/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A newbie 'hello' and greetings

greenhill
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
It has been very interesting to read the vast variety of opinions on religion and even within the same religion. I was born a muslim but that does not guarantee anything. You must die a muslim for it to count for anything. I am not so outspoken and my knowledge is somewhat scattered, but everything I know has to start with good intention. In syaa Allah, we will be granted wisdom.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
04-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum brother.

greenhill
04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Wa'alaikum salaam warahmatullah.

Iceee
04-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Salaam.

Welcome to our forums. Feel free to start your own threads if you so wish to discuss anything.
If you have any questions, please use the search option before posting the question.

Inshallah you learn a lot from the variety of threads on the forums.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
04-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes, I am indeed, Iceee. But can't seem to start any new threads. There's a lot of posts and comments, really do not want to aske the same questions that have been asked before and already answered. :p

Just learning the ropes and getting to grips with the features now....

Periwinkle18
04-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Assalam o alikum

:welcome: to the Forum hope u like it here :)

greenhill
04-30-2013, 12:30 PM
It says I am not a full member, anyone know what that means? As a result I cannot access some parts of the forum.

Periwinkle18
04-30-2013, 12:32 PM
That means you'll have to post around 50 post to become a full member n then u cn post links n send PM's etc InshaAllah :)

greenhill
04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Thank you :statisfie

greenhill
05-04-2013, 12:59 PM
It seems for now at least, I am spending quite a bit of my time at this site, wanting to get enough posts tocearn full membership, but it's not so easy to do and can be time consuming to do it quick!

I have seen the few things listed below our call sign like reputation and rep power and I'm sure I have seen something else too. What exactly do they mean? I can only hazard a guess.

How do you change your avatar or is this again something for full members?:embarrass

Muhammad
05-04-2013, 02:56 PM
:salamext: brother greenhill,

I hope you are finding the forum beneficial. Be careful of not allowing it to consume too much time!

At the bottom of each post, there is a button which allows you to give feedback on others' posts (if you hover above it, it says 'Add to this user's reputation'). A pop-up will then appear where you can give the post positive or negative reputation, and also submit some feedback on the post. So the user will receive a feedback comment (which is optional), and they will automatically receive some points known as reputation points. So on the user panel, 'reputation' is how many reputation points you've received from others.

How many points are given depends on something called 'reputation power'. Each person's reputation power depends on a few factors, such as how long a person has been registered for, how many posts they have and how many reputation points they have received.

I hope this has made sense :ia:.

About avatars, you cannot upload your own avatar until 50 posts. I can't remember if you can choose a custom one in the meantime. To check if you can, go to Settings at the top right, then edit avatar. Here's a list of things you can't do whilst a limited member:

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...imited_mem_ber

greenhill
05-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Salaam and thanks to you Muhammad,

Thank you for the clarification. Now I kind of get it. Awesome!

Ha ha, the time aspect will regulate itself once the 'honeymoon' period is over... ;D for now there's a lot of familiarising myself with the vast background of instantaneously reachable people, getting a taste on the types of info that's in the site as well as getting to know the ropes around the site.

Peace!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!