center added in its press release.The center concluded by stressing that the international community's failure to stand by its obligations has further encouraged Israel to continue with its crimes and policies of denial and impunity, with complete disregard to its obligation under International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law.

http://www.qassam.ps/news-7032-Al_Me...OF_crimes.html

sister herb
05-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Settler runs over a child in al-Khalil
[ 23/05/2013 - 09:47 PM ]

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- An Israeli vehicle driven by a settler on Wednesday afternoon run over a 9-year-old Palestinian girl, near the Ibrahimi Mosque in al-Khalil.

Palestinian human rights sources confirmed that a Jewish settler run over the child Zeinab Fakhouri in Salayma neighborhood east of the Ibrahimi Mosque and fled the scene.

The child was seriously injured and transferred to the hospital to receive treatment.

Deliberate hit and run cases by Israeli settlers and military vehicles continue to occur, especially on the bypass roads used by the settlers.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...JuAWldV8cVc%3d

sister herb
05-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Occupation demolishes 11 Jerusalemite houses within one day

[ 23/05/2013 - 09:50 PM ]

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- The Israeli authorities on Tuesday demolished 11 apartments in the occupied city of Jerusalem, displacing more than one hundred Jerusalemite citizens, mostly women and children.

Wadi Al-Helwa Information Center said in a report published on Wednesday that the Jerusalem municipality teams, accompanied by military and police forces, demolished in Tur neighborhood and Jabal Mukaber in eastern Jerusalem 7 Palestinian houses and a residential building of four apartments.

The occupation authorities said the apartments were built without a permit on lands threatened with confiscation, and started the demolition without any prior notice.

The Information Center said the residential building in the Jabal Mukaber, which consisted of four apartments, has been built since 1973, and that some years ago the occupation tried to buy it.

The building's owner asserted that he had repeatedly tried to obtain building permits from all Israeli competent authorities, but his request was turned down because of the occupation's plans to confiscate the building for establishing Jewish Gardens in its place.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...XvezFH5x2Xc%3d

sister herb
05-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Settlers Puncture Car Tires Near Bethlehem, Write Racist Graffiti
author Friday May 24, 2013 09:35author by IMEMC & Agencies Report post

A number of extremist Israeli settlers punctured tires of five vehicles near the Gilo Israeli settlement, illegally built on Palestinian lands near Beit Jala city, in the West Bank district of Bethlehem.

Local sources reported that the settlers punctured tires, and wrote racist graffiti against the Arabs and the Palestinians, including Price Tag graffiti.

The Israeli Police said that three of the cars belong to the Palestinians, and two cars are actually owned by Israelis, but the settlers apparently thought the Palestinians own the two cars.

Gilo, built on lands that belong to the Palestinians, is considered by Israel to be a “suburban area” of occupied Jerusalem.

Extremist settlers attacking Palestinian property, especially when Israel dismantles illegal settlement outposts, repeatedly write “Price Tag” graffiti referring to the belief that the Palestinian must “pay the price” every time the military dismantles an illegal outpost.

These attacks included repeatedly burning and attempting to burn mosques and churches, defacing property and graveyards, in addition to graffiti insulting Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammad.

http://www.imemc.org/article/65541

sister herb
05-25-2013, 07:59 PM
IOF storms Jenin, renews detainee's arrest
[ 25/05/2013 - 11:52 AM ]

JENIN, (PIC)-- The Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) raided on Friday night and Saturday morning several villages in Jenin in northern West Bank.

IOF soldiers violently stormed and searched on Saturday morning a warehouse in Anin village in Jenin where they questioned its owner for more than two hours, local sources reported.

Israeli forces have also stormed Yabad village, southern Jenin, and stationed in the road between Yabad and Amrih villages where they fired flare bombs.

Occupation troops broke into Kvert and Dohr Abd villages and set up a military checkpoint on their entrances.

IOF stormed and conducted combing operations on Friday night in agricultural lands in Jalama area looking for water wells.

Eyewitnesses confirmed that the soldiers questioned the lands' owners concerning the area wells. Furthermore, the Israeli soldiers set up a check point in the mentioned area and checked the citizens' identities.

On the other hand, Jalama Military Court extended the arrest of Mohammed Ahmad Zakarneh, 34, from Qabatiya for an additional week pending further investigation.

Local sources affirmed that the Israeli court extended Zakarneh's detention under the pretext of the alleged security file.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...gm8X%2blsqk%3d

sister herb
05-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Settlers burn olive trees with chemicals in Nablus

[ 25/05/2013 - 04:41 PM ]

NABLUS, (PIC)-- Laboratory results carried out by residents of Burin village, southern Nablus, showed that Jewish settlers used during attacks on the village lands toxic chemicals that burned thousands of acres of olive trees and agricultural crops.

Eyewitnesses and residents of the village said that the settlers sprayed toxic chemicals on the olive trees and agricultural crops, which led to burning them.

