/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US Senator ‘open’ to cutting off all Muslim student visas

islamica
05-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Rubio ‘open’ to cutting off all Muslim student visas

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) on Wednesday said that he was “open” to considering the idea of halting all student visas from Muslim countries as a reaction to this month’s Boston Marathon bombings.

Earlier this week, Fox News host Bob Beckel first suggested that there should be a two-year suspension of 75,000 student visas from Muslim countries, even though the two men suspected of carrying out the Boston bombings emigrated from Russia as refugees.

“I think we really have to consider, given the fact so many people hate us, that we’re going to have to cut off Muslim students coming to this country for some period of time so that we can absorb what we’ve got and look at what we’ve got and decide whether some of the people here should be going — be sent home or sent to prison,” Beckel opined.

During a Wednesday interview about how the terrorist attack might affect immigration reform, Fox News host Neil Cavuto asked Rubio if he agreed with Beckel.

“We need to be open to changes that provide more security,” Rubio replied. “I don’t like profiling anybody or singling or generally leading, on the other hand student visas are something this country does because it’s in our national interest but you don’t have a right to a student visa.”

“I’m not prepared to take a firm position on restriction. I want to learn about what might have worked to prevent past attacks.”

Rubio doubled down the next day, insisting to Fox News host Martha MacCallum that he had meant what he said.

“I’m saying if there are indicators people are coming from parts of the world where dangerous people are living and plotting against us that should be a factor determining whether we allow people to come here from there or not,” he said.

Watch this video from Fox News’ Your World, broadcast April 25, 2013.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/2...student-visas/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
05-09-2013, 06:29 PM
wow, that is crazy..

جوري
05-09-2013, 06:44 PM
How so many of these people view others in the world is none other than a reflection of their own hateful, intolerant jingoistic psyche.
I think likewise the entire Muslim world should kick these non-Muslims out in totality they're not only openly hostile, they're raining drones on them while raping their natural resources and painting them as the bad guy. Where is our media? or our media is busy brown nosing them and sucking their scatology and force feeding it to the public!

Jedi_Mindset
05-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I am the only one who thinks this is kind of good? I mean, the US(and mainly the west) is a very corrupt country, most of the muslim students coming there fall into all kinds of corruptness. They should just go to a school and study fiqh in their own countries, its better and not that muslim countries in today and age are good, but will still be in company of muslims and not western people who will most likely drag them into their culture.

There are actually positive sides on this. Ofcourse they should go out of our countries too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't care either way.. what disturbs me the most is the guilt without trial. It goes against all universal principles. That to me isn't only frightening, very telling but is supreme hypocrisy

crimsontide06
05-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I disagree with the above post..a country does not corrupt someone. If a person will become corrupt then it will happen wherever they are because the corruption is in their mind.

Jedi_Mindset
05-09-2013, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I disagree with the above post..a country does not corrupt someone. If a person will become corrupt then it will happen wherever they are because the corruption is in their mind.
Well, it all depends in the environment you live and what kind of friends you have. Muslims who go to the US will most likely befriend many american students and well there you go. Shaytaan will attack your nafs/desires when you are on your weakest point. corruption doesnt have to be in your mind, when you are too weak or have less discipline to stay your ground, well then you will most likely be dragged into their culture.

Mustafa2012
05-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Foreign students generate a large source of income for the education sector in Western countries.

If they implement a stupid law like this, it would be pure discrimination, not to mention how it would affect the education sector.

Why don't they stop giving people to do such things in the first place and maybe they won't have to start thinking of stupid measures like this to tackle a problem they created in the first place.

If they want to go down that road, it can backfire on them.

Because Muslim countries can do the same.

In fact I can see it having greater repercussions.

So let them go ahead and try it.

Vito
05-10-2013, 10:52 AM
“I think we really have to consider, given the fact so many people hate us,......"
Wouldn't it be smarter to figure out why so many people hate the US rather than give them excuses to hate the US even more?

جوري
05-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Why because they hate their 'freedom' of course. I want to believe that the American people are smarter than this but seeing the mob mentality, witch hunts the trials by media - I am beginning to wonder!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-10-2013, 02:00 PM
its funny you mentioned witch hunt. ive had nightmares of our muslim brethren being witch hunted in the west inckuding myown family

جوري
05-10-2013, 02:05 PM
It is not a dream akhi, it is the reality. I myself was being followed by some cop last week while at the mosque. I went from the Mosque to the coffee shop and back and he was following me, a smug overweight SOB.. and believe me when I say I am hardly the 'Muslim type' looks wise so you can imagine what they do to sister's in Niqaab and bearded brothers!

ardianto
05-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Indonesian student teams from UNIKOM and UGM win gold medals again in Robogames 2013, San Mateo, California.

Okay, okay, I know this thread is not about robot. I just want to tell that in 2012 when UNIKOM won gold medal too, one of the team member could not present in San Mateo. US govt refused his visa because his name is "Muhammad Yazid Al-Qahar" that regarded as 'too Middle-East', although Yazid Al-Qahar himself is not Arab.

It's sound strange, but this was the reason that US govt gave. Although in 2013 US govt gave him visa, the case in 2012 was enough as a proof about how bad Islamophobia among US govt.

Now Yazid Al-Qahar will go to UK for presentation. I hope British govt not so Islamophobic like US govt.

islamica
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vito
Wouldn't it be smarter to figure out why so many people hate the US rather than give them excuses to hate the US even more?

GodIsAll
05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Weird.

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 05:51 AM
The Republican ideology is evil and I know this first hand. They try espousing false morals yet they are a party plagued by homosexual scandals and immoral conduct. This is an organization of vipers and their sole aim is not only to destroy others but to destroy their own countrymen.
Members of the Republican party have recommended fully privatizing education and demanding parents pay out of pocket, listing your religion on applications or ID as mandatory, and getting rid of medical aid funding.
I know for a fact that Marco Rubio's idea of a Muslim country is banning any Arab person and much to his shock the majority of Muslims are not Arabic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!