/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Confession:

NL.
05-05-2013, 03:49 AM
I came to this forum because I had a lot of interesting questions rolling around in my head after the Boston bombing incident and I wrote up a draft to a post I wanted to make regarding some of these questions. Before posting that I ended up lurking a bit in this forum, reading threads, browsing around, learning a bit about some of the members and kinda getting a feel for the place. After I did that I realized that draft I wrote was pretty short-sighted and filled with typical misconceptions. I don't want to post it anymore but the main gist behind it was what do Muslims do to reconcile terroristic or violent actions in the name of Islam? (drag over the text to read it)

You can answer that question if you want and if you need more clarification I will add that, but I'm not really interested in discussing it anymore. If you are really curious and willing to try to persuade me I might post the draft, but my real purpose here now is to learn a little about Islam and the perceptions of Muslims from their viewpoint.

And to say sorry in advance for the shallow intent I might have had earlier.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Dear NL,

We all have questions, big small, deep, shallow, stupid or otherwise. A question still it is.

It is nice to know that also you prepared a draft and after browsing around the site, reassessed the position/context/ or even the point if the 'question' in the first place. Not a question for question's sake.

May you keep finding the answers you are looking for.

Peace:statisfie

bangaliteen
06-03-2013, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NL.
I came to this forum because I had a lot of interesting questions rolling around in my head after the Boston bombing incident and I wrote up a draft to a post I wanted to make regarding some of these questions. Before posting that I ended up lurking a bit in this forum, reading threads, browsing around, learning a bit about some of the members and kinda getting a feel for the place. After I did that I realized that draft I wrote was pretty short-sighted and filled with typical misconceptions. I don't want to post it anymore but the main gist behind it was what do Muslims do to reconcile terroristic or violent actions in the name of Islam? (drag over the text to read it)

You can answer that question if you want and if you need more clarification I will add that, but I'm not really interested in discussing it anymore. If you are really curious and willing to try to persuade me I might post the draft, but my real purpose here now is to learn a little about Islam and the perceptions of Muslims from their viewpoint.

And to say sorry in advance for the shallow intent I might have had earlier.
Reminder Islam is against terrorism, what those Chechen did was against Islam, its forbidden to kill innocent people.
Ask if you have questions about Islam. Don't listen to anti-Islamic sites since they provide false things.

GodIsAll
06-03-2013, 04:28 AM
NL:

You came here for the same reason that I started on here. It was after 9-11 - the day after I watched some "documentary" called Islam:What the West needs to Know".

So, prior to making a decision on Muslims, I came right here. I have met many, many people with great attributes. People I have come to know and respect. I do not always agree with some of their perceptions, but...surprisingly to me, I usually do.

In short, there are nuts everywhere who do things because they believe they are spiritsally obligated to. The US foreign policy doesn't even attempt at that.

Please. Be patient, respectful. Get to know many beautiful humans here who have chosen to follow Allah's path. While our Creator amazes me daily, I am also humbled by so many people here who have chose to be his servants.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!