The villagers and their lands are constantly exposed to attacks by settlers, especially from the settlements of Brakhah and Yitzhar established on the lands of Burin village.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...XOXRNKJokbY%3d

-------------------------

Does zionist police ever investigate those acts of settlers about this arson attact? No, never. Does any court ever punish attackers by any way? No, never. Can Palestinian farmers ever get any kind of financial compensation for they destroyed trees? No, never.

Why?

Because attackers were jews and victims were Palestinians.

glo
05-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Baghdad car bombs kill more than 57
At least 57 people have been killed in a series of car bombs targeting mainly Shia areas in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, police say.

Many more were wounded as at least a dozen bombs hit busy shopping areas and markets in the city.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22682400

Jedi_Mindset
05-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Israel supplies Gaza hospitals with killer gas

Palestinian sources say the Israeli regime has supplied Gaza hospitals with a potentially killer gas to be used for anesthetic purposes, Press TV reports.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza said Israel, which is the sole supplier of nitrous oxide gas to Gaza hospitals, gave them carbon dioxide gas posing as nitrous oxide.

Four patients have died after inhaling carbon dioxide instead of nitrous oxide during surgical operations.

Gaza Health Minister Ashraf al-Qudra described the Tel Aviv regime’s move an “unethical crime,” saying, “We hold the Israeli regime fully responsible for endangering the lives of our patients.”

“This is another attempt by Israel to make life harder for the people of Gaza amid the ongoing blockade. Israel is the sole supplier of nitrous gas and there is no one else to blame but the Israeli occupation,” al-Qudra added.
Nitrous oxide mixed with oxygen is given to patients to ease the pain and induce sleep prior to surgeries. Experts say replacing nitrous oxide with carbon dioxide will cause cardiac arrest and can lead to death.

According to human rights organizations, hundreds of Gazans have died in past years as a direct result of the choking Israeli blockade.

Al-Dameer Association for Human Rights has called for an international investigation into what it described as a new Israeli crime.

“Israel is known for its crimes against Palestinian patients and the health sectors for many years and we all know that it has been doing experiments on Palestinian prisoners,” Samer Mousa of al-Dameer told Press TV.

“So the switching of medical gas does not come as surprise for us. We are calling on the World Health Organization and the Red Cross to make a thorough investigation into this case,” he added.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/05...azan-patients/

Gator
05-28-2013, 02:43 AM
At Least 53 Are Killed in Bombings in Baghdad

The scene of a car bombing in central Baghdad on Monday. A wave of attacks in Shiite neighborhoods added to fears of renewed sectarian fighting.
By DURAID ADNAN
Published: May 27, 2013

BAGHDAD — More than 50 people were killed in a wave of car bombings on Monday that struck Shiite neighborhoods in Baghdad despite tightened security measures, officials and security forces said.
Related

Attacks in Iraqi Cities Raise Fears of Renewed Sectarian Conflict (May 21, 2013)

The attacks started during the afternoon rush hour. A car bomb exploded at a public market, killing six people, the police said. Just after that, eight car bombings hit Shiite neighborhoods, including Huriya, Sadr City, Baya, Zafaraniya and Kadhimiya.

Altogether, at least 53 people were killed in the attacks and more than 100 were wounded, yet another sign of a surge in violence as sectarian tensions have risen in the last month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/28/wo...q.html?hp&_r=0

Gator
05-28-2013, 03:45 AM
28 dead in Lebanon Sunni-Alawite clashes
AFPBy AFP | AFP – Sat, May 25, 2013

A Lebanese gunmen in the Sunni district of Bab al-Tabbaneh fires following overnight clashes with the Alawite neighbourhood of Jabal Mohsen in the northern Lebanese port city of Tripoli, on May 25, 2013. Firefights in northern Lebanon between Sunni Muslims and Alawites -- the Shiite offshoot sect to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad belongs -- have killed 28, a security source said Saturday
View Photo

AFP/AFP - A Lebanese gunmen in the Sunni district of Bab al-Tabbaneh fires following overnight clashes with the Alawite neighbourhood of Jabal Mohsen in the northern Lebanese port city of Tripoli, on May 25, …more

Firefights in northern Lebanon between Sunni Muslims and Alawites -- the Shiite offshoot sect to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad belongs -- have killed 28 people, a security source said on Saturday.

Rocket-propelled grenades, mortars and machineguns have all been used in six days of clashes in the port city of Tripoli, in the deadliest violence to rock the country for years.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28-dead-leb...0.html#vrhtLAC

Gator
05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
New wave of bombings in Iraq leaves at least 13 dead
Iraqis inspect site of blast in Baghdad on May 30, 2013

Iraqis inspect site of blast in Baghdad on May 30, 2013 / Getty

BAGHDAD A series of morning bomb explosions in Baghdad and the northern Iraqi city of Mosul on Thursday killed at least 13 people and wounded dozens in the latest eruption of violence rattling the country, officials said.

