/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afreen - So glad to be an islamic board member :)

Afreen Q
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi brothers and sisters,
I'm Afreen, female.
My work now is day by day research on Islam and Muslims becoz of my company's new development: Quran Mobile
Hope you guys help me bcoz i'm really excited and willing to learn
All your support and advice are your gift to me and I'm really appreciated.
Thanks and to be honest, so glad to be here :)
---------------------
PS: for those who might consider abt my product: search "Magic Quran" on Google Store and App Store :) Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum. Hopely you find this as informative place.

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
welcome to the forums.

Trying the Magic Quran app. It is nice but it could be much better. the fonts hurts my eyes.

Insaanah
05-02-2013, 11:47 AM
:sl: sister and welcome to the forum

format_quote Originally Posted by Afreen Q
PS: for those who might consider abt my product: search "Magic Quran" on Google Store and App Store Thanks
It doesn't seem right to have anything called Magic Qur'an. Magic is something which is haraam, the practice of which is a major sin, so it is not appropriate to use a word like that which denotes something haraam to describe the Qur'an. The Qur'an is not magic. It is those who rejected the Qur'an who called it magic:

And when our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, they say, "This is not but a man who wishes to avert you from that which your fathers were worshipping." And they say, "This is not except a lie invented." And those who disbelieve say of the truth when it has come to them, "This is not but obvious magic." (Surah Saba, ayat 43)

So when there came to them the truth from Us, they said, "Indeed, this is obvious magic." (10:76)

And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, the disbelievers say of the truth (this Quran), when it reaches them: "This is plain magic!" (46:7)

I hope you will change the name of the app as soon as possible.

:jz:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
05-02-2013, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:sl: sister and welcome to the forum

It doesn't seem right to have anything called Magic Qur'an. Magic is something which is haraam, the practice of which is a major sin, so it is not appropriate to use a word like that which denotes something haraam to describe the Qur'an. The Qur'an is not magic. It is those who rejected the Qur'an who called it magic:

And when our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, they say, "This is not but a man who wishes to avert you from that which your fathers were worshipping." And they say, "This is not except a lie invented." And those who disbelieve say of the truth when it has come to them, "This is not but obvious magic." (Surah Saba, ayat 43)

So when there came to them the truth from Us, they said, "Indeed, this is obvious magic." (10:76)

And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, the disbelievers say of the truth (this Quran), when it reaches them: "This is plain magic!" (46:7)

:jz:
:sl:

I agree highly. While the app looks good the name is a big distraction and can lead to misconceptions. While the intention seems to be very good, the result may be seen as an insult. How would any of us feel if a hate site or any one of many that are confused used the phrase "Magic Quran"?

Magic is a very poor adjective to use with Qur'an.

muslimah bird
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Salaam alikum and welcome to the board sister. Yes, you will find this forum beneficial for your research

Afreen Q
05-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Jazak Allah brothers and sisters.
All your comments are really useful for me :)

Afreen Q
05-03-2013, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
welcome to the forums.

Trying the Magic Quran app. It is nice but it could be much better. the fonts hurts my eyes.
Thank you for your support, I'm trying to fix the fonts. Hope you still support me :)

Afreen Q
05-03-2013, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Originally Posted by Insaanah
sister and welcome to the forum

Thank you for your comment. I'm very appreciated
To be honest I'm a new Muslim. So I dont know very sure that to a Muslim, Quran is not magic. Initially, the name was chosen becoz of the search on the Internet, there was a piece about Quran was magic and very amazing, writen by a muslim. Therefore that was the reason why it named Magic Quran

Thank you for your comment. I'm very appreciated
To be honest I'm a new Muslim. So I dont know very sure that to a Muslim, Quran is not magic. Initially, the name was chosen becoz of the search on the Internet, there was a piece about Quran was magic and very amazing, writen by a muslim. Therefore that was the reason why it named Magic Quran

Periwinkle18
05-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Assalam o alikum

:welcome: to the forum hope u like it here

Afreen Q
05-03-2013, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Assalam o alikum

to the forum hope u like it here
Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaturh sister :)

Signor
05-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

My Intention isn't to hurt you or to distract you from your goal.But considering you are fairly new to Islam and you don't know many things related to Quran and Sunnah,I would suggest you to stop researching for the app but for your own self and then you can make this app again some other day,Insha' Allah.The thing is its a lifetime investment,any one who will going to use your app will surely use it for the right purpose and if any thing stated wrongly mislead a person,the burden will be on your shoulders.

Hope you will try to understand more from a Muslim/Islamic point of view than a commercial one.

Periwinkle18
05-03-2013, 11:15 AM
I downloaded the app its nice MashaAllah may Allah reward u for ur hard work. :)

Buh if its possible they to change the name I guess I agree with sis insaanah.

Afreen Q
05-06-2013, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
I downloaded the app its nice MashaAllah may Allah reward u for ur hard work.

Buh if its possible they to change the name I guess I agree with sis insaanah.

Thanks so much for your support. I'm considering about the name. Any suggestions?

Muslim Woman
05-06-2013, 02:01 AM

sis , Welcome to the forum.

Afreen Q
05-06-2013, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Assalamu Alaikum

My Intention isn't to hurt you or to distract you from your goal.But considering you are fairly new to Islam and you don't know many things related to Quran and Sunnah,I would suggest you to stop researching for the app but for your own self and then you can make this app again some other day,Insha' Allah.The thing is its a lifetime investment,any one who will going to use your app will surely use it for the right purpose and if any thing stated wrongly mislead a person,the burden will be on your shoulders.

Hope you will try to understand more from a Muslim/Islamic point of view than a commercial one.
Thank you so much for the shareness.
You are right. I'm really new. But becoz of the love for Islam, the Magic Quran was created and i'm researching for the deepest things in Islam, aren't I?. Hope it will work well for the app and for me as well. And hope that the app will serve us, Muslims, well :)

Woodrow
05-06-2013, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afreen Q
Thanks so much for your support. I'm considering about the name. Any suggestions?

I can understand the reason the word Magic is attractive. Perhaps there is an an acceptable word that suits the App and Glorifies the Qur'an. A Strong word. Some Quick thoughts

The Mighty Qur'an

Qur'an Power App

Action Qur'an

Just a few quick thoughts. Others probably have better ideas.

:wa:

Afreen Q
05-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Jazak Allah sister:p

Afreen Q
05-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I can understand the reason the word Magic is attractive. Perhaps there is an an acceptable word that suits the App and Glorifies the Qur'an. A Strong word. Some Quick thoughts

The Mighty Qur'an

Qur'an Power App

Action Qur'an

Just a few quick thoughts. Others probably have better ideas.
Thank you so much Woodrow :) Very nice names :D

Afreen Q
05-06-2013, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

sis , Welcome to the forum.
Thank you sis :)

@strivingMuslim
04-05-2019, 12:48 AM
This is really inspiring

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!