/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do lots of people around the world and the internet always have negative views..

User_23338
04-22-2013, 04:56 AM
and lies about islam? why are they so hard headed and close minded?

Is this world owned by the shaytan? why do they always say muslims always kill innocent non-muslims?

what about the christians and jews and hindus and buddhists and athiests that have done lots of killings too?

why are they so insincere, why don't have anything good to say about islam at all?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Independent
04-22-2013, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
what about the christians and jews and hindus and buddhists and athiests that have done lots of killings too?
I don't think it's true to say these are not reported. However, the key difference is the reason for the killings. Usually they are not killing in the name of religion. Or to put it another way, there are 'killers who are Christian', but not so many 'Christian killers'. Their religion doesn't get mentioned because it's not relevant (and quite possibly not known).

why don't have anything good to say about islam at all?
In the UK and Ireland I have seen plenty of coverage suggesting a positive side to Islam. But it isn't the strongest discourse for two reasons.

Firstly, there are constant new incidents of violence by people who say they are acting in the name of Islam (whether or not you regard them as Muslims doesn't matter, that's how they identify themselves and their objectives, so it has to be reported). To make it worse, in many cases there is an associated link between becoming 'more Muslim' (eg praying more, breaking off contact with western friends because they think they are immoral) and becoming more violently inclined.

Secondly, moderate Muslims themselves seem to be fighting a losing battle within Islam. If this were happening within Christianity, there would undoubtedly be a big debate going on within the Church and much soul searching about the faith and the direction it was taking. That does not seem to be happening within Islam. Or is it happening but we're not seeing it?

Instead of that, there is a terrific debate about perceived western antagonism. Worse still, there is also a very strong minority (perhaps a majority?) who have constructed an elaborate conspiracy theory around events that effectively means all Muslims are innocent and all westerners are guilty. There is no possibility of compromise and understanding if this view spreads too far.

For both Muslims and non Muslims, there seems to be a difficulty in separating the religion from the man. If a man plants a bomb in the name of Islam, he gets referred to as an 'Islamic terrorist'.

Unfortunately, many Muslims read that as a statement that Islam itself means terrorism (which it does not say). Muslims regard Islam as the ideal religion, something incapable of any flaw. So they reject the criticism. As a result, from a western point of view, it looks like Muslims are 'defending' the terrorists or at the very least refusing to condemn them, which is terrifically damaging to the image of Muslims and of Islam.

why do they always say muslims always kill innocent non-muslims
The vast majority of terrorist incidents in the world right now are Muslim on Muslim - in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan. There are so many that only the worst incidents get coverage, but people are aware of the constant background of violence. This too contributes to the negative image.

sister herb
04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Salam alaykum

I remember one article I read some years ago. It told about all terrorist acts which had made during year ago (probaply year was 2010) in Europe. Only two percents (2%!) of them all were made by "muslims". All others were made by Christians, Jews, Atheists... Should this fact to tell something to Independent?

Also Jews (or Zionists if you like that better) make terrorist acts daily in the occupied Palestine against civilians. They attack against children, torture political prisoners, destroy property, dishonor graveyards, mosques and churches etc. etc.

Some of them make it in cause of they political ideology, some in cause of religion. You may like to read ideas of some far-right rabbis. They teach to they followers that every others than Jews are animals whose walk by two legs and it is no crime to kill kind of "half-humans". No terrorist then when they followers go to make this to streets?

We have to try to make work together that every people in this world could live in peace and in freedom. Claiming that only some others are terrorist and others have some higher and better reason to violate others human rights doesn´t help any one at all.

Independent
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I remember one article I read some years ago. It told about all terrorist acts which had made during year ago (probaply year was 2010) in Europe. Only two percents (2%!) of them all were made by "muslims". All others were made by Christians, Jews, Atheists... Should this fact to tell something to Independent?
Yes it is important, but I think it might be more complicated than that. Supposing a madman gets a gun and shoots 20 people. You could call this terrorism, and it's certainly very bloody. But it's the act of individual, his agenda is often personal not political, and he almost always gets caught or shoots himself at the end, so there is no continued threat.

Whereas, if you take the 7/7 bombings, the threat is not finished and more people might follow in the footsteps of those bombers. This is true 'terrorism', where terrorist techniques are used for ongoing political ends.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Claiming that only some others are terrorist and others have some higher and better reason to violate others human rights doesn´t help any one at all.
Situations like Israel are more complicated because at times it can be seen as a full scale war, in which case bombings are obviously part of the process (unfortunately). But I think this is a legitimate argument to make and many people are making it. The attitude to Israel in the UK and Ireland is very ambiguous. However, every time a bomb goes off it poisons attitudes.

This does not change the fact that 7/7 etc was a terrorist act, should be described as such, and should be condemned whoieheartedly by all sides.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
the world is a temporary affair mrkhan89,

it makes you dig the hole that your buried in.

i often think that if you were not goaded into facing problems...and making them for yourself.

there whispers might fade away altogether.

سيف الله
04-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Salaam

The Internet is an ugly place brother, it has a tendency to bring out the worst in people (anonymity is one reason, users aren't held to account for what they say). You have to remember other groups have been demonised throughout history, for example Catholics were demonised during the 19th century in USA or Jews. Or during the Cold War the Soviet Union was the bogey man, regardless of whether they deserved the title or not. Islam and Muslims are currently the fashionable ‘bad guys’ of the moment but that will change in time.