Iraq is facing its most relentless wave of bloodshed since the 2011 U.S. military withdrawal, deepening fears that the country is heading back toward the widespread sectarian fighting that pushed it to the brink of civil war in the years after the invasion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...least-13-dead/

Gator
05-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Activists: Troops attack convoy in key Syrian town

Published: May 30, 2013 Updated 10 hours ago
Mideast Syria

By BASSEM MROUE — Associated Press

BEIRUT — Syrian troops on Friday attacked a convoy trying to evacuate wounded people from a central town near the border with Lebanon, killing at least seven, as rebel reinforcements infiltrated the besieged area to fight government forces backed by Lebanese Hezbollah fighters, activists said.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2013/05/...-received.html

sister herb
06-02-2013, 05:11 PM
IOF kidnap eight Palestinians in W. Bank

[ 02/06/2013 - 01:11 PM ]

WEST BANK, (PIC)-- The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) kidnapped last night and at dawn Sunday eight Palestinian citizens at checkpoints and during raids on homes in different West Bank areas.

According to local sources, the IOF kidnapped Mu'taz Mazen, a 21-year old young man from Al-Aroub refugee camp, north of Al-Khalil, as he was trying to cross the Container checkpoint.

The IOF also stormed the house of Maher Salah, a 32-year old young man from Dar Salah village to the east of Bethlehem, and handed him a summons from the Israeli intelligence office in Gush Etzion settlement.

Other eyewitnesses told the Palestinian information center (PIC) that Israeli soldiers aboard three armored jeeps was encircling at an early hour today a house belonging to Zahida family in Al-Harayek area of Al-Khalil city without knowing the reasons until the moment of reporting.

Three other young men in their early twenties were also taken prisoners during raids in Al-Bireh and Al-Mazra'a towns near Ramallah city.

In another incident, the town of Beta Al-Tahta saw several raids on homes at dawn without any reported arrests.

Earlier, the IOF kidnapped last night two young men from Yamoun and Tallouza villages at a checkpoint they had established near Bizzariya village.

They also detained another young man after his return from an educational trip in Turkey through King Hussein Bridge.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...CxrygODx8BM%3d

Gator
06-04-2013, 12:30 AM
11 Afghan Children Killed In 2 Taliban Bombings
Parwiz/Reuters

Afghans prepare to bury victims of a roadside bomb that killed a family of seven — including two children — on their way home from collecting firewood in Meturlam, the capital of Laghman Province.
By AZAM AHMED
Published: June 3, 2013

KABUL, Afghanistan — Taliban attacks in eastern Afghanistan on Monday killed 2 American soldiers and 17 Afghans, including at least 11 children, adding to a particularly deadly season for civilians this year.

A suicide bomber targeted American forces in a remote district of Paktia Province, killing two soldiers, an Afghan policeman and at least nine children.

Early Monday, a roadside bomb destroyed a small truck, killing a family of seven — including two children — on their way home from collecting firewood in Mehtarlam, the capital of Laghman Province, officials said. A second attack, apparently aimed at American forces in a remote district of Paktia Province, killed two soldiers, an Afghan policeman and at least nine children when a suicide attacker on a motorcycle set off his bomb near a boys’ school.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/04/wo...s.html?hp&_r=0

Mustafa2012
06-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Syria: France Has 'Proof' Chemical Weapons Used

France says tests on chemical samples taken from Syria prove the deadly nerve agent sarin gas has been used several times during the civil conflict.

Foreign minister Laurent Fabius made the announcement on Tuesday, citing tests carried out by a French laboratory, but did not give any details of where or by whom the poison gas had been used.
He said: "These tests show the presence of sarin in various samples in our possession.

"France is certain that sarin gas was used several times in Syria in limited areas.
"It would be unacceptable that those guilty of these crimes remain unpunished."
He added that the test results had been handed to the United Nations.

British Foreign Secretary William Hague said he welcomed the decision by France to share the information related to the samples with a UN investigation.

"The scale of the atrocities being committed by the Assad regime is becoming ever clearer," he said.

"This announcement adds further weight to the need for a full and unimpeded investigation into all relevant incidents. The UN investigation team must be allowed unrestricted access to investigate on the ground in Syria and we call on the Assad regime to fully cooperate with it."

The US said more work needed to be done to establish who was responsible for the use of sarin gas, the amount used and the circumstances in which the chemical weapon was used.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said: "As the President (Barack Obama) made clear, we need to expand the evidence we have, we need to make it reviewable, we need to have it corroborated before we make any decisions based on the clear violation the use of chemical weapons would represent."

Sky's US Correspondent Amanda Walker said both sides have been accused of war crimes.
She said the UN had been allowed to investigate a claim by the government that opposition forces had used chemical weapons in an attack on March 19 near the city of Aleppo, but not any other.
"They do have a Swedish-led team that they want to put into Syria," she said.

"They have been denied entry to investigate further claims that the government has been using chemical weapons, the opposition say, in at least six attacks."

She added: "Sarin is one of the most deadly chemical agents in the world - a single drop can kill a person, inhaled or absorbed."

