/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about F1

Samiun
05-07-2013, 04:37 PM
:sl: F1 is imo the best sport in the world(the most technologically advanced sport). Well I like the sport very much, I watch Qualifying and Race-Day but not the practices. I wish I have SKY sports(UK rocks!) here so I could watch onboard camera but hey, you gotta be happy for what you have right? I watch F1 races on Fox Sports HD, but sadly some parts of the race spoils my mood most of the time. I sometimes wonder how hard would a Muslim F1 drvier have to strive to be inside the sport when so much haram things are happening like :

1.Grid Girls

2.Champagne on the podium(I'm guessing they have to run away during the celebrations)

3.Alcohol/bank company sponsoring the cars

Well that's it really, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Just sharing a few thoughts to people who watch this awesome sport on the weekends. Forza Felipe Massa & Fernando Alonso!~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Not jst F1. Most sports now have these elements. If not alcohol, betting.

In this fast paced hedonistic world, nothing is ever designed with a thought for Islamic values. Yes, it will be tough with the 'lifestyle'. But if he is good and 'grounded' with faith, why not? But then again, Islamicly (is there a word?) speaking, these pursuits are non productive, can be considered time wasting, like playing cards. With the 'Western' ideology pressed so far into our daily lives, it has become second nature, acceptable everyday activity. It's as though we can't see the woods for the trees anymore. :exhausted. There's the dilemma!;D

Urban Turban
05-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Read this:

http://www.deoband.org/2010/06/hadith/hadith-commentary/sports-and-entertainment-in-islam/

ardianto
05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
As I ever told that I was a motorcycle racer (motocross & dirt track racing) in 80's. And I still follow news from motorcycle racing in my country.

There is something in motorcycle racing in Indonesia since few years ago that did not exist in my era, .... the umbrella girls!

Well, in other countries the presence of sexy dressed girl on the track is common. But actually it's less suited with oriental courtesy of Indonesia. Yes, I do not talk about Islamic courtesy, but Indonesian oriental courtesy.

And actually whom needed to accompany the racer on the start line is not the stranger girl in sexy dress who hold an umbrella, but the mechanic or someone from the team.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Student1996
05-09-2013, 02:36 AM
NASCAR FTW!
But yea, even nascar has champain but no grid girls.

Samiun
05-09-2013, 07:39 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
But then again, Islamicly (is there a word?) speaking, these pursuits are non productive, can be considered time wasting, like playing cards.
I disagree with this sentence, I think racing can challenge someone's vitality or endurance and make someone fitter. The main goal is to be #1 and you risk your life trying to achieve it. Also, a lot of teamwork is needed in F1, kinda like Football but it isn't 12 men playing on the football field, more like a thousand or less I think. Like the mechanics, engineers, pit-crew all have to work together with the driver in order to achieve success, also the designers think painfully in order to improve the car everyday..

And actually whom needed to accompany the racer on the start line is not the stranger girl in sexy dress who hold an umbrella, but the mechanic or someone from the team.
Well said uncle, in F1 this is actually happening but I could just hope they would minus the stranger girl in sexy dress :P

NASCAR FTW!
Juan Pablo Montoya ftw, I only see NASCAR if he's in it :X

Urban Turban
05-09-2013, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun

I disagree with this sentence, I think racing can challenge someone's vitality or endurance and make someone fitter. The main goal is to be #1 and you risk your life trying to achieve it. Also, a lot of teamwork is needed in F1, kinda like Football but it isn't 12 men playing on the football field, more like a thousand or less I think. Like the mechanics, engineers, pit-crew all have to work together with the driver in order to achieve success, also the designers think painfully in order to improve the car everyday..

Well said uncle, in F1 this is actually happening but I could just hope they would minus the stranger girl in sexy dress :P

:wa:

If fitness is the objective, is f1 the only alternative?

Samiun
05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Urban Turban
:wa:

If fitness is the objective, is f1 the only alternative?
No it isn't, of course you have football, basketball, cycling, swimming and etc, I guess it depends on what sports you really like to do which for me at the moment is racing

Urban Turban
05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
No it isn't, of course you have football, basketball, cycling, swimming and etc, I guess it depends on what sports you really like to do which for me at the moment is racing
One is putting his life at stake for such fitness, those sports are not on the same level as that of f1 or motogp - and that's why its disliked perhaps even haram.

sport is not the objective.
but today it has become one.

please read link in post #3

Samiun
05-09-2013, 11:25 AM
One is putting his life at stake for such fitness, those sports are not on the same level as that of f1 or motogp - and that's why its disliked perhaps even haram.

sport is not the objective.
but today it has become one.

please read link in post #3
What point are you trying to make here? I don't get what you're trying to say here? The level of safety in F1 has improved ever since 94' and not a single fatality had occurred over the past 20 years now but it cannot be said the same for motogp.

Urban Turban
05-09-2013, 02:28 PM
What point are you trying to make here? I don't get what you're trying to say here? The level of safety in F1 has improved ever since 94' and not a single fatality had occurred over the past 20 years now but it cannot be said the same for motogp.
?? Do you actually play / watch to be in f1 someday? How much does f1 inspire the world over to race (youngsters & others)...and harm themselves as well as others?

Student1996
05-09-2013, 07:06 PM

Only when Juan crashes into jet dryers. Lol but he is still one of the best drivers tho.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!