/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Muslim in a American Public High School

Terrence Porter
05-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I am a new muslim convert. Now that i am muslim, i find i VERY hard to be at school. I find myself alone alot and alot more silent now. The reason is because i dont condone what my non-muslim friends Talk about and Do. They look at me like im nuts when i try to explain why i dont sit with them at lunch, and join in thier conversations anymore. Im afraid they will make fun of me if i tell them i am a Muslim and i shouldnt talk about or do certain things.Also I miss the Zuhr prayer because i cant pray at school. What do i do about these issues?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
05-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Salaam.

Welcome to our forums.:welcome:

جوري
05-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Terrence you're the only Muslim in the entire school?
I suggest you take a more leadership role and herald some changes that you'd like to see made. For instance a place for prayer..
Everyone cries about being denied their rights, including the right to sodomize other teenagers and get applauded for it. Not sure why you can't make a case about isolation and lack of accommodations for Muslims. If they can accommodate deviant sex, they can accommodate you for the five minutes of prayer..

:welcome: aboard

tigerkhan
05-06-2013, 02:05 AM
:sl:
welcome to the forum.
i will suggest to find some practicing Muslim in ur area and hopefully they can suggest u better as they have been through same circumstance as you. be with the jamat/group and dont be alone.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
05-06-2013, 02:33 AM
:sl:

Bro , Welcome to Islam.

U may start a thread in new Muslim / general section for the discussion .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!