UN investigators had earlier said there were "reasonable grounds" to believe chemical weapons had been used in Syria.

The organisation's human rights group said it had received allegations that both the country's government and rebels had used limited quantities of toxic substances, but most testimony related to their use by state forces.

Paul Pinheiro, the chair of the commission, said: "It has not been possible, on the evidence available, to determine the precise chemical agents used, their delivery systems or the perpetrator."

The inquiry examined four reported toxic attacks in March and April, interviewing victims, medical staff and refugees who had fled the affected areas.

But the team behind the investigation said the inconclusive findings show that full access to Syria is needed for the UN to form a complete picture of the atrocities.

The 29-page report on human rights abuses in the ongoing civil war also described war crimes and crimes against humanity which have reached "new levels of brutality".

Leaders of Syria's military and government were accused of "a concerted policy" of violations, including the bombing of cities and executing of civilians, which investigators said they must be held accountable for.

The conflict has now lasted for 26 months and claimed more than 80,000 lives.

The UN report blamed both government and rebel forces for carrying out murder, torture and rape, but said the intensity and scale of the crimes committed by the state outweighed those committed by opposition fighters.

Details of various recent massacres were also given, with evidence pointing to government-backed militia for the killing of dozens of women and children in the villages of Baida and Banias in May.
In a separate case linked to rebels near Deir al Zor, investigators said they believed that a child took part in the beheading of two kidnapped soldiers.

The total number of massacres committed in Syria since September now stands at 30.
Earlier Russian President Vladimir Putin defended his country's right to sell arms to the Syrian government but added that they had not yet delivered S-300 missile systems.

Speaking after a summit with EU leaders in Yekaterinburg, Putin also emphasized his belief that any foreign military intervention in the civil war was doomed to fail.

Source

S
ource 2

Mustafa2012
06-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Staff Sgt Robert Bales admits Afghan massacre

US soldier Robert Bales has avoided the death penalty for murdering 16 Afghan civilians last year, after a military judge accepted his guilty plea.

Bales earlier admitted killing the civilians, saying there was "not a good reason in this world" for the massacre.

He said he wandered away from a US outpost in Kandahar province and attacked two villages nearby in the early hours of 11 March 2012.

A jury must now decide if Bales's life term will include possible parole.

The sentencing hearing has been scheduled for 19 August.

The judge, as well as the commander of Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington state, where the hearing has taken place, were required to approve any plea deal.

'Without justification'

At the start of the hearing on Wednesday, military judge Col Jeffery Nance asked Bales to describe why he thought he was guilty.

The soldier read from a statement describing each killing in the same terms:

"I left the VSP [Village Stability Platform] and went to the nearby village of Alkozai. While inside a compound in Alkozai, I observed a female I now know to be Na'ikmarga. I formed the intent to kill Na'ikmarga, and I did kill Na'ikmarga by shooting her with a firearm. This act was without legal justification, sir."

When asked why he committed the murders, Bales responded: "Sir, as far as why I've asked that question a million times since then. There's not a good reason in this world for why I did the horrible things I did."

Asked about burning the victims, Bales said he remembered a kerosene lantern in the room and recalled a fire and having matches in his pocket when he returned to the base, but not setting the bodies on fire.When pressed whether he had set the bodies on fire, Bales said: "It's the only thing that makes sense, sir."

Bales's lawyers have said he is contrite about the killings.

Lawyer John Henry Browne described Bales as "crazed" and "broken" on the night of the attack.
At the time, Bales was serving his fourth tour of duty and had been drinking alcohol and snorting Valium.
In addition to the 16 murdered, six Afghans were injured.

Afghans unsatisfied

Seventeen victims were women or children, and many of them were shot in the head. Some of the bodies were piled up and burnt.

Bales's defence lawyers said they had determined the soldier would not be able to prove any claim of insanity or diminished capacity.

While prosecutors originally said they would seek the death penalty, no US service member has been executed in more than 50 years.

Family members of those killed earlier told the BBC they were outraged that he might not be put to death.

"We will not be satisfied unless he is executed," Haji Abdul Baqi, whose cousins were killed or injured in the attack, told BBC Afghan.

"If they don't execute him, they are showing their power. He martyred 16 of our people, but they are not executing the one person who did all that. Would they forgive us if we killed 16 Americans?"

Source

P.S Is this not an act of terrorism?

Jedi_Mindset
06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
This clear as a act of terrorism and a war crime, i believe he should be brought to justice by the afghans, and if he gets death penalty that the families of the victims should execute him the same way as he killed his victims.

Gator
06-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Iraq car bombs kill five people and injure 20

Attacks target Baghdad Shia neighbourhood and police convoy in Mosul, a day after suicide attack kills eight Iranian pilgrims

Associated Press
guardian.co.uk, Saturday 8 June 2013 07.24 EDT

Five people have been killed by two car bombs in Iraq.

One of the bombs detonated in a Baghdad Shia neighbourhood and the other exploded close to an Iraqi police convoy.

