/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Voting for government

greenhill
05-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Salaam to all.

I am very unclear on this matter and my country went to the polls today.

1) In the modern day, it is our responsibility to vote. But will we be held accountable for the action or inaction in the hereafter?
2) Say the candidates contesting in the constituency we are to cast our votes does not represent us on the issue of faith but on a 'Party' manifesto not necessarily Islamic, should we abstain or cast a vote anyway?

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-05-2013, 06:19 AM
How about vote for Islamic party?. PAS maybe?

NL.
05-05-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't know how your system of government works, but you vote to voice your preference. During elections where the public votes, there are votes on a referendum or votes on a candidate, usually both.
With the referendum, it doesn't matter what parties or constituencies say at the moment you are voting. You either vote to support it, vote to oppose it or abstain from voting.
With candidates, your only choices may be in parties you are not a party of yourself. Your choice, you either vote for one you'd most like to get the office they're competing for or you abstain from voting.
My party is Independent, but there is rarely an Independent candidate. So of the candidate choices available, I vote for the lesser of two evils.

That's where I'm coming from, in my perspective anyway.

greenhill
05-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Ardianto, Ha ha, ya PAS, they are the Islamic Party but none from that party at my constituent.
NL, lesser of the two evils it is.

My question was more on the 'spiritual' level with regards to whether we will be accountable for this decision. Like how we will be accountable for other facets of our lives...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Well, the election has come and gone with the govenrment elected back with a slighly lesser majority. Still, I am no wiser with regard to implication of voting for a candidate that does not represent our faith. None of them were muslims where I voted.

Any ideas anyone?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!