/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 600,000 Duroods for one - Imam As-Suyuti

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2013, 05:57 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
05-05-2013, 06:31 PM
This sounds too good to be true. If this really means it equals to that many Duroods, then I could probably ask Allah to see the Holy Prophet (saw) again. I am greedy to see him again.

Please tell me, where is the source for which you found this Durood? Are there other eminent du'as from the same book as well? Jazakallah.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2013, 06:35 PM
its narrated by a scholar from imam suyuti and i dont know the book but a durood is still worth reciting bro.

i felt its worth sharing for my brothers :-)

Ahmad H
05-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Most definitely. Imagine, now every time I recite this Durood, you also get the Sawab for it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
05-06-2013, 07:42 PM
:salam:

We have to be very careful when propagating statements such as these - to say that there is a durood/salawaat with the reward of 600,000 duroods, can imply that the Prophet :saws: neglected or forgot to tell us something so important. This saying does not appear to go back to the Prophet :saws: and is not narrated from him. According to the picture, the above durood is taken from a book called dalaa'il al khayraat. This book is known to contain some weak and fabricated reports. What Jalaal al Deen as-Suyooti said, was:

I read in al-Tabaqaat by al-Taaj al-Subki, quoting from his father, the words: “The best words with which a person can send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are the words that appear in the Tashahhud.

He said: Whoever says these words has sent blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for certain, and whoever says any other words, there is some doubt as to whether he has sent blessings in the required manner, because they said, ‘How should we send blessings upon you?’ and he said, ‘Say…’ So he stated that sending blessings upon him is done in that manner.
He then mentions a different type of durood he used to read, and says:

If there had been any more eloquent words, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not have chosen these words. So I sought forgiveness for that and went back to the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

And he said: If anyone swears to send the best of prayers upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then these words are the best he can say.
Quoted from al-Sunan wa’l-Mubtada’aat by Muhammad ‘Abd al-Salaam al-Shuqayri, p. 232

The best way to send durood, is the way that the Prophet :saws:, the one upon whom durood is to be sent, taught his companions when they asked him. This has been narrated via many sound narrators, in authentic hadeeth. There are also some other versions of durood/salawaat with slightly different wordings in authentic hadeeth. These are the reports that we should be acting upon. While we are not limited to those reports, to believe that another type of durood/salawaat other than those mentioned in the authentic hadeeth is superior in reward, to the extent of the above, implies the prophet :saws: fell short in conveying to us what was of such tremendous benefit to us.

Narrated `Abdur-Rahman bin Abi Laila:

Ka`b bin Ujrah met me and said, "Shall I not give you a present I got from the Prophet?" `Abdur- Rahman said, "Yes, give it to me." I said, "We asked Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) saying, 'O Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam)! How should one (ask Allah to) send blessings on you, the members of the family, for Allah has taught us how to salute you (in the prayer)?' He said, 'Say: O Allah! Send Your Mercy on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad, as You sent Your Mercy on Abraham and on the family of Abraham, for You are the Most Praise-worthy, the Most Glorious. O Allah! Send Your Blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You sent your Blessings on Abraham and on the family of Abraham, for You are the Most Praise-worthy, the Most Glorious.' "

حَدَّثَنَا قَيْسُ بْنُ حَفْصٍ، وَمُوسَى بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو قُرَّةَ، مُسْلِمُ بْنُ سَالِمٍ الْهَمْدَانِيُّ قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عِيسَى، سَمِعَ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنَ أَبِي لَيْلَى، قَالَ لَقِيَنِي كَعْبُ بْنُ عُجْرَةَ فَقَالَ أَلاَ أُهْدِي لَكَ هَدِيَّةً سَمِعْتُهَا مِنَ النَّبِيِّ، صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقُلْتُ بَلَى، فَأَهْدِهَا لِي‏.‏ فَقَالَ سَأَلْنَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقُلْنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ كَيْفَ الصَّلاَةُ عَلَيْكُمْ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ عَلَّمَنَا كَيْفَ نُسَلِّمُ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏ "‏ قُولُوا اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ، اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ، كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ، وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 3370
In-book reference: Book 60, Hadith 49
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 4, Book 55, Hadith 589

In the above hadeeth, this durood is called a gift from the prophet :saws:. What better gift than one from the Prophet :saws: himself?

Let us send our blessings on our beloved prophet :saws: in the ways the best of creation :saws: taught us, and no way is better than the way he :saws: taught. As appealing as it may sound if somebody tells us there's 600,000 durood reward by reading one durood formulated by another person, no matter how righteous, this cannot be the case if the Prophet :saws: didn't say it, and it can keep us away from the genuine reward mentioned in the authentic ahadeeth.

And Allah knows best.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!