Police said the first of the two attacks occurred on Saturday morning in a commercial street in the al-Ameen district, killing four people and wounding 18 others. Several shops were damaged in the attack.

One policeman was killed and two others were wounded after a car bomb struck a police convoy in the northern city of Mosul.

On Friday, a suicide car bomb attack killed eight Iranian pilgrims and wounded 25 others north of Baghdad.

The bomber rammed his explosive-laden car into a bus carrying Iranian Shia pilgrims who were on their way to visit shrines in the city of Najaf.

The attack took place near the town of Muqdadiyah, about 60 miles north of Baghdad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...car-bombs-kill

sister herb
06-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Ayyash: Israeli navy continues to chase Gaza fishermen
[ 08/06/2013 - 05:02 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Nizar Ayyash, chairman of Palestinian fishermen syndicate in Gaza, said that the Israeli naval forces have continued to target Palestinian fishermen and rob them of their boats.

Ayyash told PIC's reporter that the occupation forces have been chasing and arresting the fishermen, shooting them, destroying their boats, and seizing their fishing tools, on a daily basis.

The Israeli forces have recently arrested two fishermen and took them to the port of Ashdod. They were questioned and abused before being released yesterday evening at the Beit Hanoun crossing.

The occupation navy destroyed the boat engine of the two fishermen before their arrest, Ayyash added.

The Israeli occupation authorities announced by the end of May that it would extend the fishing zone for Gaza fishermen to six miles, as it was agreed upon in the calm agreement signed after the “Battle of the Shale Stones”; however the Israeli forces did not stop targeting fishermen.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...szJbKIW5aaQ%3d

-----------------------------------------------
By official reason for kind of attacks Israel explains is that fishermens try to smuggle weapons to Gaza. Real reason is that Israel want to use natural gas from the regional waters of Gaza and wants to controll sea of Gaza area alone. There is the richest natural gas deposits of the Easter Mediterranean area.

Jedi_Mindset
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
By official reason for kind of attacks Israel explains is that fishermens try to smuggle weapons to Gaza. Real reason is that Israel want to use natural gas from the regional waters of Gaza and wants to controll sea of Gaza area alone. There is the richest natural gas deposits of the Easter Mediterranean area.

Not only that, lebanon wants them as well, we can say that its a 'energy-war'.

Why do you think a pipeline will be contructed from cyprus to israel?

Israel wants whole mediterrean for itself regarding the gas fields, this includes gasfields infront of syria.

KAding
06-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Iraq gunmen kill 14 people at fake checkpoint

At least 14 people have been killed at a fake security checkpoint manned by gunmen in western Iraq, officials say.

The checkpoint was reportedly set up along the main highway to Saudi Arabia, near the town of al-Nukhaib, in the predominantly Sunni province of Anbar.

One report said those killed were all policemen; another identified them as soldiers and civilians from Karbala.

They were stopped by the gunmen and appeared to have been executed, officials told the Associated Press.

The sectarian violence in Iraq has escalated in recent weeks, raising fears of a more sustained period of violence between Iraq's Shia Arab majority and the minority Sunni community.

More than 1,000 people were killed in the nationwide unrest in May, according to the United Nations, the highest monthly death toll since the height of the insurgency in 2006 and 2007.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22782763
It seems that Iraq is descending into sectarian chaos once again :(.

glo
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
A Lebanese man apparently protesting against the role of Hezbollah in the Syria conflict has been killed by gunfire outside the Iranian embassy in Beirut, Lebanese security sources say.

A small group was protesting at the embassy against the Shia movement and its backer, Iran, over their involvement in Syria.

It is not yet known who killed the protester.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22832615

sister herb
06-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Israeli warplanes launch mock raids on Gaza

[ 10/06/2013 - 01:14 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Israeli warplanes launched a number of mock raids on the Gaza Strip afternoon Monday, a PIC reporter said.

He said that Israeli F16s dropped bombs off the coast of Gaza causing big bangs that resounded in all areas of the coastal enclave.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...MBlXhWd%2fI%3d
Even as they are "mock" raids, they scare people in there - specially children! :raging:

Jedi_Mindset
06-10-2013, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Israeli warplanes launch mock raids on Gaza

[ 10/06/2013 - 01:14 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Israeli warplanes launched a number of mock raids on the Gaza Strip afternoon Monday, a PIC reporter said.

He said that Israeli F16s dropped bombs off the coast of Gaza causing big bangs that resounded in all areas of the coastal enclave.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...MBlXhWd%2fI%3d
Even as they are "mock" raids, they scare people in there - specially children! :raging:
Thats their point with these mock raids, their goal is to demotivate the resistance, however it fails time after time. They haven't brought fear into the hearts of the palestinian people, rather they have brought more hope in their hearts. The israelis are acting aggressively lately because they know their time is running out. And before that they want to drag the arab world into a big turmoil.

