/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advise on baby girl's name required

hostyle
05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Assalam'kum brothers and sisters,

My wife is expecting and I would like to seek advise on deciding a name for our little one. Could I request for:

1) The meaning of the name "Nailah Nadine"

2) Which would be the most accurate spelling to reflect its true meaning, "Nayla vs Nailah vs Naila"?

Thank you so much everyone. :)

Sincerely,
Min

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
05-08-2013, 11:32 AM
The meaning of the name Nailah is Successful or Attainer and its origin is Arabic

TO spell it correctly "Naila" is the suited one but You can also use "Nailah"....its like "Sara" and "Sarah"

As for Nadine:

Russian Meaning:
n Russian the meaning of the name Nadine is: From Nada.

Slavic Meaning:
The name Nadine is a Slavic baby name.

American Meaning:
In American the meaning of the name Nadine is: Hope.

German Meaning:
In German the meaning of the name Nadine is: Hope.

French Meaning:
In French the meaning of the name Nadine is: The courage of a bear.

ardianto
05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

I think "Nailah" is more Melayu than "Naila" or "Nayla". You are Melayu Singapura, aren't you?

hostyle
05-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi Ardianto,

Yes I am in fact a Singaporean Malay.

I'm open to any 3 of the above variations of Nailah. In all honesty, my preference is Nayla, but I'm just worried that the meaning becomes skewed due to that particular spelling of the name. That's my main concern, really. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-09-2013, 12:47 AM
naila is a blue dye that christian Egyptian used to paint their faces with when in mourning. To this day it is a curse word to say to someone may you get naila basically wishing them sorrow..
I understand that Arabic is of no concern but I just thought I'd clarify this and the decision is yours...

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!