/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-salamu Aleiykum!

james18
05-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi, I just converted to Islam, but not in front of people yet. I plan to attend an event this Saturday at a local masjid on Islam 101. I'm very new and as such will need a lot of help. I will learn though, my heart feels that I need Allah. I'm James Bryce, 18 years old, and trying to find what's right.

A little about myself? Well, I live in the United States and grew up being taught to be a liberal-moderate christian. However, the teaching's of Christ don't feel complete to me, from what I already know about Islam, I find it to be the best fit for me. I don't know much else to say, other than I butcher any foreign language I ever speak. I hope I can learn Arabic alright, but Allah would be alright if I prayed in English right? Well, I'll ask more detailed questions in the specified areas, anyhow I'm off to read more and practice reading the Suras in Arabic with some free program I found called juz30.
Thank you, many blessings.:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
:welcome: aboard.. :ma: so young.. may :Allah::swt: make you steadfast

Muslim Woman
05-10-2013, 03:10 AM
:wa:

Bro , Welcome to Islam .

may Allah bless u always.

james18
05-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, interestingly I had a dream last night that I heard somebody say something similar to, "He may be having trouble with Arabic now, but if he learns the basics he can piece it together..."

Anyhow, does anybody know how I can learn how to perform Salah? I really need to... I mean I converted by saying the shahadah, not in the presence of others, so I'm not sure if I'm a full muslim or if Allah forgave me at the time for my past sins? What I mean to ask is, how does one begin salah? Do I have to memorize the entire Qu'ran or just Al-Faitha and maybe an accompanying sura I enjoy? Can I say it in English until the Arabic comes to me?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
05-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Assalam o alikum

:welcome: to the forum akhi :) hope u like it here n learn lots n lots.

May Allah bless you n keep u guided on the right path and don't worry we're all here to help. :)

greenhill
05-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Greetings to you,

Hope you will find what you are looking for! :statisfie

Signor
05-10-2013, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by james18
Anyhow, does anybody know how I can learn how to perform Salah?
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...n-reverts.html

if Allah forgave me at the time for my past sins?
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...tml#post517963

Do I have to memorize the entire Qu'ran or just Al-Faitha and maybe an accompanying sura I enjoy? Can I say it in English until the Arabic comes to me?
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...tml#post648637

Hope it helps

Assalamu Alaikum

muslimah bird
05-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the forum James18 and hope you have a fruitful stay . Praise be to Allah who has guided you on the right Path :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!