PDA

View Full Version : Con Woman Dressed as a Muslim and Begging

islamica
04-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Con Woman Dressed as a Muslim and Begging

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Do we know she really tries to look as muslim? If I would see woman in my city, who is wearing like her and begging, I could as well think she is somewhere from the East Europe. Many Romanian beggers I have seen here dress by similar way - with long dress and scarf on they head.

جوري
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
yeah have seen one who preys on Muslims.. I tried to make conversation with her, she was strangely mute.. I offered treatment for the muteness but she just walked off ... sadly, such individuals know that Muslims won't turn them down so they target them specifically.

crimsontide06
04-28-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't think she was trying to look like a muslim...it is just something to help her look more "poor". Plus how else would she hide her wavy healthy looking hair..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
joedawun
04-28-2013, 02:00 PM
She seems to be doing quite well in her scam, regardless of whether New Yorkers perceive her as Muslim or not. Guess their desire to do good trumps Islamophobia.

Amat Allah
04-28-2013, 03:28 PM
what does con mean?

crimsontide06
04-28-2013, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
what does con mean?
It means to cheat someone out of something/to lie. Like if I told you to give me $20,000 to help open a store and you would get half profits but I took your money then was never heard from again, that would be a con.

Amat Allah
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Thank you so much for your help my respected and noble brother, May Allah reward you with the best of the best Ameeeen

crimsontide06
04-28-2013, 05:46 PM
You're welcome

titus
04-29-2013, 03:53 AM
She seems to be doing quite well in her scam, regardless of whether New Yorkers perceive her as Muslim or not. Guess their desire to do good trumps Islamophobia.
Or Islamaphobia is not as prevalent as some would believe.

islamica
04-29-2013, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Or Islamaphobia is not as prevalent as some would believe.
Or maybe it just didn't show up in this one example because the person was seen as someone poor and in need. I doubt you can say the same for normal people trying to live their lives.

Ahmad H
04-30-2013, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
Or maybe it just didn't show up in this one example because the person was seen as someone poor and in need. I doubt you can say the same for normal people trying to live their lives.
The video you showed also showed that there are people who really stand up for justice. It restored some of my faith in humanity. The real deception against Muslims lies from people polarized from Islamic perspectives, and then spread that into the public. I have always stuck with this view, but now I stick with it even more strongly. Jazakallah for posting this.

titus
04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
While the people who supported the clerk in that video are repulsive, over twice as many people stood up for the woman as approved of the clerk. The rest that stood by and did nothing should feel ashamed.

I would be interested in doing a similar operation, except do it in a Muslim majority country with an Hasidic Jew.

Being from Texas I also recognized that bakery as I have been there before. It is in West which is where the fertilizer plant plant blew up last week killing over a dozen people and injuring a couple of hundred more.

Jalal~
05-01-2013, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Do we know she really tries to look as muslim? If I would see woman in my city, who is wearing like her and begging, I could as well think she is somewhere from the East Europe. Many Romanian beggers I have seen here dress by similar way - with long dress and scarf on they head.
Actually, it's a good thing that the Hijab is identified nowadays with Muslim Women. It indirectly spreads the message of Islam for us and shows how dominant it's becoming. No one is going to think of a Romanian, lol....no offense to them. Rich or poor, a woman who wears Hijab will more than likely be assumed to be a Muslim.

Samiun
05-01-2013, 10:41 AM
:sl: Happened to me lots of times in Harrods and Ox.street, I feel sorry for them but why do they have to deceive us? If only they were sincere then it would be okay, they do not need to even dress up as a Muslim, just be honest with yourself :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!