Abu Umamah al Bahili reported that the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) as saying: "A group of my ummah will remain firm upon the truth, dominating their enemies. They will not be harmed by their opponents until Allah’s decree arrives upon them." They asked: "Oh Prophet of Allah! Where will they be?" He replied: "In Bait al-Maqdis and its surrounding areas." [Ahmad]

glo
06-10-2013, 09:11 PM
More than 40 people have died in a wave of bombings and attacks in central and northern Iraq, officials say.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22838865

Gator
06-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Taliban Bomb Kills Court Workers in Kabul

A victim of a bomb attack outside Kabul's Supreme Court complex on Tuesday.
By ROD NORDLAND
Published: June 11, 2013

KABUL, Afghanistan — Within hours of the top United Nations official in Afghanistan issuing a statement saying the Taliban had “signaled their willingness” to talk about reducing civilian casualties, militants set off a bomb that killed at least 17 civilians and wounded 39 others, many of them critically, outside the capital’s Supreme Court complex on Tuesday.

The powerful explosion, felt throughout central Kabul, destroyed three buses taking court workers home from their jobs, according to Gen. Dawood Amin, the deputy Kabul police chief. He said the death toll might rise beyond 17, as the authorities were still searching for bodies. The victims included at least nine women and several children, he said, but no police or military personnel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/12/wo...s.html?hp&_r=0

glo
06-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Rebels have attacked a village in eastern Syria, killing dozens of Shia Muslim residents, activists say.

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said at least 60 people, mostly pro-government fighters, died in Hatla on Tuesday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22870776

sister herb
06-12-2013, 04:48 PM
2 Jerusalemites are deported after being attacked by settler

[ 11/06/2013 - 06:19 PM ]

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- The Israeli police has released on Monday two Jerusalemite youths on deportation order for 3 days from their houses and work places.

Muhammad Ghaith, 23, and his friend Ali Kiresh, 21, have submitted a complain in a police station against an Israeli settler who threatened them with a knife, however they were surprised that the Israeli settler has complained against them claiming that they tried to hit him with a metal object.

Ghaith said that the Israeli settler belongs to the Israeli settlement Assembly Elad where he hit him and tried to stab him with a knife but the neighborhood residents intervened.

The Israeli police released Ghaith and his friend on fine of 3 thousand shekels and a deportation order for 3 days.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...nuGaewXy1hU%3d

sister herb
06-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Israeli military court sentenced two Palestinian children to jail

[ 12/06/2013 - 10:45 AM ]

JENIN, (PIC)-- The Israeli military court in Salem, north of the West Bank, sentenced two Palestinian children from Burkin village in Jenin to three months in jail without any consideration to their age.

Local sources said that the court sentenced 13-year-old Ahmed Khalaf and 14-year-old Osama Subuh to three months in jail and a fine of 2000 shekels on each one of them.

The sources said that the court refused the lawyer’s request for their release in view of their age and insisted that they should stand trial.

Both children were arrested around a month ago near the Jalama checkpoint, north of Jenin.

http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...9t%2bxo3rag%3d

Gator
06-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Taliban beheads two boys in southern Afghanistan

ReutersReuters – Mon, Jun 10, 2013

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Taliban fighters beheaded two boys aged 10 and 16 as a warning to villagers not to cooperate with the Afghan government, local officials said.

The boys, named Khan and Hameedullah, had travelled to Afghan army and police checkpoints near their home in the southern province of Kandahar, scrounging for leftover food to bring to their families, the officials said.

"The boys were on their way back ... when they were stopped by Taliban insurgents who beheaded them," the chief of Zhari district, Jamal Agha, told Reuters. "Both of them were innocent children and had nothing to do with government or foreigners."

http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-behead...153319841.html

Gator
06-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Pakistan: 11 female university students among 24 killed in Quetta bus bombing

Another four injured in second blast at hospital where victims were being treated.

At least 24 people have been killed, 11 of them female university students, and many others injured after a bomb was set off near a bus in the Pakistani city of Quetta.

A second device was then detonated at the hospital where friends and relatives had gone to visit the injured and gunmen storm the building. The situation remains ongoing.

Reports said the initial blast happened in the car-park of the Sardar Badur Khan Women’s University just as students were heading home after lessons. The injured were taken to the Bolan Medical Hospital where local officials and police were among the visitors. At least four people were hurt in the second blast.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...g-8660081.html

Gator
06-16-2013, 11:47 PM
51 killed in new wave of Iraq attacks
By Sinan Salaheddin, Associated Press 4 p.m. EDT June 16, 2013

(Photo: Nabil Al-Jurani, AP)

10 coordinated car bombs and a shooting across Iraq
Violence has killed at least 51 and wounded dozens
Blasts hit half a dozen cities and towns in the south and center of the country

BAGHDAD (AP) — A blistering string of apparently coordinated bombings and a shooting across Iraq killed at least 51 and wounded dozens Sunday, spreading fear throughout the country in a wave of violence that is raising the prospect of a return to widespread sectarian killing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion.

