/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Marathon Hero Jeff Bauman inspires Boston Fans 5/4/13"

Iceee
05-06-2013, 12:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYenQCR5eiQ

Skip to 0:38 and don't listen to audio(music)

I
love watching hockey, my favourite team is the Toronto Maple Leafs; but when I saw this live before the game, I was and still am confused. Why is he so excited and happy?

Anyone else think they understand why the man who almost died, lost both legs, and saw the two suspects before the bombing is so excited and happy. I don't understand this at all...

Skip to 0:38 and don't listen to audio(music)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-06-2013, 01:01 AM
he made loads of money, and fame for being a liar and getting away with it, and he gets patsies to defend his story.. a story that is yet to see the inside of a court room. People who deceive others usually have a smug look about them but :Allah::swt: sees all and knows all and what goes around comes around!

:w:

Iceee
05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
he made loads of money, and fame for being a liar and getting away with it, and he gets patsies to defend his story
Salaam.

Care to explain? I know that he identified the two Chechen suspects after the bombs went off. I don't understand how he has the courage to come out in public with two missing legs.

Think if it were you, wouldn't you feel ashamed or something to come out in public?

sister herb
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

I know that he identified the two Chechen suspects after the bombs went off.
Salam alaykum

How you know it?

:nervous:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Independent
05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Think if it were you, wouldn't you feel ashamed or something to come out in public?
I think it's sad you think he should feel 'ashamed' for having a disability. Perhaps you don't mean it like that?

People react to extreme stress in very different ways. I remember a case in the UK many years ago, when a young woman (Susie Lamplugh) was abducted and presumed killed (her body has never been found). Her mother, Diana Lamplugh, became a kind of celebrity afterwards and started a public campaign to try and avoid such tragedies in the future. Many people also said of her - unkindly in my view - that she 'enjoyed' the celebrity.

The other issue behind this story was very fully debated in the now-terminated Boston thread - ie is Jeff Bauman actually Nick Vogt. The more we see Jeff continue in the public eye in Boston, while Nick lives visibly with his friends and family in Ohio, the more absurd this idea becomes.

جوري
05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Salaam.

Care to explain? I know that he identified the two Chechen suspects after the bombs went off. I don't understand how he has the courage to come out in public with two missing legs.

we had a 19 page thread on that in worlds affair section read it in its entirety, focus on the medical marvels of his injuries - I don't think you'll require an explanation after that at all!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!