/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

alexthegreat131
05-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone

I'm Jewish, and I have been getting more and more curious about Islam, so I come to this forum to learn more about Islam. I look forward to learning!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IAmZamzam
05-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Welcome and ask away!

جوري
05-09-2013, 08:50 PM
:welcome: aboard

alexthegreat131
05-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Is it true Islam dictates hatred towards Jews and Israel?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-09-2013, 10:27 PM
No just Zionism!
for the record 'Israel' Yaqub not the current colonial state.

Al-A'raf (The Heights) [7:159]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Wamin qawmi moosa ommatun yahdoona bialhaqqi wabihi yaAAdiloona

alexthegreat131
05-09-2013, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
No just Zionism!
for the record 'Israel' Yaqub not the current colonial state.
Well how can you say you are against Zionism but not the Jews? While there are some Jews who are anti-Zionist, the majority are very pro-Zionist. Plus the few sects which are anti-Zionist shouldn't even be considered Jews, as they believe in doctrines like the Trinity. I mean, does Islam deny that Israel is the Promised Land of the Jews?

جوري
05-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Israel doesn't belong to thr Jews, biblically or politically, it obviously a very expansive topic and doesn't belong to the introduce yourself section. And I doubt that even with a long debate heavily referenced with historical and biblical passages that it will make a difference in your beliefs.
We can't hate people because they subscribe to a religion least of which a religion that was sanctioned by God. Jews & Christians are considered 'people of the book' and those of them that are genuine will follow the right path with the second coming of Jesus (PBUH) the majority will probably follow what is better known as the anti-Christ. I have read so much on the matter from the Jewish end and his description (the ones the Jews await that is) can almost be superimposed on the anti-Christ.
At the end what you call 'Armageddon' and us 'Almal7ama alkubra' will be between good and evil not Muslim vs Jew vs. christian ... it is just a matter of what is in the heart and that is something only God knows about..

best,

IAmZamzam
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Let me give you some advice as a man who has nearly one and a half thousand posts of experience under his belt: if you see a post with any form of the word "Zionism" in it, stop reading immediately. In fact it's not a good idea just in general to listen to anyone who goes out of their way to blend their religion with their politics, is it?

No, Islam does not teach hatred toward Jews. Whoever it is you've been listening to, imagine that they were telling you exactly the equivalent about Judaism, that it taught hatred and condescension toward Gentiles. Only a lot of people do teach that, don't they. And how does it make you feel? Welcome to every single day in the life of a modern day Muslim. It's okay, though: you seem to have been just asking. The Qur'an teaches that all of humanity was made to serve God, and that all of humanity was made innocent, and that our different nations and tongues were created so that we could know each other and not so that we could hate each other.

When you say that you're "curious" about Islam, what does this mean? That you're looking into it? If not, could it be that some part of you is still maybe considering looking into it?

P.S. Though I really don't want to discuss it I am against...the Z-word...but not Jews. So, from what I can tell, is resident atheist Pygoscelis, who hardly ever talks about Judaism and seems completely indifferent toward it. People have different reasons for these things. I personally try to steer clear of politics whenever I can (although in my country the oppressive Christian Right very often won't let me).

alexthegreat131
05-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I apologize if I offended any of you.

I also apologize for bringing up Zionism.

Yes, I understand what you are trying to say. I've been told several times by people with little knowledge of Judaism that it teaches hatred to all Gentiles, and actually someone even told me that Judaism to hate anyone not from the tribe of Judah, but that is another story.

When I say I am curious about Islam, I mean just that. I am curious about the beliefs, and more than just the basic beliefs. I am curious about Islam mainly because me, along with almost ever other Jew (including Israelis) see Islam as the closest thing to Judaism out there, even closer to it than Christianity.

جوري
05-09-2013, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alexthegreat131
Islam as the closest thing to Judaism out there
It is in fact..
we had a rabbi here many moons ago whose name was Rav.. he taught us much, it is unfortunate he no longer participates.. I'd steer clear of politics as it is contentious and stick with the sage teachings that way we can all grow in knowledge.

best,

IAmZamzam
05-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Well, we're here, so ask. :)

alexthegreat131
05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Is it okay to ask my questions in the introduction section or should I start another thread?

جوري
05-09-2013, 11:25 PM
start a new thread pls- some sections require mod approval for everyone. You can understand we at times get inundated with trolls.

peace

muslimah bird
05-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Alex , hope your queries are answered and have a beneficial stay

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!