Violence has spiked sharply in Iraq in recent months, with the death toll rising to levels not seen since 2008. Nearly 2,000 have been killed since the start of April, including more than 180 this month.

The surge in bloodshed accompanies rising sectarian tensions within Iraq and growing concerns that its unrest is being fanned by the Syrian civil war raging next door.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...oting/2427797/

Gator
06-16-2013, 11:48 PM
51 killed in new wave of Iraq attacks
By Sinan Salaheddin, Associated Press 4 p.m. EDT June 16, 2013

(Photo: Nabil Al-Jurani, AP)

10 coordinated car bombs and a shooting across Iraq
Violence has killed at least 51 and wounded dozens
Blasts hit half a dozen cities and towns in the south and center of the country

BAGHDAD (AP) — A blistering string of apparently coordinated bombings and a shooting across Iraq killed at least 51 and wounded dozens Sunday, spreading fear throughout the country in a wave of violence that is raising the prospect of a return to widespread sectarian killing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion.

Violence has spiked sharply in Iraq in recent months, with the death toll rising to levels not seen since 2008. Nearly 2,000 have been killed since the start of April, including more than 180 this month.

The surge in bloodshed accompanies rising sectarian tensions within Iraq and growing concerns that its unrest is being fanned by the Syrian civil war raging next door.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...oting/2427797/

Gator
06-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Three people killed in northern Yemen bombing: official

Related News

Twin suicide bombs kill 29 in Baghdad
Tue, Jun 18 2013
Three bombings kill at least 12 in Iraq: police
Mon, Jun 17 2013
Car bombs, shootings kill 30 across Iraq
Sun, Jun 16 2013
Gulf Shi'ites fear rising sectarian rhetoric over Syria
Wed, Jun 12 2013
Bombers strike in central Damascus, killing 14
Tue, Jun 11 2013

SANAA | Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:15am EDT

(Reuters) - Three people were killed and eight wounded in a town in northern Yemen on Wednesday when a suicide bomber riding a motorbike blew himself up in a busy market, a security official said.

The attack occurred in Saada, a town near the border with Saudi Arabia and about 130 km (80 mile) north of the capital, Sanaa. Saada has been under the control of Shi'ite Houthi rebels for several years.

The official said the dead included two civilians and the bomber, whose affiliation was not immediately known.

"The bodies flew across the market and people panicked as they ran for cover," a witness told Reuters. "The scene was frightening and terrible."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95I08420130619

glo
06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Gunmen have killed 11 people, including at least nine foreign tourists, after storming a hotel in northern Pakistan.

The nationalities of the victims have not been fully confirmed, although they include a number of Ukrainians and Chinese. One Pakistani also died.

The assault happened at the base camp of Nanga Parbat, the world's ninth highest mountain, in Gilgit-Baltistan.

It is the first such attack on tourists in the region. The Pakistani Taliban has told the BBC it was responsible.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23018706

Gator
06-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Officials say Egyptian Sunni Muslims kill 4 Shiites, charging they were spreading their faith

By Associated Press, Published: June 23

CAIRO — Sunni Muslim villagers killed four Shiite men on Sunday, accusing them of trying to spread their version of Islam, according to Egyptian security officials.

The four were beaten to death in Giza province, near the capital, Cairo, in one of the most serious sectarian incidents in Egypt in recent months.

The Health Ministry confirmed the death toll, adding that scores of Shiites were seriously injured in the attack.

About 3,000 angry villagers, including ultraconservative Salafis, surrounded the house of Shiite leader Hassan Shehata, threatening to set it on fire if 34 Shiites inside did not leave the village before the end of the day, according to the officials. When they refused, villagers attacked them, dragged them along the ground, and partially burned the house, the officials said.

The Shiites were performing religious rituals outside the house when they were attacked, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief reporters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...6a1_story.html

Gator
06-26-2013, 03:07 AM
At Least 32 People Killed in Iraq Attacks

Thaier Al-Sudani/Reuters

People gathered at the site of a car bomb attack in Baghdad on Tuesday.
By YASIR GHAZI
Published: June 25, 2013

BAGHDAD — At least 32 people were killed in Iraqi towns and cities on Tuesday, security sources said, the latest flare of violence in a country where sectarian attacks have become a frequent occurrence.

Two suicide bombers detonated explosive belts, one after the other, targeting Shiite Turkmen who had cut off the road between Kirkuk and Baghdad to protest the deteriorating security situation in the district of Tuz Khurmatu, in the east of Salahuddin province.

At least 16 civilians were killed and 53 were wounded, the sources said. The deputy governor of the province and the vice president of the Turkmen Front party were among those killed, they said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/wo...acks.html?_r=0

Gator
06-26-2013, 03:27 AM
Religious School Bombing Kills 14 in Pakistan
Mohammad Sajjad/Associated Press

A man sat amid the rubble after an attack on a Shiite religious center in northwestern Pakistan.
By SALMAN MASOOD
Published: June 21, 2013

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — At least 14 people were killed and 28 injured in an attack on a Shiite religious school in northwestern Pakistan on Friday, police officials said, while Taliban militants claimed responsibility for killing a provincial lawmaker and his son in the southern port city of Karachi.

