/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No Boyfriends!

abo mussaab
05-04-2013, 10:58 AM
As a Muslim, you know that having a boyfriend is haraam because it counts as Zina - fornication. Fornication, in easy English, means `sexual sin'. Allah expressly forbids romantic or sexual relationships outside of marriage. When people go against that rule, then you get the typical western society where people play sexual merry-go-round with each other, giving each other STDs, using and abusing each other, and destroying the sacredness of marriage as an institution. You can't even be sort of engaged to a guy, and then "date" to get to know each other. In Islam, non-Mahram men and women aren't allowed to be alone together (that includes talking o*!n the phone!), to touch (not even shake hands), or even gaze at each other. It doesn't matter if the guy you like is Muslim, a great guy and the Prince of England, you can't date him.

No Boy—friends!
The easiest way to ensure that you don't end up falling in love with some guy before you're ready to get married is to avoid making friends with boys. Of course in school you have to interact with boys all over the place, but that doesn't mean you should be best buds with them. Probably 90% of relationships begin from friendships. Chances are you're not ready for marriage, your parents aren't ready to let you get married, you're still in school/college and your crush is not the sort of fellow you want to spend the rest of your life with, so just avoid being friends with him in the first place. It really is the best formula for saving yourself from needless temptation. When you have to talk to boys in school as teammates, lab partners, group members, and peers, it's best to maintain a distance. That means that you don't confide in them, you don't let down your guard, you don't unnecessarily engage them in needless conversation, don't joke around, and never flirt. Yeah it may be a little hard, but this is your afterlife we're talking about. So many great sisters have put themselves in really sticky situations because they allowed a boy to get to know them, and either ended up liking the boy, or having the boy like them. o*!nce that happens you either end up becoming a pair (which is HARAAM!), or having to end your friendship. Instead of letting it get to that point, and then having to kill a friendship that you probably worked hard o*!n cultivating, you should just stop it before it begins. There are plenty of great girls all around who can be your friends and if you really think o*!nly a guy will understand your problem, then talk to your REAL brother, or your father, or an uncle.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
05-09-2013, 10:13 PM
the first two paragraphs from an internet site.

please validate or dismiss in the context of the thread and accuracy.

...discuss

or just cuss.

KHADIJA bint Khuwaylid

Khadijah, may Allah be pleased with her, came from a noble family. Her father Khuwaylid had been one of the most honored leaders of their tribe until he was killed in battle. Her husband had also died, leaving her a very wealthy woman. When Muhammad (peace be upon him) was still a young man, she entrusted him with some of her wealth, asking him to trade with it in Syria on her behalf. He was already well known for his honesty, truthfulness and trustworthiness. He returned from Syria after having made a large profit for Khadijah.

After hearing his account of the journey, she decided that he would make the best of the husbands, even though many of the most important nobles of the Quraish had already proposed to her and had been refused, and in due course she proposed to him. After the Prophet's uncle, Abu Talib, had given the proposed marriage his blessing, Muhammad and Khadijah were married. At the time of the marriage, the Prophet was twenty-five years old, while Khadijah was forty years old.

Insaanah
05-10-2013, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
please validate or dismiss in the context of the thread and accuracy.
I am not sure what the above has to do with a thread on boyfriends.

A school crush or lust, or boyfriend/girlfriend relationship has nothing to do with a noble and honourable lady like our mother Khadijah, may Allah be pleased with her. It is because she was of such good character, that as a businesswoman, she did not go and trade in the markets herself, but hired others to do that for her, and to look after her business matters. Mohammad :saws: always seemed to bring back more profit in her wealth when he traded her goods, and that too using his intelligence, skill, and honesty. Her servant also informed her of Muhammad's :saws: good manners, honesty, deep thought, uprightness, sincerity and faith. These being admirable traits, an indirect message was sent via a third party, and Muhammad :saws: sent his uncle to talk to her uncle. There was no girlfriend boyfriend illicit relationship, no flirting, no unnecessary talking, but honourable and upright conduct at all times, and that too before Islam and before the commandments about hijaab.

M.I.A.
05-10-2013, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

I am not sure what the above has to do with a thread on boyfriends.

A school crush or lust, or boyfriend/girlfriend relationship has nothing to do with a noble and honourable lady like our mother Khadijah, may Allah be pleased with her. It is because she was of such good character, that as a businesswoman, she did not go and trade in the markets herself, but hired others to do that for her, and to look after her business matters. Mohammad :saws: always seemed to bring back more profit in her wealth when he traded her goods, and that too using his intelligence, skill, and honesty. Her servant also informed her of Muhammad's :saws: good manners, honesty, deep thought, uprightness, sincerity and faith. These being admirable traits, an indirect message was sent via a third party, and Muhammad :saws: sent his uncle to talk to her uncle. There was no girlfriend boyfriend illicit relationship, no flirting, no unnecessary talking, but honourable and upright conduct at all times, and that too before Islam and before the commandments about hijaab.

ah well, i guess i cant trust everything i read on the internet then.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-10-2013, 10:39 PM
how about just common sense when speaking about the mothers of the believers?

Muslim Woman
05-11-2013, 02:20 AM
:sl:

some like to say it was a love marriage , thus want to justify own unislamic relations with the opposite gender. may Allah guide them .

Said_Soussi
05-14-2013, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m.i.a.
the first two paragraphs from an internet site.

Please validate or dismiss in the context of the thread and accuracy.

...discuss

or just cuss.

Khadija bint khuwaylid

khadijah, may allah be pleased with her, came from a noble family. Her father khuwaylid had been one of the most honored leaders of their tribe until he was killed in battle. Her husband had also died, leaving her a very wealthy woman. When muhammad (peace be upon him) was still a young man, she entrusted him with some of her wealth, asking him to trade with it in syria on her behalf. He was already well known for his honesty, truthfulness and trustworthiness. He returned from syria after having made a large profit for khadijah.

After hearing his account of the journey, she decided that he would make the best of the husbands, even though many of the most important nobles of the quraish had already proposed to her and had been refused, and in due course she proposed to him. After the prophet's uncle, abu talib, had given the proposed marriage his blessing, muhammad and khadijah were married. At the time of the marriage, the prophet was twenty-five years old, while khadijah was forty years old.
la hulla wa quwata ila billah !!

As someone else rightfully commented:
How about showing the right respect for the mother of the believers [ra], first wife of the prophet [saws] and mother of his [saws] children [raa] !!!

M.I.A.
05-15-2013, 10:50 AM
first negative rep i have received.

firstly i hope i had nothing to do with OP disabling his account.

secondly i have not lived under the strictness of the opening post.

to my knowledge i have not fornicated or dated for 32 years! (to be fair i lived 26 of them with eyes closed)

?

so forgive me if i dont understand where you are all coming from.

on the other hand,

i could only tell what sort of person you were if i spent time with you.

so again, different perspective on life.

no disrespect intended to the prophet muhammed pbuh. his character was the best of characters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!