/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ?

truthseeker63
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
As Salamu Alaykum my question is how would happen to a Person with HIV/AIDS Disease in an Islamic State or what kind of Treatment should they get from Muslims should a Person HIV/AIDS get Medical Care/Medicine/Help at a Hospital ? Or should the Person be stoned to death or punished for commiting Zina/Homosexuality/Adultery I must say I have felt Compassion towards People with HIV/AIDS I have seen Movies on this subject I know People have Free Will but I still can't help but feel sorry for Youths and other People in the West and all around the World with this Disease. Can anyone give me quotes or verses or links with evidence on Islam's views on this subject thank you ?

24. What is the Islamic view on-

c. Homosexuality and AIDS:

Islam categorically opposes homosexuality and considers it a sin. However, Muslim physicians are advised to care for AIDS patients with compassion just as they would for other patients.

http://www.nusrah.com/en/articles/re...bout-islam.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
04-24-2013, 10:12 PM
It's quite possible to get HIV without engaging in zina.

CosmicPathos
04-24-2013, 10:14 PM
^^ most hiv inoculations happen as result of zina, IV drug use and blood exchange. It can be safely assumed in most cases that HIV infected patient was a zaani or a druggie. In western world, rarely does one spouse get HIV from a cheating spouse.

Except in Africa maybe, where vertical transmission from mother to placenta or baby occurs via breast milk.

truthseeker63
04-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Anyone else have any opinion or view ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trying2bbetter
04-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah - people who go to hospitals that don't use sterilized/new needles to inject patients (happens quite a lot in countries where there isn't much regulation). And patients who share diabetic needles (if that happens).

In fact even when people give blood. I gave blood abroad while I was in college & my family started freaking out after I told them cause they'd never heard of that blood donation company before. I specifically noticed them open a new needle so I was satisfied but I'm pretty sure the other girls around me didn't - so for all they know they could've been using infected needles (God forbid). Most people don't realise/remember the importance of checking such things.

Advice: Be careful when it comes to cuts that bleed & needles. :ooh:

Oh & I always used to wonder why mosquitoes didn't carry AIDS/other diseases > they bite different people (with different diseases/viruses) all the time. I asked my dad but I've kinda forgotten why, it was a pretty interesting reason..^o)

Exceptions are everywhere - there must be like loads of ways to get AIDS without zina/drugs/needles (blood transfusion/donation or medicine intake) but I think the chances are generally low. However the 3rd point (needles) are pretty common in underdeveloped countries. imsad

Trying2bbetter
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
It's very compassionate of you to care & to spread awareness, brother Truthseeker63. May Allah bless you :thumbs_up

Sometimes people who have committed a sin do repent to Allah, so doctors should be just with them & help them without being judgmental. But as far as I know AIDS is a virus so it can't be treated - the patient eventually dies :cry: (I guess we're all going to as well).

Allah knows best..

truthseeker63
04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Thank you my my question is how would happen to a Person with HIV/AIDS Disease in an Islamic State or what kind of Treatment should they get from Muslims should a Person HIV/AIDS get Medical Care/Medicine/Help at a Hospital ?

Trying2bbetter
04-30-2013, 10:58 AM
I have no idea. If you live in an Islamic state perhaps you could visit a few hospitals to find out what they do to help..

In some countries, there are private blood testing centres too, where people can get themselves tested for anything they want. The staff isn't supposed to open up the reports so it'd most probably be confidential & the patient would know whether they're positive or not. Again, I'm not aware of any "treatment" for AIDS.. You either have it or you don't. If you don't then you're safe. If you do then, well you will probably die sooner by Allah's will. (I don't mean to be blatant, but that is what studies have shown).

However, Allah can do anything. I've seen cancer patients who have been given no hope of survival, they get sent home "to die" & survive happily for many, many years. Allah is in control of everything, He is all-aware & can change anything as He wills. :statisfie

Independent
04-30-2013, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trying2bbetter
Again, I'm not aware of any "treatment" for AIDS.. You either have it or you don't.
The situation is better than that - although there is no cure and no vaccine, the latest drug regimes may prolong the life of patients almost indefinitely. However, this treatment is very expensive so many people especially in the third world can't benefit.

As for mosquito transmission, this link explains very well why it doesn't happen:
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/aids.htm

ardianto
04-30-2013, 02:26 PM
In Indonesia, we have a number of NGOs working in the field of services for people with AIDS. For those who are still healthy enough to be given the mental and spiritual guidance, while those who are in severe conditions will be given medical treatment at the hospital.

But yeah, as Indy said, there is no cure for AIDS.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!