In the northwest, three attackers, including a suicide bomber, tried to storm the school in Peshawar, the provincial capital of restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, just before Friday prayers. A police guard tried to stop them in a brief exchange of gunfire and wounded the suicide bomber, said Liaqut Hussain, the Peshawar police chief. The injured bomber, however, managed to get inside the compound and detonate his explosives.

Television images showed rescue workers ferrying the wounded to nearby hospitals. The explosion left a trail of destruction and pools of blood. The bomber’s two accomplices managed to escape, according to police officials.

Extremist Sunni militants have repeatedly targeted Shiites in the country, causing a deep sense of insecurity among the Shiites. Most of the violence against Shiites has been concentrated in the southwestern city of Quetta, where Shiites belonging to the Hazara ethnic community have repeatedly come under attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/22/wo...html?src=rechp

I think we missed this one, but this one really, really disgusted me.

Born_Believer
06-29-2013, 09:26 AM
So I'm seeing a trend developing here, the non-Muslim members are posting so called "news" stories of Muslims killing people, enhancing this reputation of Muslims being extremists. The Muslims members are posting news stories, in which their is great violence against populations in Africa and Asia, some of that is by the hands of Western powers but some isn't.

Do we really need a thread as divisive as this? This thread attracts more liars than a Republican convention.

glo
06-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Born Believer, I am finding this thread very interesting - exactly BECAUSE it highlights that innocent people who are killed in non-Western countries (as the title suggests) die at the hands of non-Muslims and Muslims alike.

I don't think it is divisive. It is factual.
I think it is humbling for us to see the truth and use it as a baseline.

Was this threat meant to list only those atrocities committed by non-Muslims against Muslims? If so, why? When Muslims and non-Muslims also die at the hands of Muslims.

And the question remains the same: "What can we do about the many innocent people who die needlessly in those countries? How can we change these situations?"

glo
06-29-2013, 03:14 PM
A blast in an old Christian quarter of the Syrian capital Damascus has left four people dead, in what Syrian state TV describes as a suicide attack.

Several people were injured in the attack in the Bab Sharqi neighbourhood, near a church.

Rebel sources confirmed the number of dead, but said the attack was caused by a mortar bomb.

More than 90,000 people have died and millions have been displaced by Syria's two-year conflict, the UN says.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23086213

ardianto
06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
And the question remains the same: "What can we do about the many innocent people who die needlessly in those countries? How can we change these situations?"
Currently the only thing that I can do is pray for the victims and those who live in fear.

glo
06-29-2013, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Currently the only thing that I can do is pray for the victims and those who live in fear.
Amen to that, brother ardianto. I cannot being to imagine what it must be like to live in fear of attacks and bombings every day ... imsad

جوري
06-29-2013, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
Do we really need a thread as divisive as this? This thread attracts more liars than a Republican convention.
lol that's brilliant.. actually most of the posts here by non-Muslims are to foster a point they're trying to foment anyway which is see most Muslims are killed by Muslims and they can label rafidis Muslims all they want.. rafidis are very heavily funded by the west to kill Muslims, and I don't need to cite a thousand articles going back to the Iran contra affairs and before that..
I personally let them it feeds their ego and comforts their sickness..

:w:

Born_Believer
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Born Believer, I am finding this thread very interesting - exactly BECAUSE it highlights that innocent people who are killed in non-Western countries (as the title suggests) die at the hands of non-Muslims and Muslims alike.

I don't think it is divisive. It is factual.
I think it is humbling for us to see the truth and use it as a baseline.

Was this threat meant to list only those atrocities committed by non-Muslims against Muslims? If so, why? When Muslims and non-Muslims also die at the hands of Muslims.

I totally agree that it is irrelevant where innocents are being killed and by whom, eve the murder of a single innocent is a murder too many.

My point is this (from what I've read in this thread so far) that both sides, but mainly (and this is quite sad) the non-Muslim side are clearly giving us "news" that isn't factual, verified or not fully informed. Many of the deaths a#taking place in Muslim lands by so called muslim groups are terrorist organisations funded by Western intelligence services. Read up on Raymond Allen Davies, you will find it very interesting.

Anyway, like I said, I agree with your initial statement, killing of all and any innocents is wrong.

Born_Believer
07-02-2013, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
lol that's brilliant.. actually most of the posts here by non-Muslims are to foster a point they're trying to foment anyway which is see most Muslims are killed by Muslims and they can label rafidis Muslims all they want.. rafidis are very heavily funded by the west to kill Muslims, and I don't need to cite a thousand articles going back to the Iran contra affairs and before that..
I personally let them it feeds their ego and comforts their sickness..

:w:
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Thank you for putting it better than I could. I agree, I'm tired of arguing with people like that. Let them have their fun while it lasts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!