/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Frozen halal lamb burgers test positive for pork in Leicester !

Urban Turban
05-11-2013, 09:14 AM
:sl:

Frozen halal lamb burgers have been withdrawn from 24 schools in Leicester after a batch tested positive for pork DNA.

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/froz...343138.article

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Salam alaykum

I wish we could buy our foods from farms and see animals before butcher kills them... then we would check if animal is cow or horse or pork or chicken...

~Zaria~
05-11-2013, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Urban Turban
:sl:

Frozen halal lamb burgers have been withdrawn from 24 schools in Leicester after a batch tested positive for pork DNA.

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/froz...343138.article

:salam:

These types of reports are unfortunately becoming more frequent in many parts of the world.

I think that part of the problem stems from the fact that some halaal-certifying bodies operate more like 'businesses', than in serving the interests of their muslim community.

There have been many cases where halaal certificates are issued to suppliers, but their premises are not routinely inspected/ if at all.

I think we should also be wary of meat that is imported into ones country, even if it carries a halaal stamp of approval - as in these cases, there is a wider window of opportunity for things going wrong.

It really is sad to hear of these types of cases, and it has led to much confusion as to which halaal-certifying bodies are 'trustworthy'/ 'reputable' and which are not. This was almost unheard of in the past.

:jz:

Was salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!