/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hawking.

Student1996
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I came up on this article about Stephen Hawking (famous physicist) who refused to attend an educational confrence in Isreal hosted by Shimon Peres. Here is the article, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...onference.html​Discuss.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
05-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Good for him! We need more of this. This will do far more for Palestine than any sort of violence (to or by Palestinians) ever could.

joedawun
05-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Goes along with my personal views vis-à-vis Israel, good on Mr. Hawking!

Ahmad H
05-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Funny. I was thinking of posting this yesterday. Good thing you did though. i was surprised to read about this myself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A-Believer-25
05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
:wa:

I am glad to hear this! :statisfie

May Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) guide him, ameen! :)

Gator
05-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Didn't see this. Thanks for posting.

Good for him for not going.

Student1996
05-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I found the reactions of Israeli officials highly amusing. ;D

sister herb
05-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Salam alaykum

Thanks for sharing kind of great news.

muslimah bird
05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Thanks for sharing . May Allah Guide him

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 05:43 AM
It is ironic since he is his computer software is no doubt backed by Israel production. He is making his first move in politics and it will be a bad one. I understand the support for Palestinians but I believe Stephen Hawkings will bite off more he can chew ;D. I commend him for his actions nonetheless

Student1996
05-15-2013, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffy
It is ironic since he is his computer software is no doubt backed by Israel production. He is making his first move in politics and it will be a bad one. I understand the support for Palestinians but I believe Stephen Hawkings will bite off more he can chew ;D. I commend him for his actions nonetheless

Sir Fluffy
05-15-2013, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996

I do not know what you are trying to say. Can you please clarify :)

Student1996
05-15-2013, 02:01 AM

Student1996
05-15-2013, 02:21 AM
I do not know what you are trying to say. Can you please clarify :)

Sir Fluffy
05-15-2013, 02:28 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/may/08/stephen-hawking-hypocrisy-israel-boycott

I
did not know you were trolling. But so you know, Intel has and does produce its products in Israel along with Hawking's in particular since it used an i7 which was based off their more complex series...in israel. As seen from photos he does indeed use the latest models. Just wanted to let you know this :giggling:

KAding
05-15-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/may/08/stephen-hawking-hypocrisy-israel-boycott

I
did not know you were trolling. But so you know, Intel has and does produce its products in Israel along with Hawking's in particular since it used an i7 which was based off their more complex series...in israel. As seen from photos he does indeed use the latest models. Just wanted to let you know this :giggling:
But in that case we are virtually all using 'Isreali computers' ;).

Sir Fluffy
05-15-2013, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I am not. I use an older computer :p, custommade. I just think it is funny that a bit of logic shuts trolls up so easily. The fascinating effects of common sense.

Student1996
05-15-2013, 06:45 PM
I am not. I use an older computer :p, custommade. I just think it is funny that a bit of logic shuts trolls up so easily. The fascinating effects of common sense.
So the intel processor is an Israeli product, big woop. Since MY computer has an Intel processor does that mean I'm obliged love Israel and suck their dicks? You're not seeing the big picture. In many conflicts, soldiers fought with their enemies guns. Just because Georgian soldiers are fought with Russian Ak-47s does that mean Georgia should love Russians? NO. You are to wrapped up in materialism. Do you think Shimon Peres is going to rip the processor out of Stephen Hawkings computer?

Student1996
05-15-2013, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Nope, All the components in my computer are Japanese and American, but my processor owever is Israeli (I guess that means I owe Shimon Peres a big hug).

Sir Fluffy
05-16-2013, 03:18 PM
So the intel processor is an Israeli product, big woop. Since MY computer has an Intel processor does that mean I'm obliged love Israel and suck their dicks? You're not seeing the big picture. In many conflicts, soldiers fought with their enemies guns. Just because Georgian soldiers are fought with Russian Ak-47s does that mean Georgia should love Russians? NO. You are to wrapped up in materialism. Do you think Shimon Peres is going to rip the processor out of Stephen Hawkings computer?
I am not too wrapped up in materialism. I just think it is an ironic part about Hawking's actions. You took a joke far out of hand and now you are trying to walk away from your childish actions.

Also Georgia was a Russian territory and the reason they have Kalashnikovs is because of their previous rulership followed by the fact that Mikhail Kalashnikov's rifle was the most exported rifle in the world. Georgian's have no choice but to use a Russian invention but Hawking's does which is entirely different.

Student1996
05-17-2013, 07:00 PM
I am not too wrapped up in materialism. I just think it is an ironic part about Hawking's actions. You took a joke far out of hand and now you are trying to walk away from your childish actions.

Also Georgia was a Russian territory and the reason they have Kalashnikovs is because of their previous rulership followed by the fact that Mikhail Kalashnikov's rifle was the most exported rifle in the world. Georgian's have no choice but to use a Russian invention but Hawking's does which is entirely different.
America supplied Iraq with M16s witch led to Iranians getting hold of them. They still choose to use them because they are good guns. People like you let pride get in the way of logic. Just like when the soviets invaded Afghanistan, it eventually arming them with Ak47s. Its not like they sat "We dont like Russia, so we will not use their guns!" They do what is best for them if it gets the job done.

If I were Stephen Hawking, I also would choose an Intel processor. So in conclusion, Ironic? Yes. Hypocritical? No.

When you say "...you are trying to walk away from your childish actions." You say that as if you knew my intentions. I do not recall making any "childish actions".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!