On the subject of Islam, the demonisation has been going on for decades particularly since the Islamic revival of the 1970s. Western powers don't want a force that is not amenable to its interests. (In the Middle East they don’t want its oil wealth being used for the benefit of the general population rather than for western or Middle Eastern elites) so they have no real problem with stoking up prejudices.

Mind you there are 'inconsistencies'. After all they are quite happy to support the Mujahedeen fighting the Soviets went it served their interests, there also happy to support the the Saudi ruling family (for now anyway).

format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
I don't think it's true to say these are not reported. However, the key difference is the reason for the killings. Usually they are not killing in the name of religion. Or to put it another way, there are 'killers who are Christian', but not so many 'Christian killers'. Their religion doesn't get mentioned because it's not relevant (and quite possibly not known).

In the UK and Ireland I have seen plenty of coverage suggesting a positive side to Islam. But it isn't the strongest discourse for two reasons.

Firstly, there are constant new incidents of violence by people who say they are acting in the name of Islam (whether or not you regard them as Muslims doesn't matter, that's how they identify themselves and their objectives, so it has to be reported). To make it worse, in many cases there is an associated link between becoming 'more Muslim' (eg praying more, breaking off contact with western friends because they think they are immoral) and becoming more violently inclined.

Secondly, moderate Muslims themselves seem to be fighting a losing battle within Islam. If this were happening within Christianity, there would undoubtedly be a big debate going on within the Church and much soul searching about the faith and the direction it was taking. That does not seem to be happening within Islam. Or is it happening but we're not seeing it?
Please I have no desire to be 'moderate' whatever that means. I seem to recall in the murder and mayhem unleashed in Afghanistan and Iraq was in the name of ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’. A rather good book on it

Just because Muslims practice their faith doesn't mean they are coming to get you.

Contrary to your claims the media is generally patronising's and unfriendly towards Muslims. Just one random example on BBC Radio 4 there was a programme entitled 'Islam without God'. Again part of the ongoing campaigning to 'secularlise' Islam and too make it weak and meaningless, much like what Christianity has become (particularly in Europe). I'm sure you can understand why Muslims don't want to go down that route.

On the question of Palestine there is no complication, if you bother to read the history of it.

In fact if you want another view of what 'true terrorism' is and means theres plenty of books on the subject.

I think Western (particularly elite) attitudes to terrorism can be summed up by this quote

In the "City of God," St. Augustine tells the story of a pirate captured by Alexander the Great. The Emperor angrily demanded of him, "How dare you molest the seas?" To which the pirate replied, "How dare you molest the whole world? Because I do it with a small boat, I am called a pirate and a thief. You, with a great navy, molest the world and are called an emperor." St. Augustine thought the pirate's answer was "elegant and excellent."

Independent
04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Contrary to your claims the media is generally patronising's and unfriendly towards Muslims. Just one random example on BBC Radio 4 there was a programme entitled 'Islam without God'.
I agree, Christianity has had a tough time of it in UK media too. So no favours there.

There have been sincere attempts to present Islam in a more favourable light. But ironically, you probably find some of these offensive too. For instance, sometimes they invite more 'westernised' Muslim representatives on tv in an attempt to show people that Muslims are just like everybody else. You may disagree with that attempt, but to call it an agenda of 'secularisation' is way over the top.

Even as I write this, I'm watching the BBC news questioning the decision to drop sanctions against Burma because of violence against Muslims. These issues are discussed.

format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Again part of the ongoing campaigning to 'secularlise' Islam and too make it weak and meaningless, much like what Christianity has become (particularly in Europe). I'm sure you can understand why Muslims don't want to go down that route.
Why does it always have to be an 'agenda'? Why can't it be people just saying what they think? You're in the UK - you know the majority of people think a secular based society is better than a religious one. What do you expect them to say?

User_23338
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
why do people stupid things like "muslims are leaving jesus" or "muslims believe in a different jesus", why are people this stupid?

Independent
04-24-2013, 08:47 AM
why do people stupid things like "muslims are leaving jesus" or "muslims believe in a different jesus", why are people this stupid?
Most Christians know plenty about their own religion and not much about Islam (nothing strange in that and unfair to call them 'stupid' for it). Many Christians wouldn't know Jesus is in the Qur'an at all, and it would come as a big surprise to them that Muslims believe Islam actually 'preceded' Christianity. Some Christians wouldn't know there was any connection at all between Islam and Christianity.

Personally, I do find both the Jesus and the God of the Bible quite different from how they seem in the Qur'an (which I am reading for the first time currently). I know you will say that's because the Bible is corrupted - but whatever the reason, and despite some overlaps in text and ideas, the differences are also very significant. Which is why Islam and Christianity are so very different as religions.

The relationship between Islam, Christianity and Judaism is very unusual. Other major religions have evolved separately and don't refer to each other. But the Qur'an is absolutely riddled with comments about Christianity and Christians (most of them critical as you will know). Islam specifically positions itself with regard to Christianity in a way that no other major religion does.

sister herb
04-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Yes that is not right to blame that people (like for example Christians) are stupid if they actualy are just without knowledge. As well muslims could to be called as stupid if they don´t know something from other religions.

We should try to teach each others to understand different kinds of religions, not just only claim that orhers are stupid when they are ignorant.

Be a teacher.

User_23338
04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Allah should have made everyone with the same belief, the way this world's test should have been is that the only thing people would do is either not follow the belief and become secular or become the believer, there should have not have been multiple religions to begin with.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!