/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do people of faith have security under secular rule?

Logikon
05-01-2013, 01:56 AM
This is quoted from another thread:

format_quote Originally Posted by ...
With the arrival of the Muslims in Spain, the once arid and illiterate land became the capital of European scholarship and agriculture, where people of all faiths were granted security under Muslim rule.
Question: Do Muslims living under secular rule feel that all faiths are granted security under secular rule.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-01-2013, 05:02 AM
No!………

truthseeker63
05-02-2013, 12:30 AM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is why can't there be security for all religions/faiths under secular rule ?

جوري
05-02-2013, 12:40 AM
:sl:
Secularism by its very nature is made for an allowing ten percent. It pays no attention to values, or morals and in fact works to restrict those as we see in ultra secular societies like France.
If you're not following God you're following the devil, is all there's to it and the devil doesn't like that which is good.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
faithandpeace
05-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Assalamu alaikum. Good question. I would say the answer is no. It really comes down to the value system of a society. What does the society encourage submission to? If the populace is not encouraged to submit to Allah (swt) then that system will replace Allah (swt) with something else, a partner of temporary and illusory value. People then may worship money and profit, gluttony, entertainment, bodily pleasure, and ultimately what is encouraged is submission to the path of temporary enjoyment and submission to people and ideas who claim to give people such things of temporary value. You can see how in many of these secular societies, freedom is valued but without responsibility, profit is valued but without justice, and fear is emphasized over faith. People of faith--strong faith, not pretend faith in name only--are treated as the enemy by many secular people in those societies. Just my humble opinions and Allah (swt) knows best.

greenhill
05-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Salaam,

Interesting question, but very vague.

Essentially, every nation now is a secular state. In Islam, gone are the days of the Caliphate where the Nation of Islam existed for all muslims. Now we need passports to travel between Islamic states. I cannot overstay my visa if I visited Mecca. Allah is no longer sovereign on the land but the Head of State or the Government.

So, the question about the security of faith really depends on the country and its policies pertaining to religious tolerances etc.

As to why there cannot be security for all faith and religion under secular state as asked by Truthseeker63, is due to the reason arguing for secularism in the first place - to be neutral of religion (to put in a nice way).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!