/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Day is like a Year/ a Month/ a Week/ a Day

greenhill
05-03-2013, 09:05 AM
I have heard reference to this where A Day is like A Year then it turns to A Day is like a Month then it turns to A Day is like a Week then A Day is like a Day...

Any one knows about this?

I heard an interpretation of this by Sheikh Imran Hosein briefly saying that

A Day is like a Year relates to the period when Britain ruled the world,
A Day is like a Month relates to the period US rules the world,
A Day is like a Week is when Israel rules the world,
A Day is like a Day is when Dajjal will appear...

Britain has had their time at the helm where they 'sanctioned' the return of the Jews to the Holy land,
US helped to protect and develop Israel and are now at the end of their influence as a world power... so are we entering A Day is like a Week already?

Anyone know of any other versions or interpretations?

Peace and Salaams to all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamica
05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't know where that interpretation came from but this is referring to a hadith that refers to the coming of the ad-dajjal.

Here's part of the hadith:

We said: Allah's Apostle

, how long will he stay on Earth? He said: For forty days, one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week, and the rest of the days will be like your days.
We said: Allah's Apostle

will one day's prayer suffice for the prayers of the day equal to one year?
Thereupon he

said: No, but you must make an estimate of the time (and then observe prayer).

http://muttaqun.com/dajjal.html

Signor
05-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

As For Sheikh Imran Hosien,He adopted a pretty questionable methodology when it comes to interpretation of Hadith,more specifically he consider many signs as 'religious symbolism',something we don't find to be used by the majority of Islamic Scholarship.

greenhill
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Salaams,

Thank you for the brief Islamica and Signor for the assessment of Sheikh Imran's methodolgy.

Any other places I can get more on this with not so questionable methodolgy?

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamica
05-03-2013, 12:45 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

You can visit the link in my last post and read the whole hadith in its contents. you don't need sheikh or interpretations from anyone, it is quite clear and straight forward. What I summed up previously also answers your question adequately.

greenhill
05-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!