/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Redha, big part of Islam

greenhill
05-02-2013, 04:30 PM
I am from a muslim community that has had Islam as their faith for over a thousand years, prior that Hinduism. Also a slowburning melting pot cultures in a failry safe environment. We know the stories of the prohpets, the 5 pillars and so forth, and Ramadhan physically is routine. No eating and more ocassions to worship Allah. Those are the easiest parts.

As the popular saying goes about 'intentions' determining the reward, less is said about what would be in my opinion, its dimensionally opposed state - to 'redha' to the outcome even if it is bad. An extreme example would be that of Job or Ayob (pbuh). As in the story he was put to such test, it is nearly impossible to relate to circumstances in my life. For as long as I can remember, I mostly had clear and fair intentions in my undertakings and it was not until recently that I reaslised the deeper meaning of 'redha' as I don't remember that the two were spoken off as a pair or in association with the other.

Busied by the growning pace of the world I live in where dog eat dog and you cannot really trust anyone, I had grown impatient. I understand rezki, but like when things gets delayed, when things beyond my control conspires to throw spanner in my works I was getting angry, frustrated, blaming, cussing and be feeling all, kinds of negativity despite the right intentions I started with. It the pattern has repeated time and again, over many, many years.

I sought Allah's help, iyya qana'buduwa iyya qanas ta EEin. There was silence. It remain silent for months. I must keep faith, He Will answer me. And kept praying for guidance. Still silence. I had lost track of time when a message clearly seen, words describing clearly heard, and topical discussion appearing and telling me to look at how I react. Why can't I be a little bit like Job? Those circumstances are not going to change, might as well earn His pleasure by being thankful for what he has already and is still giving me.

So I have learnt - have good intentions for what you want to do, strive to achieve it, be patient but don't stand still, achieve be thankful, don't achieve ALSO be thankful and still count my blessings. And to always be thankful because as I write this conclusion, I realised that not very often do I thank Allah for the smaller gifts and pleasures He gives everyday which I have taken for granted.

Peace and submission

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

"Ridha" is derived from radhiya yardha meaning accept something sincerely without feeling frustrated or depressed. Related to Iman, ridha is devided into two kinds, Ridha of Allah to His servants, and ridha of His servant to Him. As Allah hinted in His firman " .... Allah being pleased (ridha) with them and they with Him ..." (Qur'an 98:8)

However, ridha doesn't means accept anything without motivation to change the fate or get something better. Someone who ridha with what Allah has given to him still must have motivation to get something better.

Ridha is being pleased with taqdeer that Allah has written to us, but not being pleased with naseeb that happen to us. If we get sick we should not ask 'O, Allah, why you give me an illness?", but also we should not being pleased with the illness and thinking "I ridha with this illness and I will not cure myself".

By the way, there is a story related to ridha. One day Umar bin Khattab was walking when suddenly the rain fell. Umar immediately ran for shelter. Someone saw it and asked him "O, Umar, why do you run away from Allah destiny?". Umar replied "I run away from one Allah destiny to the another His destiny".

greenhill
05-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Thank you for clarifying it further, br Ardianto.

Another point to remember, can always strive for better! :p think we do try...

But what I meant in my short story was when all else fails, rather than get grumpy and possibily take it out on the innocents, just as you say it , 'ridha'.

Peace and thanks to you Ardianto

ardianto
05-03-2013, 05:52 PM
I made that post because maybe not every member here understand what is "redha"

From what I know the word "redha" is rarely used in this forum. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!